Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Medullah posted:

Played around with the Akk Dog a bit. Seems to be pretty powerful, even at low influences. It's also a good companion to boost if you have piles upon piles of green Jawa junk, since you can buy Rank 6 green artwork which Akk Dog loves (assuming because he can eat it and wreck it). I used 114 green Jawa junk and got him to 17 influence.

Sucks that they can't craft (though logical), but seems to be a pretty powerful combat companion. Heal stance has a cleanse, which I'm not sure if other heal companions do, to be honest.

I just assumed that my shoes were classified as artwork for some reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."

Nerd Of Prey posted:

The Gree quests are the "planet" quests. I remember them being marked in purple when i did them. The only problem is, they're kind of off the beaten track. You still have to find the room where the Gree droids hang out, and not every class quest takes you right near there.

You're right insofar that I didn't go into Senate Tower because Smuggler class quests don't require it, but according to this site the first Gree quest is not marked purple. (Edit: Nevermind. That site might be outdated since the Key on the left doesn't even list the purple icon. So, in that case, it seems pretty crappy and dumb to me that they put that mission where they did. Sure Knight and Consular might have to go in there, but Smugglers wouldn't have much of a reason.)

Kurieg posted:

It's a F2P Game, you can use someone else's referral link to get a 7 day free trial, and any amount of money spent on the in game market will get you "Preferred" Status.

I thought you had to spend at least $4.99?

Longbaugh01 fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Nov 3, 2015

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Is it just me or are Makeb heroics abnormally annoying?

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

StashAugustine posted:

Is it just me or are Makeb heroics abnormally annoying?

It's not just you. I stopped doing them.

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.
I'm a little bit confused about the new leveling system-- I knew that most of the sidequests have been marked as exploration missions and hidden, and that main story quests are purple, but there's also still some quests that have the old normal gold quest icon. Do I need to do those, too, or just the purple ones?

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Iron Tusk posted:

It's not just you. I stopped doing them.

I really want that beret though :(

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Empress Theonora posted:

I'm a little bit confused about the new leveling system-- I knew that most of the sidequests have been marked as exploration missions and hidden, and that main story quests are purple, but there's also still some quests that have the old normal gold quest icon. Do I need to do those, too, or just the purple ones?

You don't need to do them, but now that you mention it, I had been assuming those were the "exploration" missions. But I never turned on anything specifically to enable those missions, so I don't know what's going on. :shrug:

On Rishi, I've seen the standard quest marker used for flashpoints, operations, dailies, weeklies, and plain old "normal" missions that weren't main-story level.

prefect fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Nov 3, 2015

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Empress Theonora posted:

Those may be heroic missions, too

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
Heroic Missions have little arrows at the ends of the triangle sides making them look like a Recycling symbol (Cause they're reusable).

And no, You can just do the planet's purple quest and your class quests and that will usually get you high enough for the next planet. I have no idea why some quests show up as exploration quests and some don't.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

So alacrity speeds up the gift giving time - which makes sense.

I'm thinking of making myself a red/white all-alacrity gift giving outfit.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Hulk Smash! posted:

Just dress like the Life Day dude

Jan
Feb 27, 2008

The disruptive powers of excessive national fecundity may have played a greater part in bursting the bonds of convention than either the power of ideas or the errors of autocracy.

Empress Theonora posted:

It was ambiguous to be sure, but they never stated only the class and planetary quests would be kept on the map. They only kept what they consider part of the "critical path", which does include some side missions. You can skip them just fine anyway.

the panacea
May 10, 2008

:10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux:

Hulk Smash! posted:

Wow. I need to try this.

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL

Medullah posted:

Played around with the Akk Dog a bit. Seems to be pretty powerful, even at low influences. It's also a good companion to boost if you have piles upon piles of green Jawa junk, since you can buy Rank 6 green artwork which Akk Dog loves (assuming because he can eat it and wreck it). I used 114 green Jawa junk and got him to 17 influence.

Sucks that they can't craft (though logical), but seems to be a pretty powerful combat companion. Heal stance has a cleanse, which I'm not sure if other heal companions do, to be honest.

I was gonna correct you because what else is the internet for if not that, but it turns out while Treek and Vette do (they're easy to miss because their cleanses are bonus effects on their other heals), my HK set to heal doesn't seem to have one. Unless they just forgot to include it in the tooltip for one of his heals, I haven't actually used him much.

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.

Jan posted:

It was ambiguous to be sure, but they never stated only the class and planetary quests would be kept on the map. They only kept what they consider part of the "critical path", which does include some side missions. You can skip them just fine anyway.

Okay! I've been doing them because I haven't seen them in ages (or at all for Republic quests past Taris, since my only Republic 50 was from 12x XP times), but for my imperials I'll go ahead and skip them.

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL
Oh and speaking of tooltips,

Dear UI Guy,

I have one foot in the grave and thus sometimes have to squint to read the tooltip/non-chat text because it can't be resized, even though there's been a 20-pages-and-growing thread about it on the forums since launch.

I Do Not Know If This Is Your Jurisdiction,
Crindee

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
Getting a serious "who moved my cheese" feeling leveling another alt. Some NPCs have just been straight-up eliminated, others moved to locations you'd never think to look for them.

Classic example is the Revanite quest line on DK--Sandor, the breadcrumb guy, has been moved to the Wall travel point.

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

Alter Ego posted:

Getting a serious "who moved my cheese" feeling leveling another alt. Some NPCs have just been straight-up eliminated, others moved to locations you'd never think to look for them.

Classic example is the Revanite quest line on DK--Sandor, the breadcrumb guy, has been moved to the Wall travel point.

It's been so long since I've done most of these quests I'm mostly just noticing how much less backtracking I'm doing, even when I'm not skipping the (non-exploration) side-quests.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Empress Theonora posted:

It's been so long since I've done most of these quests I'm mostly just noticing how much less backtracking I'm doing, even when I'm not skipping the (non-exploration) side-quests.

I think the part I love most is the Heroic overhaul. I loving LOVE it. No travel headaches, and we don't have to turn them in.

Whoever thought of the insta-port to the Heroics was a goddamn genius and deserves a raise.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

So I just beat the class storyline for Jedi Knight. I went to the fleet and just picked up a bunch of quests. Is there a particular order I should do them in? I didn't start the chapter 4 or 5 stuff yet.

kmzh
Feb 21, 2011

Longbaugh01 posted:

I thought you had to spend at least $4.99?

Isn't that the smallest possible coins purchase amount?

Jan
Feb 27, 2008

The disruptive powers of excessive national fecundity may have played a greater part in bursting the bonds of convention than either the power of ideas or the errors of autocracy.

Spikeguy posted:

So I just beat the class storyline for Jedi Knight. I went to the fleet and just picked up a bunch of quests. Is there a particular order I should do them in? I didn't start the chapter 4 or 5 stuff yet.

DXH
Dec 8, 2003

Ne Cede Malis

Crindee posted:

Oh and speaking of tooltips,

Dear UI Guy,

I have one foot in the grave and thus sometimes have to squint to read the tooltip/non-chat text because it can't be resized, even though there's been a 20-pages-and-growing thread about it on the forums since launch.

I Do Not Know If This Is Your Jurisdiction,
Crindee

Seconding this, I play from the couch and even bumping up the UI scale/tooltip scale to max barely alleviates this problem. This is particularly bothersome with stuff like rep gain items for factions and stuff in your inventory, sometimes you can barely make out what faction or companion it's good for.

Other than that, awesome job on the 4.0 UI, now it's the first MMO UI without addon support that gives me every option I'd ever want as a casual scrublord, out of box.

edit: also, can you fix the Map not scaling properly with the rest of the UI if you have your UI scale sent to more than 1.10? Like 30% off the bottom is off the screen and you can't move it up, only down. More than enough I had to reset my UI just to click on a quick travel point and this has been a problem for as long as I've been playing.

DXH fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Nov 3, 2015

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Any reason the game would hang on the kotfe splash screen and never get to character selection right now?

edit: deleting the diskcache file fixed it

sassassin fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Nov 3, 2015

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Thanks so much :)

Spaseman
Aug 26, 2007

I'm a Securitron
RobCo security model 2060-B.
If you ever see any of my brothers tell them Victor says howdy.
Fallen Rib
Are flashpoints supposed to be incredibly difficult? Today is my first time running them on what I assume is the easier mode and both attempts our group wiped horribly multiple times.

Citizen Rat
Jan 17, 2005

Bleeeh I do not understand what I am supposed to do with a JK class wise. How much will I hate life if I spec tank early?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Spaseman posted:

Are flashpoints supposed to be incredibly difficult? Today is my first time running them on what I assume is the easier mode and both attempts our group wiped horribly multiple times.

Are you doing a hard mode or tactical? Hard Modes are incredibly challenging right now, and tactical can be tough if you just try to blitz through without using CC, proper kill order, etc

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

Citizen Rat posted:

Bleeeh I do not understand what I am supposed to do with a JK class wise. How much will I hate life if I spec tank early?

Leveling is so fast I really don't think it matters so do what calls out to you

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

In the old systems, I had to only go with tank. But with the new leveling and changing your companion's role, you can really role whatever you want.

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

the tactical fps can be a pain if you don't have a healer. If someone leaves, don't requeue and just summon a companion in heal mode.

Is there a site that shows all of the different legacy armor sets you can get from these alliance crates? There is no way I am going to try and collect all of these.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
TOR-Fashion is probably best source whenever Dulfy gets those galleries set.

parasyte
Aug 13, 2003

Nobody wants to die except the suicides. They're no fun.

Spaseman posted:

As mentioned, normal flashpoints are fairly rough. You absolutely have to treat it like a real flashpoint and CC if there's more than one strong or elite mob, and if it's a bunch of strong and elites you'll want to CC as many of the toughest mobs as you can. You also have to do the usual things, concentrate fire on one target at a time and take out the weakest enemies first.

The bosses tend to be a lot easier because the Kolto tanks are amazing.

Chuf
Jun 28, 2011

I had that weird dream again.
I was levelling my JK as a tank for a bit just because I really like the animations but it got a little slow around chapter 3 so I switched to focus with a healing/tank companion and things started going much faster.

I whipped through KotFE on my JK in the past few days and overall I really really like it (companion stuff and humour throughout were all great) though yet again the JK feels demonstrably like the most important class of the game. I haven't yet played through it with any other class so maybe I'm wrong and it feels that way too for the others. But with the JK it really feels like a personal relationship you have with Vititate/Valkorion - when he says "you alone have merited my full attention", it feels like the truth. The only other class to have such a relationship with him or affect the galaxy in ways he might see as significant is the Sith Warrior as far as I see it which is unfortunate as I won't have any motivation to go through it again on say my BH or Smuggler.

Still as much as I like the story I'm cautious about future chapters: Arcann is a big dumb whiny baby and I hate him. His voice acting is some of the most laughable poo poo I have ever heard within this game and I really hope that the expansion quickly does away with him so it can focus on more interesting people like Vaylin and Valkorion. However I thought the most interesting things about the story were the mysteries regarding the Eternal Fleet and the Gravestone with its weird Dark Sanctuary. Even if one or both of them turn out to just be more ancient Rakata bullshit it'll be more interesting than Arcann's daddy issues.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Keep in mind that after the other expansions your character, whoever they are, has become a beacon around which everyone else rallies. KotFE feels natural after playing through Revan, most notably Ziost, even if the 1-50 class story doesn't cement it like it does for the force-users.

Chuf
Jun 28, 2011

I had that weird dream again.
I suppose that's true, I haven't yet played through the full sweep of Revan, Ziost and then KotFE on one of my non-force user classes yet but I still remember feeling less engaged in Revan on my Smuggler and BH. Though really I don't know what I'm complaining about; I'm happy maining my JK through the expansion - the class and post-class stuff was fresh in my mind so KotFE was a real blast. My only major complaint about it all really is Arcann, who is terrible.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Robutt posted:

I was levelling my JK as a tank for a bit just because I really like the animations but it got a little slow around chapter 3 so I switched to focus with a healing/tank companion and things started going much faster.

I whipped through KotFE on my JK in the past few days and overall I really really like it (companion stuff and humour throughout were all great) though yet again the JK feels demonstrably like the most important class of the game. I haven't yet played through it with any other class so maybe I'm wrong and it feels that way too for the others. But with the JK it really feels like a personal relationship you have with Vititate/Valkorion - when he says "you alone have merited my full attention", it feels like the truth. The only other class to have such a relationship with him or affect the galaxy in ways he might see as significant is the Sith Warrior as far as I see it which is unfortunate as I won't have any motivation to go through it again on say my BH or Smuggler.

Still as much as I like the story I'm cautious about future chapters: Arcann is a big dumb whiny baby and I hate him. His voice acting is some of the most laughable poo poo I have ever heard within this game and I really hope that the expansion quickly does away with him so it can focus on more interesting people like Vaylin and Valkorion. However I thought the most interesting things about the story were the mysteries regarding the Eternal Fleet and the Gravestone with its weird Dark Sanctuary. Even if one or both of them turn out to just be more ancient Rakata bullshit it'll be more interesting than Arcann's daddy issues.

Ziost literally ends with you and you doing everything in your power to focus the entire Emperor's attention on you and you alone.

The Agent Story, at the end of first act the entire Dark council and sith power structure is so scared of you because you were able to stand up to Jadus, they put a mind control chip in you, because they can't kill you due to your usefulness. You literally kill the entire space illuminati, and could have the a databank of all of the information in the universe.

Doesn't the Smuggler by the end command a Armada that can rival the Empire and Republic's fleets?

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
Choice between that pirate fleet working alongside Republic, pay me and gently caress off to whatever you want to do or I'm your new boss, let's get to business. KotFE probably goes for Republic aka LS ending.

HundredBears
Feb 14, 2012
Between the people who showed up on Sunday and the intrest in the thread, we have enough goons to start doing HM operations regularly. I'll get together the group for the next run at 8:00 Eastern time on Wednesday. People should feel free to weigh in on what days and times they'd like us to use in the future.

The highlighted op of the week is Temple of Sacrfice. We'll plan to kill Malaphar and then move on to another operation (maybe TFB) unless HM ToS is significantly easier than it was in the pre-4.0 days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Yeah every non force class has earned their place by the end of Ziost, even if their status as galactic special dude is iffy after 1-50 stories. *cough trooper cough*

• Locked thread