Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

I believe they've said we are getting a Direct before the end of the year.

But it won't be the same :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
they probably have a iwata hologram like they had that tupac one

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

The Iwata tribute it'll have will be both sad and awkward.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

SeANMcBAY posted:

The Iwata tribute it'll have will be both sad and awkward.
I hope when I die, somebody will draw art of my cartoon characters crying around a grave

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

SRM posted:

I hope when I die, somebody will draw art of my cartoon characters crying around a grave

Gotcha covered.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Fix posted:

Gotcha covered.
You're good people, Fix

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

SRM posted:

You're good people, Fix

Maybe, but with time and medication, the doctors say the other voices will go away.

stringball
Mar 17, 2009

e: wrong thread

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
drat it. Went to check out Etrian Mystery Dungeon, mistakenly thinking the sale ended the 4th not the 2nd. It's for the best, I guess :(

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

Morter posted:

drat it. Went to check out Etrian Mystery Dungeon, mistakenly thinking the sale ended the 4th not the 2nd. It's for the best, I guess :(

It's an Atlas game just wait a week.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
Any word yet on what NA is getting this week?

It's a shame that Square-Enix doesn't do Virtual Console stuff...the Wii U would be the perfect platform for The World Ends With You due to the Gamepad. I'm not totally sure why we even have DS stuff on the eShop when there's so little of that fantastic console library's stuff on it. There's so much good stuff that came out on the DS that is absurdly expensive today that I'd love to get cheap on VC rather than tracking down an expensive cart to put into my 3DS...Dragon Quest IX comes to mind (it took me years to find DQ V and VI at not-bankbusting prices...I'll never find IX).

Question for the thread: if you could have any one game for the six systems that the Wii U VC covers come to the VC, which would it be? Not limited by the possibility of it actually coming out.

NES: The original Fire Emblem, I guess? Although getting Shadow Dragon for the DS on the VC would do just as well. There's not too many NES games I feel the VC is missing.
SNES: I'm going to leave aside the Square-Enix stuff for now and go with Fire Emblem IV, which is a game I've always wanted to play that I probably never will.
N64: Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon is my nostalgia pick. I'd also nominate Diddy Kong Racing just because if that game gets on the VC I think it'll probably be the awful DS version and that would be almost worse than not getting it at all.
GBA: Sorry Zero Mission fans, has to be Mother 3.
DS: So many games for this system have availability issues, so there are a lot of good answers. I guess I always wanted to try Spirit Tracks but balked at the idea of paying $40 for it.
Wii: Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn is an obvious pick here, that game goes for close to $100. Last Story would be good as well.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Dragon quest ix is like 10-15 bucks

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Patter Song posted:

Any word yet on what NA is getting this week?

It's a shame that Square-Enix doesn't do Virtual Console stuff...the Wii U would be the perfect platform for The World Ends With You due to the Gamepad. I'm not totally sure why we even have DS stuff on the eShop when there's so little of that fantastic console library's stuff on it. There's so much good stuff that came out on the DS that is absurdly expensive today that I'd love to get cheap on VC rather than tracking down an expensive cart to put into my 3DS...Dragon Quest IX comes to mind (it took me years to find DQ V and VI at not-bankbusting prices...I'll never find IX).

Question for the thread: if you could have any one game for the six systems that the Wii U VC covers come to the VC, which would it be? Not limited by the possibility of it actually coming out.

NES: The original Fire Emblem, I guess? Although getting Shadow Dragon for the DS on the VC would do just as well. There's not too many NES games I feel the VC is missing.
SNES: I'm going to leave aside the Square-Enix stuff for now and go with Fire Emblem IV, which is a game I've always wanted to play that I probably never will.
N64: Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon is my nostalgia pick. I'd also nominate Diddy Kong Racing just because if that game gets on the VC I think it'll probably be the awful DS version and that would be almost worse than not getting it at all.
GBA: Sorry Zero Mission fans, has to be Mother 3.
DS: So many games for this system have availability issues, so there are a lot of good answers. I guess I always wanted to try Spirit Tracks but balked at the idea of paying $40 for it.
Wii: Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn is an obvious pick here, that game goes for close to $100. Last Story would be good as well.

Shadow Dragon's already on VC. :shh:

As for me...

I can't think of what I'd want for NES, SNES or GBA so for the rest:
N64: Snowboard Kids 2 for sure. Fantastic racing game that really deserves a lot more love.
DS: Battle Network 5. I don't care that the GBA versions are coming, the DS version is objectively better by virtue of having both games and then some. :colbert:
Wii: Uhhhh I want Xenoblade I guess? That'd be a nice game to curl up in bed with the gamepad with. Xenoblade 3D's a thing but the low res is kind of hard on the eyes at times. DKCR would be nice too if they patch in CC support but I know they're not. I also wouldn't mind Fortune Street or Dokapon Kingdom

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
someone please give me Goemon again. Both the 64 games were great.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Goemon's a nightmare to emulate and I don't think Nintendo could pull it off either

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

If they could get DK64 to run better then it do on the N64 even with the input lag I'm sure they can fix the Goemon to run. The problem is the fact if they want to spend the time to do it, along with getting the controller pak to work.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003
NES - Little Samson or Jackie Chan's Action Kung Fu
SNES - B.O.B. or Act Raiser
N64 - Shadows of the Empire

I didn't really play a huge amount of DS or Wii, so I'm coming up with nothing for them.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

No opinion on NES.

SNES- Uniracers. Best game on SNES that no one has ever heard of and I'd love to play it again.

N64- Banjo-motherfuckin'-Kazooie!

GBA- Metroid Zero Mission. Sorry Mother 3 fans. ;)

DS- Eh, let's go with TWEWY, if only so more people can play it.

Wii- Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn. And while we're on the subject of pipe dreams, make it a pack-in with Path of Radiance with all the cross-game stuff still intact! :v:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Fremry posted:

NES - Little Samson or Jackie Chan's Action Kung Fu
SNES - B.O.B. or Act Raiser
N64 - Shadows of the Empire

I didn't really play a huge amount of DS or Wii, so I'm coming up with nothing for them.

I'm kinda surprised Shadows of the Empire and Rogue Squadron haven't popped up yet in either PC or N64 (VC) form, considering the upcoming movie and generally pushing the other Star Wars games all onto GoG in recent years.

Silver Falcon posted:

No opinion on NES.

SNES- Uniracers. Best game on SNES that no one has ever heard of and I'd love to play it again.

N64- Banjo-motherfuckin'-Kazooie!

GBA- Metroid Zero Mission. Sorry Mother 3 fans. ;)

DS- Eh, let's go with TWEWY, if only so more people can play it.

Wii- Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn. And while we're on the subject of pipe dreams, make it a pack-in with Path of Radiance with all the cross-game stuff still intact! :v:

Ehh, Banjo-Kazooie and its sequel are litigiously dicey, considering they have Microsoft versions and just got a fresh rerelease in the Rare Replay Collection on the XBone. It'd be nice, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's one of those things where the answer is an outright no to even considering it.

As for my own hopes

N64 - Shake-Shakin' Mischief Makers.

DS - Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors. Just so it has an actual digital version out for people playing catch-up on the sequels.

Neddy Seagoon fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Nov 4, 2015

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Uniracers can't come out anywhere because a lawsuit from Pixar alleged it was infringing on copyright of a character in some short they made, and they won that lawsuit.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

NES: Zombie Nation

SNES: TMNT IV, no question.

N64: Mischief Makers or Ogre Battle 64.

GBA: Zero Mission. We are never loving getting Mother 3 deal with this

GC: Skies of Arcadia or F-Zero GX. Also would love to have Killer7 and the rare Fire Emblem game.

Wii: Doesn't really "count" but I'd love the uprezzed HD Muramasa. Otherwise give me No More Heroes 1+2.

None of these will ever happen

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

They should put the original version of Metroid Prime with all the sequence breaking bugs intact on the eShop

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

MinibarMatchman posted:

NES: Zombie Nation

SNES: TMNT IV, no question.

N64: Mischief Makers or Ogre Battle 64.

GBA: Zero Mission. We are never loving getting Mother 3 deal with this

GC: Skies of Arcadia or F-Zero GX. Also would love to have Killer7 and the rare Fire Emblem game.

Wii: Doesn't really "count" but I'd love the uprezzed HD Muramasa. Otherwise give me No More Heroes 1+2.

None of these will ever happen

No More Heroes was a big enough Wii title that it'll probably turn up eventually. Hell, if Sin and Punishment: Star Successor/Successor to the Skies can get a digital release, just about anything's fair game.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
Most of mine are for Gamecube.

Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles and Four Swords Adventure. If they can get it to work over internet, everyone having a Gamepad covers the GBA requirement. I know it'll never happen, but still. Tri Force Heroes has me thinking about it.

Edit: There is a challenge in Tri Force Heroes that is literally Crystal Chronicles.

Also, Chibi-Robo. All these spinoff titles have me in the mood for the original, and it's not like we'll ever get the Japanese DS game. There's a New Play Control Version for Wii which might have a higher chance of getting over, but probably only the JP eshop since it needs to be translated.

pichupal fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Nov 4, 2015

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

greatn posted:

Uniracers can't come out anywhere because a lawsuit from Pixar alleged it was infringing on copyright of a character in some short they made, and they won that lawsuit.

I read about that awhile ago and it makes me sad. :( Pixar, I like your movies and all but why'd ya have to go and kill the nice game about racing unicycles set to butt rock?

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Ehh, Banjo-Kazooie and its sequel are litigiously dicey, considering they have Microsoft versions and just got a fresh rerelease in the Rare Replay Collection on the XBone. It'd be nice, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's one of those things where the answer is an outright no to even considering it.

I'm aware they don't have a snowball's chance in hell of actually making it onto the VC. We're making lists regardless of such nasty things as "reality" and "stupid copyright bullshit." :colbert: Doesn't stop me from wanting Banjo-Kazooie on my Wuu.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
Give me Harvest Moon 64 or give me death

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

ChaosArgate posted:

Shadow Dragon's already on VC.

don't buy shadow dragon

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
NES - Mr. Gimmick
SNES - Super Mario RPG
N64 - Ogre Battle 64
GC - Cubivore
Wii - Xenoblade

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Kaubocks posted:

don't buy shadow dragon

FE7 and sacred stones are right there.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

So how long do y'all think it'll be before Devil Survivor 2 goes on sale? It was only just released here in Europe but from what I've seen the SMT games go on sale fairly often.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Looper posted:

Give me Harvest Moon 64 or give me death

it's going to be death, because as a fellow HM64 lover I was crushed to learn that apparently HM64 is practically impossible to emulate and put on eshop...

http://nintendoeverything.com/natsume-harvest-moon-64-not-coming-to-the-vc-no-news-on-older-games-a-train-localization-more/

no idea what "tech issues" they're talking about but it really sucks :(

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
The Mario Maker update is live - it adds checkpoints, traditional mushroom/flower behaviour, better course curation, etc.

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I'm kinda surprised Shadows of the Empire and Rogue Squadron haven't popped up yet in either PC or N64 (VC) form, considering the upcoming movie and generally pushing the other Star Wars games all onto GoG in recent years.

Rogue Squadron is up on GOG, as is Battle for Naboo. I wouldn't be surprised to see Shadows in the near future, especially with the PC versions of Turok also apparently due for rerelease soon.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Turok's a totally separate license that revert back to Valiant Comics or whoever, I doubt it means anything with regards to Star Wars.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

MinibarMatchman posted:

it's going to be death, because as a fellow HM64 lover I was crushed to learn that apparently HM64 is practically impossible to emulate and put on eshop...

http://nintendoeverything.com/natsume-harvest-moon-64-not-coming-to-the-vc-no-news-on-older-games-a-train-localization-more/

Yeah, HM64 is buggy as gently caress and barely runs on the N64, but I adore it and can dream

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

MinibarMatchman posted:

The entire gamete of getting N64 games to run on anything that isn't the actual console can be described as "tech issues" :v:. The simple truth is that for any console there are always going to be one or two titles that plain won't work on anything but the actual machine (for the forseeable future, at least), because they're either badly-coded or use some obscure aspect of the hardware just to do A Thing in the game's programming.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Mineral Town's better, anyway.

NA's Wii U VC game for this week is Stinger (aka Moero Twinbee) for NES.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

Neddy Seagoon posted:

The entire gamete of getting N64 games to run on anything that isn't the actual console can be described as "tech issues" :v:. The simple truth is that for any console there are always going to be one or two titles that plain won't work on anything but the actual machine (for the forseeable future, at least), because they're either badly-coded or use some obscure aspect of the hardware just to do A Thing in the game's programming.

Not trying to be a jerk, did you mean gamut? Because the idea of N64 gametes make me giggle at what I think is probably a fan fiction kindle short story.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
That reminds me of what I forgot to put on my list: Parodius. I'd love to see the Parodius games on the SNES VC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Fremry posted:

Not trying to be a jerk, did you mean gamut? Because the idea of N64 gametes make me giggle at what I think is probably a fan fiction kindle short story.

Yes, yes I did :cripes:. Please do not attempt to fertilize your consoles, even if they are over the age of consent.