Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sighence
Aug 26, 2009

Speedball posted:

Bleh, the stream is just a guy messing around in junk piles and not actually accomplishing anything. Bo-ring. I mean, I'M going to do that when I do it, but at least then I'll know what the hell I want to be doing.

If you're not taking 1% shots in VATS at a dude 70 feet up you're just not playing the game correctly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord
One thing I am really liking from the streams is that it seems like you often are fighting a ton of enemies at once compared to fallout 3's one at a time and if two show up you are dead most of the time approach.

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

Where angels and generals fear to tread.
Is the streamers internet lovely or is it just mine?

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
LMAO at over 1000 Fallout 4 Pip-Boy Editions on eBay.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Cheap Shot posted:

I can't watch this dude play. He's so so bad at the game. He just opened VATS, saw that a raiders head had a 1% chance to hit, and continued to select it until he was out of AP and... just did it anyway...

He was trying to shoot through solid objects with VATS multiple times last night

forward pass
Dec 9, 2005

Y'all get back now.

Generation Internet posted:

Is the streamers internet lovely or is it just mine?

Might be yours. Mine looks great.

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

forward pass posted:

Might be yours. Mine looks great.

It probably is, I usually can't handle anything in more than 720p and I don't think there's an option to make it shittier.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

AHA! Here we go, settlement building.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Codsworth sounded kinda pissed when the player asked him to follow him :(

insider
Feb 22, 2007

A secret room... always my favourite room in a house.
He's just running around in circles. No idea what he is doing.

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

Radstorms look pretty cool

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Radstorms look pretty cool

Yeah, this legit looks really good.

Protons
Sep 15, 2012

I wonder if this shitter streamer has every played a video game.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

Specs for CPU are inflated. It'll probably run on something as low as a Core 2 Quad, but the video card recs have standard Bethesda trigger warnings due to incompetent use of GPU tech.

If a gen2 i5 isn't good enough, that won't bode well for PC sales

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

Holy poo poo this streamer

*fast travels to settlement*

*runs around doing nothing*

*fast travels away*

*walks around and looks at a box

*fast travels back to settlement*

*walks around some more*

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

it's a law of the universe, one of the constants by which all rules are derived, much like "Bethesda games will be underwhelming mushy messes."

"Leak streamers are bad at video games."

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

NecroMonster posted:

it's a law of the universe, one of the constants by which all rules are derived, much like "Bethesda games will be underwhelming mushy messes."

"Leak streamers are bad at video games."

I remember seeing a really horrible Prototype leak streamer years ago, before Twitch was barely even a thing...

Looks like you build a lot of resource-producing stuff around your settlements. Neato. Harvest Moon: Apocalypse Edition.

Protons
Sep 15, 2012

bloodychill posted:

If a gen2 i5 isn't good enough, that won't bode well for PC sales

Is mine a Gen 2?

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

They're either bad at the game or they just wander around like they've never seen a video game before and they have to stare at all the boring scenery.

"OH MY GOD THERE'S A TOILET, IN A GAME!" :aaaaa:

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

For a truly painful experience you need to watch a leaker stream a fighting game some time.

OMG JC a Bomb!
Jul 13, 2004

We are the Invisible Spatula. We are the Grilluminati. We eat before and after dinner. We eat forever. And eventually... eventually we will lead them into the dining room.

Meowbot posted:

Wow i flip trfough 20 pages to find out no one has posted this and have to figure it out myself you knuckleheads

guy from yesterday on PC is streaming right now

http://streamcountry.com/hatenewspapers/

The chat stream is like speedreading 4chan.

Cheap Shot
Aug 15, 2006

Help BIP learn gun?

I think this streamer might be legit a little simple. Also his character looks unsettlingly like Tommy Wiseau.

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

Settlement building looks really cool, other than this guy not being great. Can't wait to set up a doom-fortress.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Lookin forward to that chair.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Settlement building looks really cool, other than this guy not being great. Can't wait to set up a doom-fortress.

Yea actually this might make up for the combat being jank as gently caress or whatever.

I've been converted. I'm so sorry.

ephori
Sep 1, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
This stream saved my pre-order.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

Cheap Shot posted:

I think this streamer might be legit a little simple. Also his character looks unsettlingly like Tommy Wiseau.

His hair looks like a slightly modified Nord hairstyle straight out of Skyrim.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Fish Fry Andy posted:

Yea actually this might make up for the combat being jank as gently caress or whatever.

I've been converted. I'm so sorry.

the combat looks alright so far. problem is this dude seems to be terrible at it.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Yeah, according to the popup, you need a defense rating equal to your food and water rating to dissuade raiders. Who might still show up anyway! I like this.

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

Speedball posted:

Yeah, according to the popup, you need a defense rating equal to your food and water rating to dissuade raiders. Who might still show up anyway! I like this.

You also need to actually assign people to guard posts to get any defense out of them, unlike turrets. I'm not sure the streamer understands that.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Dapper_Swindler posted:

the combat looks alright so far. problem is this dude seems to be terrible at it.

He took more damage fighting a radroach than 5~ raiders

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

OMG JC a Bomb! posted:

The chat stream is like speedreading 4chan.

Yea but the stream itself is good and getting a boner out of me can't wait!

Edit: also the settlement building looks much more robust than I had imagined.

chaosapiant fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Nov 5, 2015

crabcakes66
May 24, 2012

by exmarx
The proper method is to scrap everything within a 500ft radius and then craft all the things.

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

lol you can scrap your kid's crib. I know what I'm doing while I ignore the main quest!

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

There doesn't seem to be a cap on how much settlement-building junk you can hoard, is there?

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

you might only be able to scrap stuff close to that specific settlement, like in the same general little area, which would make me sad as i now want to strip the world loving bare

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

NecroMonster posted:

you might only be able to scrap stuff close to that specific settlement, like in the same general little area, which would make me sad as i now want to strip the world loving bare

I sincerely hope this can be modded in and eventually the whole world is empty except for your tower of skulls where Boston used to be.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

NecroMonster posted:

Apparently there's a supply system? one of the perks lets you do caravans or something so maybe you can move junk.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

NecroMonster posted:

I sincerely hope this can be modded in and eventually the whole world is empty except for your tower of skulls where Boston used to be.

Even if you strip a place bare of resources there's probably a way to generate more. To make your doom-tower bigger!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

Streamer has got to be trolling at this point :cmon:

• Locked thread