Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Another thing about the accelerator (unless it's changed this time) is that it allows you to adjust stats and abilities of the currently available roster, in case you wanted to show HHH what for by knocking him down a peg or two.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Basic Chunnel posted:

Another thing about the accelerator (unless it's changed this time) is that it allows you to adjust stats and abilities of the currently available roster, in case you wanted to show HHH what for by knocking him down a peg or two.

I did that on 2K14 (lowering his stats to 1) and the motherfucker still found a way to win and increase his stats.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
God help us the Trips AI has become self aware!

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
This is particularly horrible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dh8Afby8wxs

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

HEY RADICAL LARRY HOW ABOUT A HAIRCUT

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
Why do people make caws of people already in the game? Scrolling through so many, I don't get it - same thing every year?

Dishwasher
Dec 5, 2006

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!
So apparently you can beat the Community Creations download limit by backing out the game using the home button instead of exiting out to the main menu like normally. The counter resets to 20/20.

You're welcome. :bahgawd:

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Dishwasher posted:

So apparently you can beat the Community Creations download limit by backing out the game using the home button instead of exiting out to the main menu like normally. The counter resets to 20/20.

You're welcome. :bahgawd:

2k15's was tied to the system's internal clock, that might be true with this one too.

simosimo posted:

Why do people make caws of people already in the game? Scrolling through so many, I don't get it - same thing every year?

Making a CAW of a character allows you to change their hair, give them makeup and face paint, change their body shape, and a whole bunch of other things you can't do with the face-scanned dudes.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

You're also free to gently caress with their stats even if you didn't cough up two bucks for the Accelerator.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Senerio posted:

So would you all say that the game is worth it on PS4? I'm on the fence.

Also will they be releasing the Terminator DLC afterwards or?

I hate WWE games and I'm enjoying this one.

the CAW creation looks really fiddly but its actually pretty quick to gen up a guy. You can still cheese the gently caress out of the game with the extended sequence moves.

You can finally go drat near seizure inducing with the pyro in the entrance creator.

Matches actually flow and don't revolve around hitting running knees. It actually looks like a modern WWE match.

Downsides are the Career mode drags and there's no good checkpoint system in the showcase mode. Its missing the create-a-finisher mode which kinda sucks as it adds more uniqueness to your CAW

BrutusBeefcake
Jun 6, 2003
I've been on the fence about buying this, but the last page of posts has swayed me to get it.

One question though. I'm on PS4; do I need to subscribe to PS Plus in order to download CAWs? Or is that open to everyone?

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

coconono posted:

I hate WWE games and I'm enjoying this one.

the CAW creation looks really fiddly but its actually pretty quick to gen up a guy. You can still cheese the gently caress out of the game with the extended sequence moves.

You can finally go drat near seizure inducing with the pyro in the entrance creator.

Matches actually flow and don't revolve around hitting running knees. It actually looks like a modern WWE match.

Downsides are the Career mode drags and there's no good checkpoint system in the showcase mode. Its missing the create-a-finisher mode which kinda sucks as it adds more uniqueness to your CAW

Do they still have any Create-a-Finisher? They neutered it in 2K14 to the point that they did almost no damage.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Create-a-finisher was never that good

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
The glitch bomb was very good, actually :colbert:

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.

BrutusBeefcake posted:

I'm on PS4; do I need to subscribe to PS Plus in order to download CAWs?

No.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

super macho dude posted:

I remember being really frustrated with it. The moves I wanted to create weren't really doable despite being fairly simple specifically a double underhook spike piledriver, it'd only let me make a double underhook powerbomb. And a lot of what you could do was very samey.

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Nov 4, 2015

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
2k13's was pretty cool, mostly it'd be nice if you could just add taunts to finishers.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Gooncensus on the new manager/valet/second mechanic? It's saved my rear end a decent number of times, but it's (appropriately, perhaps) quite frustrating if you're the babyface that keeps hitting your big move, covering and the ref is arguing with a lady in booty shorts.

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

Good people don't rip other people's arms off.
I thought the Face managers hyped you up for extra Momentum instead of distracting refs?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Geektox posted:

I thought the Face managers hyped you up for extra Momentum instead of distracting refs?

I mean if the heel has a manager. I just did a 20 minute Brock/Reigns (playing as Roman) match where I had to win by count out because Heyman kept stopping the count for pins.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

A manager will only distract the ref if you have the "mouthpiece" ability HOWEVER any manager will actively distract your opponent when they've earned a signature / finisher. They can do this numerous times and it doesn't appear to count toward the ref throwing them out.

Funnily enough I had Paige in my corner and she slid a chair into the ring, which I performed a signature on. This caused me to turn heel and lose Paige as a manager, her being a face and all. :russo:

Anyway. Win by DQ in a 4-way match? Sure Trips, I'll get right on that.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
I just remembered one of the earlier Smackdown games had Create-A-Taunt, that was kind of fun to mess around with.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

super macho dude posted:

Sorry you didn't like stringing together low blows in varying speeds.

Corzaa
Aug 1, 2006

super macho dude posted:

Create-a-finisher was great because you could make sweet Piledrivers.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

It would've been great to have this time because you could make Balor's foot stomp go right through the guys dick, then kick that dick multiple times.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

flashy_mcflash posted:

It would've been great to have this time because you could make Balor's foot stomp go right through the guys dick, then kick that dick multiple times.

You can already play as Undertaker, though? :confused:

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

the only move i ever made in create-a-finisher has been added to the game as a normal move though i don't know that anyone does it irl. the moonsault double-stomp

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Sonjay Dutt.

http://i.imgur.com/ZZwfQMx.gif

remusclaw fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Nov 4, 2015

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

The good things about CAF were mitigated by the fact they were shittier at pinning than a normal grapple. :rip: Tokyo Pimps.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I was a fan of the repeated dick kicks ending in an eyepoke. Or the extremely complicated setup to an F5 then setting the person down and poking them in the eyes.

gently caress it, when I get home I'm gonna see if a Jon Jones CAW is up.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Turns out I was exactly right about the seven men in the rumble when Austin entered in 01. He eliminates Haku by cut-scene right before they hand over control.

Ha, the barb wire two by four in the 3 stages of hell match is just a regular two by four in the game.

remusclaw fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Nov 4, 2015

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

hunh, who knew!

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Well it was TNA, so not many.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
I haven't played a WWE game since it was still Smackdown vs. Raw and for some reason this game feels impossibly sluggish to me. I feel like everyone is moving in molasses. Is it like this for anyone else or am I just way too rusty?

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
How do rest holds initiate again? I'm thinking that cross face for Cesaro is not considered a rest hold

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I haven't played a WWE game since it was still Smackdown vs. Raw and for some reason this game feels impossibly sluggish to me. I feel like everyone is moving in molasses. Is it like this for anyone else or am I just way too rusty?

its true that its muddy but also the smackdown vs raw games were unbelievably stupid for how fast they were so

Big Bidness
Aug 2, 2004

epitasis posted:

its true that its muddy but also the smackdown vs raw games were unbelievably stupid for how fast they were so

Those were ridiculously fast, it was like Benny Hill wrestling. 2K16 feels about the same speed as King of Colosseum 2, maybe a touch slower. But that could be because the models aren't just sliding around the ring with negligible walking animation for movement.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
I don't just mean animations though, I mean gameplay. I feel like I try to grab somebody and there is a second between prompt and action and trying to pin feels like I have to hold down the button to do it instead of tap.

Genericide
Jan 20, 2004

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

HEY RADICAL LARRY HOW ABOUT A HAIRCUT

****MIC TO THE WILLY***

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I don't just mean animations though, I mean gameplay. I feel like I try to grab somebody and there is a second between prompt and action and trying to pin feels like I have to hold down the button to do it instead of tap.

There is a lot of delay, and unexplained lack of action on button presses I gotta say. Particularly annoying is when you hastily try to do your signature/finisher and it does nothing - then you just get grappled/punched. Annoying!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

89 posted:

How do rest holds initiate again? I'm thinking that cross face for Cesaro is not considered a rest hold

Front facelock, then the grapple button again with the stick at neutral. Just tap once. Holding the button initiates a proper submission hold.