Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What gun are you going to use in this Call of Duty?
The good one that everyone else uses
Another, different gun
View Results

• Locked thread
Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Mill Village posted:

The point is seeing how long you can last.

:jerkbag:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."
See, the only arcade game they had in Canuckistan when Macys was a kid was Starfighter.

Unless you can beat Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada, he's not down for killin' Space Invaders or eatin' power pellets.

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet

Mister Macys posted:

Please explain to me how playing a game where defeat is a guaranteed outcome is fun.

Genuinely curious, by the way.

what the point of life brah

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
Macys, zombies is like living in Canada in winter. You know you're going to die but you want to see if you can MAYBE make it.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

:iamafag:

Alright. I'll accept that. :haw:

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Zombies is popular because most of the playerbase have never played Left 4 Dead. Actually If CoD Zombies levels had a saferoom like L4D or some such ending to levels I might play it.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Roman posted:

Zombies is popular because most of the playerbase have never played Left 4 Dead. Actually If CoD Zombies levels had a saferoom like L4D or some such ending to levels I might play it.

Now I want to play Left 4 Dead.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Roman posted:

Or hell, like ME3 MP. 10 waves of increasing difficulty. Make it so people can choose 5/10/20 or whatever and leave in an infinite option.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

How about they just being back Extinction?

Maybe that cutie can come back down from space and ripoff Starcraft some more.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Dirt Taco Scuba posted:

Now I want to play Left 4 Dead.

Played both. Not a fan of the melee nerf.
The new Warhammer: Vermintide game uses a similar engine. Jadestar's been Twitching it. Looks alright.

v v v - Won't AW's just carry over?

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
which one of you sick fuckers is going to maintain the boys club on ps4

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
oh that reminds me of another thing that a year and a half of distance has made me reminisce for.

~*~nOdeS~*~

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Roman posted:

I have played both left 4 dead games and enjoy both a lot. Zombies in all forms is good and fun.

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
Y'all fuckers need to play Killing Floor 2.

But I agree. I enjoy zombies but it needs a goal with the option to continue if you want to go for epeens. I used to have fun trying to get the easter egg poo poo done, but that should have been the obvious route instead of having to have someone youtube it while going through. Maybe they'll fix it this time. Just the same, I enjoy it when I get tired of pwnin nubs.

ALSO KF2 or Vermintide are both pretty great at scratching that itch these days.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Inside Out Mom posted:

Y'all fuckers need to play Killing Floor 2.

But I agree. I enjoy zombies but it needs a goal with the option to continue if you want to go for epeens. I used to have fun trying to get the easter egg poo poo done, but that should have been the obvious route instead of having to have someone youtube it while going through. Maybe they'll fix it this time. Just the same, I enjoy it when I get tired of pwnin nubs.

ALSO KF2 or Vermintide are both pretty great at scratching that itch these days.

Neither of those are on console or I would.

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet

Fibby Boy posted:

Neither of those are on console or I would.

Kf2 will be on PS4 once it gets out of "Early Access"

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Inside Out Mom posted:

Kf2 will be on PS4 once it gets out of "Early Access"

That also goes for nuclear throne and gang beasts and I am more interested in those games.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

This is wrong, though.

Is it genuinely? It always seems like whenever anyone talks about CoD franchises blops is the one most people say 'yea that was the cool one'.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

mw is the good one

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

actually they're all good excprot ghosts mw/aw is the best tho

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan
The real answer is that all COD's are bad.

I'll see you jerks on Friday.

JetpackJeezus
Jul 27, 2011

Heaven Can Wait

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

which one of you sick fuckers is going to maintain the boys club on ps4

Mister Macys posted:

Won't AW's just carry over?

It's almost 24 hours before launch and they haven't announced any clan support (outside of clan tags). Usually by now they would give people a way to migrate a clan to the next game. I wouldn't get your hopes up.

:rip: BOYS

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

JetpackJeezus posted:

It's almost 24 hours before launch and they haven't announced any clan support (outside of clan tags). Usually by now they would give people a way to migrate a clan to the next game. I wouldn't get your hopes up.

:rip: BOYS

just make a community on theps4 instead

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

then u can also use it toplaynonw cod games together easilky

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Stux posted:

just make a community on theps4 instead

Already did that. We're up to 56 people now.

(None of whom will play after a month, or send invites even on day one :effort: )

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Mister Macys posted:

(None of whom will play after a month, or send invites even on day one :effort: )

How do I join this community

Vorlonesque
Sep 18, 2005

Killing planets since 1876

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Is it genuinely? It always seems like whenever anyone talks about CoD franchises blops is the one most people say 'yea that was the cool one'.

For me it was CoD4 (MW1) and Blops1 that I liked best. I play them on PC and MW2 just never worked well for me (I seemed to wait forever to get into a match and half the time it put me in a game that was laggy as gently caress) so I skipped it and played other stuff...and ended up liking CoDBlops as a return to form. Blops2 was OK but I wasn't as much a fan of the future guns and the maps seemed smaller (maybe my imagination though).

I almost feel like they need to make the future stuff with advanced movement its own franchise so they can make those games and just run wild with crazy movement and do whatever they want. Then have traditional CoD be 20th century and modern conflict stuff aimed at pleasing its audience. That would probably gently caress with the whole annual release thing I guess (and it'd probably make keeping CoD fresh a bigger challenge).

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Vorlonesque posted:

For me it was CoD4 (MW1) and Blops1 that I liked best. I play them on PC and MW2 just never worked well for me (I seemed to wait forever to get into a match and half the time it put me in a game that was laggy as gently caress) so I skipped it and played other stuff...and ended up liking CoDBlops as a return to form. Blops2 was OK but I wasn't as much a fan of the future guns and the maps seemed smaller (maybe my imagination though).

I almost feel like they need to make the future stuff with advanced movement its own franchise so they can make those games and just run wild with crazy movement and do whatever they want. Then have traditional CoD be 20th century and modern conflict stuff aimed at pleasing its audience. That would probably gently caress with the whole annual release thing I guess (and it'd probably make keeping CoD fresh a bigger challenge).

there were playlists that removmed the movement stuff in aw and assumabky will be in blops 3 too

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Stux posted:

there were playlists that removmed the movement stuff in aw and assumabky will be in blops 3 too

Nah Vondy confirmed every mode has the jumpy jumps.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

VJeff posted:

How do I join this community

I don't know how to do it from the app, but just search "something awful goons"

SilentW
Apr 3, 2009

my It dept hgere is fucking clwonshoes, and as someone hwo used to do IT for 9 years it pains me to see them fbe so terriuble

Mister Macys posted:

i promise i will before Destiny sucks me back in like the hoover-attached fleshlight it is

Zapper
Mar 14, 2006

Zap!
I can't wait to [P̶l̶a̶y̶] hate this game already!!!

Spoon let me back into boys :D

Alpha Mayo
Jan 15, 2007
hi how are you?
there was this racist piece of shit in your av so I fixed it
you're welcome
pay it forward~

Mister Macys posted:

Please explain to me how playing a game where defeat is a guaranteed outcome is fun.

Genuinely curious, by the way.
Thanks you just triggered an existential crisis :emo:

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Meta Ridley posted:

Thanks you just triggered an existential crisis :emo:
Watch Fight Club until you believe in its message. #Bernitdown

You can't search a Community specifically, it's in the player's profile only (may change).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjuLRgq7CAg
tl;dw - Search Mister_Macys -> Communities -> Join Community/Send Request
You can also search the profile of a friend you know is already in a community you wish to join, too.

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Nov 5, 2015

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Amazon just shipped my copy UPS but UPS.com won't let me have them hold the package at the UPS Store. If i miss it because I'm at work I won't be happy.

neurotech
Apr 22, 2004

Deep in my dreams and I still hear her callin'
If you're alone, I'll come home.

Is this game shaping up to be A Good Game on PC? Specifically around multiplayer, that is.

penis bandana
Aug 6, 2008

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Blops1 was super easy to crush people in MP. Like, stupid loving easy to just never lose and average a 3 or 4 K/D; I'm pretty sure this is where a lot of the love comes from, at least around here. The m14 and FAL were rad (not that 99% of people playing that game ever strayed from the ak74u/famas). It was also really boring design-wise if you compare it to the IW games on either side of it (this isn't a completely bad thing).

Blops2 was also uninteresting but with the added benefit of objectively worse netcode than the previous five games. I was out of town for like three months after Christmas that year, and there was just no compelling reason to fire that game up after I came home. Maybe it got better? I doubt it, but people act like it's the best CoD. Unless Treyarch issued a patch changing Blops2 into a Modern Warfare game after I stopped playing, I just don't see how that's possible.

Also, three lane maps are kinda boring, but they're easy to control in objective games. The way that goon teams usually play, Treyarch maps are well-liked for a reason. I tend to like them myself.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

penis bandana posted:

Blops2 was also uninteresting but with the added benefit of objectively worse netcode than the previous five games. I was out of town for like three months after Christmas that year, and there was just no compelling reason to fire that game up after I came home. Maybe it got better?

It was patched three or four times between June to August, allowing me to use weapons other than the one-hit wunderkind that was the Remington 870.
Because if the enemy required more than one to die, the netcode was such that I could shoot first- hit first- and still die first. God, that still pisses me off. :argh:

v v v - When did Dell turn into Office Depot/Staples?

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Nov 5, 2015

nmfree
Aug 15, 2001

The Greater Goon: Breaking Hearts and Chains since 2006

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Waiting on the Black Friday deals to buy a console. Hoping for a good one.
Best one I've seen so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

he said a console u seem to have pasted in a link to a dvr

• Locked thread