Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Where is Zosimov? I don't see him at the port, or anywhere in town at all.

I'm just trying to find a cat. :saddowns:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smenj
Oct 10, 2012

Really Pants posted:

Where is Zosimov? I don't see him at the port, or anywhere in town at all.

I'm just trying to find a cat. :saddowns:

He's at the port, hiding under a tree right next to the entrance on the left, if I remember right.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

smenj posted:

He's at the port, hiding under a tree right next to the entrance on the left, if I remember right.

Yeah, I just found him. Thanks.

Hoohah
Jun 27, 2004
Chimp
Did anyone happen to get through Ys Celceta up to the touch screen bits on PSTV? Did they work fine?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

okay how do I do this Mistwald fog maze nonsense. Is there some clue you get before you choose a direction? That stupid bell is not very helpful.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Really Pants posted:

okay how do I do this Mistwald fog maze nonsense. Is there some clue you get before you choose a direction? That stupid bell is not very helpful.

It actually is. It gets louder when you're going the right way.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

But is it always in the same direction, or does it change after each transition?

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

I just ran around like an idiot for a minute or so then it ended

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!
it doesn't seem to matter because i ran around quite literally in circles

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Oh, I assumed that when the group gets warped out and they say "We ran out of time" that it was a failure. Go me.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes
I bought the game off the psn store, got a 8GB card, and now it doesn't seem to be downloading. I just press download game infinitely and nothing comes of it.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Apparently Trails needs a lot of card space to unpack, like more than 8gb, even though it's only 3 or 4 gb on disk.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes
Well, whatever the case, FC just downloaded! :woop:

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Really Pants posted:

Apparently Trails needs a lot of card space to unpack, like more than 8gb, even though it's only 3 or 4 gb on disk.

All PSN games (until PS4, I think, anyway) needed double their actual space in order to install.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

What are those boxes in the clue supposed to be? Is this a bug?

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!
its not a bug and they represent stacked boxes, since boxes can be made from wood (from a forest)

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Really Pants posted:

What are those boxes in the clue supposed to be? Is this a bug?

It's incredibly confusing, but it is legit.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

Hoohah posted:

Did anyone happen to get through Ys Celceta up to the touch screen bits on PSTV? Did they work fine?

I'm actually playing through Celceta on my PSTV at the moment, and yes the touchscreen controls work fine with it. I've had some issues with getting it to actually respond at times but given that you're in no rush during the few touchscreen puzzles that exist it wasn't really a problem.

Decus
Feb 24, 2013
Oh, noticed another text thing. In the bracer notebook it says that the E+ reward (under the Pay tab) is Machine Power, but the quartz tab and the quartz itself is actually called Ingenuity.

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.
I...I'm sorry, what?

edit:

Reco fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Nov 5, 2015

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

lol what

Hoohah
Jun 27, 2004
Chimp

Eopia posted:

I'm actually playing through Celceta on my PSTV at the moment, and yes the touchscreen controls work fine with it. I've had some issues with getting it to actually respond at times but given that you're in no rush during the few touchscreen puzzles that exist it wasn't really a problem.

Score. PSTV acquired and updated, will be playing through Celceta again tomorrow.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

i beat the game. finally, after nearly 5 years, i am free

weissmann going one winged angel was lame but entirely made up for by Kevin murdering him in cold blood with some insane mcguffin that could probably have a game built around it.

also campanella is my favorite and im glad you never fight him because that's what makes him cool

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Cake Attack posted:

i beat the game. finally, after nearly 5 years, i am free

with some insane mcguffin that could probably have a game built around it.

Well, he IS the main character of the third game.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!
SC is like FC in regards to changing music out, right? I kind of want to replace the normal battle music with the crisis (low HP) music instead. I just have to rename the ogg and drop it in place, right?

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Also I can finally open my art books and trails to azure has some quality Gundam names. Want to hang with Randy Orlando and Lazy Hemisphere

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Chapter 6: Hahahaha OF COURSE Weissman is playing a goddamn organ.

The Laboratory music is really good.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.
I just started this game.

First comment I can make is that it doesn't exactly turn me onto a jRPG when it begins with a sewer level.

Second thing, is what do the colored orbment lines mean, what do the colored holes mean and what does upgrading slots do?

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!
you might want to play the first game first, this is kind of a direct sequel

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

SC Bracer posted:

you might want to play the first game first, this is kind of a direct sequel

I've already 100%'d the first game. There's a new orbment system that I want clarification on.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Slur posted:

I've already 100%'d the first game. There's a new orbment system that I want clarification on.

It's the same Orbment system, just with an extra slot! A slot will tell you if it only takes a specific color quartz or any quartz. The colored lines count up the amount of each septh you have for the purposes of creating spells. Check your bracer book for spell formulas. It's pretty much the exact same system.

EDIT: Upgrading slots gives you more EP and allows you to equip higher level orbs in that slot.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Slur posted:

I just started this game.

First comment I can make is that it doesn't exactly turn me onto a jRPG when it begins with a sewer level.

Second thing, is what do the colored orbment lines mean, what do the colored holes mean and what does upgrading slots do?

FC also started with a sewer level... And everything you're talking about was also in FC other than the slot upgrading.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!
The line colors are there purely to help differentiate the lines themselves. They have no effect on actual line power or whatnot.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

SpaceDrake posted:

The line colors are there purely to help differentiate the lines themselves. They have no effect on actual line power or whatnot.

Are you saying it counts the elements for the entire orbment, not just the lines, for the purpose of creating spells? I was under the impression it only counted the slots on a given line.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Levantine posted:

Are you saying it counts the elements for the entire orbment, not just the lines, for the purpose of creating spells? I was under the impression it only counted the slots on a given line.

Yes, it still counts per-line. The colors are purely a visual aid to help keep straight which slot is on which line.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

SpaceDrake posted:

Yes, it still counts per-line. The colors are purely a visual aid to help keep straight which slot is on which line.

Gotcha, thanks!

Munin
Nov 14, 2004

If you are NG+ing is nightmare a total pain in the end game? This is for FC.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Levantine posted:

SC is like FC in regards to changing music out, right? I kind of want to replace the normal battle music with the crisis (low HP) music instead. I just have to rename the ogg and drop it in place, right?

No, you have to use Rescue Mission, Fight with Assailant, or Fate of the Fairies instead. :colbert:

I finally got a decent fishing rod for hitting the C bracer rank. Gambler Jack 6 and 7 are pretty hard to miss: You can buy 6 in Bose Market, and get 7 from a soldier in the Krone Pass Checkpoint barracks.

Should I just have Agate Wild Rage into Final Breaks all day every day, with everyone else keeping him fed? I kind of get that feeling.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Really Pants posted:

No, you have to use Rescue Mission, Fight with Assailant, or Fate of the Fairies instead. :colbert:

I finally got a decent fishing rod for hitting the C bracer rank. Gambler Jack 6 and 7 are pretty hard to miss: You can buy 6 in Bose Market, and get 7 from a soldier in the Krone Pass Checkpoint barracks.

Should I just have Agate Wild Rage into Final Breaks all day every day, with everyone else keeping him fed? I kind of get that feeling.

If I knew how to edit ogg files for loop and such I'd have a much wider variety of music, but the track I'm looking for is right in the folder :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Decus
Feb 24, 2013

Munin posted:

If you are NG+ing is nightmare a total pain in the end game? This is for FC.

Yes. It wasn't designed for it at all so only play it if you enjoy overly long fights with a very, very small pool of viable options such that you aren't putting much thought in at all. You may as well be playing one of those "clicker" games at that point.