Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Doesn't work quite as well when all three of the protags are also white.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

StealthArcher posted:

Not all whites are mad whiteys.

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment

StealthArcher posted:

I just imagine they're Jewish, Polish, and some variant of light-skinned Arab American honestly. :ussr:

The mad whitey hates all workers equally, regardless of race.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

CommieGIR posted:

Uhhhh....lady.....we taxed the gently caress out of people then. Never 100% however. How do you tax someone 100%? Isn't that just slavery?

Basically yeah. Conservatives believe those are the drastic lengths America has to go to in order to realize Bernie's plans.
Funniest part about this is
A) the actual numbers are lower than they think they are
And
B) their inflated estimates wouldn't be hard to cover with any reasonable spending, let alone the absurd scenario in the meme.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Angry White Woman posted:

For LIKE-MINDED conservatives to commiserate, bitch and moan. Nobody cares about your opinion if it differs from ours. Trolls will be banned immediately.
These right wing meme sites always have the same "we're the adults in the room" attitude combined with "pee pee doo doo you're a jerkhead" and "no different opinions allowed!!"

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

:laffo::laffo::laffo:

Yeah, that's right! My descendants had to use things like the Green Book, avoid sundown towns, endure predatory usury, and get jailed and abused by a biased system for minor infractions because we confronted you face to face and realized that we were the lesser race and deserved it all.

By her logic segregation was completely ok because it was a law and therefore just. :fuckoff:, AWW.

Rick_Hunter fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Nov 3, 2015

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

Rick_Hunter posted:

:laffo::laffo::laffo:

Yeah, that's right! My descendants had to use things like the Green Book, avoid sundown towns, endure predatory usury, and get jailed and abused by a biased system for minor infractions because we confronted you face to face and realized that we were the lesser race and deserved it all.

By her logic segregation was completely ok because it was a law and therefore just. :fuckoff:, AWW.
One of the funnier things about that image (besides the obvious projection) is that the author's experience of hardship perpetrated by "liberals" appears to be cattiness in her bible study group. The macro doesn't apply to segregation or racial profiling because she has never experienced anything near that. Gossip and talking about her behind her back are her major concerns.

#ChurchGroupProblems

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

Knight posted:

One of the funnier things about that image (besides the obvious projection) is that the author's experience of hardship perpetrated by "liberals" appears to be cattiness in her bible study group. The macro doesn't apply to segregation or racial profiling because she has never experienced anything near that. Gossip and talking about her behind her back are her major concerns.

#ChurchGroupProblems

Can you phrase that in a way that AWW would respond? That sounds too coherent.

Hermetic
Sep 7, 2007

by exmarx

Knight posted:

#ChurchGroupProblems

The REAL oppression in America is having to sit next to Sister Bertha Better-than-you during Sunday services. :arghfist::saddowns:

Nyarai
Jul 19, 2012

Jenn here.
Hey, so I have a friend who seems to have run afoul of the the right-wing propaganda machine. He's a nice guy. Just very afraid. Could people help me debunk some of his other concerns? Thanks. :)

quote:

They've [the refugees?] started shooting people. Mr Soros is bankrolling dudes at the North coast of Africa and throughout the Middle East, handing out maps and tips to cheat the system in the European countries. Africans are being drawn by "Just claim you're a refugee and you can get away with -anything-" type poo poo in their own countries, who bleed out due to their populace migrating North. The only ones still fighting ISIL are Russia and the islamist groups in the area.

We live in a world where Hezbollah is safeguarding Israel, simply because the newer enemy is worse. Your country's government and secret service appear oddly quiet on this poo poo. In fact, I half-recall there being talk of "damaged US assets" when Putin blew out ISIS a while back.

Meanwhile, Sweden apparently stands to become a third-world-country by 2020, with known muslim activists, particularly of the female persuasion, fleeing from there on account of how Stockholm is worse than Mogadishu nowadays.

I managed to counter the point about 'Russia is the only one fighting ISIL now' thanks to this thread. That last line is straight from gatesofvienna.net, which smells like a right-wing conspiracy nutter blog, but I'm having a hard time proving that solidly.

Nyarai fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Nov 4, 2015

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Nyarai posted:

I managed to counter the point about 'Russia is the only one fighting ISIL now' thanks to this thread. That last line is straight from gatesofvienna.net, which smells like a right-wing conspiracy nutter blog, but I'm having a hard time proving that solidly.
The Gates of Vienna mark the furthest west that the Ottoman Empire got in Europe before being turned back by the Holy Roman Empire, so it's a safe bet that it's a "Europe is Christian, go home Mussulmen" blog just going by the name.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Nyarai posted:

Hey, so I have a friend who seems to have run afoul of the the right-wing propaganda machine. He's a nice guy. Just very afraid. Could people help me debunk some of his other concerns? Thanks. :)

To be honest I think he might be too far gone to help. Once people start spouting conspiracy theories about Soros et al I usually give up and put them on ignore.

If you want to keep fighting I'd try and get some info together on Stockholm, and how it's a modern and vibrant city mainly known for its lack of mortar attacks, mass killings, general barbarity etc. He'll probably claim that any mainstream media sources are biased, but a few Stockholm-based blogs might do something.

Neowyrm
Dec 23, 2011

It's not like I pack a lunch box full of missiles when I go to work!

Defenestration posted:

Real angry about black kids giving the finger.

I'm 100% certain that there are pictures of her giving the finger, they just didn't use them after her unjustified death.

wonder why that is

Nyarai
Jul 19, 2012

Jenn here.
Actually, all I had to tell him was what Guavanaut said about the Gates of Vienna. Suddenly, my argument that, "This is all poo poo from right-wing rags," became a lot more convincing. (He recognized the blog name. Guess he found the quote in the wild.)

Thanks, dudes.

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

By my hand, I will take you from this godforsaken internet

Hermetic posted:

Sister Bertha Better-than-you

I just want to say that I appreciate this post, and now I need to go listen to old Ray Stevens. :3:

e: did not realize he'd gone nutso :gop: with the rest of the post-9/11 crowd, I'm sad now.

TheKennedys fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Nov 4, 2015

Mellow Seas
Oct 9, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Saying that liberals will stand by and let refugees ruin Europe is one (bad) thing, but saying that SOROS is actively promoting it while cackling and rubbing his hands together, to the end of [????], is a whole other level. Glad you were able to talk him down before this poo poo really took hold, although I would be prepared to do something similar in the future if he's that credulous.

Hermetic
Sep 7, 2007

by exmarx

TheKennedys posted:

I just want to say that I appreciate this post, and now I need to go listen to old Ray Stevens. :3:

e: did not realize he'd gone nutso :gop: with the rest of the post-9/11 crowd, I'm sad now.

Glad to see someone enjoyed it! :3:

And, yeah, right after 9/11 he released a song called "Osama's Mama" that wasn't as awful as some of what was said in that time period, but was still pretty jingoistic. Not as out-of-the-blue as Dennis Miller going shitballs, but still disappointing.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Nyarai posted:

Actually, all I had to tell him was what Guavanaut said about the Gates of Vienna. Suddenly, my argument that, "This is all poo poo from right-wing rags," became a lot more convincing. (He recognized the blog name. Guess he found the quote in the wild.)

Thanks, dudes.

Ask him what makes him so willing to accept the narratives of these far right trash blogs that he goes source blind after reading them. You shouldn't stop the conversation with just refuting the talking point if you want to have an effect on him.

Clearly there is something going on in his head that is making him willing to take these things at face value that is likely unrelated to any of this stuff.

If that was all it took for him to spout Soros bullshit and then drop it, he hasn't got hooked on the kool-aid but something is making him want to taste.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Neowyrm posted:

I'm 100% certain that there are pictures of her giving the finger, they just didn't use them after her unjustified death.

wonder why that is

Also did her murderer gain massive financial aid from assholes donating to his defense and then get away with it?

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

By my hand, I will take you from this godforsaken internet

Hermetic posted:

Glad to see someone enjoyed it! :3:

And, yeah, right after 9/11 he released a song called "Osama's Mama" that wasn't as awful as some of what was said in that time period, but was still pretty jingoistic. Not as out-of-the-blue as Dennis Miller going shitballs, but still disappointing.

I remember Osama Yo' Mama, and he's always been a bit MURKA JESUS redneck overall, but there's some additional stuff on some of his newer albums that makes me think he took a hard right at Crazytown in the Tea Party era. :( Also he still actively includes Ahab the Arab on every single one of his recent albums, according to Spotify, soooooo there's that.

Dennis Miller was so disappointing, I loved his old SNL stuff and I still listen to The Rants (ca. 1995) occasionally. That album in particular had some pretty progressive viewpoints for the 90s.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

CommieGIR posted:

"Why can't we go back to the 1950s and make American great again!"

Uhhhh....lady.....we taxed the gently caress out of people then. Never 100% however. How do you tax someone 100%? Isn't that just slavery?

Slavery implies producing something.

Snowman Crossing
Dec 4, 2009

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Globalization.

With a loving Z. :tizzy:

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Keeshhound posted:

Globalization.

With a loving Z. :tizzy:

Palin is apparently so globalized she uses the British spelling.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Christ even her macros/meme crap is word salad poo poo.

Also why does she hate job creators?

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

PhazonLink posted:

Christ even her macros/meme crap is word salad poo poo.

Also why does she hate job creators?

I bet people who liked her don't understand a word any political actor speaks, so figured she was giving a good show of her knowledge (instead of gluing words end-to-end)

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

Neowyrm posted:

wonder why that is

Interesting that the images of the black boys are murky and dark and the white girl is almost glowing, it's so bright (like an angel.) Wonder if someone used an image editor.

Hermetic
Sep 7, 2007

by exmarx

TheKennedys posted:

I remember Osama Yo' Mama, and he's always been a bit MURKA JESUS redneck overall, but there's some additional stuff on some of his newer albums that makes me think he took a hard right at Crazytown in the Tea Party era. :( Also he still actively includes Ahab the Arab on every single one of his recent albums, according to Spotify, soooooo there's that.

...Wow, really? Jesus christ, I think back to that song and cringe a little. The fact that he's putting it on every album is a pretty clear gesture. drat it, Ray, you used to think that everyone was beautiful, and that we shouldn't care about the length of his hair, or the color of his skin... :(

TheKennedys posted:

Dennis Miller was so disappointing, I loved his old SNL stuff and I still listen to The Rants (ca. 1995) occasionally. That album in particular had some pretty progressive viewpoints for the 90s.

Yeah, Dennis' crazy absolutely gutted me. A couple of years ago, someone linked a podcast he does, where his guest was Kirk loving Cameron. They sat around smugging about how much Kirk loves The Gays and just wants to "help" them. All I could think about was The Rants.

Dennis Miller posted:

And you know, while I'm at it, I don't care what arcane passage you pull out of the Old Testament and run through your Jeremiah-begat-Jedediah Decoder Ring, one of the definitive tenets of Christianity is tolerance. Trust me, there's no version of the Bible that says Love thy neighbor unless he's a Peter Allen fan. Any supposedly Christian doctrine must have at the core a belief in the concept of unqualified love for your fellow man. Unless of course he proves himself to be a total rear end in a top hat. Then you can ditch him. Sure, God understands that, who do you think booked Satan's flight? What he can't understand is turning against someone because you don't happen to agree with their sexual preference. Forget your linear, biblical interpretation that tells you to ostracize gays, and follow your heart. It's like when your driving test instructor would tell you to run the stop sign. And you would, and then he'd flunk you. And you'd say, "But you told me to." And he'd say, "Sorry, but you never run a stop sign." And you never carpet bomb a group of people with hate because they're different from you. Case closed, Tailgunner Joe.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Brawnfire posted:

I bet people who liked her don't understand a word any political actor speaks, so figured she was giving a good show of her knowledge (instead of gluing words end-to-end)
It does make some degree of sense, but the only way I can interpret it is that she thinks that global capitalism is a bad thing. Is this the same Sarah Palin?

Snowman Crossing
Dec 4, 2009

Guavanaut posted:

It does make some degree of sense, but the only way I can interpret it is that she thinks that global capitalism is a bad thing. Is this the same Sarah Palin?

I did a Google search on the quote and :lol:

It's Noam Chomsky

zeroprime
Mar 25, 2006

Words go here.

Fun Shoe
^^^ beaten.

Like, how do you read that and not think it must be an intentionally misattributed quote?

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

BarbarianElephant posted:

Interesting that the images of the black boys are murky and dark and the white girl is almost glowing, it's so bright (like an angel.) Wonder if someone used an image editor.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

BarbarianElephant posted:

Clearly it is because the darker the color the more light absorbed while lighter colors reflect more light

:science:

:godwinning:

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Guavanaut posted:

It did make sense... From that perspective. Knowing it's a Chomsky makes it clearer, but I was struggling to find a meaning saying "deregulate and drill, baby, drill!!!1"

Deep State of Mind
Jul 30, 2006

"It was a busy day. I do not remember it all. In the morning, I thought I had lost my wallet. Then we went swimming and either overthrew a government or started a pro-American radio station. I can't really remember."
Fun Shoe

zeroprime posted:

^^^ beaten.

Like, how do you read that and not think it must be an intentionally misattributed quote?

I just assumed she has no idea what she's saying.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

zeroprime posted:

^^^ beaten.

Have you listened to a Sarah Palin speech? She could be advocating Full Communism Now completely by accident, never know it, and still lapse back into Crazy Forwarded Email territory by the end of the paragraph-long non-sentence.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

gradenko_2000 posted:

Have you listened to a Sarah Palin speech? She could be advocating Full Communism Now completely by accident, never know it, and still lapse back into Crazy Forwarded Email territory by the end of the paragraph-long non-sentence.

The joy of populist figures.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
I figure it's from Last Week Tonight's quote generator

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

I was lucky enough to have this show up on my Facebook feed today.

I think I'm spending too much time in DnD because it took me a while to realize the free market solution is suppoused to be to lower the ladder, not pull it out ala FYGM.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
The free market solution is 'more ladders', but they're all too short.