Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
strong bird
May 12, 2009

Buff Butler posted:

Huh, TIL that androids just have a higher tolerance for skeletons, trash, and rubble in their homes.

Thyey can probably program themselves to ignore it to save power and GPU cycles so their brain doesnt have to render it. Explains where the shadows went, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemon
May 22, 2003

Farm Frenzy posted:

stop settling for mediocrity in your AAA gigantic budget games

Like I said, saying that it looks mediocre is a criticism. You don't need to gild the lily.

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe
im glad 200 more years of lack of cleanup and lack of technological advancement have happened so people still livei n houses with holes in the walls and skeletons on the beds.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I'm the truest scotsman around.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Republicans posted:

What are usually the first mods to become available for Bethesda games when they are released? I think for Skyrim I remember a popular early "mod" was a .bat file you opened in the console to give you one of every enchanted item to disenchant.

I believe the creation kit isn't scheduled until January. If it follows the same path as Skyrim, then people will make model replacement mods at first, or really simple stuff like removing the CHACHING experience sound file from the game. The first mods with the actual kit tend to be jerk-off stuff, importing weapon and armor models from other games, and alternate start mods - essentially stuff you can do with almost no effort. It's not until someone develops a script extender that you start seeing complete overhauls of UI / perks / game balance, typically

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

why we gotta tone police peoples shitposts

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Under the vegetable posted:

im glad 200 more years of lack of cleanup and lack of technological advancement have happened so people still livei n houses with holes in the walls and skeletons on the beds.

If there wasnt garbage anywhere then the people in this thread would complain about not there not being enough garbage to collect

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

this game looks like poo poo. i've avoided press for it because bethesda games dont interest me but i finally saw some and lol at what they're trying to pass off as next gen rpg gaming

yeah its laughable that they'd even think this compares to Witcher 3, it looks like garbage compared to current gen stuff let alone whatever next gen is supposed to be

Hashtag GBS
May 10, 2015

by Lowtax

strong bird posted:

If there wasnt garbage anywhere then the people in this thread would complain about not there not being enough garbage to collect

This is the type of thing you see in any community that gets way, way too emotionally invested in any sort of hobby or pastime to the point of obsession

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe
HATE NEWSPAPERS.

Xeremides
Feb 21, 2011

There Diomedes aimed and stabbed, he gouged him down
his glistening flesh and wrenched the spear back out
and the brazen god of war let loose a shriek, roaring,
thundering loud as nine, ten thousand combat soldiers
shriek with Ares' fury when massive armies clash.

Lemon posted:

Like I said, saying that it looks mediocre is a criticism. You don't need to gild the lily.

Please, don't say mediocre. I don't approve of that word. The following is a list of words I've approved to describe the graphics, and your subjective opinion doesn't matter so stick to the list: poo poo, trash, "like it has down syndrome". Don't make me police your use of words again.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

strong bird posted:

help i can't hoard individual cigarette butts and dust atoms, my immersion is ruined

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

strong bird posted:

I'm fine picking up 200 tin cans but at least get the dead mummified bodies out of your squatting hovel.

Buff Butler
Mar 11, 2008

gamer death money

HATE NEWSPAPERS.

*in the most ghostly whisper*

SUPPORT NEWS

The Droid
Jun 11, 2012

King Vidiot posted:

I'm fine picking up 200 tin cans but at least get the dead mummified bodies out of your squatting hovel.

Welcome to the resistance *sits in the lap of a 200 years dead officeworker's skeleton and gets to work at terminal*

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe

King Vidiot posted:

hi, i'm an established medical doctor or other post-collapse professional. i collect books that are burnt, unreadable, and crumbling into dust from 300 years ago.

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Fallout 4 is already one of this generation’s greatest achievements, and it’s high-time everybody got on the same page recognizing that.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Lemon posted:

It just seems a little silly to say that it looks terrible or like poo poo, when in fact it just looks fairly mediocre. That in itself is a valid criticism, you don't need to overstate it.

It does look like poo poo, even by the standards from like 8 years ago.

Xeremides
Feb 21, 2011

Borsche69 posted:

I'd even go so far as to say it's the worst looking game called Fallout 4 ever made. Which is to say it looks mildly bad, because I don't want to overstate my opinion or anything.

The Droid
Jun 11, 2012

It looks like Fallout 3/NV with ENB mods and a few lighting/texture tweaks.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

The Droid posted:

It looks like Fallout 3/NV with ENB mods and a few lighting/texture tweaks.

Yeah.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Why the gently caress would you throw away a free skeleton

A Curvy Goonette
Jul 3, 2007

"Anyone who enjoys MWO is a shitty player. You have to hate it in order to be pro like me."

I'm actually just very good at curb stomping randoms on a team. :ssh:
Look guys, as a veteran NMA poster I personally can't wait for the newest iteration of Fallout. I feel like Bethesda really understands the atmosphere and aesthetic that made the first two games so wildly successful. I won't abide these trolls and shitposters trying to ruin this game, its a shame what Games has come to.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Xeremides posted:

I'd even go so far as to say it's the worst looking game called Fallout 4 ever made. Which is to say it looks mildly bad, because I don't want to overstate my opinion or anything.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04AMvsyL770

Scoops
Nov 22, 2005

Can you kill children in fallout 4?

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Scoops posted:

Can you kill children in fallout 4?

Or... COOK them???

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Borsche69 posted:

:lol:

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe
I hope this is the game that finally reveals the Big Lie that Bethesda are competent developers.

Xeremides
Feb 21, 2011

That last game has higher resolution brick walls than Fallout 4. That's amazing.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Do you know how to count?

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Borsche69 posted:

DRUNK MATH IS BAD

A Curvy Goonette
Jul 3, 2007

"Anyone who enjoys MWO is a shitty player. You have to hate it in order to be pro like me."

I'm actually just very good at curb stomping randoms on a team. :ssh:

Are you the annoying idiot who would constantly interject with a nasally "WELL ACTUALLY" whenever someone used hyperbole for comedic affect?

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Danaru posted:

Why the gently caress would you throw away a free skeleton

this is a pretty good point but even though I really liked FO3 and NV, it did always bother me that even the nice places looked like poo poo. Like in 200 years nobody ever once decided that maybe they could scavenge some plaster and patch the gaping holes in their walls

Xeremides
Feb 21, 2011

Borsche69 posted:

He thinks it's 2011. The accident changed everything.

Phil Tenderpuss
Jun 11, 2012

Where'd you find these new leaked screenshots of Fallout 4?!?

The Droid
Jun 11, 2012

I hope this is the game that finally reveals the Big Lie that Bethesda are competent developers.

It will instead reveal the depths of the lowest common denominator's depravity as they stand up and shout the Coca-Cola slogan to make their character ingame drink a Nuka-Cola (ice cold). People who admit to not understanding or enjoying RPGS/good stories will laugh at the memes and revolutionary war refs, and some random NPC line will come to surpass "arrow to the knee"

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Phil Tenderpuss
Jun 11, 2012
And lightsabers? In Fallout? Sweet mother of gusta. Preorders ahoy, goonsirs!

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat

A Curvy Goonette posted:

Are you the annoying idiot who would constantly interject with a nasally "WELL ACTUALLY" whenever someone used hyperbole for comedic affect?

You clown!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xeremides
Feb 21, 2011

In all seriousness, is that supposed to be a weird doll they have in there because of a recent miscarriage or is that actually what their baby looks like?

• Locked thread