Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Diggs. He has a hamstring issue and the news hasn't really broken.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Yahoo standard non-PPR

Would Jordan Matthews be an upgrade over Pierre Garcon. Matthews is available in my league and I'm concerned with Desean Jackson coming back Garcon isn't going to be as involved.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

Silly Burrito posted:

Ask your commish to push the trade through if no one objects.

The commish is taking a "Rules are rules, if you don't like it, leave it" approach.

The trade is his Hill for my Blount & Reed. Because of the trade not processsing until Friday, the guy will be able to roll out all 3 Hill, Blount, and Reed on his starting lineup. I will not be able to start anybody from the trade.

What do I do?

climboutonalimb
Sep 4, 2004

I get knocked down but I get up again You are never going to keep me down
My team is:
Palmer, Cutler
Ivory, McCoy, Lacy, Hillman, Andrews
OBJ, Diggs, Stevie, J. Brown
Gates
Barth
Cin, Car

I just accepted this trade:
Give Lacy & McCoy
Get Ingram & Maclin

Did I gently caress up?

24-7 Urkel Cosplay
Feb 12, 2003

89 posted:

The commish is taking a "Rules are rules, if you don't like it, leave it" approach.

The trade is his Hill for my Blount & Reed. Because of the trade not processsing until Friday, the guy will be able to roll out all 3 Hill, Blount, and Reed on his starting lineup. I will not be able to start anybody from the trade.

What do I do?

Leave the league.

Miko
May 20, 2001

Where I come from, there's no such thing as kryptonite.
that is hosed

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
I really don't understand that rule when there are Thursday games all year now. That's dumb as poo poo. When the commish approves the trade it should be instant.

Does said commish benefit from you losing?

opposable thumbs.db
Jan 7, 2008
It's hard to say that it's wrong that my life revolves around my dog when she is cuter and more interesting than me
Pillbug
In Yahoo and ESPN leagues, if a player starts for you then he is locked, so the trade won't go through until Tuesday or whenever if your trade partner plays Hill.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

89 posted:

What do I do?

Go back in time and make the trade 24 hours earlier?

mike-
Jul 9, 2004

Phillipians 1:21

pmchem posted:

I'm commissioner of a league and considering veto'ing a trade for the first time in the league's 7 year history. Curious as to what goons think before I make my final call. Team is a 14 team PPR with a large starting roster, no keeper consideration.

In the past 24h the following happened, in this order:
1. I received a trade offer from Team A. His James Jones (GB) for my J-Stew.
2. I received a notification that Team B accepted an offer from Team A to trade Team A's Julio Jones (ATL) for Team B's Eddie Lacy.
3. I received the following email from Team A:

-----
Subject : wrong j jones

lol I sent a trade request for Julio Jones instead of James Jones... stupid abbreviations on mobile. Can you kill that so I can send the right offer?
-----

On its face, the trade is uneven. Absolutely. WR1 for RB46. However, at draft day, the players had roughly equal value ($60+, top of the "first round") and the worst of Lacy's schedule is over. It is plausible that he finishes stronger in relative value than Jones, and Team A desperately needs a RB2. It could have, in theory, been a "sell-high, buy low" for a RB needy team where Team A is now experiencing regret. And I don't try to protect people from stupidity.

However, his offer of James Jones to me in (1) makes me believe his email in (3), and the trade really is not near balanced on its face.

relevant section of league bylaws:

Goons, what would you do?

Seems like an obvious mistake, I would kill it.

smoothitron
Dec 25, 2013

Big Brother

pmchem posted:

Goons, what would you do?

You know the people you play with the best. I personally reverse a deal like that every time as long as I am reasonably sure it was actually a mistake. If you play with a bunch of asses who want a dumb misclick to play a significant part in the outcome of your league, you might run into trouble with that though.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Rank the value of these backs going forward?

Frank Gore
Jeremy Hill
TJ Yeldon

I'm trying to weigh if it would be worth getting rid of Gore or Hill to grab the Mr. Championship Schedule in the Bank, TJ Yeldon

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
Gore may have one of the best schedules that an RB can have in the playoffs. It's one of the reasons I just can't bring myself to trade him.

smoothitron
Dec 25, 2013

Big Brother

89 posted:

Rank the value of these backs going forward?

Frank Gore
Jeremy Hill
TJ Yeldon

I'm trying to weigh if it would be worth getting rid of Gore or Hill to grab the Mr. Championship Schedule in the Bank, TJ Yeldon

Gore and Yeldon are getting about the same touches and yardage, I consider them pretty close to equivalent players. Hill is a clear cut below both.

If you like Yeldon's schedule then giving Hill for him would be ideal, giving Gore for him would be fine. If you have to give something of value away plus Gore/Hill I'd think twice.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

89 posted:

What do I do?

Are you sure he'll be able to start those guys? Like, really sure or are you just guessing? A similar discussion came up in here last week. I'm fairly certain that the default settings are arranged to not allow this sort of thing.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

I ended up veto'ing that trade described above.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

RBX posted:

The only reason kelce is rated so high is he had two good games early in the season. Since he's been middling like all other TEs. I drafted and dropped him and haven't missed em.

I have been summoned

headcase
Sep 28, 2001

Anyone think Randall Cobb is going to turn it around? How about J Hill for Cobb straight up PPR?

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
I would take that.

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer
I received the following trade offer:

I receive:
Demaryius Thomas
Terrance Williams

I give
Darren McFadden
Larry Fitzgerald

Now, I'm not going to take this deal cause it's way too one sided, but does this seem like a decent counter offer (I can alternatively just try to do it without getting williams, but it'd put me in a tough spot since I have no other WR than useless Anquan Boldin this week):

I receive:
Demaryius Thomas
Terrance Williams

I Give:
Darren McFadden
Pierre Garcon

What are people's thoughts on Fitzgerald more generally? Is he thought to continue being a stud or is it time to sell high?

And is Garcon a good sell high candidate given that DeSean Jackson is coming back soon?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
.5 ppr, Dynasty

Trade:

My Mike Evans

His Fat Lacy

Si or no?

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

MacheteZombie posted:

.5 ppr, Dynasty

Trade:

My Mike Evans

His Fat Lacy

Si or no?

No. Evans has much more value in dynasty.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

Cervixalot posted:

No. Evans has much more value in dynasty.

I agree with this for dynasty absolutely.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Thanks, my cheese curds were showing.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.
I'm going to try and trade for Brees or Cam (Same owner). She is devastated by injury at RB and I want to offer Charmander + Langford but is that insulting? I think it's fair since she needs wins badly but is still in it.

Obviously sucks Charmander is on BYE but it's not like she is starting 2 QBs. This is 0.5 PPR.

MrSargent fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Nov 5, 2015

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Fire sale continues ya'll, trading AB84(1) and a 17th for Amari(6) and a 9th! Going to have 3 firsts, Cooper(6), John Brown(10), Jordy(15) and Kelvin(16). Should I order my rings for next year? Could also keep Luck for a 2, 6 PPD, should I keep him over someone else or just snag him in the first?

JiUC
Aug 3, 2004

X-ray reflectivity is a technique used to study crystalline structures. Making use of Bragg's law, λ=2dsin(θ), one can assess the thickness of a thin film by measuring the angle of total reflection, and compar

I'm still struggling with this AP for Demaryius trade. Who do you like more ROS, 0.5 ppr? DT has scored slightly more so far and Peyton could get worse but he's also looking at a positive TD regression (?). Is there any reason to think AP will improve from here on out?

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

JiUC posted:

I'm still struggling with this AP for Demaryius trade. Who do you like more ROS, 0.5 ppr? DT has scored slightly more so far and Peyton could get worse but he's also looking at a positive TD regression (?). Is there any reason to think AP will improve from here on out?

Who are your RBs and WRs and how many do you play each week? It's close is why I ask.

JiUC
Aug 3, 2004

X-ray reflectivity is a technique used to study crystalline structures. Making use of Bragg's law, λ=2dsin(θ), one can assess the thickness of a thin film by measuring the angle of total reflection, and compar

MrSargent posted:

Who are your RBs and WRs and how many do you play each week? It's close is why I ask.

we play 3 rbs, 4 wrs and a flex. My setup is such that AP's scoring would just replace DT's in my lineup every week. My WRs are Julio, DT, Cobb, Hurns, LaFell, Watkins and Stevie Johnson. MY RBs are Chris Johnson, Latavius, Charcandrick, Melvin, Christine. Obviously I'm deeper and better at WR but we start one fewer RB and can use a WR in the flex, the scoring is 0.5 ppr, and I'm in first place (which I know shouldn't be considered logically but does make it harder for me to pull the trigger psychologically). I also have the impression that WRs are harder to replace and less of an injury risk than RBs...

Harold Cooplowski
Sep 11, 2013
Would you vote against this trade?

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
No

Goodtime Pancreas
May 31, 2007
Someone dropped Hyde in my nfl standard league. Worth picking up or is that entire team a dumpster fire?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Goodtime Pancreas posted:

Someone dropped Hyde in my nfl standard league. Worth picking up or is that entire team a dumpster fire?

How many teams, who would you drop? 8 team? probably not. 20 team? Yeah.

There's a massive chance he's toast for the season though.

Goodtime Pancreas
May 31, 2007
It's 8 team, and I would probably drop Stevie or Moncrief. My starting RBs are Forsett and L.Murray so I've been trying to hit a RB lottery ticket all season and keep coming up empty handed. I'm 6-2 though so I'm not hurting too bad.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
In that case, no.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Malcolm Floyd interests me since I lost Keenan and Rivers is playing good, should I think about him? I could drop Bryant.

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer
Alright, I received a counter offer:

I Give:
McFadden
Pierre Garcon

I Get:
Demaryius Thomas

I think I'll accept, as I have enough RB (Martin, Gore, Chris Johnson) to cover the gap left by McFadden's departure. Am I insane?

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost
Similar to the above post, but slightly different. I was leaning towards no before since I expect Lacy to recover. But it seems everyone likes Evans long term and even if he misses a bit of the season I'm basically out of it at 3-5 and playing the clear best team this week.

Dynasty with inflation. Next year prices in parenthesis, goes up by $3 and 10% each year.

Give:
Lacy ($25)
Starks ($4)
G.Tate ($19)

Receive:
Evans ($20)
Karlos Williams ($4)
Coleman ($16)

I have McCoy ($56) and Freeman ($6).

I could ask and may be able to get one of Darkwa ($6) or CMike ($4) instead of Coleman.

For sure he would take Rishard ($33) or DJax ($25) instead of G.Tate.

Suggestions?

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

RBX posted:

Malcolm Floyd interests me since I lost Keenan and Rivers is playing good, should I think about him? I could drop Bryant.

I wouldn't drop Bryant for Floyd. Malcom Floyd is the deep threat. With Allen out, Stevie and the TEs (and probably Woodhead) stand to gain more targets. Not Floyd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

SeannieDarko posted:

I wouldn't drop Bryant for Floyd. Malcom Floyd is the deep threat. With Allen out, Stevie and the TEs (and probably Woodhead) stand to gain more targets. Not Floyd.

That's not true, Floyd is going to benefit although I still wouldn't drop Bryant for him.

• Locked thread