Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What gun are you going to use in this Call of Duty?
The good one that everyone else uses
Another, different gun
View Results

• Locked thread
Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Mmmm come to xen, yesss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Buying CoD on PC ityool 2015. :wow:

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

apparently BO3 sales on steam jumped way up when mod/map tools were announced

if Treyarch doesn't deliver, people will be furious and claim they won't buy CoD ever again

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
It'll probably die on PC long before March, when they said it'll probably hit alpha.

I'll still get a few good months of super easy games, though. That's the point of CoD on PC

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Roman posted:

people will be furious and claim they won't buy CoD ever again

I mean that's basically it.

Although I didn't buy AW, so maybe they just need to keep adding more zany movement features and gambling weapon packs until I really do stop buying it.

Please atvi, if you're listening, encourage your CoD slaves to add antigravity boots and more tf2 loot crates so I can purge my unhealthy desire to shoot guys with guns.

Zapper
Mar 14, 2006

Zap!
Argh I just bought this today. On Amazon.

On the bone of course. Xbox best box!

Hit me up maj0rpainz

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Waiting on the Black Friday deals to buy a console. Hoping for a good one.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Anyone else want to try one shot mode on release day ? (PSN)

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Waiting on the Black Friday deals to buy a console. Hoping for a good one.
ps4 for $299 with free game from Sam's Club. It's a doorbuster so prepare to die without dignity

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
See you jerks on Friday (?)

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Dirt Taco Scuba posted:

Anyone else want to try one shot mode on release day ? (PSN)

Which one is that again?
Also, I can't believe I'm about to buy this tonight.
I'm a Goddamned idiot.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Mister Macys posted:

Which one is that again?
I'm a Goddamned idiot.

The hardest difficulty effectively gives you only 1 health or something like that, so 1 bullet will kill you. No idea if the game is otherwise tweaked (e.g. if enemy grunts also go down in 1 shot or not).

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Mister Macys posted:

Which one is that again?
I'm a Goddamned idiot.
I preordered to get into beta and then promptly forgot I ordered it. When this thread gets posts then I remember again that I preordered it and think about whether I want to cancel it or not. Then after 3 minutes I forget I preordered it. Some kind of weird CoDfish memory :haw:

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene
Sony just charged me for my preorder from my PSN wallet or whatever. Does that mean preloading is starting? I haven't had a chance to turn my PS4 on today to check.

Like last years COD, I'm buying this purely for splitscreen. Halo 5 would have got my money instead, but they decided no splitscreen whatsoever would be a great decision for a Halo game of all things. It's refreshing to see that BLOPS 3 actually improves last years splitscreen offerings - it's available for the campaign, zombies and online multiplayer from what I've read? They'll get my money every year if they continue to support it.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

i would feel dumber about buying it if it weren't for the beta

imagine if there wasn't a beta and horseshit like the Rejack as originally designed made it to launch day

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

monkeu posted:

Sony just charged me for my preorder from my PSN wallet or whatever. Does that mean preloading is starting? I haven't had a chance to turn my PS4 on today to check.

Like last years COD, I'm buying this purely for splitscreen. Halo 5 would have got my money instead, but they decided no splitscreen whatsoever would be a great decision for a Halo game of all things. It's refreshing to see that BLOPS 3 actually improves last years splitscreen offerings - it's available for the campaign, zombies and online multiplayer from what I've read? They'll get my money every year if they continue to support it.

They are even supporting it on PC, including setups like allowing 2 monitors where each monitor is a full res copy of the game for each player. :pcgaming:

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

yeah they actually seem to be going all out on PC. but if after all that and it doesn't do well there this time around it's back to poo poo ports.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Mister Macys posted:

Just kidding, Scandinavian countries are pretty awesome and you're kung fu hockey is great. :canada:

He said Finland, not Sweden.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I said his hockey was great, not the best. :colbert:

They've consistently placed in the Olympics since '88.

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Nov 3, 2015

Spudsly
Jul 11, 2006
Is this game going to be bad like BO2 (in which case I'll pre-order) or terrible like AW (in which case I won't). The movement system is scaring me.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Spudsly posted:

Is this game going to be bad like BO2 (in which case I'll pre-order) or terrible like AW (in which case I won't). The movement system is scaring me.
The movement system was fine, you don't have to run on walls if you don't want to and you can shoot people off of them or stick C4 there for added fun.

Vorlonesque
Sep 18, 2005

Killing planets since 1876

Spudsly posted:

It need Quake strafe-jumping!

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Roman posted:

yeah they actually seem to be going all out on PC. but if after all that and it doesn't do well there this time around it's back to poo poo ports.

Treyarch's PC ports were always pretty good. Its IW and Sledgehammer who do a lovely job with PC.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Avatars now available for sale in the PSN store.

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-ca/games/avatars/american-eagle-head-avatar/cid=UP4507-NPUB31584_00-UAVIRTUALB000198

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene

Hahah that's amazing. It says it's for PS3 though. Does it work on PS4 too?

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Sony hosed up their announcement. We can't buy avatars for PS4 until next week.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Oh, I thought they were new due to this post:
https://twitter.com/PlayStation/status/661671705492873216

Never owned a PS3...

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Nov 4, 2015

SilentW
Apr 3, 2009

my It dept hgere is fucking clwonshoes, and as someone hwo used to do IT for 9 years it pains me to see them fbe so terriuble

Mister Macys posted:

Which one is that again?
I'm a Goddamned idiot.

way ahead of u in the moron department, I already ordered with release-day delivery on Amazon

hopefully they will deliver it via hellstorm missile / drone strike and end my dumb gay life before I play another COD game

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

booted up some Ghosts for laughs. Every level was either all blue or all brown. Wow those sub-30 framerate dips. I paid money for that poo poo.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Ghosts owned, though.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Extinction was so good (and that Predator care package map :black101: ) that it was the first game I've bought DLC for since BLOPS 1.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Ghosts owned, though.

two year anniversary of its release date is on thursday. until then its the worst game ever, afterwards it will be remembered fondly for carl, boom tunnel, spoon's c4 build, extinction, hot dog, support streaks, mk14, and much more

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
i will fondly remember the game i played with fallin where we all ran shields and released our own carls in a coordinated assault

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Reminder that Karl and Carl were two different helpful dudes.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Ghosts owned, though.

^

I can't decide if my favorite part of the narrative was 'GHOSTS TTK IS TOO FAST' :byodood: (many of the weapons were literally identical to bo2 weapon profiles, in some cases weaker, just the netcode wasn't flaming dogshit so your shots registered)

Or the fact that people wanted slower ttk for BO3, when once upon a time many years ago, people would go 'JUGGERNAUT IS GARBAGE gently caress PAINKILLER I ONLY WANT STOPPING POWER' :byodood:

Then again I think a lot of the bad maps in Ghosts bothered me a lot less than most people since I vastly prefer sprawling mixed maps over the MLG three lane bullshit 3arc prefers.

I hope the netcode is good this time around, it felt okish in the beta :ohdear: Going from the dogshit p2p in Destiny to the glassy smoothness in Halo was quite a transition.

Guns felt good in the beta and the jetpacking/wallrunning/powersliding nonsense didn't bug me nearly as much as the jumping beans in AW, that's the main thing.

It felt weird skipping CoD for a year, it was a holiday tradition to crush noobs and chain back to back super streaks, I missed that. No other game lets you poo poo on terrible players quite like CoD.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

victrix posted:

It felt weird skipping CoD for a year, it was a holiday tradition to crush noobs and chain back to back super streaks, I missed that.
If it makes you feel better everyone missed it due to the LS hacking of both XBL and PSN. poo poo didn't come up for like 3 days. Shooting children in the face and hearing them scream over the mic is the best Christmas tradition.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

victrix posted:

^

I can't decide if my favorite part of the narrative was 'GHOSTS TTK IS TOO FAST' :byodood: (many of the weapons were literally identical to bo2 weapon profiles, in some cases weaker, just the netcode wasn't flaming dogshit so your shots registered)

Supposedly IW fixed a long standing bug with the COD engine where the hit detection doesn't register every shot properly (like shooting a guy in the head with a sniper rifle and getting a hitmarker).

SilentW
Apr 3, 2009

my It dept hgere is fucking clwonshoes, and as someone hwo used to do IT for 9 years it pains me to see them fbe so terriuble

Mill Village posted:

Supposedly IW fixed a long standing bug with the COD engine where the hit detection doesn't register every shot properly (like shooting a guy in the head with a sniper rifle and getting a hitmarker).

This makes the most sense, it's amazing how often that kind of poo poo stays around in engines. A co-worker of mien is working on a game right now with an engine that is very old, and there are bugs in it that have been present since the first PS1 version of the engine, but never fixed.

RiperSnifler
Aug 19, 2005
Well shit
Ghosts sucked on PC because of how terribly it ran on just about any machine. Having a stupid as all hell challenges system didn't help either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

penis bandana
Aug 6, 2008

victrix posted:

I couldn't enjoy BO2 at all because of the unforgiveably lovely netcode. Worst CoD game.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Ghosts owned, though.

Ghosts was also 100% free of Skrillex AND Avenged Sevenfold as far as I know.

Mill Village posted:

Pretty cool that a shooting game can re-use the same lovely engine every year and then on like the 11th installment get around to fixing a hit detection bug.

• Locked thread