Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

susan
Jan 14, 2013
So is there official word on when Wave 2 hits the street? I saw some websites list as October 31, but others are still TBA...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cobbsprite
May 6, 2012

Threatening stuffed animals for fun and profit.

Prefect Six posted:

Battlefoam on the other hand is terrible and you should never buy anything from them again. Just google "battlefoam romeo cease and desist".

Don't mince words, Bones. what do you really think?

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
Has anyone kicked around rules for a campaign for armada?
Googlefu isn't finding much

Val Helmethead
Apr 24, 2009

Pittsburgh is stored in the balls.

No clue how balanced this is, but I found it on the FFG Armada forums, if you need a ready made campaign.

https://community.fantasyflightgames.com/topic/191524-campaign-league-play-okc/?p=1853111

TheCosmicMuffet
Jun 21, 2009

by Shine
The notion that Kesmere was a rebel training facility has been put to rest by historians in the field of star wars studies. This campaign is nothing more than revisionist post imperial history designed to promote a pro new alliance agenda, in which Blue leader flies his squadron of T-70s over the skies of every planet in the quadrant without let or hindrance!

It is appalling, and precisely why I seek the nomination for council membership of Moff Trump.

Super 3
Dec 31, 2007

Sometimes the powers you get are shit.
I've seen people go with the Plano cases, not sure which model for Armada though. I have the KR cases for X-wang but for Armada I went with Feldherr.

I think someone here or in another thread posted a link to a blog where a guy had purchased pluck foam and what was basically bags and cases they use to transport jewelry and stuff around in. I remember it being slightly cheaper than the dedicated gaming options.

FishFood
Apr 1, 2012

Now with brine shrimp!

Super 3 posted:

I've seen people go with the Plano cases, not sure which model for Armada though. I have the KR cases for X-wang but for Armada I went with Feldherr.

I think someone here or in another thread posted a link to a blog where a guy had purchased pluck foam and what was basically bags and cases they use to transport jewelry and stuff around in. I remember it being slightly cheaper than the dedicated gaming options.

That might have been me, I got a bunch of stuff like this and it was considerably cheaper than any of the battlefoam or whatever. Customizable, too!

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

I'd like to get the Feldherr stuff but shipping to the US seems gonzo expensive.

FishFood posted:

That might have been me, I got a bunch of stuff like this and it was considerably cheaper than any of the battlefoam or whatever. Customizable, too!

Nice! What did you carry in?

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Sushi in Yiddish posted:

I'd like to get the Feldherr stuff but shipping to the US seems gonzo expensive.

Feldherr is on Amazon with Prime shipping. Prices seem "reasonable" for the market.

FishFood
Apr 1, 2012

Now with brine shrimp!

Sushi in Yiddish posted:

Nice! What did you carry in?

I just got this bag which fits a good bunch of them nicely. Convenient if you play multiple minis games, so you can keep a bunch of the trays in a box at home and just take what you need to play. I'm very happy with the system.

MadWOPR
Jan 26, 2014

FishFood posted:

I just got this bag which fits a good bunch of them nicely. Convenient if you play multiple minis games, so you can keep a bunch of the trays in a box at home and just take what you need to play. I'm very happy with the system.

Is there an easy way to figure out what size foam you need for the various ships?

Super 3
Dec 31, 2007

Sometimes the powers you get are shit.

Carteret posted:

Feldherr is on Amazon with Prime shipping. Prices seem "reasonable" for the market.

Yep that's where I got it, should be here today.

FishFood
Apr 1, 2012

Now with brine shrimp!

MadWOPR posted:

Is there an easy way to figure out what size foam you need for the various ships?

I measured the miniatures and just got foam sized up a little from that. I ended up getting 2x 2 inch trays, 1x 3 inch, 1x 2.5 inch, 2x 1 inch, and 2x 1.5 inch and it fits all my stuff nicely with a ton of room for expansion.

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
Odd question, buddy I was talking to brought it up, is the game like battlefleet Gothic but with star wars miniatures?
Anyone know that game well enough to compare?

Also is there any talk, or reason, they would ever look to add a different faction or race to control? Seems relatively cut and dry with imperial plus rebels but curious

Edit found a bgg thread on my battlefleet Gothic question, nm

Tiny Chalupa fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Oct 29, 2015

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

Tiny Chalupa posted:

Odd question, buddy I was talking to brought it up, is the game like battlefleet Gothic but with star wars miniatures?
Anyone know that game well enough to compare?

Also is there any talk, or reason, they would ever look to add a different faction or race to control? Seems relatively cut and dry with imperial plus rebels but curious

Edit found a bgg thread on my battlefleet Gothic question, nm

i am sure there is always a chance a third faction could show up. The X-Wing miniatures game had a third faction show up in the 6th expansion wave. But I imagine it will be a little while before it happens. Both rebels and imperials need quite a bit more ships to round out their faction before adding in a third faction really needs to be considered.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Orvin posted:

i am sure there is always a chance a third faction could show up. The X-Wing miniatures game had a third faction show up in the 6th expansion wave. But I imagine it will be a little while before it happens. Both rebels and imperials need quite a bit more ships to round out their faction before adding in a third faction really needs to be considered.

A third faction using retired and repurposed Recusants, Munificents, Dreadnoughts, Acclamators and Venators would be nice, but prequel stuff won't happen, even if they were in the successful cartoon

MadWOPR
Jan 26, 2014

FishFood posted:

I measured the miniatures and just got foam sized up a little from that. I ended up getting 2x 2 inch trays, 1x 3 inch, 1x 2.5 inch, 2x 1 inch, and 2x 1.5 inch and it fits all my stuff nicely with a ton of room for expansion.

Did you make a longer post with pictures that I missed somewhere, this sounds pretty great

spacegoat
Dec 23, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nap Ghost
Thank you ImpAss for being A Good Game TM and making me want to paint miniatures again.

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

New preview of the Hoth expansion is out!

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2015/11/2/the-killing-cold/

Some nice effects like self healing on the snowtroopers

A lot of the class decks trade threat for effects

Also

More fragile than a AT-ST but that double attack is pretty nice

Merauder
Apr 17, 2003

The North Remembers.
And FFG announces yet another Star Wars universe game: Rebellion.

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2015/11/3/star-wars-rebellion/

Looks amazing.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Sushi in Yiddish posted:

More fragile than a AT-ST but that double attack is pretty nice

Looks kind of like the Fighter Tank from the old Battlefront games.

The little minis are neat, especially that gozanti.

Galaga Galaxian fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Nov 3, 2015

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

150 figures?! I'll be painting forever.

Radioactive Toy
Sep 14, 2005

Nothing has ever happened here, nothing.
Wow that looks really cool.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

It looks like a board game version of Empire at War (available on Steam for cheap now). That's not a bad thing in the least.

Obama 2012
Mar 28, 2002

"I never knew what hope was until it ran out in a red gush over my lips, my hands!"

-Anne Rice, Interview with the President

Icon Of Sin posted:

It looks like a board game version of Empire at War

Or a Star Wars version of War of the Ring

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
When is the Hoth expansion planned for release because with those two games my wallet is going to die.

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

Rad Valtar posted:

When is the Hoth expansion planned for release because with those two games my wallet is going to die.

It says December on Coolstuffinc. I'm wondering if I should just preorder it now and I'll forget about the dollar damage later. I just ordered Twin Shadows, Boba Fett and the Droids pack. Having a lot of fun with the main campaign but still seems like every time we sit down to play some minute rule clarification has to be looked up or agreed upon.

Also during the Darth Vader mission, as the Imperial player, I miscalculated some damage and accidentally suicide bombed Vader to death with my Probe Droid. I like to think of it as canon and it's payback for dropping he Probe Droid 10 miles from Echo Base.

blackmongoose
Mar 31, 2011

DARK INFERNO ROOK!
So how long until someone comes up with rules to let you resolve Rebellion ground battles with Imperial Assault, space battles with Armada, and squadron fights in Armada with X-Wing?

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

Merauder posted:

And FFG announces yet another Star Wars universe game: Rebellion.

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2015/11/3/star-wars-rebellion/

Looks amazing.

It seems to be the bosrd game version of well star wars rebellion

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

blackmongoose posted:

So how long until someone comes up with rules to let you resolve Rebellion ground battles with Imperial Assault, space battles with Armada, and squadron fights in Armada with X-Wing?

Star Wars For North Africa
I need to use the calculation table to find out how much blue milk I have in my supply lines.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Icon Of Sin posted:

It looks like a board game version of Empire at War (available on Steam for cheap now). That's not a bad thing in the least.

Better, really, since EaW never really treated the Rebellion as anything other than a peer power to the Empire--there was never a sense of a guerrilla war in space, hidden bases, that sort of thing. It was two powers fighting for territory. FFG's game at least attempts to give some asymmetric feel to it.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

I know Fantasy Flight is a huge company and they kind of get away with having so many different projects going on at once but just on the Star Wars front now there's

Their RPG game, which has 6 books coming down the pipline

X-Wing, which is on it's 7/8 Wave at this point?

Armada, which sadly still doens't have a 2nd wave yet

Their CCG which i've not played at all so i'm not sure how active they are on that front

and now this game, which comes with 150 minis out of the box and is basically a PC strategy game on your table.

How in the world are they managing all of that?!

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Recycling a lot of art assets into the various productions helps I imagine.

Merauder
Apr 17, 2003

The North Remembers.

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Recycling a lot of art assets into the various productions helps I imagine.

This definitely helps streamline the processes. Obviously the game design and development its self still requires a lot of time and manpower which FFG never seems to be light on though. They are quite a behemoth, and I'd wager that their in-house dev team must be pretty substantial.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

I know Fantasy Flight is a huge company and they kind of get away with having so many different projects going on at once but just on the Star Wars front now there's

Their CCG which i've not played at all so i'm not sure how active they are on that front

and now this game, which comes with 150 minis out of the box and is basically a PC strategy game on your table.

Don't forget ImpAss which is due a new full campaign length expansion soon.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Oh is Return to Hoth suppose to be a full campaign? That'll be sweet then

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

Any company with the Star Wars IP right now would be insane to not be piggybacking on Disney's ad blitz. For the most part the games are already out so it's mostly just developing expansions. There's decades of SW EU material to draw inspiration from so they don't have to spend a lot of time figuring out new things to sell.

blackmongoose posted:

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2015/10/fans-create-the-ultimate-star-wars-tabletop-game/
These guys went part of the way, combining X-Wing ships with ground combat, but it would be fun to have a weekend Battle of Endor type event with

-Armada players fighting to deliver reinforcements to a planet
-X-wing players providing air support to the ground battle and protecting the ships in space
-Imperial assault players capturing spaceports providing reinforcements to the space battle

Sushi in Yiddish fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Nov 3, 2015

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Added Rebellion to the OP. This looks...scary and intense, and I want it really badly (despite barely being able to keep my ongoing RPG campaign going, and having a half-baked ImpAss game-in-progress.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
Looks awesome. I am excited to add it on the shelf next to Battlestar Galactica in my shrinkwrapped collection of "Games I am really excited to play but haven't had the time or group come together for"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
So how is impass? I know that is a vague as all hell question but does it have things in place to stop one side from getting to overpowered and just steamrolling the later scenarios?
How is the replayability?