Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I now own Ameer Abdullah, Theo Riddick and Joique Bell in a league with deep benches what am I doing with my team :stonk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Catfish Noodlin posted:

I need to pick up a defense, Green Bay is available. Should I drop:

Arizona(on BYE)

or

Jordan Reed(I have Antonio Gates as well)

I'm kinda torn I'm leaning towards dropping Arizona as GB has a nice end to the season

Drop Arizona and either ride GB or stream from here on out.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Enforka posted:

By the way, I did this. I sent him an e-mail Monday night, and heavily hinted in the livechat that he should pick Williams up. The guy still didn't pick up Deangelo Williams with the #1 pick, of course, and my rival got him at #2, of course. I only wish I had the dude's phone number so I could've called him like I'm sure my rival did. Oh well, not much else I can do about it.

I call people in my league to remind them to set lineups when they play anyone ahead of me in rankings. We do FAAB Waivers but I like to mention waiver targets to my league mates when I know I won't be going after said targets.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Dropped Abdullah in all leagues. gently caress that guy.

Psikotik
Dec 17, 2002

Random more like ranDUMB
College Slice

RCarr posted:

Dropped Abdullah in all leagues. gently caress that guy.

This times a million.

SlipUp
Sep 30, 2006

stayin c o o l
I think I cooked up a fair trade proposal. would you accept?

Give:

Andy Dalton
Jeremy Langford

Get:

Chris Ivory

My RBs Died. All I got left is Charmander. He has Joe Flacco at QB and he has Gurley, Forte, and Forsett at RB also.

BrownClown
Dec 7, 2007

Will rap for smash leaks
Maclin was dropped to waivers. I know he's got Denver coming out of his BYE, but I might as well use my position (4 of 14) on him, right? That is, unless he gets snagged before me.

WRs: Julio, Jordan Matthews, Brandon LaFell, Jamison Crowder.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
I feel like I'm supposed to sit Carolina D this week against Green Bay but there basically aren't any decent options out there. I'm seeing the computers are ranking New Orleans decently high this week at home against Tennessee but can I really start NO over Carolina against anybody?

Also available:

Pitt v Oak
GB @ Car
TB v NYG
Mia @ Buf
Jax @ NYJ
Cle @ Cin

I only list so many teams because they all have more points this season than NO who I am considering starting over them.

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

gotta drop someone for a defense.. is Jordan Matthews the most droppable here? I'm ready to get off Chip's stupid ride

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

SlipUp posted:

I think I cooked up a fair trade proposal. would you accept?

Give:

Andy Dalton
Jeremy Langford

Get:

Chris Ivory

My RBs Died. All I got left is Charmander. He has Joe Flacco at QB and he has Gurley, Forte, and Forsett at RB also.

Depends on my team but I think it's a fair offer.

Piggles
Oct 10, 2006

Wilson with the Hail Mary to Tate!
I'm stupid not to take this right?

Give
Jeremy Langford

Get
Matt Forte
Brandon Lafell

My rb corps is hurt after I lost both Foster and Bell:
Jstew, charmander, forsett, bernard, DMC

Forsett and charmander are both on a bye but I'm comfortably in second place in the league so I can afford a loss if I get better pieces for later in the season.

Piggles fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Nov 4, 2015

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
Well, it's a satisfying Wednesday bearing the full fruit of fantasy football string-pulling

I'm currently third in one of my leagues with the most points scored by a great deal (had two really bad weeks - last week included). On Monday the following was going on in our $WW keeper league:
a) 4th place wanted to trade with 1st place and vice versa, but hadn't come to terms.
b) 1st place was in a position to pick up D-Willy
c) I had no remaining WW funbucks
d) 1st place talking a lot of poo poo yesterday (including mentioning he's going all-in on D-Willy)

So I convinced 4th out of negotiating a trade with 1st and instead trade with me and then I gave 4th a heads up on price so he could outbid 1st on D-Willy. I got Dion Lewis and gave up my LeVeon Bell for him (under the keeper pretext). Meanwhile, I'll keep AB84 this off-season. 1st was not pleased.

:)

Boon fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Nov 4, 2015

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Traded Rodgers, D Williams and my 18th for 17th round keeper Kelvin, CJ Anderson, and a First. That Yeldon for Luck trade finally paid off for me!

In related news, the L Bell owner dropped him to waivers in a keeper league.

zeldadude
Nov 24, 2004

OH SNAP!
Ugh, I need to pick up a QB and TE off FA due to luck being terrible and kelce's bye. How do you guys feel about these options?

Cutler @SD
Bortles @NYJ (would be a bad match up but jets D looked awful last week)
Winston vs NYG
Kaep vs ATL
Bradford @DAL
Mariota @NO

I'm leaning Cutler atm with Alshon back and Forte hurt. Bradford burned me too many times early in the season so I'm hesitant to trust him. loving Andrew Luck.

Also TE:
Reed @NE
Tamme @SF
Walker @NO
Fleener vs DEN (yuck)

Also missed DWilly by one waiver spot so I got Langford instead. Not my year :(

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine
Drop Luck for Bort. :colbert:
Kaep is not actually the starter anymore so, uh, not him. Also not him if he was starting.

(also Reed needs to be owned wtf so does Walker what is your league, 8 teams?)

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

BrownClown posted:

Maclin was dropped to waivers. I know he's got Denver coming out of his BYE, but I might as well use my position (4 of 14) on him, right? That is, unless he gets snagged before me.

WRs: Julio, Jordan Matthews, Brandon LaFell, Jamison Crowder.

Yes, he will easily be your 2nd best WR.

Varg posted:

gotta drop someone for a defense.. is Jordan Matthews the most droppable here? I'm ready to get off Chip's stupid ride

I'd drop Jennings or Amendola before Matthews.

Piggles posted:

I'm stupid not to take this right?

Give
Jeremy Langford

Get
Matt Forte
Brandon Lafell

My rb corps is hurt after I lost both Foster and Bell:
Jstew, charmander, forsett, bernard, DMC

Forsett and charmander are both on a bye but I'm comfortably in second place in the league so I can afford a loss if I get better pieces for later in the season.

Forte is injured and sounds somewhat bad, though they're not being very open about it that I've seen. Depends on how soon he comes back, obviously. If Langford is the starter and does OK for the next 3-4 weeks (or longer), this is a dumb trade for you.

zeldadude posted:

Ugh, I need to pick up a QB and TE off FA due to luck being terrible and kelce's bye. How do you guys feel about these options?

Cutler @SD
Bortles @NYJ (would be a bad match up but jets D looked awful last week)
Winston vs NYG
Kaep vs ATL
Bradford @DAL
Mariota @NO

I'm leaning Cutler atm with Alshon back and Forte hurt. Bradford burned me too many times early in the season so I'm hesitant to trust him. loving Andrew Luck.

Also TE:
Reed @NE
Tamme @SF
Walker @NO
Fleener vs DEN (yuck)

Also missed DWilly by one waiver spot so I got Langford instead. Not my year :(

Cutler or Bortles, and Reed easily.

Rorobb
Aug 17, 2005

This seems like a bit of a coinflip to me, but I might be biased because I've held on to Dez all year...

Give:
Dez
L. Murray

Get:
Amari Cooper
Ivory

I'm leaning towards reject but does anyone have any other opinions?

BrownClown
Dec 7, 2007

Will rap for smash leaks

RVProfootballer posted:

Yes, he will easily be your 2nd best WR.

That's what I figured. Jordan Matthews has been floundering but I hold out hope for him now that he's out his BYE.

zeldadude
Nov 24, 2004

OH SNAP!

365 Nog Hogger posted:

Drop Luck for Bort. :colbert:
Kaep is not actually the starter anymore so, uh, not him. Also not him if he was starting.

(also Reed needs to be owned wtf so does Walker what is your league, 8 teams?)

Yep, 8 team, sorry shouldve said that haha. And yeah not sure why I even bothered putting Kaep in there. I think I'm going Cutler. Or bort? gently caress, I don't know. Thanks guys.

Piggles
Oct 10, 2006

RVProfootballer posted:

Forte is injured and sounds somewhat bad, though they're not being very open about it that I've seen. Depends on how soon he comes back, obviously. If Langford is the starter and does OK for the next 3-4 weeks (or longer), this is a dumb trade for you.

What about in a different context, the trade doesn't process until next week and after that Chicago plays : Denver, stl, and green bay. All of which are stingy against the run.

After that gauntlet Forte presumably comes back.

Blimpkin
Dec 28, 2003
The guy I'm playing this week has Seahawks DST on bye and I have Cardinals DST on bye. I sent him a message saying if he's okay with dual goose eggs at D for the week I won't pick up a D. (Don't want to drop anyone in a 16team PPR)

Has anyone done this before? Also I'm very much in the playoff hunt and him and I are both 5-3, I'm hoping he agrees because there is nothing on the WW and would probably end up with a negative D for the week.

Piggles
Oct 10, 2006

Blimpkin posted:

The guy I'm playing this week has Seahawks DST on bye and I have Cardinals DST on bye. I sent him a message saying if he's okay with dual goose eggs at D for the week I won't pick up a D. (Don't want to drop anyone in a 16team PPR)

Has anyone done this before? Also I'm very much in the playoff hunt and him and I are both 5-3, I'm hoping he agrees because there is nothing on the WW and would probably end up with a negative D for the week.

If I had room I'd start a defense knowing you'd have to drop someone.

Blimpkin
Dec 28, 2003

Piggles posted:

If I had room I'd start a defense knowing you'd have to drop someone.

He has to drop and pick up someone too. With Hyde hurt and probably getting held out as the week progresses I'll probably be able to pick up a 1 day DST with Hyde going to my IR.

Would be fun to have our defenses both on BYEs though.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
If you both agree then it's fine but if Points For are any kind of tiebreaker for playoffs or whatever then I'd try to get a DST in there.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Blimpkin posted:

He has to drop and pick up someone too. With Hyde hurt and probably getting held out as the week progresses I'll probably be able to pick up a 1 day DST with Hyde going to my IR.

Would be fun to have our defenses both on BYEs though.

There's a higher chance that the 49ers shelve Hyde than he plays this weekend. You'll be good to go there.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Blimpkin posted:

I'd say this and add and start a DST at the last second. If you don't, he probably will.

The Aguamoose
Jan 10, 2006
"Yes, I remember the Aguamoose..."
I'm 8 - 0 in my main 14 team league and so am prepping for the playoffs, which in my league are weeks 15-17 for some dumb reason. All being well I'll get a week 15 bye (top 2 in regular season get one).

I just traded Eli, John Brown and Mathews for Cam Newton and Calvin Johnson as they have much better playoff schedules. Good trade?

My team is now:

Cam and Carr
Ivory, L Murray and... Michael
Julio, Demaryius, Allen Robinson, Calvin Johnson, Stevie Johnson
Delanie Walker
Catanzaro
Panthers and Jets

Anyone else I should be looking to flip, and who for? Could obviously do with some backup at RB.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Murphy Brownback posted:

I'd say this and add and start a DST at the last second. If you don't, he probably will.

And if you get that negative score...

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Silly Burrito posted:

And if you get that negative score...

You look like an idiot, but negative DST points aren't THAT common. I think a 1-2 point performance is more likely, and if you're trying to make the playoffs sometimes it comes down to margins that narrow.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

Murphy Brownback posted:

Then you two can have a cute lil "If You Like Pina Coladas" moment together

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Gonna offer the guy who beat me out on the waiver wire my Brandin Cooks for his DeAngelo Williams. That dude's got Devonta Freeman and Latavius Murray already and there's no flex spot in my league, and for three WR spots I've got Diggs/Martavis/L Fitzgerald/Crabtree/J Matthews so seems like a win-win to me? He's starting Torrey Smith at WR this week.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

No way in hell I'd trade Williams for Cooks. Even if I was desperate for WR, I could easily get someone better. Williams is gonna put up a ton of points ROS.

IKillForPie
Jan 13, 2006

Is that a pie in your pocket?
I'm in a 2 player keeper league (PPR). My season is pretty much shot so I was thinking of dropping one of my low WRs to pickup an IR player this week. Both Jamal Charles and Keenan Allen are available to be picked up as an IR stash.

I already have Bell stashed for next year as my first round pick - hence my 2-6 team going further into the dumpster fire. I was thinking of grabbing Charles just to stay on my bench until further notice. Should I be grabbing him right away or waiting until news of his recovery? I'm assuming there is no off-season trading going on so up until the playoffs are start I can make any changes I want.

Thoughts? (Thx)

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
If Fitzpatrick is out I think I'm gonna stream Jacksonville DST :getin:

E: also, I made a week 9 sit/start thread

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

RCarr posted:

No way in hell I'd trade Williams for Cooks. Even if I was desperate for WR, I could easily get someone better. Williams is gonna put up a ton of points ROS.
I get what you're saying. He should be trading some RB for a WR -he has Hillman and Matt Jones too in addition to the other guys mentioned-, but yeah he should probably try to hold out for a better deal. Oh well, if he doesn't take it, he can always send a counteroffer.

Fast Luck fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Nov 4, 2015

Psikotik
Dec 17, 2002

Random more like ranDUMB
College Slice

Chill Penguin posted:

If Fitzpatrick is out I think I'm gonna stream Jacksonville DST :getin:

E: also, I made a week 9 sit/start thread

A bad defense vs a semi good offense even with a poo poo QB doesn't work out very well.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

Psikotik posted:

A bad defense vs a semi good offense even with a poo poo QB doesn't work out very well.

I had picked up Jacksonville to cover for Arizona after Fitzpatrick got hurt, but dumped them for Buffalo. I'd much rather play a talented defense with a bad (? Who knows with Miami) matchup vs a bad defense in a good situation.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

Psikotik posted:

How do you account for the 24 fantasy points they scored against EJ Manuel & the Bills in Week 7? (before their bye, at that!)

Piggles
Oct 10, 2006

Murphy Brownback posted:

You look like an idiot, but negative DST points aren't THAT common. I think a 1-2 point performance is more likely, and if you're trying to make the playoffs sometimes it comes down to margins that narrow.

Just won by one point after Rodgers and Sanders combined for 11 points in my league.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anisocoria Feldman
Dec 11, 2007

I'm sorry if I'm spoiling everybody's good time.

I'm currently undefeated in a 14-team, full PPR, non-keeper NFL.com league, and I just received a trade proposal. His Keenan Allen and Leveon Bell for my Julio Jones.

How do I proceed?

• Locked thread