Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
Oh but Gohan is actually never funny.

And his voice sucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

sharktamer posted:

Oh but Gohan is actually never funny.

And his voice sucks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6pEkqBSYac&t=11s

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

sharktamer posted:

The Goku in DBZA is pretty much never funny.

Actually he's the consistently most funny character??

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Ruggington posted:

dub of the north star was too good for this hosed up world

It's a loving crime, because it was better than literally every other dumb abridged thing except Code Ment

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Farecoal posted:

It's almost like humor is subjective or something?

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

SpazmasterX posted:

It's almost like humor is subjective or something?

:confused:

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

My favorite TFS character is Trunks, or if you prefer to use his full name, Toran Kasu.

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

I have noticed that they seem to have started to give Goku a bit more of a brain as of late, which makes sense because this is honestly the part of DBZ where he on screen the most... and the 'lol monkey cheese muffin' jokes would get old fast.

That and personally, I can only take his voice in smaller doses.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
It's also one of the points in the series where he's the most on top of things. He knows they can't win and offers solutions from where to train, to how to properly train, to who actually has the power to defeat Cell.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Bad time to build up his brain when the ending result is him giving a senzu bean to Cell

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!

Tae posted:

Bad time to build up his brain when the ending result is him giving a senzu bean to Cell

Alternatively, perfect time. He almost manages to make it to the end of the season without doing something completely dumb.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Maybe Cell bonks him on the head hard enough for him to relapse.

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:

Farecoal posted:

I love the horse-based motivational speech he gives to Vegeta.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
The problem with playing up the Goku and Vegeta rivalry in Super for me is that I know Goku will come out on top.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
That is what makes it great, Vegeta getting owned is always great.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

CharlestheHammer posted:

Disagree. Vegeta getting his occasional shine spot where he decides to put his family first and be a cool guy is better.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Vegeta getting owned is only good when it's followed up with him being the best which is why everyone in the theater went nuts when he finally started doing stuff in RoF.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

CharlestheHammer posted:

Vegeta getting owned (if by owned you mean "really bad things happening to him") was only good when he was evil; once he crossed the line to "totally a good guy" (when he sacrifices himself against Buu), it kind of loses its appeal since Vegeta generally means well past that point and would never do anything really bad.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

projecthalaxy posted:

Disagree. Vegeta getting his occasional shine spot where he decides to put his family first and be a cool guy is better.

Why can't he do both?

Ytlaya posted:

Vegeta getting owned (if by owned you mean "really bad things happening to him") was only good when he was evil; once he crossed the line to "totally a good guy" (when he sacrifices himself against Buu), it kind of loses its appeal since Vegeta generally means well past that point and would never do anything really bad.

Nah his arrogance is still there and him getting his poo poo wrecked for it owns.

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
It would be very real if Vegeta goes from looking down on humans and namekians and stuff to having a Kilpling-esque paternalistic racist feeling towards humans

The great saiyaman's burden

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
But, as BOG implies, vegeta knows fuckall about saiyan culture (makes sense, he was a child when all saiyans died) so he probably has very little to teach humans beyond "obey your prince"

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

I want Vegeta to get an office job at Capsule Corp. Wear a tie. Misinterprete business terminology. Kick the big Jenkins account out the window because he feels it is a threat to his family.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

projecthalaxy posted:

I want Vegeta to get an office job at Capsule Corp. Wear a tie. Misinterprete business terminology. Kick the big Jenkins account out the window because he feels it is a threat to his family.

Bulma isn't stupid enough to let Vegeta have a job.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

What's up with Goku's "job"?

Does he just grow random crops and use that to feed his family? Or is he working for a farm? Or maybe he sells his crops?

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

Kazy posted:

What's up with Goku's "job"?

Does he just grow random crops and use that to feed his family? Or is he working for a farm? Or maybe he sells his crops?

I think he just takes odd jobs, and since they live in a rural area it's all farm jobs? I don't know, I've only the first episode of Super.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Considering Goku's love of meat, he's selling those raddishes.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Farecoal posted:

I think he just takes odd jobs, and since they live in a rural area it's all farm jobs? I don't know, I've only the first episode of Super.

He's been working the same farmzone for like 6 months. Its battered and destroyed and full of holes.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I can't help but feel like there would be a ton of high paying jobs for demigods with the ability to lift almost any weight and move blindingly fast. At the very least, they could run some super-premium delivery service.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Ytlaya posted:

I can't help but feel like there would be a ton of high paying jobs for demigods with the ability to lift almost any weight and move blindingly fast. At the very least, they could run some super-premium delivery service.

IIRC, the Z-Fighters try to keep the fact that their punches can literally destroy the universe a secret.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I wanna know how Chichi spent all their Hercule Funbucks so fast.

Zonekeeper
Oct 27, 2007

Rodyle posted:

Think about how much Goku eats. It's a wonder there's any wildlife left in the area surrounding their home. Keep in mind that her father was a goddamned king and she managed to bankrupt him despite having generations of wealth available.

Covok
May 27, 2013

The sayians long term plan for clearing life on Earth wasn't having Goku murder them all, just to eat their entire ecosystem and have them starve. It's all a long con.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Zonekeeper posted:

Think about how much Goku eats. It's a wonder there's any wildlife left in the area surrounding their home. Keep in mind that her father was a goddamned king and she managed to bankrupt him despite having generations of wealth available.

Wasn't most of the destroyed by Roshi?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Aurora posted:

yes

Rodyle posted:

"Baby stuff and things for Videl"

She literally spent a billion dollars on baby stuff and then cries for Goku to get a job.

Zonekeeper
Oct 27, 2007

Aurora posted:

:doh: You're right, but he's still a head of state and should have a high income due to taxes. Even without his family heirlooms he was still rich enough to support them for 20+ years despite Goku's appetite. (Not to mention the kids.)

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

Covok posted:

IIRC, the Z-Fighters try to keep the fact that their punches can literally destroy the universe a secret.

They're really bad at that, then.

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Ask me about being a racist piece of shit with a racist gimmick
*personally knows the richest woman in the world* *is in-law to the worlds most popular hero* *is the daughter of a king* *somehow has money troubles*

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Its probably mostly lies she tells so Goku can become a productive member of society and live with them instead of loving off to space for training at months at a time and visiting whenever he feels like eating her food.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Zonekeeper posted:

:doh: You're right, but he's still a head of state and should have a high income due to taxes. Even without his family heirlooms he was still rich enough to support them for 20+ years despite Goku's appetite. (Not to mention the kids.)

Still a good investment no matter how you cut it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Ryaomon posted:

*personally knows the richest woman in the world* *is in-law to the worlds most popular hero* *is the daughter of a king* *somehow has money troubles*

Same

• Locked thread