Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

projecthalaxy posted:

The first step is accepting yourself.

If it takes courage to take the first step, isn't that really the entire journey right there?

Congrats on your giant clangers, eonwe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

TheScott2K posted:

Just Cause 3 dark horse GOTY

A Hideo Kojima game?

The Droid
Jun 11, 2012

rap music posted:

I really don't understand how you idiots can enjoy anything with flaws. If something isn't objectively perfect it is necessarily an unplayable, unenjoyable pile of dogshit.
Nothing is flawless, but some things are more harmed by their flaws than others, like Dragon Age 2 having serious flaws in almost every aspect of the game.

RadicalWall
May 31, 2005

I have no idea whats going on.
This seems like the place to share my story of Fallout 3 on 360 and why I thought it was one of the best games I had played. I don't have an hour count or anything but I did beat it and all the DLC and certainly got hundreds of hours out of it.

First of all, I didn't realize your compass pointed out places of interest so mostly I would climb to a high place and just look out and try to find places that looked interesting to explore, and secondly I played Fallout 3 as a complete and absolute pacifist. Think about all these RPGs and how many of them are actually beatable with no kills whatsoever. You sure can't do it in Mass Effect! It was tense, it was strategic, but Fallout 3 was an exceedingly rare game where no violence was necessary to win*. I even managed to save all the slaves from whatever that slave city was without killing the slavers. Even the last boss can be talked down.

I know this isn't how people generally play and I don't intend to play FO4 that way, but in the moment, being able to implement a moral code and see it through was an incredible gameplay feat and something that will stick with me. They set you up as just some normal kid from a somewhat idyllic vault life and that's how I played it.

*Until the third DLC, whatever the bayou one was. This is the one time in the entire game+DLC where you have to kill people to progress and I was very disappointed.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

The Droid posted:

Nothing is flawless, but some things are more harmed by their flaws than others, like Dragon Age 2 having serious flaws in almost every aspect of the game.

I don't want to be the movie Groundhog Day here, but that's a pretty good game that I had good time with. Good combat, good dialogue, fun characters, fun town, some cut and paste side dungeons, some rough edges, not a bad game by any means.

Nicodemus Dumps
Jan 9, 2006

Just chillin' in the sink

Still waiting for Detective Cole to come in here and call someone a weak loving sister for their opinion.

The Droid
Jun 11, 2012

"The guns look bad and make no sense, even within the setting they are a part of."

"WOW GUYS GET A LOAD OF THIS SPERGLORD OVER HERE"

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Pretzel Rod Stewart posted:

New Vegas was insanely good tho.. But I'm happy you're happy, my good goon friend

I agree, that's what I meant when I said they were rad and I loved them.

TheBuilder
Jul 11, 2001
Could Todd Howard beat CliffyB in a dance off? or a one on one half court match?

strong bird
May 12, 2009

rap music posted:

I really don't understand how you idiots can enjoy anything with flaws. If something isn't objectively perfect it is necessarily an unplayable, unenjoyable pile of dogshit.

This.

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

New Vegas was flawed and owned, Fallout 3 was flawed and did not own. Fallout 4 is flawed and will not own for all the same reasons plus some new ones.. You can enjoy stuff that's flawed and doesn't own but you gotta admit it doesn't own or you look like a drat baby back bitch online and I will summarily wreck your posts

drat. Sucks to hear FO4 is broken beyond repair. How many hours did you manage to get in before you figured this out?

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

RadicalWall posted:

This seems like the place to share my story of Fallout 3 on 360 and why I thought...

WRONG!

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

TheBuilder posted:

Could Todd Howard beat CliffyB in a dance off? or a one on one half court match?

Levelord would fly around using his mustache as a propeller, showing them both what time it is on that dance floor.

The Droid
Jun 11, 2012

rap music posted:

drat. Sucks to hear FO4 is broken beyond repair. How many hours did you manage to get in before you figured this out?

Why do you keep accusing people who think the game is bad of being hyperbolic?

RadicalWall
May 31, 2005

I have no idea whats going on.

Sorry, uh, Fallout is terrible and we should all hate it on general principle before it has been released.

I'll go cancel my preorder.

(Am I doing it right?)

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
why the gently caress are you people all arguing about this anyway

who gives a poo poo

talk about fallout

talk about how its bad, talk about how its good, whatever

stop getting worked up over message boards

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Genuinely I just don't see how you could watch these leaks or even any of the E3 footage and not see the extent to which this is the same game as Fallout 3 with all its attendant flaws but with the addition of BioWare trappings to make your character even less yours. If you've seen all that and you're still excited, that's cool, and more power to you, and you have bad taste but I still love you, but to not acknowledge those flaws and wile out when other people point them out feels like a bizarre thing to do

I genuinely don't see how an improved Fallout 3 is a bad game.

The Droid posted:

Considering the poo poo they've been complaining about, they certainly sound hyperbolic.

null
Feb 19, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Can anyone confirm that Fallout 4 has the wrong kind of RAM?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I'm the maddest of all.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

The Droid posted:

"The guns look bad and make no sense, even within the setting they are a part of."

"WOW GUYS GET A LOAD OF THIS SPERGLORD OVER HERE"

Counterpoint. I like the way the lovely pipe rifle looks and the side loading clip, while not popular in the real world, is at least visually interesting and functional enough that it doesn't bother me.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

RadicalWall posted:

Sorry, uh, Fallout is terrible and we should all hate it on general principle before it has been released.

I'll go cancel my preorder.

(Am I doing it right?)

Doing it right starts with not posting a wall of poo poo nobody cares about

The Droid
Jun 11, 2012

Bholder posted:

I genuinely don't see how an improved Fallout 3 is a bad game.

Lipstick on a turd. Polishing a pig etc.

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

Jesus, we used to laugh at people who posted like you guys. :smith:

Moonshine Rhyme
Mar 26, 2010

Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate
If bloody mess works with the freight train strength ten perk, I may need to plan on a murder football space marine character. Completely splatter any and all that are not behemoth size :black101:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Davoren posted:

dude :justpost:

Moonshine Rhyme
Mar 26, 2010

Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate

Davoren posted:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

The Droid posted:

I thought DA2 was a lot more fun to play than DA:O. The combat wasn't good but it was over a lot faster to get back to the important parts: the gigglesquees.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

The Droid posted:

Lipstick on a turd. Polishing a pig etc.

Ah, so New Vegas was poo poo too, at least we agree on something.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Davoren posted:

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Davoren posted:

This is the real world of posting.

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!
I really enjoy Bethesdas action/exploration spin offs set in the Fallout universe, even if they don't come anywhere near living up to the main trilogy of Fallout, Fallout 2, and New Vegas. :shobon:

The Droid
Jun 11, 2012

7c Nickel posted:

Counterpoint. I like the way the lovely pipe rifle looks and the side loading clip, while not popular in the real world, is at least visually interesting and functional enough that it doesn't bother me.

If it were just one way a rifle could load or just for certain improvised parts it'd be one thing, but all the rifles do it.

Alternate post: You "CLIP" when it is clearly a magazine YOU loving FOOL

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
bury me with my favorite video game thread except don't because it's rear end and I already have enough poo poo.

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

New Vegas was flawed and owned, Fallout 3 was flawed and did not own. Fallout 4 is flawed and will not own for all the same reasons plus some new ones.. You can enjoy stuff that's flawed and doesn't own but you gotta admit it doesn't own or you look like a drat baby back bitch online and I will summarily wreck your posts

IMO Fallout 3 owned until New Vegas came along and made it look like poo poo in retrospect. Fallout 4 will probably be a lot of fun to play most of the time, by which I mean when you're not talking to main quest NPCs. If that's not good enough for you then I guess we'll have to agree to disagree but I am certainly looking forward to Fallout 4.

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

The Droid posted:

uuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Vhak lord of hate
Jun 6, 2008

I AM DRINK THE BLOOD OF JESUS
It's sad how far we've fallen as Gamers, Dragon Age 2 let us push X for instant Awesome and now we push X for Unsure. What has happened to us fellow game geeks?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

The Droid posted:

If it were just one way a rifle could load or just for certain improvised parts it'd be one thing, but all the rifles do it.

Alternate post: You "CLIP" when it is clearly a magazine YOU loving FOOL

I liked the side-loaded harmonica magazines in Metro 2033, and am glad they are here too.

Kurr de la Cruz
May 21, 2007

Put the boots to him, medium style.

Hair Elf
I can't wait for the good mods to get made. poo poo like the script extender so we can have stuff like Project Nevada or those Power Armor overhaul mods. It seems like there's a good base for poo poo to be tweaked/improved upon, which is about the best you can hope for in a Bethesda game.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord
Has anyone complained it doesn't have multiplayer yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Droid
Jun 11, 2012

Bholder posted:

Ah, so New Vegas was poo poo too, at least we agree on something.
Calling New Vegas an improved Fallout 3 is an insult to New Vegas, even if it is made with the same basic system and engine.

• Locked thread