Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Schpyder posted:

It'd be kind of tough, 8 PM for you is 11 PM for me, and running the full train would take us close to 1 AM, when I get up at 6:30.

I'd be amenable to running a half train at 11 EST/8 PST, maybe doing VB one night and AB the next? I'd probably be up for doing that a couple times a week for west coast goons. Sound decent?

Yeah I totally get it, timezones suck. I don't expect you to stay up late, even one weeknight would be awesome, I could bring an alt which I'd really like to do! Could we do Thursday this week? Don't want to steal your evening tonight and WvWednesday is tomorrow. Merc is aussie time so he's been fantastic at doing late night ones for us Pacific time people, drat work.

Thanks dude!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

As someone who doesn't own HoT yet (most of my game budget is going towards Fo4 this month) what's the new stuff I can do/experience? I'm looking for a way to kill time until Fallout and also maybe level my necro or something.

goattrails
Nov 27, 2009

Ride the frog, baby!

mike12345 posted:

Chronobabe

You mean Chronoanimewhitegirlwithhugeboobsandblondehair

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Babe Magnet posted:

As someone who doesn't own HoT yet (most of my game budget is going towards Fo4 this month) what's the new stuff I can do/experience? I'm looking for a way to kill time until Fallout and also maybe level my necro or something.

off the top of my head i know that there's new wvw borderlands which are fun to run around.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Schpyder posted:

It'd be kind of tough, 8 PM for you is 11 PM for me, and running the full train would take us close to 1 AM, when I get up at 6:30.

I'd be amenable to running a half train at 11 EST/8 PST, maybe doing VB one night and AB the next? I'd probably be up for doing that a couple times a week for west coast goons. Sound decent?

I don't normally get to play until 11 CDT. :emo:

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

goattrails posted:

Guess a marvel villain:

This is some loving terrible Spider-man cosplay. Get good.

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Lonk posted:

Your new mission, should you choose to accept it, is to make a JJ Jameson character.

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

It'd be, if anything different, Chronomantrix.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

CLAM DOWN posted:

Yeah I totally get it, timezones suck. I don't expect you to stay up late, even one weeknight would be awesome, I could bring an alt which I'd really like to do! Could we do Thursday this week? Don't want to steal your evening tonight and WvWednesday is tomorrow. Merc is aussie time so he's been fantastic at doing late night ones for us Pacific time people, drat work.

Thanks dude!
You said you can only really make it on weekdays after 8pm your time (which I'm assuming is west coast Canada) due to work, right? Are you tied up Friday night with social stuff? If not, 8pm your time is 2:30pm my time the next day so that's Saturday afternoon and I will easily be able to run another train at that point.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Mercurius posted:

You said you can only really make it on weekdays after 8pm your time (which I'm assuming is west coast Canada) due to work, right? Are you tied up Friday night with social stuff? If not, 8pm your time is 2:30pm my time the next day so that's Saturday afternoon and I will easily be able to run another train at that point.

Yeah. Friday/Sat is often social stuff, but might work this week. There's also a bunch of late night people I can grab tonight, I wanted to start my engy and necro hero points before long. I will grab you this weekend though, if that works out!

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

CLAM DOWN posted:

Yeah. Friday/Sat is often social stuff, but might work this week. There's also a bunch of late night people I can grab tonight, I wanted to start my engy and necro hero points before long. I will grab you this weekend though, if that works out!
Shouldn't be an issue. I don't get home from work until after midnight your time so during the week (my time) won't work for just about anyone other than Oceanic people. Timezones suck.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

goattrails posted:

You mean Chronoanimewhitegirlwithhugeboobsandblondehair

That's my mesmer yes. Problem?

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

CLAM DOWN posted:

Thanks dude!

I can totally do a half train tonight if you want, and Thursday too! In fact, that'd be fine most weeknights. I could do a Su/M/T/Th half train rotation at 8 PST if that works for you going forward. :)

Saki
Jan 9, 2008

Can't you feel the knife?
Well I rejoined the guild and bought HoT but they sent me a faulty serial code. 24 hours now with no response from support that isn't "Thanks for your e-mail". I have been owned.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Saki posted:

Well I rejoined the guild and bought HoT but they sent me a faulty serial code. 24 hours now with no response from support that isn't "Thanks for your e-mail". I have been owned.

the dev tracker, 10 minutes ago posted:

We did have a batch of bad codes generate last night.

Those impacted will get new codes via e-mail today. You may also contact support; but do keep in mind our billing team is very busy due to HoT and responses will take longer than usual.

I am looking into reports of bonus items not sending correctly.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Thyrork posted:

Cloromancer. :sun:

Chloromancer is already in Rift and it is still my favorite MMO class I've ever played. :420:

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde

Kerrrrrrr posted:

Chloromancer is already in Rift and it is still my favorite MMO class I've ever played. :420:

It really was. That and Senticar Clerics. HAMMER DUDES, HEAL PARTY. :black101:

Rakeris
Jul 20, 2014

Saki posted:

:rip:

Did you make sure all the 0 were Os?

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

AmericanGeeksta posted:

Someone linked a palette website and a die matcher a page or so ago. Can someone explain to an emerging pretty princess-er how to use these tools?

Consider using two extremely dark dyes and gold highlights on the metal bits because they're gold, you see, and thus probably gold.

If you are a human female or a short thin norn or a sylvari with a human face and hair, all great choices, you can also equip the Strider chest which half of goons aren't wearing. Might I also suggest gold for the highlights?

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Y'know, looking at HoT's content right now and what's to come, I kind of think GW2 took some cues from FFXIV in how it's doing raiding. The raid that's coming is sort of the equivalent of FFXIV's Binding Coil of Bahamut or Alexander: content that requires a ton of coordination and considered group compositions intended to be completed by the equivalent of two full normal parties of players.

Meanwhile, Silverwastes, Dragon's Stand, and the meta-events throughout HoT are the rough equivalent of FFXIV's Crystal Tower or Void Ark: they involve a much larger amount of players but require notably less coordination and have a lower barrier of entry. The only difference is that they're not instances--they're out in the open.

That's kind of cool, now that I think about it, and makes me feel a little more positive about raiding. GW2 sort of already has large-scale, semi-casual raiding. It's just the raiding "for the hardcores" that's new. I hope they end up adding more Dragon's Stand-type areas in future Living World updates because it's a cool concept.

Imaginary Friend
Jan 27, 2010

Your Best Friend
I've only explored a bit of Verdant Brink so far but they totally went all out on content in each area. Events going back and forth everywhere!
Also, while I'm not entirely sold on the Aion-like gliding, the vertical setup of the maps is awesome as well. Alot of things are awesome. Good expansion!

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

ItBurns posted:

Consider using two extremely dark dyes and gold highlights on the metal bits because they're gold, you see, and thus probably gold.

If you are a human female or a short thin norn or a sylvari with a human face and hair, all great choices, you can also equip the Strider chest which half of goons aren't wearing. Might I also suggest gold for the highlights?

I'm very guilty of using yellow highlights since I really like using blue or purple, but I was gonna smugly post my rev until I realized I had used yellow on the shoulder ribbon.

High House Death
Jun 18, 2011
Got it. Will report back with my findings :v:

In other news, it appears Warriors are kinda hot garbage right now in PVP, which is fine. Since my first 80 (as of last night) is a warrior, I'm looking to gear him for General PVE Sexytime. From everything I've read, it seems to be Berserkers gear, start with rare, work towards exotic, run world bosses, dungeons, and fractals. What would a set of rare Berserker stat heavy gear run me roughly, as I probably can't buy exotic straight up right now.

Generic Octopus
Mar 27, 2010

AmericanGeeksta posted:

Got it. Will report back with my findings :v:

In other news, it appears Warriors are kinda hot garbage right now in PVP, which is fine. Since my first 80 (as of last night) is a warrior, I'm looking to gear him for General PVE Sexytime. From everything I've read, it seems to be Berserkers gear, start with rare, work towards exotic, run world bosses, dungeons, and fractals. What would a set of rare Berserker stat heavy gear run me roughly, as I probably can't buy exotic straight up right now.

You can get a full rare set of armor from dungeons with 210 tokens; exotic, 1380. Weapons are cheap if you get them from WvW vendors or via guild commendations. Trinkets/rings are easy, grab some ascended ones via laurels/guild commendations.

Joust
Dec 7, 2007

No Ledges.

Lonk posted:

High House Death
Jun 18, 2011

Generic Octopus posted:

You can get a full rare set of armor from dungeons with 210 tokens; exotic, 1380. Weapons are cheap if you get them from WvW vendors or via guild commendations. Trinkets/rings are easy, grab some ascended ones via laurels/guild commendations.

Looks like I'll have to work on dungeon tokens then.

I watched Mega Happy Fun Time somethingorother's video on "80 Now What" and they also recommended getting the ascended accessories first.

Hefty
Jun 11, 2008

There are also karma vendors in orr that sell exotic armor if you can be bothered to drag your rear end all the way out there. Between karma, dungeon tokens, laurels, and wvw badges most people that level normally have enough of the different currencies to piece together a full set.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

just skip right to getting exotic armor. it doesn't take that much and it's pretty much the baseline for 'endgame' gear. ascended is really only if you want to go for it and/or do high level fractals.

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

Hefty posted:

There are also karma vendors in orr that sell exotic armor if you can be bothered to drag your rear end all the way out there. Between karma, dungeon tokens, laurels, and wvw badges most people that level normally have enough of the different currencies to piece together a full set.

This is a good idea but don't be like me and slot expensive runes in them!

Edit: Wait, I can salvage these now?

ItBurns fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Nov 4, 2015

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G

Thanks to Visidian NapoleonAtWaterloo I made it to the top of guild hall!

Also pet Wyvern and Mini Tequatl.

Aesis fucked around with this message at 09:25 on Nov 4, 2015

Heavy Lobster
Oct 24, 2010

:gowron::m10:

ItBurns posted:

This is a good idea but don't be like me and slot expensive runes in them!

Edit: Wait, I can salvage these now?

Yup! HoT made it so you can salvage the WvW armor. Still can't salvage the karma armor though, so don't gently caress that up.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Checked the Dev Tracker and it's good to see that Anet's customer service guys are keeping up the proud tradition of trolling the people who were exploiting and got banned once they bring it up on the forums under the guise of false positives and having done nothing wrong:

tyu.9470 posted:

Gaile, my account has been banned my brother’s account has been banned my friend and her 2nd account also been banned. I am guessing for the same false-positive. My plea to you is that instead of giving this is final responses could you please work with the folks that get false banned faster.
This is my 2nd time being false banned and first time i remember you were the one that talked with me and thank god you are a helpful person and seen the false and unbanned me however the first people that responded did NOT.
I just want to lose as small time as possible due to this, could you please tell me what exactly we can do to prove our innocence as in what details we can provide?
My guess is that these cheat programs also involve logging in to multiple accounts for some reason which you guys have said MANY times is allowed as long as we manually control them.
I am losing my sleep over this, so i am sorry if this post is a bit weird or badly written. I just wish you could take over my ticket again but i know you cant do that everytime.. just any tips on how to actually get to talk with a senior GM?
I am sure you’ll agree that false positives happen EVERY time you do ban waves no matter how much you try to check.
Reponse:

Chris Cleary posted:

Cheating on 2 of your 9 accounts got all 9 of them banned.
Shine on you crazy diamonds :allears:

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

I see that femsalad revenants are popular.

Here's mine (now a herald):

High House Death
Jun 18, 2011
So I bought what I'm guessing was crafted rare Berserker gear from the Exchange. It was cheap, but way better than what I had (I leveled through a combination of EoTM, sPVP tomes, and the Mad Kings Labyrinth). But I'll start working on Exotic now I guess.

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."
Chronomyncer

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Schpyder posted:

I see that femsalad revenants are popular.

Here's mine (now a herald):

I've actually found it really hard to get Sylvari ladies to work with heavy armour because they've got a weird standing posture and some really weird proportions on their shoulders which cause really bad clipping issues similar to the problems male Norns have. I'm reasonably happy with my Dragonhunter (see below) but I've had a hell of a time getting most of the options for legs or shoulders to not look stupid on them.

I've decided this looks better without the hat most of the time but I'm at work so can't get an updated picture just yet. I use the same hairstyle you do although mine's coloured like coleslaw :v:

rhoga
Jun 4, 2012

mon chou

Relevenant: My revenant Headmates. Let her tell you about her anime husbando, Shiro.

I know there's some clipping on the shoulders, but I've accepted that as the cost of an otherwise good combo.

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?
So I was asked what I'm currently running on my ratpeople minion-master reaper, so here it is:

In short, specialize in:
Death Magic, taking the top choice each time.
- Flesh of the Master makes both you and your minions tougher, and it scales your toughness bonus based on how many minions you have, and as we will see, the idea is to end up with all the minions.
- Necromantic Corruption buffs your minions' damage, and also lets them cure your conditions! This is very good, as you will have lots of minions.
- Death Nova makes your minions kamikaze when they die, which is way better than them just splatting. It also summons MORE MINIONS when you kill enemies. This is good, because more minions means more dead enemies.

Blood Magic, taking the bottom choice each time.
- Blood Bond lets you siphon health from your enemies when you make them bleed. This is good, because your staff 2 (with its very low cooldown) inflicts lots of bleeding in an AOE!
- Vampiric Presence gives both you and your allies health-siphoning powers whenever you hit foes. Your minions count as allies. Now your minions are healing themselves.
- Transfusion gives you extra healing on one of your shroud skills, but to be honest this choice is less important and if you really like one of the other choices you can probably swap out.

Reaping, duh. Go with 1/1/whatever you want.
- Augury of Death lets you shout more, and makes your shouts siphon even more health. This is amazing because you will be shouting Rise! at literally every occasion.
- Soul Eater makes Gravedigger (your GS 2) faster, and it also siphons health. Notice a pattern? With this reduction, if you hit a low-health enemy, you will siphon its health and also be able to gravedigger again immediately. You are now a health-siphoning gravedigger-spamming monster.

As for weapons, I go with Greatsword/Staff. Greatsword provides amazing melee-range damage, and the Gravedigger-spam thing is just godlike. Staff provides you with AOE support and damage capabilities, a condition clear, and Mark of Blood, which makes your enemies bleed (triggering the signet of vampirism thing) and applies regeneration to your allies. Remember that your minions will be in a cluster around your enemies, so they'll all get healed on top of the health-siphoning they're now doing. Go wild.

For utilities, I have slotted:
- Rise!, which is literally the best thing forever. It summons shambling horrors, 1 plus an additional one for every enemy in range. These horrors are not just adorable, they also come in huge numbers, stacking your toughness into the sky. Not just that, they tank for you, taking half of incoming damage as long as they're attacking a foe! You love these guys. They are your best friends. Hammer this constantly, especially if you're in range of lots of enemies. Remember, because of that trait in Reaping, this shout will also heal you!
- Bone Minions, because there's two of them, which is the main edge over Shadow Fiend. Plus you can blow them up for a blast finisher.
- Bone Fiend, because he hits hard and at range.
- For healing skill, Blood Fiend, because it's a surprisingly effective constant heal that also deals damage and adds to your toughness, but you can slot a more active heal if you really feel like you need it (you won't),
- For elite, Flesh Golem, because fleeeeesh goooooolem.

Strategically, what you're mostly doing is running around with all your minions. When you see a big group of enemies, run into the middle of them, pop Rise!, then back off and provide support with your staff's AOE Marks while your minions soften them up. Then, dash in and get in the thick of things with your greatsword. Wreck face. Apply Reaper Form as necessary, rinse, repeat.

NapoleonAtWaterloo
Jun 28, 2008

Aesis posted:

Thanks to Visidian I made it to the top of guild hall!

You are confusing Cletus with me buddy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brain In A Jar
Apr 21, 2008

spvp trip report: Using a modified version of that minion build above, a soldier's amulet and Scrapper runes makes you an unkillable monstrosity that holds points like no-one's business.

• Locked thread