Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy

MurderBot posted:

Out of curiosity, if you fail out of TBS what happens? I would assume a loss of commission and essentially a 6 year commitment as an enlisted dude? Or are you straight up kicked out?

It's really rare, they find most of the really bad dumbasses in OCS. If you screw up bad but non-egregiously expect a recycle to Week 1 and you can try again. For catastrophically idiotic events, if you came in via ECP or MECEP and have obligated service, you probably revert to your enlisted rank (unless it was like, UCMJ-chargeable and they kick you out). Otherwise (and this is where you'd be, I think) you can expect an administrative separation.

We had a guy go all the way through TBS twice. He got recycled for an "ethical failure" in like week 20, was in limbo for a while, showed up with my company Week 1 and was almost at the end then did ANOTHER idiotic thing. You can't recycle twice, so they had to either separate him or not, and he was a prior SSgt or something with a bunch of years and a brand new kid. They ended up sticking him in a supply warehouse where he couldn't hurt anybody somewhere I think.

This is the guy who got to ask the Commandant his-goddamn-self a question during his visit and led with "Sir we were in the field last week and my baby boy, I love my baby boy, he peed, he peed by himself for the very first time, and I wanted to know how you balance work and home as an officer."

Also he instagrammed himself CONSTANTLY.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bob A Feet
Aug 10, 2005
Dear diary, I got another erection today at work. SO embarrassing, but kinda hot. The CO asked me to fix up his dress uniform. I had stayed late at work to move his badges 1/8" to the left and pointed it out this morning. 1SG spanked me while the CO watched, once they caught it. Tomorrow I get to start all over again...
You really can't fail TBS. I didn't try and got top third of my class. Just don't cheat and you're pretty much guaranteed to pass. Get an air contract if you can. I'm sure over designed covered most everything but feel free to PM me.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Fair points. I was more just wondering if someone straight up failed a ruck march. But I also figure it's probably second nature by the time you get to that.

Second meeting tomorrow. Yay

post OSO meeting: It's pretty much been solidified that none of the recruiting NCO's nor the OSO thinks that getting guaranteed flight contract with an age waiver is doable. They think that I have a better shot than most if I can knock out a 300 PFT, along with my masters/medical experience, but they mentioned that the waiver is, I believe a garrison waiver rather than a division waiver? Either way, they kind of were hinting at going open contract and playing the odds, and of course let me know that infantry officers have huge penis's to bludgeon terrorists etc etc...

Nice and hot piss fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Nov 4, 2015

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.
Your odds of flight school on an open contract are 0.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

joat mon posted:

Your odds of flight school on an open contract are 0.

But your odds of being a platoon leader for bulk fuel are like 18:5

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Booblord Zagats posted:

But your odds of being a platoon leader for bulk fuel are like 18:5

Doesn't reserve components work a bit different with job placement rather than sheer needs of the corpse? My greatest fear in life would be getting a Motor T or Supply billet.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

MurderBot posted:

Doesn't reserve components work a bit different with job placement rather than sheer needs of the corpse? My greatest fear in life would be getting a Motor T or Supply billet.

Normally it's whatever of the 4 closest units needs the slot filled for reserve officers

e: this is according to what a few of my old unit's supply officers told me

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

That's somewhat what I got pitched. Was more of a "you can choose a place to live and within that area you're given an MOS or you can choose a list of MOS's and if you get one of your few picks then you're required to find transportation to that unit."

red19fire
May 26, 2010

MurderBot posted:

I was switched to open contract (never admit to doing :catdrugs: ever) and had a 285 PFT, expert marksman, 99 ASVAB.

MOTOR T BITCH

VV I hit the halfway point at 9 minutes and decided I could take it easy. Final time was like 19:15, fastest I've ever run in my life. Even as an Oki super stud LCPL the best I ever did was the high 20's.

But didn't you know, if you get a 300 PFT Recon battalion kidnaps you out of your bunk and sends you directly to recon school! /PFC UNDERGROUND

red19fire fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Nov 4, 2015

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
If you had been in the 300 club you might have got a waiver.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
My fastest and only 3 mile run ever was around 22 minutes. gently caress some 6 minute mile nonsense.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

last PFT I did was 17:32 run with 100 crunches, but I'm not debba dog enough to get more than 12 pullups :(

Bob A Feet
Aug 10, 2005
Dear diary, I got another erection today at work. SO embarrassing, but kinda hot. The CO asked me to fix up his dress uniform. I had stayed late at work to move his badges 1/8" to the left and pointed it out this morning. 1SG spanked me while the CO watched, once they caught it. Tomorrow I get to start all over again...
Max max relax bro. The secret to first class.

Seriously, if you don't get a first class, you're worthless.

What I'm saying is, nicely, get twenty pull ups.

USMC503
Jan 15, 2012

For satisfactory performance while under the effects of hostile enemy alcohol.

Bob A Feet posted:

Max max relax bro. The secret to first class.

Seriously, if you don't get a first class, you're worthless.

What I'm saying is, nicely, get twenty pull ups.

I am going to quote Bob a feet in unironic agreement.

Install a pull up bar in like your office or bedroom doorway or somewhere else you frequent in the house. Every time you pass through that doorway, crank out a max set. That's what I did before I went to boot for like a month and I went able to do 18 (ironically boot itself fatigued my muscles so much I was only able to do 16 on the final pft, but whatevs).

E: I started off being able to do 13.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
you dont really need to max 2 things to get 1st class score tho. just make sure to get the 100 crunches then the pullups and run you can kinda slack off on

also lol gently caress you if you still have to worry bout dumb poo poo like pft scores

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy
I think we can all agree that if you don't get the 100 crunches, you're a little bitch.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

overdesigned posted:

I think we can all agree that if you don't get the 100 crunches, you're a little bitch.

or you were paired with a buddy fucker

vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners
if i could get a 1st class pft after not running for 3 years, then anyone can.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN
1st class PFTs are for dicksucks.

Do you really want to be the first guy to pick up e4?

No.

You don't.

vains
May 26, 2004

being a cpl was cool. instead of picking up trash, you got to closely supervise other people picking up trash.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

MassivelyBuckNegro posted:

being a cpl was cool. instead of picking up trash, you got to closely supervise other people picking up trash.

you liked it cuz you got to peep dicks as part of your job

you loving meat gazer

vains
May 26, 2004

dick watching is just one of the perks.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Same

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

or you were paired with a buddy fucker

Seriously. Who the fucks counts crunches?

Seriously. Who actually meat gazes

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

If I was in the same boot drop as you and you're shadowing me on a police call you better sleep with one eye open cuz I'll be shooting TWO STRIPES of disgruntled mung across your moto back piece when I violently reclaim my honor.

vains
May 26, 2004

id just roll over and catch it in my mouth because im gay

vains
May 26, 2004

Booblord Zagats posted:

Seriously. Who actually meat gazes

when you've got little retard babies who cant pee in front of people, its funny to actually observe the stream exit the tip.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

when you've got little retard babies who cant pee in front of people, its funny to actually observe the stream exit the tip.

You mean erotic instead of funny, don't you Veins?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
I had multiple UAs where I needed to poo poo so bad I couldn't piss without risking it so I made them watch as I sat in a stall and pissed while making GBS threads.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Looking back it was probably the 12 pack I drank every night.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Mr. Nice! posted:

I had multiple UAs where I needed to poo poo so bad I couldn't piss without risking it so I made them watch as I sat in a stall and pissed while making GBS threads.

Everybody didn't do this?

lol if you weren't using piss test time to get some shitter reading done

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

we had a dude in my unit who was clearly retarded, dumb as gently caress who could follow commands really well.

in the stall next to me, there he was, telling the pecker checker "I can't pee s'arrnt!". The UA administering sarcastically said "Well try sticking your finger up your rear end and see if you can push some pee out." not 2 seconds later.. "NO DON"T ACTUALLY STICK YOUR FINGER UP YOUR rear end, WHAT THE gently caress!".

Gotta love stupid people and UA's.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

MurderBot posted:

we had a dude in my unit who was clearly retarded, dumb as gently caress who could follow commands really well.

in the stall next to me, there he was, telling the pecker checker "I can't pee s'arrnt!". The UA administering sarcastically said "Well try sticking your finger up your rear end and see if you can push some pee out." not 2 seconds later.. "NO DON"T ACTUALLY STICK YOUR FINGER UP YOUR rear end, WHAT THE gently caress!".

Put this in the goddamed OP fuckin STAT

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
smeper fi, marine corpse

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

MurderBot posted:

The finest fighting force in human history :allears:

Helldump Immunity.
Aug 2, 2013

Fuck you
proud of u debba dawgs

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy

Booblord Zagats posted:

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Booblord Zagats posted:

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

MurderBot posted:

How'd this all end? Don't make my dick move without direction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Kawasaki Nun posted:

How'd this all end? Don't make my dick move without direction.

After the initial yelling of SGT. Dick Watch, the private was like "you told me too!" in which me and a few other individuals attempting to pee couldn't stop laughing. SGT. Dick Watch yelled back at him "YOU CANT FORCE PEE OUT YOUR loving rear end in a top hat. GET THE gently caress BACK AT THE END OF THE LINE!"

It took about 10 minutes before the entire company to find out that the dude..... in the words of the UA Sgt. "Stuck his entire finger and part of his fist up his rear end/butt cheeks". The guy was already quiet but it was on a whole new level, and every so often for the next few months people would make subtle jokes about it.

• Locked thread