Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gasbraai
Oct 25, 2010

Lictor my Dictor

They don't have a breaking wheel or rack at my crap commercial gym :(

I'm missing out on so many height gains.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sixth and maimed
Mar 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

Skim Milk posted:

Only back squats and bench presses can't be done from the floor (unless you're doing some weird poo poo I guess).

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

If you find yourself asking the question, "Should I take steroids? Will steroids make my life better?" then you already know the answer. It's yes.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
if ur over 30 go hogwild on roids

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

Zzulu posted:

if ur over 30 go hogwild on roids
In this economy?!

El Duderino
Mar 28, 2003

If you're not into that whole brevity thing..
I got some special pain cream off Amazon because I'm loving OLD (30) and have aches/pains from shoulder and lower back injuries from years ago. Tiger Balm is cool and all, but I wanted something with capsaisin for some heat. Package arrived and I load my shoulders and back up with a small amount. 30 minutes goes by and I can't feel poo poo, the gently caress...? Put a generous amount on, and after a while I sort of notice a warming sensation, but really that's it?!

Hour later I head for the gym and boy howdy, when I started sweating, it became apparent real fast that the stuff was now working. Working well. Feeling the heat good now! Oh gently caress still getting hotter... Starting to get worried now my shoulders are on loving fire! Ok time to go to the bathroom to try and wipe this poo poo off now.

So yeah, the initial burst of heat was amazing, but I think since I reapplied a big rear end glob because the first application wasn't working really did me in. Going to try it again tonight before I go to the gym, but I'll be using just a small amount...

Oh and I also love putting tiger balm on my aches after a shower and walking around sans clothes for that icy chill sensation

Getting old rocks! Anyone else got any tips they like besides HGH + sucking it up pussy?

Edit: I know that FogHelmut is an old fucker

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

I'll be 32 in a month or so, so I'm pretty much old as poo poo. Half of my workout is warm ups, which is cool because I get to sweat all over everything. It's not like you just run in there and bust out a max set of max weight and go to TGI Fridays afterwards without showering for the endless apps boneless wings to max protein the rest of your day.

You have to sweat before your warm enough to do things that really make you sweat. And look at these young guys grunting through their bad form, elbows wide on that bench. No thanks, I'm just gonna go focus on my form, get that volume in, sweat some more. Thermogenics.

Then your morning is based around your hip flexors because of that anterior pelvic tilt. Check out my third world squat, I'm gonna let go of the door frame and do it on my own

*falls on rear end*
*misses two weeks due to rear end injury*
*body goes into full atrophy, loses 33% on all maxes and 100% of endurance*

At least at this point you really don't get upset about the guy doing reverse hip thrusts on the preacher curl bench because you know 30 different exercises for each muscle group and you just go do something else that you think is obscure enough but nope someone asks you if they can work in, and its always that weird guy supersetting everything.

FogHelmut fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Oct 30, 2015

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
lol if you dont completely cover your bowl of cottage cheese with freshly cracked black pepper

sometimes i like to do a final set of bench presses at 125 and go until failure. iirc i did 20 reps last time. felt good.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

dad bod is out
gym teacher bod is in

calisthenics all day
salt tabs and smelling salts

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
i grow my own steroids

locally produced steroids are the best

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

Some loooooong loving posts in the swole thread that I won't be reading

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

C is for the cantankerous condition of our character, you have no cut-out.
Grimey Drawer
I think I sold a dude at the gym on getting some liquid hand chalk, we were chatting this morning and I was shrugging with it.

I really like it, check it out if you get a chance. Inexpensive, works well.

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

Did you jerk him off with it

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

C is for the cantankerous condition of our character, you have no cut-out.
Grimey Drawer
Straight up degloved his dick, he was impressed and said he'd check it out as soon as the bleeding stopped.

METATERREN
Jul 3, 2015

I enjoy putting things in my mouth.
Actually I'm going to go into detail

I have this issue with my left trap

So, sometimes I end up hunched to the left -- like -- at the point of my neck. So I felt my trap and there is a relatively big knot there in the muscle. The knot isn't so big that you can see it or anything just looking at me.

For one, it looks stupid as poo poo when I end up becoming a bit hunched at the neck, I suppose due to tightness, and for a second thing, it seems to become injured easily.

I was doing some overhead presses. And I'm working up my weight after a long time without properly exercising. For example my squat grew from 100 lb to 200 lbs on my working set. So my body is still willing to adapt and grow, and I was feeding myself properly.

So I'm doing my overhead press and it is not even a truly challenging weight. Its still an introductory weight, like when my squat had grown from 100 to 150lb, and things were sort of challenging but not really.

And I did my overhead presses at my incremental weight and its like... I could feel there wasn't something quite right at that knot in my left trap.

So I didn't even do my last set. And whatever right. But then for the next week, there is rando pain in the left trap at that knot. The knot is pretty far down toward where my trap is becoming parallel with the shoulder being horizontal to the ground btw.

So this all boils down to.. What can I do to solve this knot? I've tried vigorous massage with my hand, and nothing has improved. I've also tried getting really drunk and massaging it, in order to relieve myself of the pain from the squeezing and rolling on the knot.

I don't have health insurance or any cash to spend on therapist visits. I could find a strong masseuse and afford one or two massage sessions if I had evidence that a knot like this could be rubbed out.

I'm sure it isn't a cyst or w/e. Its a knot or scar tissue. So if there is a legit suggestion to get a SERIOUS (and likely highly painful) rubbing on this thing, and that may actually cure it. I'll arrange it somehow.

So, how do I get rid of this killer knot? I think I've had it for a few years. I remember waking up about 5-7 years ago after sleeping in a weird way, and I had this incredible pain there. It was intolerably painful to have my head positioned anyway except for facing to the left for about three days. Help me goons!

METATERREN fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Nov 1, 2015

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

- Date a masseuse
- Do some bizarre inverted foam rolling
- Stand with super heavy dumbbells in each hand and let it pull everything back into alignment
- Take drugs
- Examine your posture, or if youre sitting all day for work your chair/desk arrangement could be hosed up

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

What the gently caress shut up swole thread

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Tiny Lowtax posted:

What the gently caress shut up swole thread

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Claeaus
Mar 29, 2010
Related: http://www.clickhole.com/video/amazing-boy-saw-heaven-during-his-near-death-exper-830

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

if I start buying organic foods, will that deny me crucial residual cow steroids?

Tawd
Oct 24, 2010
Is there a goon-approved doctrine for stretching and flexibility (aside from the inevitable attempts at autofellatio) in the same way that Starting Strength has become the standard text for goons that got bullied at school?

I'd like to take my insufferable judgement of others to another level, beyond that of even the first-week Starting Strengh trainee, silently criticising their blatantly incorrect stretching in comparison to my own glorious (autofellatio) technique. :feelsgood:

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
I read some studies that found stretching either didn't really do anything to prevent injury or, in cases where people went from stretching to not stretching (and the other way around), led to increased injury rates, so my stretching regime is to not do it. More time for lifting. Trying to s your own d should be more than enough for flexibility improvements

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
I had some good squats today.

I have some good squats every day.

SpeedyCow
Oct 8, 2001

I luv the itty bitty Phillies!

Tawd posted:

Is there a goon-approved doctrine for stretching and flexibility (aside from the inevitable attempts at autofellatio) in the same way that Starting Strength has become the standard text for goons that got bullied at school?

I'd like to take my insufferable judgement of others to another level, beyond that of even the first-week Starting Strengh trainee, silently criticising their blatantly incorrect stretching in comparison to my own glorious (autofellatio) technique. :feelsgood:

Agile 8 though i only do 4 of the things on it

Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

Focus your Orochi.
If you dont stretch you're probably retarded as hell or weak as gently caress

possibly both

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

I stretch my dick for max swole

Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

Focus your Orochi.
Fuckin big pisshole man.... never been seen before....

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
i stretch every day because it feels good and is enjoyable. also it doesnt effect my lifting or whatever why do people think this

Tawd
Oct 24, 2010

FogHelmut posted:

I stretch my dick for max swole

Yeah no problems there, just have to correct the massive imbalances in the rest of my body

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you
Upped my squat yesterday to 95kg (about 209lb) for 5x5, so I'm quite happy :shobon:

Also I've noticed that as the weight gets heavier, it's definitely hitting my abs more. This morning they hurt almost as much as my legs do.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

Pesmerga posted:

Upped my squat yesterday to 95kg (about 209lb) for 5x5, so I'm quite happy :shobon:

Also I've noticed that as the weight gets heavier, it's definitely hitting my abs more. This morning they hurt almost as much as my legs do.

Great job! Every increase is worth mentioning.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Gonna increase calories

Jabronie
Jun 4, 2011

In an investigation, details matter.
cool, going to bend space and time

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I can't stop farting. I think this means my bulk is going well.

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

Jabronie posted:

cool, going to bend space and time

Personal gravity well gains

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

soy posted:

I can't stop farting. I think this means my bulk is going well.

same but cutting

also i seem to have perpetual doms in my glutes.

coincidence?

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END
I squatted 335 lbs 4x6 yesterday, in case anyone wants to gently caress

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

I squatted 335 lbs 4x6 yesterday, in case anyone wants to gently caress

You were nice about my incremental gains story so I'm down :3:

Adbot