Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

The Droid posted:

Lmao that scope on the AR, what the gently caress.

It's a lovely home made rifle made from scrap with a lovely scope made from a pipe and 2 nails. I love crazy homemade guns so I think it's great.

https://homemadeguns.wordpress.com/

not my site

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Geoff Zahn posted:

I hope HATE NEWSPAPERS option makes John Fallout go on a tirade about the liberal media and eventually chemtrails

The dialogue will be written by Sorkin for that portion of the game

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
While this game's animations and general aesthetics look incredibly bad that video when dogmeat falls down the elevator was hilarious

The Droid
Jun 11, 2012

7c Nickel posted:

It's a lovely home made rifle made from scrap with a lovely scope made from a pipe and 2 nails. I love crazy homemade guns so I think it's great.

https://homemadeguns.wordpress.com/

not my site

I mean its obviously homemade but there's literally no point to it over regular iron sights, its just plain terrible.

e: All the guns you linked look far better than the crap Bethesda is using for its homemade gun stuff

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

The Droid posted:

I mean its obviously homemade but there's literally no point to it over regular iron sights, its just plain terrible.

e: All the guns you linked look far better than the crap Bethesda is using for its homemade gun stuff

THIS HOMEMADE PIPE RIFLE IS NOT AT THE EXACT LEVEL OF CRAPPY THAT I FIND APPROPRIATE!

Psychotron
Nov 25, 2007

I AM THE GERBIL GOD KAHUNA
My new favorite thing about this thread is people coming in looking for some light hearted video games chat and being completely unprepared for what is actually happening. I hope more of them post like that dude on the last page with the 5 paragraph rant.

crabcakes66
May 24, 2012

by exmarx

The Droid posted:

Plenty of legit criticism to be had. This is just loving dumb nitpicking.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

The Droid posted:

This is, by far, the strangest and most thinly stretched complaint I've read in this entire thread, and that includes any of my own posts.

The Droid
Jun 11, 2012

How is "I think the guns look really bad" nitpicking?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I didnt actually read all those words, because how could you, really. Did Meowbot say what actually fulfilling game we should play instead? Because I'm going to assume he meant Peggle.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

frajaq posted:

Also I found another video with leaked footage I haven't seen before. featuring mirelurks, mirelurks babies, Professor Goodfeels and hacking

It's pretty neat that gunfire echos now.

Goodfeels though? :cripes:

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Hi I preordered this game on console and I am going to pick it up at the midnight release.

then I will play it for 800 hours and have fun well thanks for listening

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

titties posted:

Hi I preordered this game on console and I am going to pick it up at the midnight release.

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

titties posted:

witcher 3 has better graphics though

The Droid
Jun 11, 2012

titties posted:

This isn't trolling, because you aren't actively defending all of the lovely things about the game.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Taking 3 days off work in advance. If I didn't use them for game releases I'd probably forget I have them.

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord

Capn Beeb posted:

It's pretty neat that gunfire echos now.

Goodfeels though? :cripes:

Ugh, a robot reprogrammed by hippies has the name Goodfeels? How awful and totally not something that got a tiny chuckle out of me.

Also, SOFTSHELLED mirelurks? Holy gently caress I'm cancelling my preorder as soon as I stop shaking.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

The Droid posted:

How is "I think the guns look really bad" nitpicking?

Because it's a lovely pipe rifle. You complaint doesn't seem to be about the artistic implementation of a lovely pipe rifle. It seems to be about the fact that this lovely pipe rifle is lovely. Which is somehow offensive to you?

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

uhh did they change release date or is this timezone fuckery?

e: im bad at math

frajaq fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Nov 3, 2015

The Droid
Jun 11, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOOkIZ2nk2s

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Are there even any preorder premiums for this? Or should I just buy it on PSN day one.

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xt7f7mPKkjI

sout
Apr 24, 2014

God bless America :911:

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

rap music posted:

witcher 3 has better graphics though

I finished the witcher 3 and traded it in to pay off my FALLOUT 4 preorder.

I used to be like some of the posters itt. I remember the first time I saw GTA Vice city and I went 'woah, this game has poo poo for graphics, like a literal piece of poo poo does the graphics' so I didn't play GTA vice city for a long time. but then I did play it and I went woah I love this game so that's how I learned to shut the gently caress up about graphics

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

projecthalaxy posted:

Are there even any preorder premiums for this? Or should I just buy it on PSN day one.

Only preorder bonus is the dumb dota voice pack on Steam.

Edit: and socks from Best Buy for some reason

The Droid
Jun 11, 2012

7c Nickel posted:

Because it's a lovely pipe rifle. You complaint doesn't seem to be about the artistic implementation of a lovely pipe rifle. It seems to be about the fact that this lovely pipe rifle is lovely. Which is somehow offensive to you?

It is the former. It doesn't look aesthetically pleasing nor does it appear to make any sense. It, and many of the "real" guns in Fallout 4 look terrible. I don't know if this is the result of them deciding to go with an "all parts are interchangable" system or just a general failing in designing said parts.

For instance, all the ARs shown appear to feed via horizontal mags, which makes no sense because most modern ARs IRL and most firearms featured in previous Fallouts (Including Fallout 3) loaded vertically. It looks like most of the guns/parts were designed with "looking old" in mind without regard to aesthetics, practicality, or general sense.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
My main concern is the system requirements, I'm good on everything except my ancient 2.5 ghz quad core processor. Worst comes to worst, I might have to get the game on PS4. Have they confirmed if PS4 will be able to do mods like the Xbone can? :saddowns:

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan

The Droid posted:

It is the former. It doesn't look aesthetically pleasing nor does it appear to make any sense. It, and many of the "real" guns in Fallout 4 look terrible. I don't know if this is the result of them deciding to go with an "all parts are interchangable" system or just a general failing in designing said parts.

For instance, all the ARs shown appear to feed via horizontal mags, which makes no sense because most modern ARs IRL and most firearms featured in previous Fallouts (Including Fallout 3) loaded vertically. It looks like most of the guns/parts were designed with "looking old" in mind without regard to aesthetics, practicality, or general sense.

shut up

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Danaru posted:

Have they confirmed if PS4 will be able to do mods like the Xbone can? :saddowns:

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Fallout-4-Mods-Coming-PS4-All-73097.html

Yes.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Hows your alienware holding up

The Droid
Jun 11, 2012

What's the matter?

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
Sounds like mods are being held back by Sony . Bethesda wants to make them available though.

crabcakes66
May 24, 2012

by exmarx

Danaru posted:

My main concern is the system requirements, I'm good on everything except my ancient 2.5 ghz quad core processor. Worst comes to worst, I might have to get the game on PS4. Have they confirmed if PS4 will be able to do mods like the Xbone can? :saddowns:

I don't believe so. I'm willing to bet it will happen though. It just might take a little longer.

Official modding support is still months away anyway.

Nevermind then.

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

i hope fo4 pipboys have a flashlight

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Normal people see a game they aren't stoked about and just go 'well prolly not gonna buy it then, maybe on sale' and go do something else other than sit in the thread for said game and talk poo poo nonstop.

Just sayin'. Then you get all adversarial like you're purposefully trying to troll or something and it's just pathetic.

The Droid
Jun 11, 2012

rap music posted:

i hope fo4 pipboys have a flashlight
They do, as seen in some of the leaked vids.

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

The Droid posted:

They do, as seen in some of the leaked vids.

gently caress yes! The flashlight mod was unironically one of my favorite mods in FNV.

The Droid
Jun 11, 2012

rap music posted:

gently caress yes! The flashlight mod was unironically one of my favorite mods in FNV.

I meant the normal "area-of-affect glow" light, I didn't think you meant a directional light.

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

The Droid posted:

I meant the normal "area-of-affect glow" light, I didn't think you meant a directional light.

oh that poo poo is worthless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

strong bird
May 12, 2009

rap music posted:

oh that poo poo is worthless

Careful, you're criticizing The Product here.

• Locked thread