Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
How!
Oct 29, 2009

But can I strap a molotov to a throwing spear?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leinadi
Sep 14, 2009
I can't wait to play this first person shooter. Maybe this will be the true Call of Duty killer.

crabcakes66
May 24, 2012

by exmarx

Amazing.

Old Story
Jun 2, 2006

Oven Wrangler

khy posted:

Watching those leaked videos I can't tell whether or not animation was bad/game was ugly because the quality of the videos I've seen was pretty poo poo. Not saying you're wrong, just that the videos I've seen thus far have not been very good quality.

The perk list from a dozen or so pages back definitely got me hyped; I'm going to have some serious difficulty deciding on perks now. I am very excited for this game.

The videos that really took the wind outta my sails have been taken down now, so I can't really point out the specific stuff. I hope you enjoy Fallout 4!

That remastered trailer is good and funny

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Bob NewSCART posted:

Lol gas this loving mess

No, wait until release, then gas this thread. Otherwise the problem is just going to spring back up, you idiots.

The Droid
Jun 11, 2012

Mordaedil posted:

No, wait until release, then gas this thread. Otherwise the problem is just going to spring back up, you idiots.

What problem? The game being a shallow pile of crap? That won't go away regardless of what happens to this thread.

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan
game is gonna be another mediocre :besthesda: incarnation but we're lying to ourselves if we think we aren't going to play it for like 200+ hours

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I'm going to explore tunnels and punch ghouls with my armored and spiked knuckles, next week.

I'm going to scrounge in filing cabinets and pencil trays for bullets, and get the wrong kind, as well.

Starkk
Dec 31, 2008

Everything is fine.

This is fine.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Deutsch Nozzle posted:

game is gonna be another mediocre :besthesda: incarnation but we're lying to ourselves if we think we aren't going to play it for like 200+ hours

yea

crabcakes66
May 24, 2012

by exmarx
I will probably enjoy this video game.

I can't wait to accidentally fill up with cups and plates. And then have them explode outward as I clean up my inventory.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Unsure

Old Story
Jun 2, 2006

Oven Wrangler
The only reason anyone would wanna gas this thread is they've got such a strong emotional attachment to a videogame that they can't stand to see it criticized by others.

I just wanna see leaked videos and funny jokes.

Starkk
Dec 31, 2008

Yes

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan

deep visceral dialogue courtesy of tood howarrd

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Feral?

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
See that conversation actually seemed to work okay with the new dialogue system.

I doubt that will hold true for most of the game.

Old Story
Jun 2, 2006

Oven Wrangler

Is this video still up somewhere?

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Old Story posted:

X) UNSURE

khy
Aug 15, 2005

I have a question.

http://gfycat.com/LimpingWeeKilldeer

The red line on the HP bar. Will radiation in Fallout 4 work like it does in Fallout Shelter where radiation decreases your overall health? That would be disappointing compared to the older radiation sickness style that's used in 3/NV.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Old Story posted:

Vid.me had it up this morning

Edit: /\ Lower max HP seems to be one of several effects radiation has on you. It's still a general stat decrease.

Vhak lord of hate
Jun 6, 2008

I AM DRINK THE BLOOD OF JESUS
thank god skill checks are gone in this game, I hated seeing how my characters build effected the speech and actions he was able to do

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

khy posted:

I have a question.

http://gfycat.com/LimpingWeeKilldeer

The red line on the HP bar. Will radiation in Fallout 4 work like it does in Fallout Shelter where radiation decreases your overall health? That would be disappointing compared to the older radiation sickness style that's used in 3/NV.

No reason it can't be both. I like that it makes becoming irradiated have a strong immediate effect.

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

i,m going to kill myself on friday #wow #whoa
Fun Shoe
Wait I've been totally out of the loop, you guys are saying people are still buying Bethesda titles at launch?

Vhak lord of hate posted:

thank god skill checks are gone in this game, I hated seeing how my characters build effected the speech and actions he was able to do

This is a joke right

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

I greatly disagree but Obsidian recently handled this system perfectly in Pillars of Eternity by giving you an option to toggle off dialogue options that you don't have the stats for. Saves you from seeing what you missed and also prevents you from gaming the system by leveling up certain stats just to pass that threshold.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

Are you being really pedantic about the fact that skills are gone or do you really believe that there aren't going to be any checks for stats or perks?

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Soulfucker posted:

This is a joke right
there are no jokes in the fallout 4 thread

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

I don't know yet whether I'll love or not love Fallout 4. I'm just gonna wet my beak a litle bit next Tuesday. I'm gonna splash around in Todd's babbling brook of ideas. Maybe learn a little something about myself along the way.

Meowbot
Oct 12, 2005

I havent had a plrecription for my eyes in years so the other day I went and got a new one and it hasnt changed. The doctor was like why havent you seen us in 4 years? I told them im scared of op tomietris when the air shoots into your eyes and dilation. They told me my eyes cold get worse....
I still dont know how anyon on earth (especially on a console) can get 1000+ hours out of this game.

I just do not see how that is possible. There is not enough content because all of the fallout games are completely devoid of 1000 hours of content.

HOW do people get that much time out of these games? You DO REALIZE there are MUCH more fulfilling games to play for that period of time? Where the progression actually matters and means something? Sure if you PC it and have a harem of like 100 hot naked fallout companions thats one thing, but wha tthe gently caress? Several people have pointed out they have thousands of hours into the fallout 3 game ... sewer simulator 2010 which was probably one of the least enjoyable games I played in the past decade (oh I tried to really like all of the fallout games since fallout 2was really good back in te day)

Im not being a jerk, I just want to know what do people do for 1000 hours? There is no way you are telling me you just keep going back through the same content repeatedly killing the same enemies over and over because there is not 1000 hours of the game. Its like a 20 to 30 hour game if you just follow the main story and still do side missions. In new vegas I think I had like 40 hours when I said "gently caress, this is reall boring" and went to playing quake 3 again or something.

Im just baffled. Are people so hard up for a good game that they can wander a mediocre lovely one for thousands of hours? Are we really starved that much of games that "fill this itch?". I've put like 1000 hours into the quake series throughout my lifep robably 10s of thousands of hours, but thats over a period of decades, and the game has endless content meanwhile I have a friend who says his playtime on Fallout 3 on xbox 360 is like 600 hours ... what the gently caress do you do for 600 hours?

Ill probably get this game because there is nothing else "consuming" as bethesda games and Im like 80 hours into the witcher 3 and not even halfway through and want to shoot dudes with guns but call of duty is also coming out ...

falolout 3 wasnt good enough to play for 1000 hours, butconvince me what you were doing in that time because 1000 hours is a LOT Of time. I tried to play new vegas the other day for like 2 hours, and I was like god drat this is boring af

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

7c Nickel posted:

Are you being really pedantic about the fact that skills are gone or do you really believe that there aren't going to be any checks for stats or perks?

Well, we know that the percentage based speech checks are still in, so it can't be the latter.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Farm Frenzy posted:

hooray three shades of whats incredibly obviously completely inconsequential timewasting bullshit and some graphics improvements

I mean what do you want exactly then? Just don't buy the game if you already hate it this much lmao

Mad a game for being inconsequential and timewasting.

The Droid
Jun 11, 2012

Back Hack posted:

Well, we still know that the percentage based speech checks are still in, so it can't be the latter.

Oh boy, percentage based checks! Those really elevate the quality of the game, causing you to reload over and over and experience the same bit multiple times! Percentage based checks are what made Wasteland 2 great and not a tedious slog.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Deified Data posted:

I greatly disagree but Obsidian recently handled this system perfectly in Pillars of Eternity by giving you an option to toggle off dialogue options that you don't have the stats for. Saves you from seeing what you missed and also prevents you from gaming the system by leveling up certain stats just to pass that threshold.

Yeah that was a really cool idea I want more games to copy.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

The Droid posted:

Oh boy, percentage based checks! Those really elevate the quality of the game, causing you to reload over and over and experience the same bit multiple times! Percentage based checks are what made Wasteland 2 great and not a tedious slog.

It's not THowards fault you are weak-willed.

ITT: People bitching about being a jack of all trades that can do all content right next to people bitching they can't stop themselves from save-scumming to not miss any content.

Magmarashi fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Nov 3, 2015

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Meowbot posted:

I still dont know how anyon on earth (especially on a console) can get 1000+ hours out of this game.

I just do not see how that is possible. There is not enough content because all of the fallout games are completely devoid of 1000 hours of content.

HOW do people get that much time out of these games? You DO REALIZE there are MUCH more fulfilling games to play for that period of time? Where the progression actually matters and means something? Sure if you PC it and have a harem of like 100 hot naked fallout companions thats one thing, but wha tthe gently caress? Several people have pointed out they have thousands of hours into the fallout 3 game ... sewer simulator 2010 which was probably one of the least enjoyable games I played in the past decade (oh I tried to really like all of the fallout games since fallout 2was really good back in te day)

Im not being a jerk, I just want to know what do people do for 1000 hours? There is no way you are telling me you just keep going back through the same content repeatedly killing the same enemies over and over because there is not 1000 hours of the game. Its like a 20 to 30 hour game if you just follow the main story and still do side missions. In new vegas I think I had like 40 hours when I said "gently caress, this is reall boring" and went to playing quake 3 again or something.

Im just baffled. Are people so hard up for a good game that they can wander a mediocre lovely one for thousands of hours? Are we really starved that much of games that "fill this itch?". I've put like 1000 hours into the quake series throughout my lifep robably 10s of thousands of hours, but thats over a period of decades, and the game has endless content meanwhile I have a friend who says his playtime on Fallout 3 on xbox 360 is like 600 hours ... what the gently caress do you do for 600 hours?

Ill probably get this game because there is nothing else "consuming" as bethesda games and Im like 80 hours into the witcher 3 and not even halfway through and want to shoot dudes with guns but call of duty is also coming out ...

falolout 3 wasnt good enough to play for 1000 hours, butconvince me what you were doing in that time because 1000 hours is a LOT Of time. I tried to play new vegas the other day for like 2 hours, and I was like god drat this is boring af

Cool, thanks.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Meowbot posted:

...went to playing quake 3 again or something.

Same idea.

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

She is a cat of significant gravy.

Meowbot posted:

You DO REALIZE there are MUCH more fulfilling games to play for that period of time?

You mean like The Order: 1886?

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Meowbot posted:

dude game isnt out yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

the fallout game release cycle is like a real life version of the vault project.

lets put all the people who hate new fallouts into a place for 7 years then pop it open and see how crazy they got.

• Locked thread