Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

The deadlien for the humble monthly thing ends in 48 hours.

It's probably include Besiege, and maybe Necrodancer, I guess?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Tamba posted:

The deadlien for the humble monthly thing ends in 48 hours.

It's probably include Besiege, and maybe Necrodancer, I guess?

Yeah, it looks like Besieged, Necrodancer, Banished(?), a Saints Row, and I'm not sure what the other 3 are.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
One is Torchlight :downsrim:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

They'd have generated a fuckload more interest (And subs) by just doing the first month straight away, rather than delay it for like a month :psyduck:

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi
Also if it is those games mentioned, I already own all or most of them. This monthly thing is dumb.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
I kinda want Necrodancer, but no way in hell am i pre-ordering a monthly bundle just in case one of the games might be one i want.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
For the millions of users out there that aren't Steam thread old guys/gals like most of us, that's a pretty solid deal for some fun games that probably flew under the general gamer's radar.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Seeing the Just Cause 3 video made me start up JC2 again, since I never got more than an hour or two into it.

Is there a mod or something that reveals all the locations on the map for extraction? Because having to constantly travel to the opposite side of these huge-rear end maps for the next mission is really loving boring, especially when what you thought was going to be a fest-travel city turns out to be a military base and you get destroyed because half the time Rico seems to be made of tinfiol.

Koburn
Oct 8, 2004

FIND THE JUDGE CHILD OR YOUR CITY DIES
Grimey Drawer
Someone on reddit was shown some of the games early: https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/3qg7fq/humble_bundle_monthly_they_accidentally_showed_me/

Saints Row 4
Besieged
Valkria Chronicles

Salt n Reba McEntire
Nov 14, 2000

Kuparp.
Speaking of bundles, just a quick heads up as there's less than a day left on it: if you grab the bottom tier (or higher) of the current Humble Weekly with Hack n' Slash in it, and activate that key today, you get a free gift of Spacebase as well while you're at it. Some Guest Pass thing comes up, indicating that it might be a demo thing, but then it comes through into your inventory as a full gift.

Apparently some hobbyists are hard at work on unfucking Spacebase, so it's maybe worth a punt?

Just letting you chaps know. Even if it's only 'thanks a loving bunch, two lovely games in one'. I like the look of Hack n' Slash meself.

Salt n Reba McEntire fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Nov 4, 2015

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

Evil Mastermind posted:

Seeing the Just Cause 3 video made me start up JC2 again, since I never got more than an hour or two into it.

Is there a mod or something that reveals all the locations on the map for extraction? Because having to constantly travel to the opposite side of these huge-rear end maps for the next mission is really loving boring, especially when what you thought was going to be a fest-travel city turns out to be a military base and you get destroyed because half the time Rico seems to be made of tinfiol.

Most likley.

There's pretty much a mod for everything in JC2.
http://justcause2mods.com/

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

lmao

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Morter posted:

2 10.5:9 monitors side by side? :shobon:

And yet people find Goat Simulator stupid (last time I remember it being brought up). :colbert:

Glitches are funny when they're unintentional.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Same

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
Why the hell do those kinds of character generator tools even exist? Who the hell is going to use them, and for what?

I feel like if you want to create your own characters, using that kind of tool for them is just sort of pointless.

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

Did the artist who did character models for HL2 Cinematic Mod use this generator?

Middle one looks exactly like their version of Alyx.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Is it just me, or is it a bit nippy in here lads?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

That sweater cant hold back her weird boobs.

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

The Colonel posted:

Why the hell do those kinds of character generator tools even exist? Who the hell is going to use them, and for what?

I feel like if you want to create your own characters, using that kind of tool for them is just sort of pointless.

literally the only thing i can think of is tabletop games but no one smart is going to spend money on that program lmao

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

The Colonel posted:

Yeah just tabletop gaming I guess

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

The Colonel posted:

I could imagine some people using it if it was like 5 or 10 bucks. But $120 of DLC?

Also those sweaters are weird. It's like they're just putting sweater bodypaint on a naked model.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

FirstAidKite posted:

Yeah just tabletop gaming I guess

Those seem like maybe unreasonable demands. I imagine incorporating the rules for generating tabletop characters into your software involves some kind of licensing fee if you're going to be reselling it, unless maybe it's one of those super-open systems like FATE. If you're going to have a very small number of customers out of an already niche hobby, a one-time payment of $50 from each doesn't necessarily offset what Hasbro might demand for the D&D License, for example.

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

I could imagine some people using it if it was like 5 or 10 bucks. But $120 of DLC?

Also those sweaters are weird. It's like they're just putting sweater bodypaint on a naked model.

they're boob pouches tailored specifically for her

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Lmao at that dude

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

deadly_pudding posted:

Those seem like maybe unreasonable demands. I imagine incorporating the rules for generating tabletop characters into your software involves some kind of licensing fee if you're going to be reselling it, unless maybe it's one of those super-open systems like FATE. If you're going to have a very small number of customers out of an already niche hobby, a one-time payment of $50 from each doesn't necessarily offset what Hasbro might demand for the D&D License, for example.
Yeah, you'd need to licence the systems. That's how Hero Lab works; it's $30 for the core software and one game's stuff, then each other game you want on top of that costs another $20.

Although, interestingly, the Fate plug-ins are free. Probably because it's OGL and there's not much to it you'd really need software to do.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
I'm the dwarf who's bad at holding his beer.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Shima Honnou posted:

I'm the dwarf who's bad at holding his beer.

I'm the two furries who have to share one shield

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
Have to, or get to

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

If there are humanoid wolves, why are there still wolves? Explain that science.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
God is dead, as evidenced by the existence of $10 worth of furry dress-up DLC.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

God is dead, as evidenced by the existence of $10 worth of furry dress-up DLC.

It's not as though furry stuff isn't expensive. You should see the type of prices people charge for low quality commissions!

Or, more pertinent to the topic: Second Life

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

ShadowMar posted:

literally the only thing i can think of is tabletop games but no one smart is going to spend money on that program lmao

I don't think their intended market audience is "smart people".

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

http://www.lawiswar.com/about-conrad/
:aaaaa:

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Okay..so now I'm confused. I played New Vegas with absolutely no issues for about an hour this morning. I come back again now to play some more, and my launcher is crashing immediately again. I've made no changes to anything in the intervening time.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Freak Futanari posted:

I'm the two furries who have to share one shield
I'm the stop-sign shield devil cool guy.

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

jivjov posted:

Okay..so now I'm confused. I played New Vegas with absolutely no issues for about an hour this morning. I come back again now to play some more, and my launcher is crashing immediately again. I've made no changes to anything in the intervening time.

You posted to a popular internet forum about not having any problems whatsoever, Bethesda's just trying to make sure there reputation stays intact.

Quill
Jan 19, 2004

jivjov posted:

Sounds about right. I experienced the same thing replaying New Vegas earlier this year. No amount of rebooting or configuring helped, so I eventually stopped trying. Couple weeks later I tried to start it up again and everything worked fine. Finished the game without any other hitches.

The authentic Fallout experience ladies and gentlemen.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

FanaticalMilk posted:

You posted to a popular internet forum
i didnt know jivjov posts on reddit

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
I see the problem of ROM being at 1.89 in the indiegala bundle was solved

Now the bundle is 2.49

I think that's just a normal price increase they do though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

It's harder to recommend the game at that price, to be honest.

• Locked thread