Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating

Mr. Nice! posted:

We have a ton of people on excal and there are almost always people looking for subs or permanent members. See earlier post in the last page or so of team full of owls looking for two new members. Also all three goon FCs have four capped airships.

I know, but it's literally my fc, like I'm the leader. invested a lot of time into building it, getting a house, workshop, etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Anderron Shi posted:

I know, but it's literally my fc, like I'm the leader. invested a lot of time into building it, getting a house, workshop, etc.

Sell it to someone then to recoup some of your losses. But still, excal is the best place to be.

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

Avenging_Mikon posted:

Oh man, I wanna see what the sperg was responding to, but I know it won't be as awesome as I'm imagining.

most likely something to do with the automatic fc leader transfer if you don't log in for so many days, or automated house demolishing

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

The third fracture I would do away with...I can't, sorry.

F R A C T U R E

SirPhoebos posted:

:toot: Are there more costumes coming, because Dynasty/Samurai has some pretty pimping outfits.

Also :gizz: for a FF Musou game.

EDIT: It would be pretty lulzy if they make the shield glamour baby Anju.

It's not an actual musou colab. It's from the FFXI crossover event. Learn to read moonrunes.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Avenging_Mikon posted:

Oh man, I wanna see what the sperg was responding to, but I know it won't be as awesome as I'm imagining.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/268982-Is-it-possible-to-report-an-FC-leader-to-a-GM-to-transfer-leadership?p=3405916#post3405916

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Warren posted:

Samurai Warriors Collab is coming and gat dang I finally have a Ninja glamor.

Well now I know what I want to glamour on my Dark Knight.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

With that headband, it's only a matter of time until we start getting Rambo glamours from machinists.

Not that a potato or a catboy has the build to pull it off, but that never stopped anyone.

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.

SirPhoebos posted:

:toot: Are there more costumes coming, because Dynasty/Samurai has some pretty pimping outfits.

Also :gizz: for a FF Musou game.

EDIT: It would be pretty lulzy if they make the shield glamour baby Anju.

Not to rain on your parade but the outfit is from a FFXI character.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Although if we ever get to the Far East and/or a Samurai job we'll probably see more armor in that design.

It only took XI almost a decade and a half to get one Far Eastern zone.

FaintlyQuaint
Aug 19, 2011

The king and his men.
Grimey Drawer

Moldy Taxes posted:

Although if we ever get to the Far East and/or a Samurai job we'll probably see more armor in that design.

It only took XI almost a decade and a half to get one Far Eastern zone.

So we'll see one in half the time because the developers are still killing themselves (taking a month off after like four years of incredible work cycles is not enough, heh) trying to create stuff for the game? :v:

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.
Last time we heard anything the next job (s) will be in 4.0

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

We only got ninja when we did because it made sense in the storyline for them to show up when they did and the team had been working on it for a long time as the team teased it back in 2.2, which means they had done at least some planning for it almost from ARR launch.

FaintlyQuaint posted:

So we'll see one in half the time because the developers are still killing themselves (taking a month off after like four years of incredible work cycles is not enough, heh) trying to create stuff for the game? :v:

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

F R A C T U R E
I can't wait to play a rehashed tanking class that is 10% more or less effective than other options. Stylish.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Belzac posted:

I can't wait to play a rehashed tanking class that is 10% more or less effective than other options. Stylish.

Are you a gimmick poster like Technogeek? Where are you getting these from?

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Dr Pepper posted:

Is shitposting a gimmick?

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

F R A C T U R E
Look at these guys who don't know me. I've been shitposting in XIV threads before you were even a Warrior of Light.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Kwyndig posted:

More of a way of life.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Kwyndig posted:

Its certainly mine in FC chat

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Dr Pepper posted:

Its not like they actually tried to make the tanks different, I mean come on, taunt?

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

F R A C T U R E
For real though I can't think of anything more unhealthy for the balance of this game than adding more jobs. There's already 2.5 jobs that are unused and they've shown that basic kit of a new job is just going the same as every other job in that role + one thing.

Just make this game balanced again Yoship. Then you can add in whatever.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Delete all jobs, only red magers.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Belzac posted:

Look at these guys who don't know me. I've been shitposting in XIV threads before you were even a Warrior of Light.

This is true, I've only been playing for a year and a half.

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

In Paradox Space, when you cross the line, your nuts are mine.
I want to play a blue mage so bad.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Belzac posted:

I played the abomination of the initial release, still have my account on the offsite that was never updated ever.

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

TheRagamuffin posted:

I want to play a blue mage so bad.

You probably haven't stopped to think about what that would actually mean.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Belzac posted:

For real though I can't think of anything more unhealthy for the balance of this game than adding more jobs. There's already 2.5 jobs that are unused and they've shown that basic kit of a new job is just going the same as every other job in that role + one thing.

What are you even talking about.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
I'm wondering how you use half a job.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

Tenzarin posted:

I'm wondering how you use half a job.

Pretty sure he means Nocturnal Sect(at least, from a PvE standpoint).

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

F R A C T U R E
The 4 posts right above mine that go on about adding jobs.

Also the half job is summoner.

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

F R A C T U R E
Though actually looking at it both smn and mch are about half as used as their respective other job in thier same role so I guess it's 3 jobs but really two fully unused jobs and two kinda unused jobs.

Wonder Turbine
Sep 22, 2011

Belzac posted:

Though actually looking at it both smn and mch are about half as used as their respective other job in thier same role so I guess it's 3 jobs but really two fully unused jobs and two kinda unused jobs.

Time works the same way.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I realize I'm probably getting Taint Reaped (Belzac'd?) but what do you actually mean by "used" in this context? If you mean population, I dunno about MCH but I swear I've seen plenty of SMNs compared to BLMs lately. Or do you mean mechanics or something?

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

F R A C T U R E
I mean in end game raiding. The only context worth discussing balance in (besides pvp, lol).

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Oh okay fair enough then :v:

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

nuru posted:

You probably haven't stopped to think about what that would actually mean.

I would totally wander the world getting nearly killed by monsters if it meant I could use Bad Breath, Everyone's Grudge, or Rocket Punch.

Chyea
Aug 15, 2011
The only classes that are below-par for endgame content at the moment are PLD (Oaths oGCD, better AoE threat, Shield Swipe oGCD) and AST (a cooldown that resets Draw/RR and small potency increase).

For progression purposes it's likely not correct to rule out any class. DRK is a better tank then PLD overall but for A2S we opted for a PLD because their skillset was better suited for our strategy.

i am tim!
Jan 5, 2005

God damn it, where are my ant keys?! I'm gonna miss my flight!
The only way I could see Blue Mage working in FFXIV's system is if they made it a 1 - [Current level cap] Job, where their job quests that they get every 5 levels have them go out and fight a monster to learn its ability. And even that's a stretch.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Technogeek posted:

Sorry but I think you're wrong. I've invested 60m+ into my airships, ALONE, and over 10m in housing glam, ALONE. I spam dungeons for gear to accumulate 50-100 cerulean tanks a day, paid for own house, and worked with family to build my freecompany. Some butthurt person in the future, has no rights to any of that, regardless of how much they don't like my thought process, or what I say.

This mentality right here is what keeps me from inviting anyone to my FC. I'm sitting at 8 people, 4/5 active, and I'll likely forever keep it this way knowing people like this are out there.

Mr Perry, you may have a problem.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Technogeek posted:

Sorry but I think you're wrong. I've invested 60m+ into my airships, ALONE, and over 10m in housing glam, ALONE. I spam dungeons for gear to accumulate 50-100 cerulean tanks a day, paid for own house, and worked with family to build my freecompany. Some butthurt person in the future, has no rights to any of that, regardless of how much they don't like my thought process, or what I say.

This mentality right here is what keeps me from inviting anyone to my FC. I'm sitting at 8 people, 4/5 active, and I'll likely forever keep it this way knowing people like this are out there.

I Am Jack's foaming rage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

i am tim! posted:

The only way I could see Blue Mage working in FFXIV's system is if they made it a 1 - [Current level cap] Job, where their job quests that they get every 5 levels have them go out and fight a monster to learn its ability. And even that's a stretch.

This is more how I'd imagine it working. I just miss playing a primarily CC-oriented class, and Blue Mage seems like a perfect fit for that. :(

• Locked thread