Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KongGeorgeVII
Feb 17, 2009

Flow like a
harpoon
daily and nightly.
It's going to be fun to fly. Barrel roll, white s-loops, asymmetrical dial and the possibility to take unhinged astromech with k4 security droid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007
So where does the z-95 go until the hounds tooth is destroyed?

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

kizudarake posted:

So where does the z-95 go until the hounds tooth is destroyed?

Just have it set down on your side of the table.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

Panzeh posted:

Just have it set down on your side of the table.

Well, that's lame. I hoped you could mount it at the back of the hounds tooth somehow.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

kizudarake posted:

Well, that's lame. I hoped you could mount it at the back of the hounds tooth somehow.

The HT set doesn't come with a model for the pup anyway, just the dial, pilot card, and insert.

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

Endman posted:

I can see the Nashtah Pup being pretty decent in the late game, actually. It's a fresh Z at a point of the game where everyone has already taken a fair amount of beating. It's six points you never want to have to use, so the impetus is on doing as much damage as possible before it's spat out of the burning wreckage of your YV.

Not being able to shoot on the turn that it launches isn't as big of an issue as it might seem, because your enemy will probably have already spent their shots nailing the YV.

The problem is that any game the Pup is going to have any effect on is going to be so tight that if you'd spend those 6 points on something else you'd likely have won anyway.

quote:

And it's also :krad: to shoot out the back of your exploding space bus in a tiny snubfighter.

:agreed:

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

The Worlds stream for X-Wing is starting in a few minutes if anyone is in a place to watch it. http://www.twitch.tv/ffglive

hoiyes
May 17, 2007
Is it usually uploaded somewhere later for people who can't watch live?

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

hoiyes posted:

Is it usually uploaded somewhere later for people who can't watch live?

Twitch should archive it, and they might put it on youtube later.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

Geisladisk posted:

The problem is that any game the Pup is going to have any effect on is going to be so tight that if you'd spend those 6 points on something else you'd likely have won anyway.

On every game where the Pup was deployed, it has been one hell of a tight game for me. half the time, the Pup ends up winning the day, half the time it doesn't - either way, it's fun as hell to play a tight game to the very end that way.

I love the Pup.

TastyAvocado
Dec 9, 2009
On the twitch stream, Alex Davy, the designer commentating, was just talking about how they hosed up the phantom, it's refreshing to see someone from a game company being so honest.

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL
Man Paul Heaver's list looked so brutal.

On the Pup, I was thinking that it might only be worth it as basically a 2nd life for a support ship like a bare latts razzi but taking a yv bare is still a ton of points.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007

TastyAvocado posted:

On the twitch stream, Alex Davy, the designer commentating, was just talking about how they hosed up the phantom, it's refreshing to see someone from a game company being so honest.

The only problem with the Phantom is that Echo doesn't have ps 9 :v:

What's the gist of Heavers list?

TastyAvocado
Dec 9, 2009

hoiyes posted:

Apparently: Poe (VI, R2-D2, AT) + 2xTLT Gold Ys (one with R3-A2 and title) + Bandit Z95

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL

hoiyes posted:

The only problem with the Phantom is that Echo doesn't have ps 9 :v:

Something like this:

EDIT: I think Poe had VI.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Eh, I hope that type of list doesn't win. It's not much different from a 4BZ config and that just leads to typical firepower/stats based jousting lists which tend to be boring.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

TastyAvocado posted:

What exactly did he say?

TastyAvocado
Dec 9, 2009
Not a whole lot, he just said when it was released it was quite a bit too strong, they had "created a monster". He thinks after the cloaking change it's in a good place, still a strong ship but not unreasonably so. I just appreciated the frank - and unprompted - admission of making a mistake, not something you often see from people in his position.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
How did cloaking work originally, out of interest?

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!

Chill la Chill posted:

Eh, I hope that type of list doesn't win. It's not much different from a 4BZ config and that just leads to typical firepower/stats based jousting lists which tend to be boring.

No offense, but this is kind of a bizzaro statement. It's literally nothing like BBBBZ. TLT lists aren't going to just joust, and it runs a PS8 ace, the literal antithesis of the idea BBBBZ is built on.

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL

thespaceinvader posted:

How did cloaking work originally, out of interest?

You chose whether to decloak before you revealed your dial (and now its at the beginning of activation), which at high PS you got to see where everyone else ended up, and could use your decloak boost to maneuver into perfect position.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
Thought that was probably it. Even now it seems very good, you get a big stack of free maneuverability no-one else can access (well, until Mist Hunter comes out anyroad).

hoiyes
May 17, 2007

Chill la Chill posted:

Seems like a list that would suffer pretty heavily against any swarm, but is pretty geared up to take on palpy + two ace, and fat builds. If it does win, remember it's still slightly underpowered because integrated astromech isn't out yet.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
The only thing in that list that can use Integrated Astromech is Poe, and he's already using Autothrusters.

Integrated Astromech is X-wing only.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007

Strobe posted:

The only thing in that list that can use Integrated Astromech is Poe, and he's already using Autothrusters.

Integrated Astromech is X-wing only.

Oops forgot it's a mod.

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

It's cool listening to the designer guy on the stream. But the stuttering is driving me crazy

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

So I agreed to go to my first tournament and 3rd game ever this Sunday. Unless I can come up with something better, I think I'll bring the list I discussed before:

Soontir + PTL + Autothrusters + Targeting Computer
Carnor + PTL + Autothrusters + Stealth
Shuttle + Palplatine

Carnor gets into range 1 and tries to be as annoying as possible, and they both use their boosts + PTL to arc dodge. Is the best way to run PTL to use it as hard as possible? (ie PTL, green manuver, PTL, green manuver?) Doesn't seem like a big deal because their entire 2* dial is green?

Anything else worth knowing? I've done CCG tournaments but not x-wing. I guess this list would prefer the new damage deck?

Strategy wise, my thought is to rush carnor and Soontir up, while having the shuttle 1-straight its way across the board as slowly as possible to stay out of firing range.

Deviant fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Nov 4, 2015

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

The Gate posted:

No offense, but this is kind of a bizzaro statement. It's literally nothing like BBBBZ. TLT lists aren't going to just joust, and it runs a PS8 ace, the literal antithesis of the idea BBBBZ is built on.

He's never played BBBBZ personally AFAIK (that's Ron's shtick), but Paul tends to fly everything in a tight formation so it's practically the same thing. According to my friend who's there, he kept them in a tight formation like he used to do with biggs walks the dogs.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Also, I have to bring six asteroids, right? Any six? The ones from the core set? six unique ones?

Nevermind:

quote:

Each player must include exactly three unique obstacle tokens of their choice in their squad. Players must select these obstacles from the twelve asteroids included in the two core sets (X-Wing Core Set and X-Wing The Force Awakens Core Set) and the six debris clouds included in the YT- 2400 and VT-49 Decimator expansion packs. A player may not select two of the same asteroid or debris cloud.

Each player places their three unique asteroids and/or debris cloud tokens next to the play area to form a pool of six obstacles. The player with initiative chooses one of these tokens and places it into the play area. Then, the other player chooses one of the remaining tokens and places it into the play area. The players continue to alternate until all six tokens have been placed. An obstacle token cannot be placed at Range 1–2 of any edge of the play area or at Range 1 of another obstacle token.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Deviant posted:

Also, I have to bring six asteroids, right? Any six? The ones from the core set? six unique ones?

Nevermind:

Yeah, 3+3 from your opponent. It's funny that people were mad about choosing your own damage deck when it's the same thing as choosing your own asteroids. debris.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

Chill la Chill posted:

Yeah, 3+3 from your opponent. It's funny that people were mad about choosing your own damage deck when it's the same thing as choosing your own asteroids. debris.

The old damage deck is janky and the game is better without it. Asteroids and debris are minor in comparison.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

Apparently the most popular imp ship is the interceptor in terms of worlds tournament lists :woop:

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
I've got a friend there running Xizor and five Zs. His first round he's up against a Palpshuttle with Vader and Soontir. Really looking forward to seeing how that turned out, because he's one of the best players in KS/MO.

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Is talking about stuff they've already shown on the stream today spoilers? Been half-watching while working from home today

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

Seems like Vader/Soontir/Emperor is over half of Imperial lists

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
I'm not entirely sure what he's running or up against who but KC player Jon Reinig is currently 4-0. KC represent.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

alg posted:

Seems like Vader/Soontir/Emperor is over half of Imperial lists

As much as i love this game this community can really drive poo poo into the ground fast

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

There's three factions and everything is easy to obtain. Perhaps some sort of handicap assigned to players not using the three(Or whatever) most represented aces.

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

None of the matches streamed so far have been Vader/Soontir/Emp, at least, although there was a Vader/Soontir/Carnor list. Is there a page with the current rankings and all of the lists in the tournament?

The lists featured on the stream so far
http://xwing.watchthefilm.net/2015Worlds.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

zVxTeflon posted:

As much as i love this game this community can really drive poo poo into the ground fast

Is there a competitive gaming scene where that doesn't happen?

• Locked thread