Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr_Wolf
Jun 18, 2013

HitmanAndQuitIt posted:

no parent should lose their child

unless they make their child play fallout 3.5, then they deserve to lose everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Zombie Boat posted:

I'm the monster in the background gnashing my teeth at these inferior "graphix"

That's not a monster, that's just want NPCs do sometimes.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Farm Frenzy posted:

The vault was designed to test if people with the same genes would act differently over multiple generations under the same circumstances, you are the MC but your generation is killed off when bandits/mercenaries hired by the institute break in looking for pure humans and destroy the reactor. They kidnap Shaun thinking he's perfect for their experiments only to find out, he and everyone else was a clone, and therefore useless. Shaun is raised by them, then he grows up and flees them, to found a slaver faction. He then develops a wasting disease all clones get after a few decades, you dont have it yet, since you wake later then him. But he thinks his clone parents DNA holds the cure to his sickness. At the end of the game, you can either kill him, and continue on, or let him kill you, so he can survive, you can then play on as him

Well it's not any dumber than FO3's ending.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I bet the game is going to have some shadows. Otherwise how would you hide in them with your stealthy sneaky man.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Mr_Wolf posted:

unless they make their child play fallout 3.5, then they deserve to lose everything.

but New Vegas was a good game?

Mr_Wolf
Jun 18, 2013

ymgve posted:

The making of Fallout 4 - article from Gameinformer (I assume)

Also Bethesda are idiots:

TODD! :argh:

Excuse my utter ignorance but what is a Python compiler and why am I disappointed it got took out?

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

Mr_Wolf posted:

Excuse my utter ignorance but what is a Python compiler and why am I disappointed it got took out?
They basically were gonna let you write code for a computer inside your computer game.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

It was gonna take hacking to the next level and force you to write a script to solve mastermind every time

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
why the long face

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

ymgve posted:

The making of Fallout 4 - article from Gameinformer (I assume)

Also Bethesda are idiots:

TODD! :argh:

lmfao it's literally the dreamboy scenario

Leinadi
Sep 14, 2009
Would it allow the user to fix the bugs in the game from within the game itself? That would be truly be next-gen.

:newlol:

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Why would you want to have a python compiler. What are you going to run around fizzbuzzing all over the wasteland. What does it bring to the table

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

projecthalaxy posted:

What does it bring to the table

bad programmers

Mr_Wolf
Jun 18, 2013

The Goatfather posted:

bad programmers

we could all roleplay being a bethesda programmer then

hurr

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord
If that's really the story that does sound lame, but at the same time I'm curious as to what current game has a deeper story than that?

Trustworthy
Dec 28, 2004

with catte-like thread
upon our prey we steal

Geoff Zahn posted:

If that's really the story that does sound lame, but at the same time I'm curious as to what current game has a deeper story than that?

I haven't played The Witcher 3 but obviously that's the goon-approved answer.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Geoff Zahn posted:

*pulls out story depth chart*

Oh hey it says here every game ever made.

The Droid
Jun 11, 2012

Shaquin posted:

A wall of retards clamoring for the chance to wallow in the muck and slop down gruel, haughtily rebuking any who take a position that is moderately critical.

HitmanAndQuitIt
Sep 13, 2002

dont take extercy
Guys... I'm pretty sure this game is just skyrim with guns

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

Psychotic Weasel posted:

The mansion gives me a real Lovecraftian vibe though, I really hope they left that overdone Cthulhu crap alone.

There is zero chance a Bethesda game set in New England does not contain copious Lovecraft references.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Edited to rephrase:

I will say that there seems to be an insane amount of hyperbole on all sides about this game and it's kind of crazy. There have been a ton of posts since I last checked the thread and they largely seem to be people arguing about the most minor of things.

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Nov 4, 2015

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Shaquin posted:

A wall of retards clamoring for the chance to wallow in the muck and slop down gruel, haughtily rebuking any who take a position that is moderately critical.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
A shot from that making of article.

Yeah that is not 269 people.

taco_fox
Dec 14, 2005

I heard this game is going to be Bad. confirm/deny?

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

ImpAtom posted:

Jesus Christ, I came to check one thing in this thread and it's been like 50,000 posts and all of them seem to be insane. What the hell have I missed?

saw xx new posts, checked thread and saw

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

taco_fox posted:

I heard this game is going to be Bad. confirm/deny?

CONFIRM

ive not played it yet but ive watched HOURs of streams and wow boy can i tell you its going to suck

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

ive not slept for 3 days... ive just been watching fallout4 videos and im loving angry

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

7c Nickel posted:

A shot from that making of article.

Yeah that is not 269 people.

The Witcher was made by half that many people for thirty dollars in a week.

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived

ImpAtom posted:

Jesus Christ, I came to check one thing in this thread and it's been like 50,000 posts and all of them seem to be insane. What the hell have I missed?

Nothing at all, thread is an unending back and forth between people who complain about the game and people who get upset when people complain about the game

Oh and there were some screenshots at one point maybe?

Sgt. Cosgrove
Mar 16, 2007

How about I bend your body into funny balloon animal shapes?

HitmanAndQuitIt posted:

Guys... I'm pretty sure this game is just skyrim with guns

It looks more like Oblivion with guns imo

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

Edited to rephrase:

I will say that there seems to be an insane amount of hyperbole on all sides about this game and it's kind of crazy. There have been a ton of posts since I last checked the thread and they largely seem to be people arguing about things.

I'm not a huge proponent of the entire 'Both Sides' bullshit outlook, but this is genuinely the case here, yes

Trustworthy
Dec 28, 2004

with catte-like thread
upon our prey we steal
VERILY, THE STAR CITIZEN OF OUR GENERATION

highmodulus
Feb 16, 2011

Let's go crazy Broadway style!
Great, now I want an Atom Cats leather jacket IRL.

If the game is simply Skyrim in Boston, + Guns +Power Armour - Magic that's all I need. Although a DLC where you murder mutant Yankee fans for a crazy Red Sox vendor would be a buy.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Effectronica posted:

What is your point? Games are inherently stupid and everything is awful? What a miserable way to live.

You and others complain about the most ridiculously petty bullshit and carry on for pages with it, would be the point. I absolutely won't begrudge anyone thinking there are weird graphical issues, poor AI, or not liking the change to the dialogue wheel. I won't even begrudge you lol map sure has a lot of water even though that water might be as content dense as the rest of the game for all anyone knows. And yes, some super fanboys are obfuscating some legitimate complaints.

But when you complain about stupid poo poo that only a complete autist would care about like how unrealistic the guns are, things not reacting realistically to being on fire, and invisible zone walls you just sound like a moron. Also complaining about "lore changes" when you are just some idiot on the internet makes you a giant baby bitch. If Bethesda thinks there should be a power armor gang then bad news for you friend: it's canon and no amount of forum posting is going to change it. If it really bothers you then here is an immersive reason; whichever rear end in a top hat I sold about 70 full suits of power armor to in FO3 hoofed it to Boston and made a killing.

Failboattootoot fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Nov 4, 2015

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord

Trustworthy posted:

I haven't played The Witcher 3 but obviously that's the goon-approved answer.

I looked up the Witcher 3 plot and it seems to be the main character trying to find his adopted daughter :confused:

hopterque posted:

*pulls out story depth chart*

Oh hey it says here every game ever made.

Oh hey how bout actual examples? I'm legit curious about which games have deeper stories, because as far as I can tell most of them are puddle deep trash

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

How about instead of quoting the number of employees at Bethesda Softworks, you try the number of employees at Bethesda Game Studios, the actual dev team? Novel idea. There are 1,947 people who work at BGS according to their corporate site; many of them small children.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Geoff Zahn posted:

Oh hey how bout actual examples? I'm legit curious about which games have deeper stories, because as far as I can tell most of them are puddle deep trash

Undertale, which also has terrible graphics.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Geoff Zahn posted:

I looked up the Witcher 3 plot and it seems to be the main character trying to find his adopted daughter :confused:

ahahahhaa

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Geoff Zahn posted:

Wolfenstein: TNO/TOB

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Geoff Zahn posted:

She's sexy with some nice titties and a good rear end

• Locked thread