Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Quantum Finger posted:

I feel like Sette remains an enigma and I want to see her triumph, but I don't know what that triumph looks like for her because of her own self-erasure.

Adoptive daughter for a stabilised Duane? He's undead and she's an immortal child, so they can probably stay pretty happily static.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

Darth Walrus posted:

Adoptive daughter for a stabilised Duane? He's undead and she's an immortal child, so they can probably stay pretty happily static.

Yeah, but that's not a story. Unless the whole story is how they get that way. Which would be fine. A catharsis at the end for both of them would be nice. I just pulled out my Unsounded hard copies and am going over them again. Really can't wait to have the third (and possibly fourth) volume to shove all of them into my husband's hands and scream "READ THIS RIGHT NOW"

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
1. Poor Sette.

2. gently caress Starfish. (Not literally though.) Someone please kill him. Please. He won't be missed.

Hiveminded
Aug 26, 2014
I guess the lack of a belly button implies that she was never born from a womb.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Literally no boobs either. Ashley has mentioned this was intentional when Sette used her clothes to trick that lizard a zillion pages back, rather than a lack of artistic detail or pseudo-censorship to keep things more PG-13.

Not that it hasn't been obvious from the get-go she's not really human.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.
It's been layered on thick that she's something from the kert, maybe even a God.

And what's a God need nipples for?

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Well, Bird Lady certainly had them in spades.

Sette is just something else apparently. It's possible she's not even gendered but I'm doubting that.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.
I'm going to guess from the "I don't... got whatcha want." statement, that Sette's probably built like a ken doll.

Unless Ashley is planning to pull a trans narrative?

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I feel like Starfish has hit the point of hubris here. Having no redeeming qualities whatsoever is one thing, but right now he comes off like a mortal stepping on the devil's daisies. Sette is a main character and some kind of divine thing.

Also I think this story might have outgrown him.

Hiveminded
Aug 26, 2014

Captain Bravo posted:

I'm going to guess from the "I don't... got whatcha want." statement, that Sette's probably built like a ken doll.

Unless Ashley is planning to pull a trans narrative?

I'm p. sure she's been shown consuming things, so she probably does have an excretory system of some sort; alternatively, her insides are magical and who knows what happens. I think Starfish has also been shown to not care about the gender of his targets, if I'm remembering his interactions with Matty, Jivi, and the boys serving as silver hosts correctly.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
For some reason I remember Ashley saying definitively Sette is female but I don't recall. She's just not your typical mammal I guess. Or she's a homunculus or something.

Fabricated fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Nov 2, 2015

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

The real question is, can Sette grab a knife with her feet?

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

SlothfulCobra posted:

The real question is, can Sette grab a knife with her feet?

That was my first thought, too. Oh, you were born from the Kert? don't care, grab dat fukkin knife and put it in his taint!!!!

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
She can also "Smell" magic, which nobody else in the world can do (that we've seen).

My money's on her being some manner of homunculus. Together she and Duane can be artificial life buddies.

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum
Pretty sure she's the reincarnation of one of the major gods of the world. The implications have been thick since the first chapter.

Axiem
Oct 19, 2005

I want to leave my mind blank, but I'm terrified of what will happen if I do

Fabricated posted:

Literally no boobs either. Ashley has mentioned this was intentional when Sette used her clothes to trick that lizard a zillion pages back, rather than a lack of artistic detail or pseudo-censorship to keep things more PG-13.

Can anyone point me to the pages where this detail happened? I think I missed it...

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011
Thank. Christ.

Quantum Finger posted:

That was my first thought, too. Oh, you were born from the Kert? don't care, grab dat fukkin knife and put it in his taint!!!!

Good call!

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011

Rime posted:

Pretty sure she's the reincarnation of one of the major gods of the world. The implications have been thick since the first chapter.

My guess is she's an incarnation/avatar of Tirna, who was the sort-of "trickster" twin goddess that got banished to earth as punishment if I recall correctly.

Quinton
Apr 25, 2004

Axiem posted:

Can anyone point me to the pages where this detail happened? I think I missed it...

Chapter 4, Page 4, but it's the midpoint of a hilarious little sequence that should be enjoyed in its entirety...

http://www.casualvillain.com/Unsounded/comic/ch04/ch04_02.html
http://www.casualvillain.com/Unsounded/comic/ch04/ch04_03.html
http://www.casualvillain.com/Unsounded/comic/ch04/ch04_04.html
http://www.casualvillain.com/Unsounded/comic/ch04/ch04_09.html
http://www.casualvillain.com/Unsounded/comic/ch04/ch04_10.html

"What are you?"
"Awesome!"

vvv Yes, yes indeed. Loved both that bit of distraction and Starfish getting what he deserves.

Quinton fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Nov 4, 2015

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
What an extraordinarily satisfying panel.

SpaceViking
Sep 2, 2011

Who put the stars in the sky? Coyote will say he did it himself, and it is not a lie.
Thank you Ashley.

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011
Can I just say that the reader comments for the page before this one were some of the worst I have ever seen in my life? And I read the Freep thread. :gonk:

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
That page was poetry.

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
hahahaha, die motherfucker die :woop:

Like actually. Die. I'm thinking of Zed from Pulp Fiction here.

SpudCat
Mar 12, 2012

Finally, sweet catharsis :getin:

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
I hope he lives. I had always hoped he lived, just because I love hating the guy, but now I really, really want this dickless wonder to live out the rest of his days like this.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Nice.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

FourLeaf posted:

Can I just say that the reader comments for the page before this one were some of the worst I have ever seen in my life? And I read the Freep thread. :gonk:
Her comment section is always horrible.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
I just want him to be washed away to the ocean, along with the silver blood tentacle monster.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

They're forced to buddy up and work together to survive, it spins off into a separate webcomic "Starfish and the Lovecraftian Monstrosity."

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

gosh! i like both the islanders and the rangers!!! :^)

This page makes me feel really great.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Rotten Cookies posted:

This page makes me feel really great.

Ashley Cope has, over a several year career as an artist made some pretty good visuals, some of which even qualify as great. This though, this is the first thing she's made that can be called ART. It deserves to be displayed in a high class modern art museum :allears:

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة
This page pleases me. I am pleased.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Guess they don't call 'em the Red Berry Boys for nothing.

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

gosh! i like both the islanders and the rangers!!! :^)

Bad Seafood posted:

:pusheen: :vince: :pusheen:

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum

Bad Seafood posted:

Perfect AV / post combo. :drat:

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

Bad Seafood posted:

:perfect:

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Bad Seafood posted:

:sbahj:

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Bad Seafood posted:

:boom:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Bad Seafood posted:

:chanpop: :captainpop: :eyepop: :shittypop: :psypop:

:regd08: