Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shark Sandwich
Sep 6, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Montasque posted:

Yesterday Sean Hannity and Jamie Dupree were scratching their heads at Carson's popularity. They unskewed things by pointing out that Trump does way better in robo-call and online polls while Carson does much better in live caller polls. The theory is that people are embarrassed to tell another living person they are voting for Donald Trump.

I mean, I'm sure there's a statistically significant amount of this, but not an unskewable amount because unskewing is stupid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

The shadow Herbert Walker Bush casts over his sons is unsettling

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin

crazy cloud posted:

people beating up protesters at nuremburg Trump 2016 rallies.
As the primary voters get more emotionally-vested in the race, this is going to escalate to some pretty shocking levels.

Shark Sandwich
Sep 6, 2010

by R. Guyovich
Can't wait to join the yoogest, most luxurious paramilitary

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

crazy cloud posted:

It's actually true though, for example Boosted won't buy a Trumphat because he's scared of his neighbors knowing that he's a Trump supporter. And he is literally as rabid as they come, except for those people beating up protesters at nuremburg Trump 2016 rallies.

The polls actually are skewed, the GOP actually is this hosed. It is done. Hail Satan.

Are those gutless dwebs even going to vote

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

zen death robot posted:

I've seen a few Ben Carson bumper stickers and no Trump ones at all.

Maybe Trump supporters are just waiting for the right time to tell their neighbors

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

zen death robot posted:

Trump supporters have said they are afraid to have their cars keyed...

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

TheTatteredKing posted:

Are those gutless dwebs even going to vote

Maybe, maybe not, but either way they are having an impact on the poll #'s that are coming out right now, and if they're not going to vote then they also aren't actual Carson supporters either.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

Slaughterhouse-Ive posted:

The uniform shirts are actually gold, but after a few washes they tend to fade into a more bronze coloration.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
Lol at the people in this very thread that are still impressed by anything Christie has said or done.

It's scary how he might have been the establishment favorite had Bridgegate not broke.

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin

Slaughterhouse-Ive posted:

Gold digital combat uniforms for our Army. Literally unable to camouflage a soldier under any circumstances in any environment on the planet but they look really, really sharp.

Nouvelle Vague
Feb 16, 2011

Endut! Hoch Hech!

zen death robot posted:

I saw a large Trump campaign rally sign that someone taped to the back of their truck :911:, but no bumper stickers.

I'm honestly looking forward to Trump vs. Carson the most, mainly because I don't know what Trump would do.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Echo Chamber posted:

Lol at the people in this very thread that are still impressed by anything Christie has said or done.

It's scary how he might have been the establishment favorite had Bridgegate not broke.

He sounds and says things like a bully rear end in a top hat, and he's fat like the boss cutting your hours. He never stood a chance.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Rocks posted:

@BenjySarlin: Jeb on George HW: "All he would have to say is 'I'm disappointed in you' and it would send me into a deep spiraling depression for days"

Edit: beaten!!

Lol Jeb really is running to make daddy proud

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Rocks posted:

@BenjySarlin: Jeb on George HW: "All he would have to say is 'I'm disappointed in you' and it would send me into a deep spiraling depression for days"

Edit: beaten!!

Interesting electoral strategy to present yourself as some pussy-rear end daddy's boy. We will see if it pays off.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

zen death robot posted:

Meet my neighbor, but in his defense everyone already really dislikes him for being a dickhead. It really takes some balls to a Trump sticker on your $180,000 car.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Echo Chamber posted:

I think you got the wrong thread pal

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Montasque posted:

Funny how all those alpha male Trump supporters become pants-pissing beta bitches when push comes to shove :smug:

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
Jeb seems to think that the only way for him to present himself as a tough guy is to act like a fanatic when defending his father.

But not when defending his wife, of course. That'd be silly.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.
So the Iowa GOP won't credential the Daily Show to cover their "Growth and Opportunity Party" event, because they're afraid Noah will "insult or degrade Iowa."

Wonder if Trump is barred from attending?

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

I feel like Jeb never really knew himself until he started this campaign.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

OAquinas posted:

So the Iowa GOP won't credential the Daily Show to cover their "Growth and Opportunity Party" event, because they're afraid Noah will "insult or degrade Iowa."

It worked out a treat for them, too, judging by the TDS segment on the issue from last night.

memy
Oct 15, 2011

by exmarx

Echo Chamber posted:

It was a good speech though

I hate the fucker, but you have to give credit where credit's due

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/the-gops-primary-rules-might-doom-carson-and-cruz/

Interesting article on how the GOP will nominate a "moderate" due to Republicans in blue states having disproportionate power in the delegate race. Buy Rubio on Predict It.

Smoothrich
Nov 8, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

AngryBooch posted:

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/the-gops-primary-rules-might-doom-carson-and-cruz/

Interesting article on how the GOP will nominate a "moderate" due to Republicans in blue states having disproportionate power in the delegate race. Buy Rubio on Predict It.

Trump is the moderate, Carson is the conservative.. 538 is a bunch of jock sperg idiots

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin

AngryBooch posted:

Buy Rubio on Predict It.
How much would a man win if he bet the max (what is it, 800 bucks?) today for Rubio to win the GOP nom?

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Peachstapler posted:

How much would a man win if he bet the max (what is it, 800 bucks?) today for Rubio to win the GOP nom?

$850, doing some lovely mafs :eng101: you can make $425.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

Peachstapler posted:

Double your money!

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

I hope when all is over Jeb records a version of "Je t'aime ... moi non plus" with Trump.

Smoothrich
Nov 8, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
Might as well spend that 800 dollars on Star Conflict spaceships

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
it's so weird to me that Jeb doesn't even seem to be aware of how his daddy worship comes across. He's genuinely proud to be living in his fathers shadow and wants the whole world to know how excited he is about it!

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Montasque posted:

That's something a Jeb Bush supporter would say.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

A Neurotic Jew posted:

it's so weird to me that Jeb doesn't even seem to be aware of how his daddy worship comes across. He's genuinely proud to be living in his fathers shadow and wants the whole world to know how excited he is about it!

In the end as the world crumbles we realize jeb was actually the best president but had no ability to show this.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

AngryBooch posted:

Trump's biggest support is with moderate blue collar Republicans though... The North East is full of those people.

Smoothrich
Nov 8, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Montasque posted:

Trump's biggest support is with moderate blue collar Republicans though... The North East is full of those people.

538 is on another planet, they don't think Carson and Trump are real people as some kind of hilariously transparent editorial bias for an organization that says it's about numbers and logical prediction models instead of spin. So of course their coverage is all about Unskewing the Polls.

I guess reality has a corporate media bias

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
So today is the day Fox decides who will be on the FBN debate next Tuesday.

There is a high chance that there'll be a FOX poll released as a last minute scale tipping.

At the moment Christie and Huckabee are in danger of going to the kids table.

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

Jeb!

the exclamation point connotes excitement (for jebs dad)

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Patter Song posted:

There is a high chance that there'll be a FOX poll released as a last minute scale tipping.

Couldn't happen to a pair of nicer degenerate assholes.

Smoothrich posted:

538 is on another planet, they don't think Carson and Trump are real people as some kind of hilariously transparent editorial bias for an organization that says it's about numbers and logical prediction models instead of spin. So of course their coverage is all about Unskewing the Polls.

I guess reality has a corporate media bias

Well, Trump is about 5/6ths hairpiece and Carson may not actually have a pulse, so...

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

Patter Song posted:

God I hope they get dropped. Christie is so gross and annoying. The more time spent on Trump chainsaw-loving Jeb and Rubio the more valuable the debate will be for everyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

I want Christie to stay in the debates, but only so that he can shout WHY THE gently caress ARE WE TALKING ABOUT FANTASY FOOTBALL at random intervals. Whether they're talking about fantasy football or not.

• Locked thread