Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

scorpiobean posted:

I think this was asked before but I'm not sure if it was answered. How are people attacking the 5x4 technical endless dungeons? Row based teams are probably gonna be better I guess. I suppose DMeta or AAmmy teams may work also?

Edit: perhaps Goemon

Apparently, YomiDra, which is one reason I want him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

I did 5x4 endless with Verdandi, don't know how the gently caress you're supposed to do True Endless but I heard Scarlet System can do it. Who the gently caress knows about 5x4 EEC.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
Had some Google bucks and bought two rolls. Is Kanna good?

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

I completely forgot that today has a chance at me rolling an Ame, so I gave the REM a courtesy roll:

Verdandi #3

I'm not sure whether to be happy or annoyed.

signalnoise posted:

She is very good. She has triple prongs and a god/dragon 2x boost active for when you need to deal absurd amounts of damage.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

signalnoise posted:

yes

Xenochrist
Sep 11, 2006

tfw you calculate your stam and decide to run a coin dungeon that padx says gives at minimum 14000 exp, with 13500 exp needed to level, and the dungeon instead gives you 13200 exp... :shrek:

Also def going to run the FF collab a bunch with that nice exp ratio and a higher (or non-zero) chance for +'s. The dungeon looks pretty straight forward, no big gimmicks from what I can tell.

Artic Puma
Jun 22, 2007

Chef Curry with the pot, boy!
Is Wadatsumi used as a material for something? Padx doesn't show the "material for" box for it but it is listed in their descended loot series and everything else in descended carnival is a material.

homebrand
Oct 1, 2011
I downloaded this thing and don't even know how to puzzle but I got Kali what do?

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

homebrand posted:

I downloaded this thing and don't even know how to puzzle but I got Kali what do?

learn how to puzzle

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Isn't Neo Ex Death like seven waifus in-one? Certainly the best waifu/cost coefficient in the game.

Plorkyeran
Mar 22, 2007

To Escape The Shackles Of The Old Forums, We Must Reject The Tribal Negativity He Endorsed

Artic Puma posted:

Is Wadatsumi used as a material for something? Padx doesn't show the "material for" box for it but it is listed in their descended loot series and everything else in descended carnival is a material.
Not yet.

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*

Artic Puma posted:

Hold on to him, there are still a crap ton of things that need Awoken forms, he'll get used at some point.

cryptoclastic
Jul 3, 2003

The Jesus

Mischalaniouse posted:

Hold on to him, there are still a crap ton of things that need Awoken forms, he'll get used at some point.

Like this. I save one of pretty much every descended boss, sometimes two. I have two Tengus in my box from random descended challenges and whatnot. Rolled a Susano, surprise, I need one!

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

I'm realizing I forgot to post my friend ID. :v:
Set, 309,798,300.

everythingWasBees fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Nov 4, 2015

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

I didn't plan on running the FF collab at first, but after seeing the low team cost on the monsters that drop from there and realizing that their dupes can both skill up and awaken them, along with those weapon drops that have pretty good feed XP I was like :stare:

Valicious
Aug 16, 2010

biopanda posted:

My roommate just started a couple days ago and rolled a Shiva, Here's her PADHerder https://www.padherder.com/user/ValSA/monsters

She's cleared up through Castle of Satan, and she's looking for a bit of direction. She's not exactly a puzzling wizard (she can't use her fingers, so she uses her nose), so she can't do any crazy comboteam tomfoolery. Any tips to help her spiraling addiction?

This is biopanda's roommate. I reactivated my account just to post this.

Came for Demon Masks, left with Naga as well. It was my second time ever running that dungeon too.

I'm installing DuOS on my Surface tablet, and I'll try using a stylus on there. I'd have to hold a stylus in my mouth, and my worry is I wouldn't be able to move around the screen due to being further away and the larger size. (My vision is around 20/200, so you can imagine reading numbers on my 4S)
My team right now is Shiva, Titan, Red Pirate, Blazing Cyber Dragon, and Firedragon Turannos. I did get a flame golem, so the golem along with naga makes me really unsure what to do with my team. Any suggestions?

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012
Can any of my teams run Thursday Mythical? I'm thinking I should farm up some green dragon fruits for Verd skill ups. https://www.padherder.com/user/koldpt/teams/#159268

Xenochrist
Sep 11, 2006

KoldPT posted:

Can any of my teams run Thursday Mythical? I'm thinking I should farm up some green dragon fruits for Verd skill ups. https://www.padherder.com/user/koldpt/teams/#159268

lu bu//echidna//perseph//vamp//[dragon or promethus]//ronia is ez mode
1 - do any attack to kill the cheaper dudes, kill the fruit in 3 turns
2 - mass attack or stall
3 - echidna, stall until lu bu and ronia are up, then perseph or vamp or whatever, mass attack or rows to clear
4 - ronia and lu bu and rows and dead

Vasler
Feb 17, 2004
Greetings Earthling! Do you have any Zoom Boots?
I put 5 latent TEs on my bastet and it is *amazing*. Makes a huge difference - much more than I thought it would.

If anyone wants a omnimax bastet (5 latent time extensions, +297, max skill) friend add me: 347,737,320. I also run hypermax urd, hypermax ronia, and +297 sl 3 Beelzebub.

Also I just made Awoken Isis and she's an incredible replacement for Earth Dragon Knight on my Bastet team despite IRC making fun of me for it. My only other green bind clearer was Earth Dragon Knight. My team is now Awoken Bastet/Awoken Meimei/Awoken Meimei/Liu Bei/Awoken Isis.

Works really well!

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Valicious posted:

I'm installing DuOS on my Surface tablet, and I'll try using a stylus on there. I'd have to hold a stylus in my mouth, and my worry is I wouldn't be able to move around the screen due to being further away and the larger size. (My vision is around 20/200, so you can imagine reading numbers on my 4S)
My team right now is Shiva, Titan, Red Pirate, Blazing Cyber Dragon, and Firedragon Turannos. I did get a flame golem, so the golem along with naga makes me really unsure what to do with my team. Any suggestions?

Flame Golem is meh, stick the Naga in there she'll be way better. Menace is just too good a skill to pass up. I'd switch the Red Pirate out personally.

I'm more impressed you're playing with your face, I can't imagine not being able to look at the board while I'm moving an orb around.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
Theres a guy who plays competitive street fighter with his face (the vids of him playing are pretty awesome actually) so i'd imagine PAD is doable as well. Still it's pretty cool. Only a decade or two until we play all games with brainwave detecting controllers though.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Zo posted:

Theres a guy who plays competitive street fighter with his face (the vids of him playing are pretty awesome actually) so i'd imagine PAD is doable as well. Still it's pretty cool. Only a decade or two until we play all games with brainwave detecting controllers though.

Cannot wait until you have to have an epileptic fit in order to mash out a grapple in MvC 7

Edit: Courtesy roll in the US REM machine: Hanzo! Finally, after more than a year of having 20 hamahimes stashed away for him. Max skilled the sucker immediately.

maou shoujo
Apr 12, 2014

ニンゲンの表裏一体
Does anyone here want a starter account? I made one a month ago to goof around with, but I don't have the time/willpower to play another account for real. The account is rank 52 (was 35 until the fat tama tonight), and has cleared through Castle of Satan. Comes with Leilan, Kagu, U&Y, Akechi Mitsuhide, plus some miscellaneous stuff, and the best friend unused.

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

PaleBlueDot posted:

I'm really liking A. Shiva. After running Bastet a lot, he's really easy to activate, and what damage. I haven't even gotten my Nim in team shape yet :stare:

AShiva has spoiled me for everything.

My team is "garbage" compared to his optimal team. I have Cao Cao but the rest of the team is Ult Ronia/Ronia/Attackerasu. The Ronias aren't even mac skilled but Attackerasu is almost there. It's been a huge jump for my alt.

SaffronKit posted:

I completely forgot that today has a chance at me rolling an Ame, so I gave the REM a courtesy roll:

Verdandi #3

I'm not sure whether to be happy or annoyed.

#3 was "meh". #4 was "Seriously!?!"

Valicious posted:

Came for Demon Masks, left with Naga as well. It was my second time ever running that dungeon too.

Golem is kind of meh. He turns into a beastly pile of HP but so does Gigas. The shield might come in handy situationally. I'd level him after the rest of your team. Feed him off color Keepers for skill ups. His ult needs 3 Gold Keepers, if the Pal Egg Machine gives you a bunch of those you might evo him. The choice would probably be him or Naga, depending on the dungeon. Naga is generally better.

Naga is good. A skilled up Naga is better. This way lies pain, be prepared.

Firedragon is cheap team cost wise and can be a better leader than Shiva, depending on when you get the Devilits from the Pal Egg Machine to make R/D Shiva. His fire enhance active is a little bonus.

Red Pirate is a skill up monster so he has a really good skill but really crappy stats. I'd probably ditch him first too.

The red Cyber Dragon is solid. His current downside is lack of skill ups. That's not a huge deal early on.

I was thinking that a stylus in your mouth might give you better maneuverability than using your nose in the long run. I was picturing a smaller device and it wasn't clear why your nose was a better choice from your roommate's post. Give the stylus a shot and see what works. I'm guessing you give the board a good study, plan out your move and then go.

Awoken Shiva wants to hit at least 4 combos to do a bunch of damage, 6 combos is preferable. Hitting 3 doesn't really cut it. The good part is color doesn't matter, so you can match 4 red then make combos from the rest. R/D Shiva likes rows, where you match 6 across the board to do a bunch of damage. There are a lot of red subs that have rows and prongs, so you could use them with R/D or Awoken Shiva.

If you want, add me if either of these sound useful. My main is 304,382,267. I try to keep Awoken Minerva up in one of my slots. She's 2.5x ATK for red and half damage from L/D monsters. I refresh pretty often and in game messages are cool. My alt is 323,392,257. I try to keep an Awoken Shiva up in one of my slots but I don't refresh nearly as often since I only play a couple of times a day. I buy lots of friend slots for goons and won't delete you unless it's been 2+ weeks since you last logged in and I need the space. You won't hurt my feelings if you end up deleting me.

Haskell9
Sep 23, 2008

post it live
The Great Twist

trucutru posted:

Edit: Courtesy roll in the US REM machine: Hanzo! Finally, after more than a year of having 20 hamahimes stashed away for him. Max skilled the sucker immediately.

DItto, got Satsuki. gently caress it rolled again and got dupe byakko. Last godfest this happened:

I have max-skilled hanzo, dino, lilith, DJ, bad Luci, every batman, etc. I think I know which team PAD wants me to build once shivadra's core is hypermaxxed.

Athray
Jul 2, 2010
Anyone skilling a moderately plussed Spookali/Hkali tomorrow? I need one to pair with my lkali to do Zeus Vulcan. LOL VOLCANO DRAGON FIRE ABSORB.

rotaryfun
Jun 30, 2008

you can be my wingman anytime
nvm

rotaryfun fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Nov 4, 2015

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

GoodBee posted:

#3 was "meh". #4 was "Seriously!?!"

After my 3rd Liu Bei I just started selling them off, feeling bad knowing some goons out there who really wanted them could never have them. Probably a dumb thing to do because a team of 4 Liu Bei + a great leader would be hilarious, but meh.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

SaffronKit posted:

After my 3rd Liu Bei I just started selling them off, feeling bad knowing some goons out there who really wanted them could never have them. Probably a dumb thing to do because a team of 4 Liu Bei + a great leader would be hilarious, but meh.

You mean the A.Sakuya/LiuBei team? Been there, done that.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

trucutru posted:

You mean the A.Sakuya/LiuBei team? Been there, done that.

That sounds kind of stupid and unwieldy. Did you manage to clear anything with it?

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

SaffronKit posted:

That sounds kind of stupid and unwieldy. Did you manage to clear anything with it?

Eh, just regular 99 dungeons and poo poo like that. It's a gimmick team (I also only have 2 liu beis and the other 2 are chibis)

Here is paprika with it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PMZHVbXKKs

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

trucutru posted:

Eh, just regular 99 dungeons and poo poo like that. It's a gimmick team (I also only have 2 liu beis and the other 2 are chibis)

Here is paprika with it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PMZHVbXKKs

I'll mark it down to unfamiliarity for calling it stupid and unwieldy, that actually looks like it synergizes really well. :stare:

I guess I know who Sakuya's husbando is in my head fiction now.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

GungHo posted:

*Py Surprise!*

In celebration of Puzzle & Dragons NA’s 3rd Anniversary, we will be offering three Py gift dungeons! It has been another great year with such a supporting community and we look forward to what’s ahead!

11/4 - 11/6 - 3rd Anniversary 1 - Tricolor
11/7 - 11/9 - 3rd Anniversary 2 - Tricolor
11/10 - 11/12 - 3rd Anniversary 3 - Tricolor

Don’t miss this chance to skill-up your monsters!

Well, that's pretty nice.

Vasler
Feb 17, 2004
Greetings Earthling! Do you have any Zoom Boots?
Anyone interested in a Best Friend triangle? I run an omnimax bastet (5 latent time extensions, +297, max skill). I also run hypermax urd, hypermax ronia, and +297 sl 3 Beelzebub.

I have a smattering of other leaders including awoken Minerva, Isis, Lakshmi, Orochi, Venus, and Meimei. I also have Pandora, Lkali and Dkali. Oh and awoken Anubis who will forever sit in my box, sad and neglected.

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*
Hmm, I really want Sun Wukong, Pandora, and Perseus, and Izangi, and U&Y would be nice, plus this Godfest excludes the Metas and Sonias which I don't need, but there are still a ton of GFEs that I could use.

Convince me not to whale on this Godfest.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Finally sat down and smashed True Endless with Bastet/Liu/GZL/DKali/Diza. I'm starting to think I should just start working on hypermaxing DKali instead of trying to build an actual on-color Bastet team.

Vasler posted:

Anyone interested in a Best Friend triangle? I run an omnimax bastet (5 latent time extensions, +297, max skill). I also run hypermax urd, hypermax ronia, and +297 sl 3 Beelzebub.

I can use another Bastet BFF, mine's just Hypermaxed though (only 1 latent time). I don't really run anything else seriously right now, just use Athena for faster farming of some stuff.

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

SaffronKit posted:

I'll mark it down to unfamiliarity for calling it stupid and unwieldy, that actually looks like it synergizes really well. :stare:

I guess I know who Sakuya's husbando is in my head fiction now.

It's Apollo and gently caress anyone who says otherwise.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
I really wish PAD would have in-game timers already because I missed Descend Carnival, the site listed the wrong time or something because it went from 3 hours to saying the day was over. :argh:

EDIT: So I took one last roll on the godfest hoping for a red odin and got the bird cybeast instead. Are these even any good or should I just sell it to go towards buying another Monster Point dragon?

Nuebot fucked around with this message at 06:26 on Nov 4, 2015

Ironsolid
Mar 1, 2005

Fishing isn't an addiction, it's a way of life. Everything to gain while losing everything

homebrand posted:

Congats! Now, I sincerely apologize for your upcoming learning curve!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

good jovi
Dec 11, 2000

'm pro-dickgirl, and I VOTE!

Managed multiple of every descended carnival drop except the Dark Xuanzang I actually wanted.

Cool.

• Locked thread