Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.
Pre-blizzard 3, it doesn't matter what you do as long as you're not casting fire 3 over and over or just using ice spells or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

I've been using Enochian at 58 to get used to the change that'll hit at 60. I hadn't realized before that the Bliz4 refresh gives diminishing returns on your Enochian duration instead of just setting it back to 30s. I'm going to have to spend a lot of dummy time when I hit 60 to get used to this aren't I.

Veks
May 12, 2012

OOOOOOH MYYY GOOOOOOOOOOOOD

Thundarr posted:

I've been using Enochian at 58 to get used to the change that'll hit at 60. I hadn't realized before that the Bliz4 refresh gives diminishing returns on your Enochian duration instead of just setting it back to 30s. I'm going to have to spend a lot of dummy time when I hit 60 to get used to this aren't I.

Not at all. BLM at 60, outside the opener, follows a really strict F4x2->F1->F4x2(F3)->B3->(T1)B4->F3 rotation, using procs when you wont lose enochian because of them. Practicing in Ex roulette will be better for getting a feel on timings than practicing on a dummy.

Also, BLM at 60 is as mobile as it is at 50, meaning that you use procs and Swiftcast to move. Pro-tip: You can move inside the Ley Lines glyph, and don't be afraid to step out of it if you need to, it'll still be there after the AoE is gone unless it leaves a puddle.

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.

Thundarr posted:

You refresh Enochian like twice, then you use the actual Enochian cooldown when you're about to go back into Astral again or something. I've only fooled around with BLM in A3S and I wanted to go back to SMN. An actual black mage player could probably offer better advice than I can.

e: Just check out Aikaal Leyma's guide. It may or may not be the best BLM rotation, but understanding the theory behind his rotation usage will make you better than most pubbies.

MohShuvuu fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Nov 3, 2015

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Some will tell you different things, others will tell you theirs is the best and shun you if you disagree. Play the game and figure it out on your own.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Tenzarin posted:

Some will tell you different things, others will tell you theirs is the best and shun you if you disagree. Play the game and figure it out on your own.

Dude you don't have to still be salty about being wrong. I'm wrong all the drat time. It's ok to be wrong, accept it, and move on. If people continue to give you poo poo about it and you make a big deal of it, people will continue to give you poo poo because it's funny.

LordNat
May 16, 2009
I am getting really sad about EXDR runs since I installed ACT. I out DPS so many DPS on my War.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Another tip is that you can move during the last 0.5s-ish of a cast without losing it (practice it so you learn the timing cause it's kinda lag-dependent), so even in MAXIMUM TURRET MODE you still have a bit of mobility.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
im extremely excited to learn details about the next wave of fishing additions

even though i still havent farmed enough blue scrip for any of the regional lore books yet....

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

LordNat posted:

I am getting really sad about EXDR runs since I installed ACT. I out DPS so many DPS on my War.

That's the beauty of being an axegod.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.
The other day I was outdpsing a summoner in full i200 as a dark knight in 180

Sarrisan
Oct 9, 2012

LordNat posted:

Same but WHM. It's basically a given that I will be top dps in any AOE pull unless I'm running with dudes from a very good static. Which, by the way, I recommend, because sub-14 minute exdrs are a thing of beauty.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Tenzarin posted:

Reading that post about jp had a greater better community is just nuts, they have double the amount of people in NA to clear A4S. americans suck i guess

Helps they live on top of the servers.

Smart Car
Mar 31, 2011

Apparently the developers addad halloween decorations to the developer's office (which you could only access during the 2nd anniversary event).

http://imgur.com/a/nRLfs

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.
The better you know a fight the more ballsy you can get as a 60 Black Mage. Once you hit 60 you'll feel like you're dropping your poo poo all over the place before you start understanding the new rotation. It almost shouldn't be called a rotation, it's more of a priority system where you need to make decisions whether to try and squeeze another fire IV or a thunder before Blizzard IV or playing it safe because you know adds or a mechanic is incoming or whatever.
You'll feel awesome when you pull it off or like a complete loser when you mess it up and have to use your lvl 50 rotation for a little while.

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

LordNat posted:

welcome to the desert of the real

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Mr. Nice! posted:

Dude you don't have to still be salty about being wrong. I'm wrong all the drat time. It's ok to be wrong, accept it, and move on. If people continue to give you poo poo about it and you make a big deal of it, people will continue to give you poo poo because it's funny.

You should just chillax man, you take it too seriously.

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

Smart Car posted:

Apparently the developers addad halloween decorations to the developer's office (which you could only access during the 2nd anniversary event).

http://imgur.com/a/nRLfs

I could be wrong, but I think the bard is still there to port you to the office. He was when I checked, but it was right at the end of the Rising Event.

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh
Excalibur goons, Team Full of Owls is currently recruiting a Dragoon or Ninja as well as a Bard or Machinist to replace burn out. We might even be interested in a tank and could have grizzle go dragoon as an option. Our schedule calls for three nights a week: Tuesday through Thursday, 9pm to 12am EST.

Full of Owls is a progression minded linkshell that's been around since day one of FFXIV. We've cleared first, second, and now final coil with a 3 hours a night, We are working on AS3 now in the first raid tier of the expansion. We're a close-knit group with the majority of the LS playing together since launch, and with a few of us that have ties going back even further, extending to years of raiding together in WoW. At its core, we're a friendly bunch that enjoys clearing content while its relevant without smashing our dicks in the proverbial door.

Right now, we are looking for two dps players to fill out our roster. While odds are high that we'll never ask you to fill a different role, being able to play, or at least learn, both healing jobs and a dps secondary is a definite bonus. Never know what the next round of raid content will throw our way, so it doesn't hurt to be flexible.

While experience in coil or another MMO's endgame is definitely a mark in your favor, it is by no means a requirement. A good attitude and a willingness to learn are. We value dedication, a positive outlook, putting in the effort to improve, and commitment to the raid group above all else. We'll happily accept someone new to coil as long as you show you are willing to learn and are open to constructive criticism.

If you are interested, contact me by sending a PM on either SA or ffgoons, or by reaching me in game

- character name: Vire Darksteel
- ffgoons thread: http://forums.ffgoons.com/showthread.php?tid=27095

Vire fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Nov 4, 2015

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

The third fracture I would do away with...I can't, sorry.

F R A C T U R E
Owls are cool people.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Belzac posted:

Owls are cool people.

Owls are birds, not people, stupid.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?
Is any of the Binding Coil gear relevant once you're in expansion content? I've been focused on getting to the expansion, so haven't done most of the 50 dungeons or any raid stuff. If it is still relevant I'll be more proactive in doing it (3main classes ilvl ~115), otherwise I'll keep focusing towards current endgame.

kafziel
Nov 11, 2009

Avenging_Mikon posted:

Is any of the Binding Coil gear relevant once you're in expansion content? I've been focused on getting to the expansion, so haven't done most of the 50 dungeons or any raid stuff. If it is still relevant I'll be more proactive in doing it (3main classes ilvl ~115), otherwise I'll keep focusing towards current endgame.

Dreadwyrm gear is radical up until level 56 or so.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Avenging_Mikon posted:

Only Final Coil gear would be worth anything, and only until about midway from 50 to 60.

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun
First Coil loot is ilvl 90 and Second Coil loot is ilvl 110, both of which are below the ilvl 115 gear you get at the start of Heavensward. Final Coil (Dreadwyrm) gear is ilvl 130, which is matched by level 53 gear and worse than level 55 gear. Unless you've got some patient friends who really want to farm them, you'd spend more time trying to put together a full set of Dreadwyrm than you'd save by having a higher ilvl for the first few levels.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Just ask goons to craft you gear every couple of levels.

Warren
Aug 9, 2009

What the-
Samurai Warriors Collab is coming and gat dang I finally have a Ninja glamor.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
That spear looks sweet as hell.

Bertram Weatherby
Jul 23, 2013

Curse you Furuhata!
Another time-traveling slider in Eorzea? Good heavens, we seem to have no shortage of those.

The polearm looks pretty sweet too.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I beat the MSQ now what do I do?

The last fight was awesome and the music was amazing.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

IcePhoenix posted:

Unlock expert roulette by doing Neverreap and the Fractal Continuum. Unlock Seal Rock in your Grand Company HQ if you haven't yet.

Run PVP/Expert roulette to get esoteric tomes. Get to ilevel 170 to run alexander. Attempt to get to 175 so you're geared up for the patch next week.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Law tomes rain from the heavens at level 60 so do not hesitate to spend them on gear while you collect esoterics tomes. As usual, a weapon should be the first thing you buy. If hunts aren't completely dead on your server get in on some so you can buy law gear upgrades with Centurio seals to help out until you have a nice set of eso / Gordian gear to work with.

Gear up fast so you can do that last fight in bard mode next week :getin:.

Thundarr fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Nov 4, 2015

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Even if nobody else is doing A Ranks or S Ranks, you can still do the daily and weekly's to get seals.

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating
Man, I really wish I could just cart my fc, our house, our workshop, airship, etc. from Goblin to Excalibur. Not looking forward to finding a static or even pugs for high-end content I have coming up when I hit level 60 tonight.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Warren posted:

Samurai Warriors Collab is coming and gat dang I finally have a Ninja glamor.

:toot: Are there more costumes coming, because Dynasty/Samurai has some pretty pimping outfits.

Also :gizz: for a FF Musou game.

EDIT: It would be pretty lulzy if they make the shield glamour baby Anju.

SirPhoebos fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Nov 4, 2015

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Anderron Shi posted:

Man, I really wish I could just cart my fc, our house, our workshop, airship, etc. from Goblin to Excalibur. Not looking forward to finding a static or even pugs for high-end content I have coming up when I hit level 60 tonight.

We have a ton of people on excal and there are almost always people looking for subs or permanent members. See earlier post in the last page or so of team full of owls looking for two new members. Also all three goon FCs have four capped airships.

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
Sorry but I think you're wrong. I've invested 60m+ into my airships, ALONE, and over 10m in housing glam, ALONE. I spam dungeons for gear to accumulate 50-100 cerulean tanks a day, paid for own house, and worked with family to build my freecompany. Some butthurt person in the future, has no rights to any of that, regardless of how much they don't like my thought process, or what I say.

This mentality right here is what keeps me from inviting anyone to my FC. I'm sitting at 8 people, 4/5 active, and I'll likely forever keep it this way knowing people like this are out there.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Technogeek posted:

Sorry but I think you're wrong. I've invested 60m+ into my airships, ALONE, and over 10m in housing glam, ALONE. I spam dungeons for gear to accumulate 50-100 cerulean tanks a day, paid for own house, and worked with family to build my freecompany. Some butthurt person in the future, has no rights to any of that, regardless of how much they don't like my thought process, or what I say.

This mentality right here is what keeps me from inviting anyone to my FC. I'm sitting at 8 people, 4/5 active, and I'll likely forever keep it this way knowing people like this are out there.

Oh man, I wanna see what the sperg was responding to, but I know it won't be as awesome as I'm imagining.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

IcePhoenix posted:

The last fight was awesome and the music was amazing.

In addition to what Mr. Nice! said, if you can get up to i170 relatively quickly, try to run Alexander and get a few i190 drops. It's best if you can run with friends, but I've been having success with it in duty finder too. My main class is a mix of Alex and Eso gear (weapon, chest, legs and 1 ring are Eso, rest is Alex gear).

Speaking of Alex, I ran A1 last night, and the 2nd tank couldn't figure out how to grab Oppressor 0.5. Either he didn't have provoke (or didn't use it), or thought his enmity combo would be enough to work. The 2 oppressors stuck together for a good minute and we all died. The main tank thinks this guy is new and says "hey do you need help with this fight? It's okay if you're new" and the 2nd tank says "I know what I'm doing, rear end." No, no you don't :downs: Someone tried to votekick him, but the vote failed because the main tank convinced everyone he was new (he wasn't, there was no newbie bonus). We attempted the second time, he didn't use provoke again, but finally got his enmity combo to the top of the hate list and slowly pulled him to the other side.

It was a nice example of a tank too nice and a big rear end in a top hat tank.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
In that case, why not swap tanks? Put the guy that doesn't have provoke as the MT so the good tank can grab the .5

• Locked thread