Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Meth Aesthetic
Sep 2, 2011

I'm doin alright
Lipstick Apathy

Steve2911 posted:

In anyfink in life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devol_Tettran
Sep 3, 2011

Clever Betty
:siren: Firesale :siren:

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

onoflalks posted:

Did the woman they were pitching to say "waste of time"?

Nah, Natalie said that, very loudly and obviously, while they were only half out the door. Because she's professional.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Charlene with a task saving deal :stare:

Meth Aesthetic
Sep 2, 2011

I'm doin alright
Lipstick Apathy
That "hungry caterpillar thing" would be a cocoon, Shuga.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Alan Sugar does not know the word cocoon.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
The fakest of coughs

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Rarity posted:

The fakest of coughs

If I was using that as an excuse I'd have spent the night gargling gravel and glue to make it seem at least vaguely convincing.

Devol_Tettran
Sep 3, 2011

Clever Betty
I want to see a task selling black market petrol and US stockings and we'll see how well the spiv does.

drat you Charlene and your 11th hour sales.

Meth Aesthetic
Sep 2, 2011

I'm doin alright
Lipstick Apathy
I feel sorry for Sam to be honest, he tried his best :(

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Natalie's gone, girl probably played up working in a Waterstones as being client relations for them

Meth Aesthetic
Sep 2, 2011

I'm doin alright
Lipstick Apathy
Holy poo poo, Brett is going all out

Devol_Tettran
Sep 3, 2011

Clever Betty
Don't say it was desperation Selina.... not in the boardroom.

Why Brett? Bad choice there.

lets go swimming
Sep 6, 2012

EAT THE CHEESE, NICHOLSON!

Meth Aesthetic posted:

I feel sorry for Sam to be honest, he tried his best :(

He is dogshit to be fair.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I don't think Sam knows much about this show.

Meth Aesthetic
Sep 2, 2011

I'm doin alright
Lipstick Apathy
The hoarse throat has magically disappeared

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Lord Sugar's pissed that Sam is stealing his 'build the anticipation' gimmick

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

That "nervous around Karen" thing came out of nowhere and was awkward as gently caress.

Devol_Tettran
Sep 3, 2011

Clever Betty

Steve2911 posted:

That "nervous around Karen" thing came out of nowhere and was awkward as gently caress.

I poo poo you not.

Well, that was the most boring episode so far. We'll see if it all goes Chuckle Brothers next week.

Devol_Tettran fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Nov 4, 2015

Meth Aesthetic
Sep 2, 2011

I'm doin alright
Lipstick Apathy
Valente is looking as ridiculous as ever

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Devol_Tettran posted:

Well, that was the most boring episode so far.

This season is lacking a really big entertaining personality :(

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
Shame, the losing team had the better book by miles. I'd read that to the kids I work with. poo poo team though. Poor Sam :(

Devol_Tettran
Sep 3, 2011

Clever Betty
A Thug Life joke on YF? Really?

Cunning Plan
Apr 15, 2003
I'm so glad I didn't turn off you're fired and got to see Claude reading the bee story...

Devol_Tettran
Sep 3, 2011

Clever Betty
My god, Claude the narrator. Magnificent.

Natalie appears to be the unholy combination of Kerry Katona with Guy Martin's voice.

The Supreme Court
Feb 25, 2010

Pirate World: Nearly done!
I'm amazed Sam made it through that episode, especially for his bumbling in the board room

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Rarity posted:

Natalie's gone, girl probably played up working in a Waterstones as being client relations for them

And yet seemed stumped that a retailer would look at %age discount from retail to make purchasing decisions.

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
The Yank was invisible again and I'm glad of it.

And Team Stinkydink was robbed.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
Correct person got fired imo. She was poo poo at faking illness, any fat child in the country faking their way out of PE could put her to shame. Also, snottydink made me think of... the thing they were able to reference on Red Dwarf without getting into trouble. :/

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer

Devol_Tettran posted:

I poo poo you not.

Well, that was the most boring episode so far. We'll see if it all goes Chuckle Brothers next week.

Yeah, it was. I've done a bit of book writing and illustrating for children and was really interested to see how they would handle this episode. I dunno what I was expecting, but both the books looked crappy as hell, with the Stinkydink one just winning out for the images. That percentage woman was kind of a cow TBH, do you think they asked her to be extra mean and demanding to them?

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear

quote:

Oi poo poo you not, Karren was there and she absolutely got her arse in her hands...

Best boardroom line in years imo. :love:

Fatty
Sep 13, 2004
Not really fat
You can take 150 copies at £4.20, or 50 copies at £3.50.

Great bulk deal there Selina.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

I wonder how skewed the sales process was given that the shop owners probably knew they were being approached by Apprentice contestants being filmed for an episode. If I were approached I'd buy a bunch of copies for sure regardless of how poo poo the product is or how inappropriate it is for my store knowing I could probably sell them to curiosity seekers when the episode airs.

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

Fatty posted:

You can take 150 copies at £4.20, or 50 copies at £3.50.

Great bulk deal there Selina.

I thought I must have misheard that when it was on, but no she really said it.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
Same. I assumed I was being dumb.

Never do that when watching this show, I guess.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Even independent book retailers usually have a discount floor at ~45% and would be looking at 52-55% for anything 'bulk' or for promotion.

Which is just to say the whole concept of them actually selling them to the retailers is bunk put on for camera; which is logically obvious anyway.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Hey, gang. How's tricks?

I'm slowly catching up with this, just watching episode 2 now, storyboarding cool adverts in my head. Rough tough cowboy with gritty sandy hair chops the top off a cactus, squeezes out the juice, squeezing cactus morphs to bottle of shampoo, shot of hair washing in a river or whatever, shot of nice shiny hair, boom. Task won.

I'm amazed that the teams consistently make mistakes we've seen over and over again for years. Does nobody watch the show before they apply?

Devol_Tettran
Sep 3, 2011

Clever Betty

gret posted:

If I were approached I'd buy a bunch of copies for sure regardless of how poo poo the product is or how inappropriate it is for my store knowing I could probably sell them to curiosity seekers when the episode airs.

They must have a run of books done - so where do they go? Split between contestants and the BBC crew? You'd think trickling out a few on Ebay would be lucrative.

sebzilla posted:

Does nobody watch the show before they apply?

At this point, they must use this question as a filter during the applications. Anyone stating 'yes' or showing knowledge of previous years goes straight in the bin.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Glad Natalie went to be honest, I know it was probably the selective edits but her constant outraged expressions were starting to irritate me and her pitching has been laughably poor given its one of her key skills apparently. Bonus lols when she spent the taxi ride slagging off Brett, surpassed my hope of a 'Lord Sugar will be begging to get involved with my business this time next year' gold.

David definitely a front runner I think, doesn't piss anyone off and seems like a cuddly puppy of a man, yet smashed it when he was PM.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

Moisture rife.

• Locked thread