Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Dr Pepper posted:

Yeah there's basically no way Delita isn't going to be the FFT Chaos rep.

I don't know. Ajora has a pretty good chance if there is one.Remember that Ajora is possessing Ramza's sister so that gives them pretty easy and digestible conflict. Delita would be more interesting but y'know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
Delita yelling "Blame yourself or God" during victory stance is the main, only, and best reason for him to be chaos rep.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Axetrain posted:

That's what I thought, but when I first carry Galbadia's rules into Dollet and challenge someone to mix rules I get the message "open has spread in this region" which is all fine and good. Now next I want to get Dollet to drop Random, so I go back to Timber (Galbadia) and ask to play cards with the guard there over and over again until he stops asking me if I want to mix rulesets, I should be carrying Galbadia's rules with me now. However when I go back to Dollet nobody I challenge there even asks if I want to mix rules at all and if I go through with playing them random is still there.

I read that because the only rules Galbadia has are open and same AND since Dollet already has open and same (among other rules) I'm not introducing any new rules to Dollet so therefore I can't mix Galbadia with Dollet and will have to introduce something new like sudden death from elsewhere. Sorry if this is confusing I had to read a GameFAQs guide several times to get my head around it.

Yeah there isn't much you can do in that situation without going to get another place's rules. If you managed to get the Card Queen to Dollet, you can try to have her abolish the rules in the region.

I'm assuming you're on Disc 1 and about to head to Galbadia Garden? One thing you can do is to progress through the game and go into Galbadia Garden, then play with the hockey player at the ice rink locker room. He'll have Trabia's rules (Plus/Random). You can use him to abolish rules at Dollet, but it'll take a lot of running back and forth. Alternatively, since none of the CC group will use Galbadia's rules, just use him to spread Plus to Galbadia, and use Galbadia's rules to abolish Dollet's. You can always get rid of Plus later (Deiling is actually a prime place to do it, since there's a woman near the hotel that carries FH's rules. You can use her to get rid of Galbadia's Plus, since Deiling uses Galbadian rules).

ApplesandOranges fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Nov 5, 2015

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Dr Pepper posted:

delita will be the good guy, just as history has taught us

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Dr Pepper posted:

We don't even know if there are Chaos Reps in the new Dissidia, nor would this be the first time a game didn't get a chaos rep (11, 13, 14 will most definitely not have one as well)

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

cheetah7071 posted:

Have you tried spreading in Dollet multiple times? There's a low but nonzero chance that the first person you talk to will just say "gently caress Galbadia's rules, we're playing with Dollet's" and you never get a chance to spread even though you're carrying Galbadia's rules.

Yeah I must have tried it 10 times. I'm just going to move on for now and come back to it later, I already got the Siren card from the dude in the pub despite the lovely random rules and got the QoC to introduce all. I've already spent 2 hours trying to get this done but since I don't need anything else in Dollet for the moment I'm moving on.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Mega64 posted:

gently caress this Dark/Holy Sword bullshit, I want Ramza's attacks to be entirely scream-based or SE is dead(er) to me.

I agree completely.

Geronimoooooooooo!!!!

tonberrykng
May 1, 2009

Axetrain posted:

That's what I thought, but when I first carry Galbadia's rules into Dollet and challenge someone to mix rules I get the message "open has spread in this region" which is all fine and good. Now next I want to get Dollet to drop Random, so I go back to Timber (Galbadia) and ask to play cards with the guard there over and over again until he stops asking me if I want to mix rulesets, I should be carrying Galbadia's rules with me now. However when I go back to Dollet nobody I challenge there even asks if I want to mix rules at all and if I go through with playing them random is still there.

I read that because the only rules Galbadia has are open and same AND since Dollet already has open and same (among other rules) I'm not introducing any new rules to Dollet so therefore I can't mix Galbadia with Dollet and will have to introduce something new like sudden death from elsewhere. Sorry if this is confusing I had to read a GameFAQs guide several times to get my head around it.
After refusing to mix rules in Timber, are you playing at least one regular game in Timber using their rules? You need to play at least one match to "carry" that region's ruleset with you. You don't actually need to complete the match however. Going into the triple triad menu and quitting is enough.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

^^^^Yeah I always make sure to play to the rules screen after he stops asking to mix, and several times I've played whole games with him just to double make sure.^^^^

ApplesandOranges posted:

Yeah there isn't much you can do in that situation without going to get another place's rules. If you managed to get the Card Queen to Dollet, you can try to have her abolish the rules in the region.

I'm assuming you're on Disc 1 and about to head to Galbadia Garden? One thing you can do is to progress through the game and go into Galbadia Garden, then play with the hockey player at the ice rink locker room. He'll have Trabia's rules (Plus/Random). You can use him to abolish rules at Dollet, but it'll take a lot of running back and forth. Alternatively, since none of the CC group will use Galbadia's rules, just use him to spread Plus to Galbadia, and use Galbadia's rules to abolish Dollet's. You can always get rid of Plus later (Deiling is actually a prime place to do it, since there's a woman near the hotel that carries FH's rules. You can use her to get rid of Galbadia's Plus, since Deiling uses Galbadian rules).

Yup Disc 1, just got off the train from Timber and I already moved the QoC to Dollet. Thanks for the advice this is what I was looking for, bookmarked for future reference. I'm just going to have to move some rules around between Galbadia/Dollet/Trabia in the future once I can mix rules with Trabia.

E: Playing the PC version FWIW.

Axetrain fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Nov 5, 2015

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

http://automaton.am/articles/news-bits/dissidia-details-1/

quote:

On the inclusion of Final Fantasy Tactics' Ramza, Kujiraoka noted that the concept behind him is "Warcry Commander" with a focus on support magic. Players will choose between using Shout to strengthen Ramza himself or to strengthen the party.

http://kotaku.com/tetsuya-nomura-on-redesigning-characters-for-dissidia-f-1698169151

quote:

“Ramza is a very popular character, and the image from Mr. [Akihiko] Yoshida are very memorable, so I mulled over it for quite a while before I began drawing.” Nomura noted. “I really pondered over that fact, but in order to preserve the uniformity with the other characters, I gave him a nose.”
:lol:

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Nomura making the hard choices, but that's why he's the man, dammit

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
I forgot that he still worked there after he was removed from 15 but then, I don't follow KH.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Don't worry, he doesn't even know he works there sometimes.

tonberrykng
May 1, 2009
Good luck then. You're probably right in that you need a rule that's not familiar to both regions. For future reference, this was my triple triad bible during my last playthrough (on pc as well). It tells you exactly how to abolish rules in each region and basically removes any guess work.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Well at least they are ditching the awful personalities Terra and Cloud had in the PSP games. Just awful.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I was thinking they should put Seifer in Dissidia but then thought Rinoa would be cool or maybe Selphie and now I realise I just want a VIII remake

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Axetrain posted:

^^^^Yeah I always make sure to play to the rules screen after he stops asking to mix, and several times I've played whole games with him just to double make sure.^^^^

Yup Disc 1, just got off the train from Timber and I already moved the QoC to Dollet. Thanks for the advice this is what I was looking for, bookmarked for future reference. I'm just going to have to move some rules around between Galbadia/Dollet/Trabia in the future once I can mix rules with Trabia.

E: Playing the PC version FWIW.

Once you're done, it's not a bad idea to use the hockey player to abolish Trabia's rules; it makes getting the Selphie card much easier, and you'll want to modify Trabia's rules anyway to make the CC exploits on Disc 4 easier.

You can also abolish FH's rules, but I'd actually advise against it. FH only has Sudden Death and Elemental, neither of which are major threats, and you might need them to get rid of Lunar's rules. Feel free to spread Open, though.

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

Pyroxene Stigma posted:

Well at least they are ditching the awful personalities Terra and Cloud had in the PSP games. Just awful.

What? You didn't like "I won't sleep well tonight" :emo: or Terra whimpering every few minutes? :v:

All I'm hoping for is either playable/boss Cosmos, and more Chaos reps .

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

On Dollet's rules: It doesn't start with Same, so if it has that regardless, then you also spread Same there (in addition to Open), and that's what's been loving you up with trying to use Galbadia's rules. As suggested, go with the Trabia exchange student in Galbadia Garden's locker room; they'll have Plus and Random, and Plus will get you where you're going. (Just don't accidentally spread it too.)

If you want to abuse the game's lovely random number generator in your favor, then do this:

1. Go pick up Trabia's rules by going challenge/no until they stop offering to combine, which will typically take around 8 challenges. 25% chance, checked on challenge (dialogue with square, regardless if you say yes or no and get to the game menu), of pushing the carried rules back, and there's a "most recent" and a "second most recent" slot it keeps them in.

2. Go back to Dollet and save upstairs in the pub (Move-Find needed). Since you've gotten the Siren card from the pub owner, you've unlocked his secret card playing room which is handy for consuming random numbers deliberately. Also the Queen of Cards is in Dollet (this affects RNG manipulation, since every challenge in the QoC's region uses an extra random number to see if that region adopts her personal trade rule).

3. Do a hard reset. This is basically any means of resetting the game from a console level, such as power cycling, launching an application, choosing "reset game" from a PS3/emulator menu, etc. I don't know how the PC version offers that function but I expect it does. If necessary, closing and relaunching should do it.

- In contrast, a soft reset is resetting the game without doing that, which basically means the key combo of shoulder buttons + select + start, or getting a game over.

4. Because FF8's RNG is dumb, the hard reset sticks it at a specific place. We're gonna take advantage of that and deliberately use random numbers as follows. In between any of these you'll need to go back and repeat steps 1-3. These instructions will work with your scenario (QoC in Dollet, Open already spread to Dollet, carrying Trabia's rule set of Plus/Random).

Abolish Same: Of the three, this one's the biggest pain. March into the secret card playing room and start clicking on the magazine stack right next to the door entrance. If you hard reset correctly, it should give you items on clicks #5, #14, and #17. It stops using random numbers once it's given you 3 items per visit to the room, so after you get the third item on click #17, leave and re-enter the room. Click the magazine stack 5 more times (you should get a fourth item on click #2 in this round) to hit a net total of 22 loving clicks. Challenge the pub owner to cards and say no, 1 time. Challenge the pub owner to cards, say yes, and quit from the rules screen.

- If you do this first, you can safely use Galbadia's rules instead of Trabia's to get rid of Random and Elemental. They'll work too.

Abolish Random: March into the secret card playing room and click on the magazine stack a whopping 1 time. Challenge the pub owner to cards and say no, 2 times. Finally, challenge them to cards, say yes, and quit from the rules screen.

Abolish Elemental: March into the secret card playing room and click on the magazine stack 2 times. Challenge the pub owner to cards and say yes, then quit from the rules screen. (There is no challenge/no used at all.)

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
So there's gonna be other characters from side games in Dissidia?

My lifelong dream of playing a fighting game with the trio of Benjamin, Luso, and Boco will finally come true.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Mega64 posted:

My lifelong dream of playing a fighting game with the trio of Benjamin, Luso, and Boco will finally come true.

I just assume any of the Theatrhythm characters are potential candidates since that game was loosely using the Dissidia lore.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Vil posted:

On Dollet's rules: It doesn't start with Same, so if it has that regardless, then you also spread Same there (in addition to Open), and that's what's been loving you up with trying to use Galbadia's rules. As suggested, go with the Trabia exchange student in Galbadia Garden's locker room; they'll have Plus and Random, and Plus will get you where you're going. (Just don't accidentally spread it too.)

If you want to abuse the game's lovely random number generator in your favor, then do this:

1. Go pick up Trabia's rules by going challenge/no until they stop offering to combine, which will typically take around 8 challenges. 25% chance, checked on challenge (dialogue with square, regardless if you say yes or no and get to the game menu), of pushing the carried rules back, and there's a "most recent" and a "second most recent" slot it keeps them in.

2. Go back to Dollet and save upstairs in the pub (Move-Find needed). Since you've gotten the Siren card from the pub owner, you've unlocked his secret card playing room which is handy for consuming random numbers deliberately. Also the Queen of Cards is in Dollet (this affects RNG manipulation, since every challenge in the QoC's region uses an extra random number to see if that region adopts her personal trade rule).

3. Do a hard reset. This is basically any means of resetting the game from a console level, such as power cycling, launching an application, choosing "reset game" from a PS3/emulator menu, etc. I don't know how the PC version offers that function but I expect it does. If necessary, closing and relaunching should do it.

- In contrast, a soft reset is resetting the game without doing that, which basically means the key combo of shoulder buttons + select + start, or getting a game over.

4. Because FF8's RNG is dumb, the hard reset sticks it at a specific place. We're gonna take advantage of that and deliberately use random numbers as follows. In between any of these you'll need to go back and repeat steps 1-3. These instructions will work with your scenario (QoC in Dollet, Open already spread to Dollet, carrying Trabia's rule set of Plus/Random).

Abolish Same: Of the three, this one's the biggest pain. March into the secret card playing room and start clicking on the magazine stack right next to the door entrance. If you hard reset correctly, it should give you items on clicks #5, #14, and #17. It stops using random numbers once it's given you 3 items per visit to the room, so after you get the third item on click #17, leave and re-enter the room. Click the magazine stack 5 more times (you should get a fourth item on click #2 in this round) to hit a net total of 22 loving clicks. Challenge the pub owner to cards and say no, 1 time. Challenge the pub owner to cards, say yes, and quit from the rules screen.

- If you do this first, you can safely use Galbadia's rules instead of Trabia's to get rid of Random and Elemental. They'll work too.

Abolish Random: March into the secret card playing room and click on the magazine stack a whopping 1 time. Challenge the pub owner to cards and say no, 2 times. Finally, challenge them to cards, say yes, and quit from the rules screen.

Abolish Elemental: March into the secret card playing room and click on the magazine stack 2 times. Challenge the pub owner to cards and say yes, then quit from the rules screen. (There is no challenge/no used at all.)

Holy poo poo this actually worked. Thanks a bunch, I wish I asked here before wasting all that time trying to figure it out. It seems like ludicrous bullshit that you have to perform all these oddball steps though.

Axetrain fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Nov 5, 2015

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Vil posted:

So if you do this, does it abolish Random globally? Like I wouldn't run into it on the space station, either?

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
You people have never played Dissidia have you

Some games didn't have an opposite number. Prishe from FF11 and Shantotto were on the same side. Gabranth in the first Dissidia didn't have Vaan as an opposite, he had Shantotto as the two representatives of the relatively recent FFs. I for one don't want Delita in a Dissidia game. A guy who dies by getting backstabbed by his waifu who got hosed over by life itself is no proper husbando for me!

:goonsay:

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Mega64 posted:

SUNDOWN KID FOR DISSIDIA

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
ACTUALLY HOLD THE loving PHONE, WHAT THE gently caress IS WITH THAT RETARDED DESIGN.

WHERE IS HIS SPIKY EDGE ARMOR???? not muh ramza

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Wanna play as Sundown Kid, Kevin from Seiken Densetsu 3, and a Chocobo.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

The White Dragon posted:

So if you do this, does it abolish Random globally? Like I wouldn't run into it on the space station, either?

No, just from that region.

Honestly the Lunar Base rules aren't that bad if you're smart about Plus, especially since there's Open in play. Same is the most annoying one for me. Also the long run from the save point to Ellone if you end up goofing and losing a level 8 or higher card due to Same/Plus shenanigans.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
I want a character from Square Enix's blockbuster hit Life is Strange, like resident cool teacher Mark Jefferson. His attacks are taking pictures of you. His HP attacks are taking pictures of you with a tripod.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Gologle posted:

A guy who dies by getting backstabbed by his waifu who got hosed over by life itself is no proper husbando for me!

Delita didn't die, he went on to be king for a few decades. He stabbed the gently caress out of Ovelia though.
:goonsay:

(goonsay because it's canon)

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Gologle posted:

I want a character from Square Enix's blockbuster hit Life is Strange, like resident cool teacher Mark Jefferson. His attacks are taking pictures of you. His HP attacks are taking pictures of you with a tripod.
I don't have any interest Dissidia but I would seek out whatever obscure Sony peripheral you need for it these days if it included cross overs from SE's western franchise.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
I would love to see Dissidia include Wei Shen from Sleeping Dogs. Power yourself up by eating pork buns.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Lahabrea or Gaius van Baelsar should be the XIV villain rep.

MarsDragon
Apr 27, 2010

"You've all learned something very important here: there are things in this world you just can't change!"

corn in the bible posted:

delita will be the good guy, just as history has taught us

Delita was always the good guy. While Ramza was off committing fratricide he was ending the Lion War. I can think of no better man to lead Ivalice.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.

kirbysuperstar posted:

Would Lahabrea be killed by a randomly passing naked adventurer?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

kirbysuperstar posted:

Even the other Antagonists poo poo on Lahabrea for being lovely.

It's gonna be Baelsar or just no bad guy. Maybe two Scions, Yda to accent Y'shtola's magic casting.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Fuckin Crono is gonna be announced for Dissidia and it's gonna be a day 0 buy.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Bet Lara Croft will be in it to promote her new game.

Also I hope Marche and Mewt is reverse and Marche is on 'Team Chaos'.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Axetrain posted:

Holy poo poo this actually worked. Thanks a bunch, I wish I asked here before wasting all that time trying to figure it out. It seems like ludicrous bullshit that you have to perform all these oddball steps though.

Here's an example for abolishing Same: our goal "asks" are as follows (with # being the number of RNG checks since resetting it with a hard reset):

#29: 170 (try to spread Open)
#30: 136 (try to spread Sudden Death)
#31: 60 (try to spread Same, then try to abolish Same)
#32: 89 (< 128 so abolishment succeeds)

Which boils down to:
- Open must not be spreadable
- Sudden Death must not be spreadable
- If QoC in region: hard reset the RNG, use 25 numbers somehow, then challenge (26, 27, 28)/yes/quit
- If QoC not in region: hard reset the RNG, use 26 numbers somehow, then challenge (27, 28)/yes/quit

In the instructions from my previous post, it basically said "use 17 numbers from the magazine stack, leave and re-enter so the magazine stack keeps working, use 5 more numbers from the magazine stack (up to 22 numbers used now), challenge/no once (25 numbers used, since QoC in region), challenge/yes/quit (the asks land where we want them to, per above)."

There's plenty of flexibility in the "use ____ numbers somehow" part.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
I can't believe nobody brought up Adam Jensen for Dissidia yet.