Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Borsche69 posted:

That's a good question, given this game is set 200 years after the Bombs fell, and that you would think people would be tired of living in their own filth and rubble, and might actually try to clean up and rebuild.

They didn't in the NCR, they won't in Boston.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

RBA Starblade posted:

They didn't in the NCR, they won't in Boston.

They did, in the NCR, or haven't you heard of Fallout 1 & 2.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Did anyone happen to upload the PC stream from last night somewhere?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

My vault 111 bobblehead turned up in the post today. Last of my preorder swag before the game itself, feeling hype

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Borsche69 posted:

That wasnt even 200 years after, they cleaned up seemingly right away becase thats what you do after a disaster

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Borsche69 posted:

New Vegas, whatever. Everywhere is always a dirty shithole. Just look at the NCR/Ranger grand monument made of the finest scrap metal pulled out of someone's basement, or the Legion's supremely well made "broken pieces of actual armor and football gear" armor. It's kind of Fallout's thing that nobody can be bothered to clean up.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

MAKE WAY NEW STARS posted:

My vault 111 bobblehead turned up in the post today. Last of my preorder swag before the game itself, feeling hype

Sent from my Pip-Boy

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

If you are referring to New Vegas, the explanation there is that New Vegas was only settled within 20 years of the game starting, with the Strip itself is built and cleaned, a major standoff between two military powers occurring, and also Obsidian had to make the game in like a year using the retard assets made in Fallout 3.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
The next one is taking place in Des Moines. I've tried to say it here a few times, but no one cares about Fallout 5 ITT I guess :(

SUpposed to occur in the midwest with Des Moines as the hub much closer to the time of the bombs going off.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

RBA Starblade posted:

New Vegas, whatever. Everywhere is always a dirty shithole. Just look at the NCR/Ranger grand monument made of the finest scrap metal pulled out of someone's basement, or the Legion's supremely well made "broken pieces of actual armor and football gear" armor. It's kind of Fallout's thing that nobody can be bothered to clean up.

definitely none of this was borrowed from mad max :ssh:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Borsche69 posted:

If you are referring to New Vegas, the explanation there is that New Vegas was only settled within 20 years of the game starting, with the Strip itself is built and cleaned, a major standoff between two military powers occurring, and also Obsidian had to make the game in like a year using the retard assets made in Fallout 3.

I am referring to all the games, though I forgot that Vault City looked okay. New Vegas itself is 20 years old, but the game doesn't take place in only New Vegas (thankfully, that's the shittiest part of the game).

quote:

definitely none of this was borrowed from mad max

This, in other words.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

man i wonder how bethesda will manage to annoy me with loading screen after loading screen to do some trivial loving errand this time

gasman
Mar 21, 2013

hey now
Here's a stream.

http://www.twitch.tv/manpoo123

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Shugojin posted:

man i wonder how bethesda will manage to annoy me with loading screen after loading screen to do some trivial loving errand this time

i remember loading screens, in the olden days when hard drives had spinning platters inside

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Aww he's just re-playing previous leaks, was hoping for new stuff

Xeremides
Feb 21, 2011

There Diomedes aimed and stabbed, he gouged him down
his glistening flesh and wrenched the spear back out
and the brazen god of war let loose a shriek, roaring,
thundering loud as nine, ten thousand combat soldiers
shriek with Ares' fury when massive armies clash.

Jastiger posted:

The next one is taking place in Des Moines. I've tried to say it here a few times, but no one cares about Fallout 5 ITT I guess :(

SUpposed to occur in the midwest with Des Moines as the hub much closer to the time of the bombs going off.

It'd actually be interesting to see what it was like for the survivors, and for people to remember what it was like before the bombs, and have to live in the world that was created after.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.
i can never understand why people carry around all sorts of weapons and items with them at all times. I usually carried like 3-4 guns, some ammo, grenades, drugs and food. Tossed everything else. People are crazy scavengers!

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

dog kisser posted:

i can never understand why people carry around all sorts of weapons and items with them at all times. I usually carried like 3-4 guns, some ammo, grenades, drugs and food. Tossed everything else. People are crazy scavengers!

This time it looks like you'll able to scrap weapons/armor you don't want to make base materials for other stuff so that won't go away :v:

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Xeremides posted:

It'd actually be interesting to see what it was like for the survivors, and for people to remember what it was like before the bombs, and have to live in the world that was created after.

I agree. The bombs wouldn't have hit Des Moines as heavily as other cities (Des Moines was still a 2nd strike target for the Ruskies, so its still hit) but the game will take place closer to the blasts than the others. So there will be more to scavenge and less "built up" towns and strongholds and the like. It is supposed to be really awesome, with the Mississippi and MIssouri rivers featuring prominently and Des Moines right in the middle.

Edit: Also gonna petition for the Iowa Chop to be a new item for health regen.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Confirmed: Fallout 4 in continuity with Dead Space.

BillBear
Mar 13, 2013

Ask me about running my country straight into the ground every time I play EU4 multiplayer.
Hahaha the dog ran off the top of the tower trying to get into the lift. Stupid dog.

El Perkele
Nov 7, 2002

I HAVE SHIT OPINIONS ON STAR WARS MOVIES!!!

I can't even call the right one bad.
edit: what tab
hate tab

BillBear
Mar 13, 2013

Ask me about running my country straight into the ground every time I play EU4 multiplayer.
Also yeah that poo poo's looped. Wish we would see some more interesting stuff like non feral ghouls.

Phil Tenderpuss
Jun 11, 2012
I just read through all the perks and am pretty disappointed that its just all boring stat stuff like increase X by Y percent. Man I was hoping for some interesting ones. It would be the least they could do after removing skills and any meaningful character building.

panda clue
May 23, 2014
people are saying that stream isnt even fo4, but a heavily modded fo3

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

dog kisser posted:

gotta keep at least 160 pounds of junk in there for the hoarder perk

gasman
Mar 21, 2013

hey now
Oh it's just a video. I'm an idiot.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

Phil Tenderpuss posted:

I just read through all the perks and am pretty disappointed that its just all boring stat stuff like increase X by Y percent. Man I was hoping for some interesting ones. It would be the least they could do after removing skills and any meaningful character building.

Did you look at later upgrades to the perks? It's more than just stat increases.

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

"makes it easier to intimidate women" is some "uhhhh"-rear end poo poo

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Lol again that Solar Powered is a tier 10 perk

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Pretzel Rod Stewart posted:

"makes it easier to intimidate women" is some "uhhhh"-rear end poo poo

There's (presumably) an identical equivalent that affects men.

Phil Tenderpuss
Jun 11, 2012

ymgve posted:

Did you look at later upgrades to the perks? It's more than just stat increases.

I guess most of the ones that aren't just stat increases seem uninteresting to me. I guess the one where you can pacify people could be interesting except I wonder how it will even work since there's level scaling.

Britt Burns
Nov 24, 2007
Biscuit Hider
GameStop has deluxe editions back in stock!

Phil Tenderpuss
Jun 11, 2012

Alain Post posted:

Lol again that Solar Powered is a tier 10 perk

Yeah. Seems like the perk tiers weren't very well thought out either. Nerd Rage is the top tier Int perk? Lol.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Avalerion posted:

There's (presumably) an identical equivalent that affects men.

If that's Ladykiller then yes Black Widow should be there for female characters.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Strength 9 and Luck 10 sounds like the perfect broken meelle combo

Oh and stats beyond 10 counted in Fallout Shelter that might be true for F4 as well

Trustworthy
Dec 28, 2004

with catte-like thread
upon our prey we steal

Britt Burns posted:

GameStop has deluxe editions back in stock!

HATE GAMESTOPS

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Bholder posted:

Strength 9 and Luck 10 sounds like the perfect broken meelle combo

Oh and stats beyond 10 counted in Fallout Shelter that might be true for F4 as well

To grind beyond the 10 wall. To become the strongest parent in the world.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

In supreme game Fallout: Tactics, you could have stats up to fourteen, after modifiers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Take 10 luck, then get max Party Boy for +3 when drunk.

• Locked thread