Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Ape Has Killed Ape posted:

That dude is lucky his lungs didn't pop. Jesus that was stupid.

Lungs didn't pop and presumably didn't freeze anything, but is that poo poo toxic to ingest? I'd imagine not, since it has to be used for emergencies around people, but still...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

chitoryu12 posted:

Lungs didn't pop and presumably didn't freeze anything, but is that poo poo toxic to ingest? I'd imagine not, since it has to be used for emergencies around people, but still...

I don't know if it's toxic, but from experience when some drunk guy emptied one of those into my dorm room freshman year, it irritates the hell out of your eyes and respiratory system (and is also a nightmare to clean up). I'd have to imagine doing that had to be at least very painful.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009

chitoryu12 posted:

It's essentially baking soda, as it appeared to be dry chem.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Wanamingo posted:

Fluoride is a naturally occurring element in water, and part of what happens with fluoridation is making sure drinking water has the right level of the stuff. Sometimes this means adding it in, sometimes it means taking it out. Texas happens to be naturally high in flouride, so most likely they're ending up with more of it than before.

Stop disrupting the narrative!

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

Celery Face posted:

It's probably not a good idea to loudly preach when it's Sunday morning and people are trying to sleep in. Skip to 14:30 if you don't want to watch the whole thing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r86-nT7p1L4
(Sorry if this one was already posted)

"i'm okay, i'm okay" *blood runs down go-pro*

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

Well, maybe the Mets will win in 2016 or 2018...

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

He can always get "Not the..." on top of it, or "Runner Up" on the bottom.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Get the A lasered off and replaced with a U.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Celery Face posted:

It's probably not a good idea to loudly preach when it's Sunday morning and people are trying to sleep in. Skip to 14:30 if you don't want to watch the whole thing.

Dude needs to read Mathew 6-5 to 6-7

quote:

When you pray, you are not to be like the hypocrites; for they love to stand and pray in the synagogues and on the street corners so that they may be seen by men. Truly I say to you, they have their reward in full. 6"But you, when you pray, go into your inner room, close your door and pray to your Father who is in secret, and your Father who sees what is done in secret will reward you. 7"And when you are praying, do not use meaningless repetition as the Gentiles do, for they suppose that they will be heard for their many words.…

Then again; that would mean reading the entire bible and not just the parts he cherry picks.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

No they'll just ship the tattoo to poor kids in the Sudan.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

ratbert90 posted:

Then again; that would mean reading the entire bible and not just the parts he cherry picks.

He specifically calls other people out for not reading the bible too which I found particularly amusing.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Celery Face posted:

Atheism is the true path.

But seriously that guy got #rekt. I almost feel bad for him. Then I remember that dude came out of his house in his underwear at what must have been like 9 AM on a Sunday. gently caress that preacher dude.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Jastiger posted:

Atheism is the true path.

But seriously that guy got #rekt. I almost feel bad for him. Then I remember that dude came out of his house in his underwear at what must have been like 9 AM on a Sunday. gently caress that preacher dude.

Like ostensibly, I don't approve of beating up the dude for something relatively harmless. At the same time, he was annoying the gently caress out of everyone and ignored non-violent attempts to get him to stop.

Maybe this was God's way of telling him "Stop yelling poo poo at people in the suburbs."

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Wonder if dude got charged with assault.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

GOD FORGIVES!

...but I will get you arrested and sue.

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce

chitoryu12 posted:

Like ostensibly, I don't approve of beating up the dude for something relatively harmless. At the same time, he was annoying the gently caress out of everyone and ignored non-violent attempts to get him to stop.

Maybe this was God's way of telling him "Stop yelling poo poo at people in the suburbs."

You know that guy does that literally every Sunday, too. And he wears the camera because he's been probably threatened with trespassing, probably punched before. Especially downtown where I live there are Jehovah's Witnesses on every corner and the infamous "Repent to Jesus, Ye Sinners" dude with a microphone, but he probably knows well enough not to specifically harass people or get his face punched in.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
Should help everyone in this thread. Drag video and Drop it, becomes gif.

http://mortenjust.github.io/droptogif/

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Speaking of shithead "preachers" getting hosed up, skip to 2:40.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3YIIDgSkiA

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Celery Face posted:

Also he's insulting Catholics outside their church, jackass thinks himself some kind of modern day Martin Luther

guy sounds like he's reciting chick tracts.

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Ass, gas, or grass. No one rides for free.

ratbert90 posted:

Mark 16:15 NKJV
“And He said to them, ‘Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature.'”

Psalms 96:3 NKJV
“Declare His glory among the nations, His wonders among all peoples.”

Matthew 28:19-20 NKJV
“Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.”

It's almost like the bible is an internally inconsistent mess indicative of a work cobbled together by men instead of being the work of an infallible god or something. Weird.

Preemptive:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

More Political/Millionaire Schadenfreude: Issue 3, the marijuana legalization effort in Ohio which was expected to be a close race, fails hard, going down 64%-36%.

http://ballotpedia.org/Ohio_Marijuana_Legalization_Initiative,_Issue_3_%282015%29

http://www.10tv.com/content/stories/2015/11/03/electionday2015-marijuana-legalization-fails.html

The schadenfreude doesn't lie with weed failing, but with ResponsibleOhio, the PAC funded by 20 millionaires who would've had exclusive rights to grow commercial marijuana on 10 farms in the state. (The most hilarious investor revealed was Nick Lachey of 98 Degrees fame.) They'd felt some backlash from pro-legalization individuals and groups who want it "done right" (using other states as models) and only more hardcore legalization supporters really having their back (the type who would call you a cocksucking retard and wish AIDS upon your family for daring to have even slightly different views). They'd also picked up a perception of being dirty/shady with some of their tactics and campaign ads.

The biggest laugh is how they handled it, going for the gold right out of the gate in a state of old Conservatives. 90% of people surveyed by WBNS just before the election were fine with medical marijuana, and it might have passed had it been their only aim. Instead, they went for it all and got their asses handed to them.

CBJSprague24 has a new favorite as of 19:19 on Nov 4, 2015

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
That preacher sounds a LOT like the freeman of the land idiot who got tasered when trying to enter a courtroom.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
So here in Illinois, there was a much-loved cop that went missing and was eventually found dead. Over 300,000 bucks was spent trying to find the guy, his killers, whatever. Of course, lots of conservatives blamed Black Lives Matter for it. Lots of talk about how he was such a nice guy, totally a hero, etc.

Turns out, he killed himself because he and some other cops had been embezzling money for a while now, and he was acutely aware that the higher-ups were going to find out about it.

MisterBibs has a new favorite as of 19:38 on Nov 4, 2015

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

MisterBibs posted:

So here in Illinois, there was a much-loved cop that went missing and was eventually found dead. Over 300,000 bucks was spent trying to find the guy, his killers, whatever. Of course, lots of conservatives blamed Black Lives Matter for it. Lots of talk about how he was such a nice guy, totally a hero, etc.

Turns out, he killed himself because he and some other cops had been embezzling money for a while now, and he was acutely aware that the higher-ups were going to find out about it.

I have been laughing about this all morning. After they couldn't find the "three guys" he was "pursuing" after several hours I told my roommate he probably tripped and shot himself or something.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

MisterBibs posted:

Good.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

MisterBibs posted:

The month old Unsolved Mystery thread about it on Reddit is funny.

https://www.reddit.com/r/UnresolvedMysteries/comments/3ks3v0/what_happened_to_lt_joe_gliniewicz/

"source: my father is a cop and I believe him unconditionally" :effort:

"welp. that didn't work out so well for me."

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Solice Kirsk posted:

Wonder if dude got charged with assault.

Probably not as the preacher could have been inciting or causing a public nuisance. After all, why the hell was he filming this with a go-pro unless to bring action towards someone?

88h88 posted:

GOD FORGIVES!

...but I will get you arrested and sue.

Possibly in lieu of having solid employment.

MisterBibs posted:

Maker Of Shoes posted:

The month old Unsolved Mystery thread about it on Reddit is funny.

https://www.reddit.com/r/UnresolvedMysteries/comments/3ks3v0/what_happened_to_lt_joe_gliniewicz/

"source: my father is a cop and I believe him unconditionally" :effort:

"welp. that didn't work out so well for me."

"Should I reevaluate my thought process for assuming the police are always honest? Nah! Must be a one-off."

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

Probably not as the preacher could have been inciting or causing a public nuisance. After all, why the hell was he filming this with a go-pro unless to bring action towards someone?

"Should I reevaluate my thought process for assuming the police are always honest? Nah! Must be a one-off."

Is "he was a public nuisance" an affirmative defense against assault? Would most people not believe, in the absence of evidence to the contrary, the opinion of their father about one of his co-workers? Am I taking crazy pills?

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

MisterBibs posted:

Is there an article that describes how he set up the scene to make it look like not a suicide? Like some kinda Rube Goldberg contraption to fire the gun, but made from ice that melted away or something?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Snapchat A Titty posted:

Is there an article that describes how he set up the scene to make it look like not a suicide? Like some kinda Rube Goldberg contraption to fire the gun, but made from ice that melted away or something?

He had the air tight plan to shoot himself in the chest through his vest after calling in saying he was chasing 3 suspects. Then probably counted on his cop buddies to not look into it too much and just arrest 3 random people and sentence them to life.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
Even better schadenfreude is found in the comments on the Fox article on the suicide revelation. Link: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/11/04/investigators-conclude-that-illinois-police-officer-committed-suicide/?intcmp=hplnws

The article's writing is bad enough, but those commenters' heads are about to explode in confusion.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Solice Kirsk posted:

He had the air tight plan to shoot himself in the chest through his vest after calling in saying he was chasing 3 suspects. Then probably counted on his cop buddies to not look into it too much and just arrest 3 random people and sentence them to life.

The one time railroading innocent people into prison didn't pan out. lol

Inco
Apr 3, 2009

I have been working out! My modem is broken and my phone eats half the posts I try to make, including all the posts I've tried to make here. I'll try this one more time.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

Or maybe, just maybe, everyone involved in this is a shithead and one should get cited for causing a public nuisance, and the other should be arrested for battery because the proper response to a public nuisance is not to enter "violent rear end in a top hat" mode.

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce
What's also funny is that when it was first reported, he was made out to be this sainted "Chicago-area cop," even though it's probably closer to Milwaukee than Chicago. Now that it's been ruled a suicide, the same news outlets are calling him an "Illinois" cop. Both are technically correct; but now Chicago doesn't want him.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
He had extensive experience staging fake crime scenes.

Huh

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Chicago should just claim him. We have tons of lovely cops. Whats one more?

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.

chitoryu12 posted:

Speaking of shithead "preachers" getting hosed up, skip to 2:40.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3YIIDgSkiA

This wasn"t fun. Yeah it's a couple of judgmental idiots with a sign, but they didn't deserve or need a beatdown. I guess the schadenfreude is seeing the fat dude getting picked up by the cops at the end.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Parkingtigers posted:

This wasn"t fun. Yeah it's a couple of judgmental idiots with a sign, but they didn't deserve or need a beatdown. I guess the schadenfreude is seeing the fat dude getting picked up by the cops at the end.

I know its wrong, but I have no problem beating the poo poo out of any bigot. I feel like their obvious stupidity makes the conversational route impossible so physical criticism is the best solution.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

TotalLossBrain posted:

Even better schadenfreude is found in the comments on the Fox article on the suicide revelation. Link: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/11/04/investigators-conclude-that-illinois-police-officer-committed-suicide/?intcmp=hplnws

The article's writing is bad enough, but those commenters' heads are about to explode in confusion.

Except this gem. This needs to be framed or put in a hall of fame somewhere.