Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Codsworth disapproves when you take drugs or give them to others.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!

Deified Data posted:

God loving dammit the main quest is finding your loving son isn't it.

gently caress gently caress gently caress you're going to die in the end saving him aren't you.

Don't tell me, I don't want to know.

https://youtu.be/MU40pX2yQFA?t=106

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
it certainly seems to have more of a fps feel, which isn't a bad thing.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

A LOT of detail in this Corvega factory, liking it a lot

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Meowbot posted:

I love grenades in video games in fact one of my favorite weapons is the "motion seeking grenades" in advanced warfare. That poo poo was amazing just the sound of "doot doot" and then boom, and then whacky exploding gibs everywhere. It felt grea.t just like how real life swhould be the impact and the agony of grenade death is so satisfying when you see the splinter curl and crack and explode and enemies crumbple to the ground.

But like it seems in fallout there is some ridiculous arbitrary limit on how many grenades you can have. is this still the case/ Like he has 2 grenades. I can carry a whole suit of power armor but 2 grenades, until maybe later or maybe he isn't maxed on grenades but why can't I carry around HUNDREDS of grenades and rain hot hawaiian death upon boston and its inhabitants? I imagine there is some area with more than 3 NPCs that I can throw a grenade into the middle of, t? nah you get 8 grenades probably

Maybe he only has 2 grenades on him?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
you can either release your son for ADAM or kill him for more ADAM

its a deep moral choice

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Yeah at another point he had four grenades. I'm pretty sure he also has 8 molotovs.

dd209
Sep 21, 2015
Molotov'ing himself was a high point.

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

Meowbot posted:

I love grenades in video games in fact one of my favorite weapons is the "motion seeking grenades" in advanced warfare. That poo poo was amazing just the sound of "doot doot" and then boom, and then whacky exploding gibs everywhere. It felt grea.t just like how real life swhould be the impact and the agony of grenade death is so satisfying when you see the splinter curl and crack and explode and enemies crumbple to the ground.

But like it seems in fallout there is some ridiculous arbitrary limit on how many grenades you can have. is this still the case/ Like he has 2 grenades. I can carry a whole suit of power armor but 2 grenades, until maybe later or maybe he isn't maxed on grenades but why can't I carry around HUNDREDS of grenades and rain hot hawaiian death upon boston and its inhabitants? I imagine there is some area with more than 3 NPCs that I can throw a grenade into the middle of, t? nah you get 8 grenades probably

What the gently caress kind of leap of logic is this? You can have as many grenades as you can find, I'm sure. Dude just doesn't have very many.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Fish Fry Andy posted:

In the end your son is evil and made all of the robots, but then killed the robots so you have to team up with the Brohood of Steel and kill him to save America.

Walrus Pete posted:

You can save him or not save him, and if you don't save him the narrator will call you a piece of poo poo and you have to wear a sash that says "BITCH BABY" as you continue to play that character.
Whether these are real or not they both sound stupid enough to be plausible - I'm checking out of this thread.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

frajaq posted:

A LOT of detail in this Corvega factory, liking it a lot

Bethesda has usually been really good at making detailed environments (even if they tend to recycle models to save on budget)

Iymarra
Oct 4, 2010

Survived AGDQ 2018 Awful Games block!
Grimey Drawer
Still going to play the game and enjoy it.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Deified Data posted:

Whether these are real or not they both sound stupid enough to be plausible - I'm checking out of this thread.

I just went with the most generic twist I could think of, so yeah that's the plot.

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

did Cosworth just go "En garde!" then buzzsaw a dudes arm off

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

I don't know if this was seen in any of the earlier leaks but the streamer just found a melee skill magazine, which gave him +5% damage on melee crits permanently. Glad that they're not just gone, which seemed like a real possibility since skill points aren't a thing anymore.

Trustworthy
Dec 28, 2004

with catte-like thread
upon our prey we steal

Fish Fry Andy posted:

In the end your son is evil and made all of the robots, but then killed the robots so you have to team up with the Brohood of Steel and kill him to save America.

Mama Murphy can feel the Liberty Prime seed flowing through your post-apocalyptic balls

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002
Codsworth seems way better than the dog

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Sheen Sheen posted:

He's a robot with chainsaw arms and a flamethrower which sounds a lot better than a dog too.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

ADMIN: Raiders

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Sheen Sheen posted:

But he doesn't like it when I shoot up.

OptimusMatrix
Nov 13, 2003

ASK ME ABOUT MUTILATING MY PET TO SUIT MY OWN AESTHETIC PREFERENCES
For those that don't have android. Here's a demo of the companion app.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpK8gn8SBug&sns=em

MinorRed
Jul 27, 2011

OptimusMatrix posted:

For those that don't have android. Here's a demo of the companion app.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpK8gn8SBug&sns=em

He's wearing the loving pip boy. Stay classy, Gamespot.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

he loving killed himself with a molotov

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

frajaq posted:

he loving killed himself with a molotov

I'm kind of upset I can't watch this train wreck live.

Is the guy at least likeable? Like back when I was waiting for Terraria, my boy P-bat was the absolute dog's rear end at the game, but at least he was a likeable dude.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

It's only game audio, he's not saying anything

Meowbot
Oct 12, 2005

I havent had a plrecription for my eyes in years so the other day I went and got a new one and it hasnt changed. The doctor was like why havent you seen us in 4 years? I told them im scared of op tomietris when the air shoots into your eyes and dilation. They told me my eyes cold get worse....

Danaru posted:

I'm kind of upset I can't watch this train wreck live.

Is the guy at least likeable? Like back when I was waiting for Terraria, my boy P-bat was the absolute dog's rear end at the game, but at least he was a likeable dude.

he using the armor he got in the first 5 minutes of the game for the past 2 days, he is also using a pistol he picked up from the first mob he killed basically he is terrible and doesnt use grenades and there definitely seems to be a limit because he walked over some and he didn't get any more when he scrolled through his pop boy for the 100th time you are luck yyou arent watching this the guy is terrible and confusing and bad nad I wish I was playing or you or someone else who was good at the game because this guy is the worst at he game and his character looks like john romero circa daikatana nothing wrong with that just like weird choice for a character look.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Man what's up with all these monkeys in random places, is this MGS3?

Phil Tenderpuss
Jun 11, 2012
monkey cheese ^__^

Cheap Shot
Aug 15, 2006

Help BIP learn gun?

MinorRed posted:

He's wearing the loving pip boy. Stay classy, Gamespot.

This is the third person I've seen wearing the pip boy and it's sliding around on their arm. Making me real nervous about my preorder. Did they size them to only fit fat-asses? Should I start eating now?

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Meowbot posted:

he using the armor he got in the first 5 minutes of the game for the past 2 days, he is also using a pistol he picked up from the first mob he killed basically he is terrible and doesnt use grenades and there definitely seems to be a limit because he walked over some and he didn't get any more when he scrolled through his pop boy for the 100th time you are luck yyou arent watching this the guy is terrible and confusing and bad nad I wish I was playing or you or someone else who was good at the game because this guy is the worst at he game and his character looks like john romero circa daikatana nothing wrong with that just like weird choice for a character look.

What the gently caress is your damage? If he didn't pick up the grenades of course they aren't in his inventory, you don't walk over poo poo to pick it up.

Christ.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

monkeys and apes where the loving bees knees in the 50s

i'm kind of surprised that this hasn't be touched on in the games before cause man people loving loved the gently caress out of some primates during that time period

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

did they hire the same VA that did shepard

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002
Well, there's your farm :v:

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Cheap Shot posted:

This is the third person I've seen wearing the pip boy and it's sliding around on their arm. Making me real nervous about my preorder. Did they size them to only fit fat-asses? Should I start eating now?

Why did you do this

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
My idea: when the game comes out close this thread and make two new threads for it
1. the rowdy and insane, but at the same time deeply intelligent, shark tank where the baddest boys in Games gather together to rip this game a new one as they watch live streams of each other downloading and installing this piece of poo poo for the lulz and creating epic photoshops of low res background characters until well after Fallout 5's announcement in 2020
2. the safe space hugbox thread for braindead SJW Bethesdorks to spout out inane baby trolls in defense of Todd Howard's latest pile, as well as update each other on the status of their piss-filled diapies. gently caress them.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
HEY GUYS ITS YA BOY P-BAT

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Lumpy the Cook posted:

My idea: when the game comes out close this thread and make two new threads for it
1. the rowdy and insane, but at the same time deeply intelligent, shark tank where the baddest boys in Games gather together to rip this game a new one as they watch live streams of each other downloading and installing this piece of poo poo for the lulz and creating epic photoshops of low res background characters until well after Fallout 5's announcement in 2020
2. the safe space hugbox thread for braindead SJW Bethesdorks to spout out inane baby trolls in defense of Todd Howard's latest pile, as well as update each other on the status of their piss-filled diapies. gently caress them.

done, #1 is here: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3749747
#2 can be this thread

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
dude has 209/210 carry weight, is lugging around mountains of useless poo poo, and then sells only two silver spoons at 0.1 weight each...

Meowbot
Oct 12, 2005

I havent had a plrecription for my eyes in years so the other day I went and got a new one and it hasnt changed. The doctor was like why havent you seen us in 4 years? I told them im scared of op tomietris when the air shoots into your eyes and dilation. They told me my eyes cold get worse....

Magmarashi posted:

What the gently caress is your damage? If he didn't pick up the grenades of course they aren't in his inventory, you don't walk over poo poo to pick it up.

Christ.

no he tried to take all of the inventory and grenades didnt go into it

did previous fallouts have a grenade limit? I dont remember. if not thats cool but in a game where there is a throw grenade button it would be nice to throw lots of grenades .... whats wrong with likin ggrenades :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

Lumpy the Cook posted:

how about a thread where you go to hell!

• Locked thread