Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

TheScott2K posted:

Doing it right starts with not posting a wall of poo poo nobody cares about

I care, it was a readable yarn. Granted I also find your mean posting to be entertaining too, I'm not taking sides here.

FauxGateau posted:

bury me with my favorite video game thread except don't because it's rear end and I already have enough poo poo.

This is my favorite thread, I feel like we're reading different threads here. This one is drat good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nicodemus Dumps
Jan 9, 2006

Just chillin' in the sink

Vhak lord of hate posted:

It's sad how far we've fallen as Gamers, Dragon Age 2 let us push X for instant Awesome and now we push X for Unsure. What has happened to us fellow game geeks?

I blame it on the decline of Mountain Dew tie-ins.

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

press X to pet baby

The Droid
Jun 11, 2012

rap music posted:

press X to pet baby

Spin the mobile, the baby loves it. (You must spin the mobile to continue the game)

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

The Droid posted:

If it were just one way a rifle could load or just for certain improvised parts it'd be one thing, but all the rifles do it.

Alternate post: You "CLIP" when it is clearly a magazine YOU loving FOOL

Ohh, in that case you have nothing to worry about. As far as I'm aware, there are only 2 rifles that are side loaded. (unless you count the energy weapons)

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Walrus Pete posted:

IMO Fallout 3 owned until New Vegas came along and made it look like poo poo in retrospect. Fallout 4 will probably be a lot of fun to play most of the time, by which I mean when you're not talking to main quest NPCs. If that's not good enough for you then I guess we'll have to agree to disagree but I am certainly looking forward to Fallout 4.

I'm too dumb to tell if a story is good or not so I liked 3 better than NV. I really appreciated the custom weapon parts and iron sights in NV, but it didn't really grip me. Like, I just saw an ending for the first time 3 days ago. I bought it at release but I didn't beat it until just the other day.

E: I have a problem with this kind of game though where it takes me a while to learn how to build a character so I wind up playing a character for 20 - 40 hours before I decide that I don't like it and re-roll. I do this a few times. It burns me out on the game.

titties fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Nov 3, 2015

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Meowbot posted:

hey thanks for a serious answer and not just thinking im being a jerk. I meant in fallout 3 not fallout 4 ... I can see more times of stuff becuase you can bulid a base with robots

Ok, yes you are right, on a PC ... my question was kind of aimed at people on a console, how do you get 1000 hours into a game that effectively doesnt have a new game plus?

with enb and all the mods the PC version will be easy to get hundre3d of hours into and im super excited even though I sound not thrilled about this game, its still going to be cool I just cant wait for the PC mods to fix the dumb stuff like animations / models / skins / bad gameplay mechanics that will more than like ly be prelvant"

So how does a fallout 3 player get 1000 hours out of the game without mods then? I've seen some people who said they played fallout 3 on console for 500+ hours a few times in this thread. I dont have a problem with them I Just want to know, what do you do doesnt the game end its not like there is tons of respawning enemies or armies of dudes to kill what are you doing for 1000 hours? do y ou end up using the same gun for 955 hours? thats what I mean ... like isnt it all just the same after 50 hours

Probably like, 200-300 hours or so vanilla completionist (All quests, all locations, all secrets, all challenges/achievements, etc) then they get bored. Then DLC comes out so they start a new game and do the DLC. Repeat the DLC 2-3 times and you can have 500 hours.

There ARE a lot of respawning enemies in FO3/NV though but people who fast-travel miss a lot of that. In New Vegas when I did an almost-zero Fast Travel run once I pissed off the Legion I was encountering legion assassins quite frequently. Also a lot of the fiends near McCarran respawn a lot. In FO3 you run into a lot of robots/dogs/etc when just roaming cross country and a lot of respawning super mutants if you explore DC a lot.

Still there are people who get 2000+ hours on a save file in FF7, and shoot for absolute max stats + X copies of full master every materia + whatever else. I am not surprised that someone could figure out a way to have 1000 hours of fun in an open-world game like fallout.

Collect literally every single item in the game and store it all in a single 'safe' storage container in megaton!

The Droid
Jun 11, 2012

titties posted:

I'm too dumb to tell if a story is good or not so I liked 3 better than NV

Bethesda Softworks' continued success is made possible by

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

The Droid posted:

If it were just one way a rifle could load or just for certain improvised parts it'd be one thing, but all the rifles do it.

Alternate post: You "CLIP" when it is clearly a magazine YOU loving FOOL

Uh, magazines are for reading? Who is the real fool here?

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

The Droid posted:

Calling New Vegas an improved Fallout 3 is an insult to New Vegas, even if it is made with the same basic system and engine.

New Vegas is a worse game than The Tin Can scope is a bad scope.

titties
May 10, 2012

khy posted:

Collect literally every single item in the game and store it all in a single 'safe' storage container in megaton!

In NV I enjoyed filling the entire bathroom and tub in my Novac room with stolen plastic dinosaurs and covering my bed with stacks of pre-war money but I was playing on PS3 so it really started to gently caress up the game. Also moving all of my hoard from Novac to the Lucky 38 was a loving horrible chore.

Cleaning out my hoard when the game became almost completely unplayable thanks to save file bloat was also pretty terrible. Also playing on PS3 in general was really bad but I am still excited to get Fallout 4 soon.

E: here's a tip for anyone playing New Vegas in the year 2k15: don't store your rare Nuka-Colas in the fridge in your Lucky 38 suite, there are a limited number in the game world and your companions will drink them all before you even realize that they eat and drink in their downtime and you have to leave food for them.

If you lost the dog it was probably because you didn't leave enough animal steaks on the floor and he ran away to live with the Kings again (for real)

titties fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Nov 3, 2015

Meowbot
Oct 12, 2005

I havent had a plrecription for my eyes in years so the other day I went and got a new one and it hasnt changed. The doctor was like why havent you seen us in 4 years? I told them im scared of op tomietris when the air shoots into your eyes and dilation. They told me my eyes cold get worse....

khy posted:

Probably like, 200-300 hours or so vanilla completionist (All quests, all locations, all secrets, all challenges/achievements, etc) then they get bored. Then DLC comes out so they start a new game and do the DLC. Repeat the DLC 2-3 times and you can have 500 hours.

There ARE a lot of respawning enemies in FO3/NV though but people who fast-travel miss a lot of that. In New Vegas when I did an almost-zero Fast Travel run once I pissed off the Legion I was encountering legion assassins quite frequently. Also a lot of the fiends near McCarran respawn a lot. In FO3 you run into a lot of robots/dogs/etc when just roaming cross country and a lot of respawning super mutants if you explore DC a lot.

Still there are people who get 2000+ hours on a save file in FF7, and shoot for absolute max stats + X copies of full master every materia + whatever else. I am not surprised that someone could figure out a way to have 1000 hours of fun in an open-world game like fallout.

Thanks. I guess you put it into more perspective. I just go "1000 hours in a fallo ut 3 save?" I guess the new game plus is just being _you_. I didnt think there was that many respawning enemies and thought a lot of quests were just like the area is cleared, but if they respawn I could see why someone might be like "I Guess ill go back through the hospital, I hated that place a lot though it was one of my least favorite areas in fallout 3 besides all of the sewers.

Thanks it means a lot when people seriously respond to me since everone thinks im trolling. I am super excited for this game since I have a 980 ti to play it with and will just slap enb or reshade on and I KNOW it will look beaitufiul eventually and im a huge graphics enthusiast (Try galak-Z wow that game is beautiufl!) I just find it really funny how the series has not been that great since 2 but people act like its so good. I hope fallout 4 is as good as Ive WANTED fallout 3 and 4 to be.

If my new vegas wasn't broken I would probably load it up and give the game a shot since I put ilke 20 hours into installing mods, but never played it since I had a titty mod do a weird thing and like go all the way to the horizon and well the characters look so bad I had to get a better bodies mod. this is behetehsda we're talking about lol

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Meowbot posted:

Thanks. I guess you put it into more perspective. I just go "1000 hours in a fallo ut 3 save?" I guess the new game plus is just being _you_. I didnt think there was that many respawning enemies and thought a lot of quests were just like the area is cleared, but if they respawn I could see why someone might be like "I Guess ill go back through the hospital, I hated that place a lot though it was one of my least favorite areas in fallout 3 besides all of the sewers.

Thanks it means a lot when people seriously respond to me since everone thinks im trolling. I am super excited for this game since I have a 980 ti to play it with and will just slap enb or reshade on and I KNOW it will look beaitufiul eventually and im a huge graphics enthusiast (Try galak-Z wow that game is beautiufl!) I just find it really funny how the series has not been that great since 2 but people act like its so good. I hope fallout 4 is as good as Ive WANTED fallout 3 and 4 to be.

If my new vegas wasn't broken I would probably load it up and give the game a shot since I put ilke 20 hours into installing mods, but never played it since I had a titty mod do a weird thing and like go all the way to the horizon and well the characters look so bad I had to get a better bodies mod. this is behetehsda we're talking about lol

I actually thought that you were trolling and was responding mostly because I'm a huge loving fallout fanboy who is gay for this series and also TES games.

And also because I'm at work and bored.

Fergus
Apr 24, 2013

Meowbot posted:

MY EYES, THEY BURN

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

Lazy_Liberal posted:

Yay new fallout game! Looks super fun!

Really? Even though Bethesda decided to use the makeshift rifle scopes in a game set in the post apocalyptic future?

The Mantis
Jul 19, 2004

what is yall sayin?

Lazy_Liberal posted:

Yay new fallout game! Looks super fun!

This guy gets it :)

The Droid
Jun 11, 2012

rap music posted:

Really? Even though Bethesda decided to use the makeshift rifle scopes in a game set in the post apocalyptic future?

That's not the problem, don't be willfully dense.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

The real question here is whether or not to start with eight agility for that sweet sweet ninja perk.

Sputty
Mar 20, 2005

The Fallout 4 guns are ugly as gently caress. They're not even 'ruggedly functional' looking they're just bad.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Meridian posted:

The real question here is whether or not to start with eight agility for that sweet sweet ninja perk.

Everyone who's anyone is going to make a beeline straight for the 'carry more poo poo' perks because let's face it that's the most important thing to do in the game.

titties
May 10, 2012

Here's another tip for anyone playing New Vages in 2015: when you leave your companions at home, take away their regular clothes and give them Sexy Sleepwear instead

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

khy posted:

Everyone who's anyone is going to make a beeline straight for the 'carry more poo poo' perks because let's face it that's the most important thing to do in the game.

Who gives a poo poo when you can get a robot truck in like 9 seconds?

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan

Sputty posted:

The Fallout 4 guns are ugly as gently caress. They're not even 'ruggedly functional' looking they're just bad.

cool

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.
this game will suck but im gonna play my friends copy and pray there's still a way to disable essential on npcs so i can kill and eat everyone in bethesda's garbage world, including the power baby

Fergus
Apr 24, 2013

Sputty posted:

:cmon:

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
One True Build is Luck 10 for sweet STOP SHOOTING YOURSELF shenigans :colbert:

crabcakes66
May 24, 2012

by exmarx
HATE GUNS

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.
and hell, if i have fun doing it, then the game's done its job despite the flaws. now that's paper

titties
May 10, 2012

khy posted:

I'm a huge loving fallout fanboy who is gay for this series

same tbh

Sputty
Mar 20, 2005

The pistol is a giant rounded block that takes up a fifth of the screen that you can awkwardly attach a huge red dot sight to. It looks retarded

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

khy posted:

Fast travel while over encumbered is the talent to have.

titties
May 10, 2012

Sputty posted:

It looks retarded
same tbh

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Sputty posted:

The pistol is a giant rounded block that takes up a fifth of the screen that you can awkwardly attach a huge red dot sight to. It looks retarded

That's the point, they are literally made from blocks of wood

Fergus
Apr 24, 2013

Sputty posted:

:crossarms: Too bad there isn't a massive weapon customization opt- oh.

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived
Will stuff like script extenders work for consoles? Cause you kind of need that for good mods yeah?

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013

rap music posted:

oh that poo poo is worthless

Fear not: power armors have proper flashlight.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

khy posted:

That lone wanderer perk is also high on the priority list. Carry weight and damage/damage reduction. If companions are as stupid as they have been traditionally then this is pretty much compulsory.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

What would you need to do for the Lone Wanderer perk? I haven't really seen much of anything on the game but more carry weight and going solo is fine with me.

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan

Sputty posted:

subjectivity

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I'm going to install one of those real world arsenal mods just so I can keep using the superior original designs instead.

• Locked thread