Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

projecthalaxy posted:

Someone made a build planner/character builder.

http://www.rpg-gaming.com/fo4.html

I'm ending up with 3-5 in everything. I want to start as a well-rounded human being and work my way up into being an ultra badass. Does anyone know how often we get more points?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Magmarashi posted:

Wolfenstein: TNO/TOB

lol

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
On the bright side, six less weeks of winter

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

ImpAtom posted:

I will say one thing:

I haven't kept up with the leaked screenshot brigade but the last I checked people were posting screenshots where shadows didn't exist and I can confirm that isn't accurate even with the pipboy light on. I don't know if more accurate screenshots have shown up since then.

Even the original reveal videos lacked shadows inside buildings, like everywhere inside your pre-war house. (There were shadows in the character builder screen but that seemed like a special case)

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

New Leaf posted:

I'm ending up with 3-5 in everything. I want to start as a well-rounded human being and work my way up into being an ultra badass. Does anyone know how often we get more points?

You can level attributes using a perk point or, i think, with bobbleheads

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

People were saying the no shadows thing even when you could clearly see shadows on screen because it was just another dumb thing to say about how bad this game is. There wasn't ever actually screenshots of no shadows, just people saying it.

Wait, are you telling me people are sensationalist assholes that will go out of their way to ignore evidence if it's contrary to their pre-existing beliefs?

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

People were saying the no shadows thing even when you could clearly see shadows on screen because it was just another dumb thing to say about how bad this game is. There wasn't ever actually screenshots of no shadows, just people saying it.

Please point to the shadows in the indoors section of this video

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

you're clearly making this up you sensationalist fraud.

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

drat, that's crazy! There really aren't any shadows as indicated by this footage of the release version of Fallout 4.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Rinkles posted:

You can level attributes using a perk point or, i think, with bobbleheads

Yeah bobbleheads give attributes. Also people already making their PCs keep in mind that you get the Perception one really early in the game

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
its sad to me that people want to go through life being thoroughly pessimistic about everything :smith:

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

Minorkos posted:

fallout 4 is a good, well-rounded game and i will buy it and play it
good, well-rounded

like a potato

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

Ash1138 posted:

good, well-rounded

like a potato

I like potatoes.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

rap music posted:

Nice try with that prerendered bullshit, Beturdsda. I'm smart enough to know that the graphics in the compressed as gently caress video streams are the true representation of the game's "quality."

Actually it's the graphics in the E3 reveal footage. I watched a couple of the leaked vids and said to myself drat, I don't remember this game looking this lovely. Then I went back to the E3 reveal and it turns out that they were. lovely is bit unfait, they aren't outrageously bad or anything on the whole, but there are some textures that just really stand out as crap. Feral Ghouls in particular look super drab.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

The guy at the door has a shadow, your face in the bathroom has shadows. Things in the kitchen cast only dim shadows because the kitchen is absurdly well lit so they can come back later and have it be all bombed out and terrible and dark looking not because the renderer couldn't handle shadows or something.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Fish Fry Andy posted:

How can you confirm this? Please post mad leak pictures, preferably of cats.

I can confirm it because I have played it. There are absolutely shadows in the game. I am fairly comfortable saying this because I don't think confirming that shadows exist in a game is a big thing.

...?

Sirbloody
Aug 21, 2005

Don't fuck with the Rabbi!
I just realized I have a 650 TI Boost, I need to upgrade my video card...

Sirbloody fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Nov 4, 2015

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

7c Nickel posted:

I like potatoes.
i know sometimes you just want a video game potato. can't have video game filet minion every day

Xii
Dec 27, 2011

Only the coldest prevail.
I loved the other fallouts by BS, so im optimistic.
Never really gave 2 shits about graphics in these kinds of games anyways. Its the story that matters for me.

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat
Bethesda should be classified an organisation sponsoring terrorism after this steamy delicious turd which I put in my mouth and swallow game.

The Droid
Jun 11, 2012

Xii posted:

I loved the other fallouts by BS, so im optimistic.
Never really gave 2 shits about graphics in these kinds of games anyways. Its the story that matters for me.

There's only been one other Fallout by BS?

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009
f

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Squeezy Farm posted:

[End Game Plot Spoiler]

Oh boy, I'm really glad this isn't some sort of carebear hugbox nanny thread so that we can have hard-hitting, critical discussions such as these!

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Magmarashi posted:

Oh boy, I'm really glad this isn't some sort of carebear hugbox nanny thread so that we can have hard-hitting, critical discussions such as these!

To be fair, it's Fallout, who actually cares about the plot.

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

Failboattootoot posted:

Actually it's the graphics in the E3 reveal footage. I watched a couple of the leaked vids and said to myself drat, I don't remember this game looking this lovely. Then I went back to the E3 reveal and it turns out that they were. lovely is bit unfait, they aren't outrageously bad or anything on the whole, but there are some textures that just really stand out as crap. Feral Ghouls in particular look super drab.

Please understand that any video you watch online (even at 1080p) is virtually always compressed and transcoded and as a result is going to be visually inferior to the in-game experience of the finished product.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I have to at least give them credit for not making you a replicant the entire time.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

"this game i just played would have been a really good game, except it was completely ruined by the lack of indoor shadows" -- millions of people after playing fallout 4

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
it's probably the worst fanbase to try to get a rise out of with plot spoilers because honestly who cares about what flavor the kill the bad guy and win the game is this time

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord
Ghouls looked better in FO3 imo

Then again its ghoulified Boston residents, so of course they will look like poo poo amirite

The Droid
Jun 11, 2012

RBA Starblade posted:

To be fair, it's Fallout, who actually cares about the plot.

People should care about the plot in RPGs, but nobody cares about the plot in Bethesda RPGs because they loving suck, as evidenced by that spoiler.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Geoff Zahn posted:

Ghouls looked better in FO3 imo

theres no sexy ghoul cowgirls in fo3...

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

The Droid posted:

People should care about the plot in RPGs, but nobody cares about the plot in Bethesda RPGs because they loving suck, as evidenced by that spoiler.

nobody ever played the skyrim main quest or civil war quests more than once over multiple playthroughs, because they were the worst content in the game

standard bethesda fare

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

Geoff Zahn posted:

I looked up the Witcher 3 plot and it seems to be the main character trying to find his adopted daughter :confused:

I looked up the Fallout 1 plot and it seems to be the main character trying to find a computer chip.

Mediocrity Goggles
Mar 20, 2009

Looking at it the wrong way.
Yeah if anything this game is trying to go more Borderlands style shooty than actually trying to be an RPG. I'm sure old fans will probably hate that a bit, but we probably saw this coming from miles away. I dunno, it looks fun to mess around in at least, because I'm a sucker for open world poo poo.

E: Also, ever since the E3 presentation, I had a huge feeling that the entire main plot was gonna revolve around that baby, and sure enough...

Mediocrity Goggles fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Nov 4, 2015

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I looked up the Bad Dudes main plot and it seems to be about saving the president's daughter.

The Droid
Jun 11, 2012

Huh, it looks like in Fallout 2 you start out as "the chosen one" how cliche :rolleyes:

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

The Droid posted:

Huh, it looks like in Fallout 2 you start out as "the chosen one" how cliche :rolleyes:

nevermind that the plots of the witcher 1 and 2 is all :airquote: amnesia :airquote: which is the oldest backstory copout in the book

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro
I think it's safe to say that literally any plot will sound dumb if you condense it to one sentence with an intentional goal of making it sound shallow and dumb.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Mediocrity Goggles posted:

Yeah if anything this game is trying to go more Borderlands style shooty than actually trying to be an RPG. I'm sure old fans will probably hate that a bit, but we probably saw this coming from miles away. I dunno, it looks fun to mess around in at least, because I'm a sucker for open world poo poo.

E: Also, ever since the E3 presentation, I had a huge feeling that the entire main plot was gonna revolve around that baby, and sure enough...

Game developers are aging and now half the plots are about their insecurities about their new fatherhood

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

The Goatfather posted:

"this game i just played would have been a really good game, except it was completely ruined by the lack of indoor shadows" -- millions of people after playing fallout 4

Also you can easily click the link and see there are clearly indoor shadows even in your house and literally one scene takes place in an extremely overly brightly lit room that has dimmer shadows for thematic reasons. Where the guy at the door casts the first shadow into your life to ask if you know about the war coming. (and then a nuclear war kills everyone).

I mean complain about the visual symbolism being dumb or whatever but don't act like it's some graphics issue removing shadows from that scene.

• Locked thread