Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What gun are you going to use in this Call of Duty?
The good one that everyone else uses
Another, different gun
View Results

• Locked thread
BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan

Stux posted:

he said a console u seem to have pasted in a link to a dvr

This is the COD thread where the only thing we poo poo on is COD. Save your retarded console warrior poo poo for the shark tank thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

BCRock posted:

This is the COD thread where the only thing we poo poo on is COD. Save your retarded console warrior poo poo for the shark tank thread.

please calm down

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -
Ops weren't black enough: didn't preorder

Alpha Mayo
Jan 15, 2007
hi how are you?
there was this racist piece of shit in your av so I fixed it
you're welcome
pay it forward~
BLOPS2 on PC is frustrating as gently caress to play right now due to the huge number of hackers, I wonder how many months I can enjoy BLOPS3 before the same happens. I am somewhat tempted to buy a PS4 since I imagine hacking is much less common on consoles.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Meta Ridley posted:

I imagine hacking is much less common on consoles.

Every Call of Duty game on the 360 had hackers after 1-2 years. All of them.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Mister Macys posted:

Every Call of Duty game on the 360 had hackers after 1-2 years. All of them.

shouldn't be an issue on xbone/ps4, the 360 was hacked wide open very early on but neither current gen consoles are

Bloodmobile
Jun 15, 2012

Meta Ridley posted:

BLOPS2 on PC is frustrating as gently caress to play right now due to the huge number of hackers, I wonder how many months I can enjoy BLOPS3 before the same happens. I am somewhat tempted to buy a PS4 since I imagine hacking is much less common on consoles.

OTOH PS4 is almost certainly never going to get the mod tools or the player-hosted dedicated servers they have promised for PC either. Treyarch have also come up with their own anticheat solution for this game so it's not even guaranteed it will be easy to cheat indefinitely like in Blops2.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

SilentW posted:

i promise i will before Destiny sucks me back in like the hoover-attached fleshlight it is

Should be fine, Destiny won't have much going on besides King's Fall Challenge Mode and Trials of Osiris for the next little while.

Mister Macys posted:

Watch Fight Club until you believe in its message. #Bernitdown

You can't search a Community specifically, it's in the player's profile only (may change).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjuLRgq7CAg
tl;dw - Search Mister_Macys -> Communities -> Join Community/Send Request
You can also search the profile of a friend you know is already in a community you wish to join, too.

Baller, thanks.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Stux posted:

shouldn't be an issue on xbone/ps4, the 360 was hacked wide open very early on but neither current gen consoles are

For now... :tinfoil:
I hope you're right though.

So, why doesn't CoD use Valve Anti-Cheat for PC, anyways?

SilentW
Apr 3, 2009

my It dept hgere is fucking clwonshoes, and as someone hwo used to do IT for 9 years it pains me to see them fbe so terriuble

Mister Macys posted:

Probably because to use VAC, you have to hook it into you code in a ton of different places, and you also have to use CEG for copy protection via Steam.
Also, VAC doesn't work very well. Neither does CEG. So...

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Oh. I'd always heard it was better than the rest, for what that's worth. :geno:

penis bandana
Aug 6, 2008

Mister Macys posted:

Oh. I'd always heard it was better than the rest, for what that's worth. :geno:

VAC is so good that finding cheaters in CS:GO is basically up to the players now.

Bloodmobile
Jun 15, 2012

Mister Macys posted:

Every CoD has used VAC on PC since at least MW2. VAC is not intrusive enough to be able to detect new cheats, it will only catch known or very poorly programmed cheats. There are several people running very blatant aimbots in AW on PC who have been doing so on the same account for months and have been reported countless times but nothing ever gets done about them.

neurotech
Apr 22, 2004

Deep in my dreams and I still hear her callin'
If you're alone, I'll come home.

Aussie goons: Where's the cheapest place to get this?

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

so when I go to the blops website the countdown timer says 4hrs:57mins... is this just incorrectly using my timezone or will it actually release early in australia/nz ?

edit: what I mean is - is it releasing @ midnight in each timezone or @ the same moment globally.

Qmass fucked around with this message at 09:17 on Nov 5, 2015

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I live ~15 hours away, so it sounds correct.

Err, I'm an idiot and can't count. :doh:

Sounds like you're first, followed by the rest of the planet. Congrats. :cheers:

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 09:20 on Nov 5, 2015

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

All MP stuff leaked in one place: https://www.reddit.com/r/blackops3/comments/3ris78/black_ops_iii_high_res_screenshots_of_everything/

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene

Qmass posted:

so when I go to the blops website the countdown timer says 4hrs:57mins... is this just incorrectly using my timezone or will it actually release early in australia/nz ?

edit: what I mean is - is it releasing @ midnight in each timezone or @ the same moment globally.

It's releasing midnight locally here in Australia.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

lmao@NotXur

Use your strange keys to buy cosmetic engrams loot crates from him!

Bloodmobile
Jun 15, 2012

Qmass posted:

New Zealand Steam Store Page For Black Ops 3 posted:

Notice: This game will launch in Australia and New Zealand on Thursday, November 5, 2015 at 3:00pm UTC.

So the PC version of Blops3 is going live at that time at least, don't know about digital console versions.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

https://www.callofduty.com/blackops3/loyalty

Probably already posted, but free camo/reticle/emblem etc for your old cod achievements.

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene

Bloodmobile posted:

So the PC version of Blops3 is going live at that time at least, don't know about digital console versions.

I've got it preordered digitally on PS4 and it's unlocking in 4 hours and 18 minutes from now.

Miley Virus
Apr 9, 2010

neurotech posted:

Aussie goons: Where's the cheapest place to get this?

If you're doing PC ozgameshop is doing a Steam key for $60 AUD. They're legit.

Otherwise Big W has it for $64, JB for $68

Miley Virus fucked around with this message at 10:43 on Nov 5, 2015

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh
It would be a laugh if the digital downloads didn't include the day one patch, which you then had to spend 4 hours downloading in order to play online.

Question for Xboners. Last November on DAY ZERO it took ages for Advanced Warfare to install and patch before I could get playing. My connection speeds are decent (76Mbmps down, 19Mbps up) but the Xbox often doesn't hit those speeds even though it's capable, according to the bandwidth test.

So when I get this bad boy tomorrow, am I better installing it from the disc while offline, and then download the patch when I connect to the intertubes, or should I let it do that simultaneous install/download thing?

neurotech
Apr 22, 2004

Deep in my dreams and I still hear her callin'
If you're alone, I'll come home.

Miley Virus posted:

If you're doing PC ozgameshop is doing a Steam key for $60 AUD. They're legit.

Otherwise Big W has it for $64, JB for $68

How soon does ozgameshop deliver their keys?

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Well if you live in New Zealand the game is all launched http://www.twitch.tv/directory/game/Call%20of%20Duty%3A%20Black%20Ops%20III

Miley Virus
Apr 9, 2010

neurotech posted:

How soon does ozgameshop deliver their keys?

I ordered from them a few hours ago and haven't got mine yet. Hopefully since they're Aus-focused they'll send keys out at 12am or something? Doesn't give you long to preload but it's better than paying $60 USD

"Pre-ordered products (including codes) will be sent out as soon as we receive them from our suppliers, either on or a couple of days before the release date stated in the product description."

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

WattsvilleBlues posted:

It would be a laugh if the digital downloads didn't include the day one patch, which you then had to spend 4 hours downloading in order to play online.

http://www.thegamescabin.com/black-ops-3-day-one-patch-for-xbox-one-is-3gb-available-now/

Patch is available on the bone now, not sure if it'll automatically download or you have to kick it off.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Best quality stream + commentary I've seen so far: http://www.twitch.tv/oqyh

venutolo
Jun 4, 2003

Dinosaur Gum
HCCTF: yay!

No HCKC or HCDom: mega boo!

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

victrix posted:

lmao@NotXur

I never asked for this

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Looks great so far. Maps look good. Disappointed in apparent lack of Combat Training like mode, but that's it.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

victrix posted:

lmao@NotXur

God, Vondy really loved Destiny.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

venutolo posted:

Damnit. When I don't have goons to play with I prefer HC but I'd like something other than TDM.

Pretty_Llama
Nov 11, 2009

venutolo posted:

No HCKC?? Heartbreaking.

strategery
Apr 21, 2004
I come to you baring a gift. Its in my diper and its not a toaster.

Bloodmobile posted:

I ordered from greenman for 40 bucks but havent gotten my steam key to allow me to pre load :(

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
Been playing for a couple hours and this is honestly one of the best single player campaigns in a FPS in a long, long loving time. Just what I expect from Treyarch. I can't wait to see the multiplayer maps.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Alexander DeLarge posted:

one of the best single player campaigns in a FPS in a long, long loving time

The faintest of praises.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

The faintest of praises.

To be fair, Black Ops 1/2 have had fantastic campaigns. This one just surpasses both in spectacle and fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
i'm irrationally excited to play this call of duty game later

• Locked thread