Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Riptor posted:

we have male and female signs for bathrooms but i think there should also be some sort of icon that identifies if the bathroom is a single person dealy or a bigger, multi-person bathroom.

Why

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
so you can start taking your pants off asap

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

Malf posted:

Once i had to take a poo in a public toilet in the US.

why can't you guys figure this out?

it's more so you know who to watch out for if you are actually able to make eye contact with whoever the poor soul is who makes this a problem for you

i've seen some dumb urinal dividers in Europe, like they were there for show and way too low and the line of sight to another's junk was clear, never seen a nonsense urinal divider in the good ol USA

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

The dumbest doors I've seen were at a new- at-the-time (mid 00's) rest stop. It was probably between Indy and East St. Louis or Indy and the Lincoln Tunnel as I can't remember which road trip it was, but it had stall doors are only waist high. So as you were walking to the urinal, you had full view of every Joe Schmoe taking a dump unless you're a midget.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Dirk Squarejaw posted:

The dumbest doors I've seen were at a new- at-the-time (mid 00's) rest stop. It was probably between Indy and East St. Louis or Indy and the Lincoln Tunnel as I can't remember which road trip it was, but it had stall doors are only waist high. So as you were walking to the urinal, you had full view of every Joe Schmoe taking a dump unless you're a midget.

My highschool had half height stall walls and no doors. Just walk in the room and see the upper half of everyone taking a dump. Eventually they made the walls to the ceiling, still with no doors so you had to go and look someone in the eyes if you were looking for an open stall.

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe

OMFG FURRY posted:

james bong

:eyepop:

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
You would think American highschools would have uniform bathroom codes, even just in the same state but somebody always seems to want to do something creative with the design of the shitter. :shrug:

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

Kremlin Kremlin posted:

hey this isn't the volume dial *dies*

When I go to my parents house for summer break and use their car, I'm always terrified im going to kill myself with that godforsaken knob. I see these around way too much and I just wait for that one accidental mistake.

Realistically, I think they have some sort of failure safe that prevents tragedy happening if the car is going over 10MPH or something. But no, I will never test that outwillingly :ohdear:

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

OMFG FURRY posted:

good design, just wrong use of it

I thought maybe this was a picture of one of those holdout apartments in china where everything else for a mile is bulldozed, with a giant gently caress you built up around it.

Too many trees, though.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

PokeJoe posted:

My highschool had half height stall walls and no doors. Just walk in the room and see the upper half of everyone taking a dump. Eventually they made the walls to the ceiling, still with no doors so you had to go and look someone in the eyes if you were looking for an open stall.

lmao what the gently caress

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

PokeJoe posted:

there was some library in San Francisco that had restrooms like this. I have trouble pooping in regular stalls because of that half inch gap between the door and the frame. I couldn't imagine using a restroom with any less.

why no doors though, thats hilarious and terrifying

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Weird American bathrooms are entirely built around the idea that someone will try to destroy them. The main reason you don't see doors in some places is that those same places have people who routinely tear off stall doors, or did when the building was designed.

This is why op drinks urine and eats doodie.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

Sheep-Goats posted:

Weird American bathrooms are entirely built around the idea that someone will try to destroy them. The main reason you don't see doors in some places is that those same places have people who routinely tear off stall doors, or did when the building was designed.

Why are people destroying toilet stalls in usa wtf.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Of all the places to get smashing stuff angry i dont understand why itd be a toilet stall

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007

Kremlin Kremlin posted:

hey this isn't the volume dial *dies*

what the gently caress is this poo poo

I can't imagine how awkward it must be when parallel parking or making a 3 point turn with this loving garbage. Christ, when reversing isn't this a huge loving bitch to reach for when your body is completely turned, looking out the back window?

Elukka
Feb 18, 2011

For All Mankind
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AyVh1_vWYQ

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Melmac posted:

what the gently caress is this poo poo

I can't imagine how awkward it must be when parallel parking or making a 3 point turn with this loving garbage. Christ, when reversing isn't this a huge loving bitch to reach for when your body is completely turned, looking out the back window?

This is common in most modern entry level luxury cars and above

Pease stop being poor/drive a better car.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Romes128 posted:

This is common in most modern entry level luxury cars and above

Pease stop being poor/drive a better car.

"a better car" designed by and for retards

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
Unnecessary clover leaf exits on freeways are absolutely infuriating

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Xaris posted:

lmao what the gently caress

the gym locker room was similar but with one key difference: there was only one shitter and it was exposed to half of the locker room. gotta go before running laps? half the room can see. this one was at least perpendicular to the lockers to you didn't have to see them straight on but their top half was still visible.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

"a better car" designed by and for retards

Lol you too

Sorry about your lovely car / you being poor

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
No matter what obscure folder you put your dick pictures in, Windows 10 will find them and feature them in the bubbly goopy start button menu for all to see!

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Champenema posted:

No matter what obscure folder you put your dick pictures in, Windows 10 will find them and feature them in the bubbly goopy start button menu for all to see!

man don't even get started on windows

we could have a whole thread about bad design in windows

if not an entire forum

we could call it, "Your Operating System is a Piece of poo poo"

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Sheep-Goats posted:

I don't know how many times I have to ask you to stop prying into my private life. And no kink-shaming please.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Romes128 posted:

Lol you too

Sorry about your lovely car / you being poor

sorry about you seeming to think chryslers are good cars

plain blue jacket
Jan 13, 2014

IT DOESN'T STOP
IT NEVER STOPS

Whybird posted:

sure is a nice table you got there

be a shame if someone were to... GET MILK ALL OVER IT

I don't care if this is a page three quote because these are the worst things that exist yet have somehow permeated into our lives like w cancer. I was visiting my grain at her old age home and the nurse brought us some tea. I may as well have drunk it off the loving tray

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

man don't even get started on windows

we could have a whole thread about bad design in windows

if not an entire forum

we could call it, "Your Operating System is a Piece of poo poo"

:agreed:

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

plain blue jacket posted:

I don't care if this is a page three quote because these are the worst things that exist yet have somehow permeated into our lives like w cancer. I was visiting my grain at her old age home and the nurse brought us some tea. I may as well have drunk it off the loving tray

The same problem also exists with many teapots.

I bought a toaster recently where the lever to lift the toast raised it maybe 1cm. It was Morphy Richards. It burned the toast too - I'm guessing too high a temp. I soon replaced it. What a piece o' crap.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
four-way intersections with only three crosswalks

dZPnJOm8QwUAseApNj
Apr 15, 2002

arf bark woof
you guys aren't respecting the laws of liquid adhesion. tip enough to overwhelm the tea's tendency to stick to the side of the pot if not tilted enough

where the gently caress did you learn to pour

dZPnJOm8QwUAseApNj
Apr 15, 2002

arf bark woof
turn the pot completely upside down

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
yea never had a problem pouring liquids its not exactly difficult unless you are using a bucket with holes in

dZPnJOm8QwUAseApNj
Apr 15, 2002

arf bark woof
lol at the thought of some grandma visiting goon ever so cautiously tipping a teapot and the tea running down the front of the pot oh no grandma!!

plain blue jacket
Jan 13, 2014

IT DOESN'T STOP
IT NEVER STOPS

therattle posted:

The same problem also exists with many teapots.

I bought a toaster recently where the lever to lift the toast raised it maybe 1cm. It was Morphy Richards. It burned the toast too - I'm guessing too high a temp. I soon replaced it. What a piece o' crap.

I've had many positive experiences with morphy richards by never buying morphy richards

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Jesus Christ you people complaining about bathrooms. Carry around the Private Bathroom kit

$3 and you've bought yourself a Private Bathroom to almost everywhere on Earth

plain blue jacket
Jan 13, 2014

IT DOESN'T STOP
IT NEVER STOPS

Mein Eyes! posted:

lol at the thought of some grandma visiting goon ever so cautiously tipping a teapot and the tea running down the front of the pot oh no grandma!!

I was paying more attention to my nana and her loving awful hearing you monster :reject:

concerned mom
Apr 22, 2003

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

Professor Shark posted:

Jesus Christ you people complaining about bathrooms. Carry around the Private Bathroom kit

$3 and you've bought yourself a Private Bathroom to almost everywhere on Earth

what do you do with the big foot after you poop in it

plain blue jacket
Jan 13, 2014

IT DOESN'T STOP
IT NEVER STOPS

concerned mom posted:

Put it in a mail box

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)

concerned mom posted:

you put the sign over your face first and then

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Mein Eyes! posted:

you guys aren't respecting the laws of liquid adhesion. tip enough to overwhelm the tea's tendency to stick to the side of the pot if not tilted enough

where the gently caress did you learn to pour

I only like a little bit of milk in my tea. Spill city. And I often do a little test pour of tea before the main event to see if it's sufficiently brewed. Lastly, you savage, I don't want to be pouring at full volume as I reach the top of the cup. :colbert:

• Locked thread