Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Caper
Feb 20, 2005

Fallen Rib
That was a great episode, and now I'm gonna go watch Constantine, haha.

(Also, how the crap did Sara get into Thea's hospital room? Laurel and Ollie were right there!)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

That's probably the best episode they've done since season 2. Can't wait for the return of Ray next week

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

That was a fun episode.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Of all the people to wander on to that island, Constantine seems the most natural...Why is he there? He's John Constantine and that's just what the gently caress he does.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Great episode. Loved Constantine. Was shocked to see Parker Young on the show and not playing a bumbling idiot, because he does it so well (I miss you Enlisted and Suburgatory). Man this show is firing on all cylinders right now.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That hug between Ollie and Laurel? That's the first nail in Felicity's coffin right there.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Caper posted:

(Also, how the crap did Sara get into Thea's hospital room? Laurel and Ollie were right there!)

It's not they had Thea behind a laser grid security system, Sara could have came through the window. This was before they knew Sara could track Thea.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Rhyno posted:

That hug between Ollie and Laurel? That's the first nail in Felicity's coffin right there.

Fittingly the last nail will literally be the last nail they put in her coffin before she ends up in that grave from episode 1

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

Of all the people to wander on to that island, Constantine seems the most natural...Why is he there? He's John Constantine and that's just what the gently caress he does.

He uses it to bury his enemies/friends.

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

I never knew how much I wanted an Arrow/Constantine crossover episode until seeing that last one.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Pretty great episode. When does Constantine start?

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
On Earth-2, Arrow was cancelled and Stephen Amell went on to guest-star in an episode of Constantine.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

BrianWilly posted:

On Earth-2, Arrow was cancelled and Justin Hartley went on to guest-star in an episode of Constantine.

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"

Stunt Rock posted:

I wish Neal McDonough could be in every single scene.

It's nice having a main villain who talks like a regular person and can make jokes after some of the recent ones that have been way too overly melodramatic and formal in their speech patterns. I enjoyed his annoyance at Quentin. "What, was this guy your best buddy or something?"

Oroborus
Jul 6, 2004
Here we go again

Caper posted:

If this was Arrow season 3, next week is where we find out Laurel let Sara into the room (ollie walked up after she was in there) to kill Thea, as it had just been established that it would bring Sara back. Just for dramas sake.

Loved the episode, very glad Arrow is back to being good every week again.

Constantine should go onto LoT, he already knows Sara.

edit: We also now show how Oliver got his chinese writing tattoo on his stomach since it didn't happen when he was in china. I wonder if that was a throw away or later Oliver will have magic powers due to it.

Oroborus fucked around with this message at 14:16 on Nov 5, 2015

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Kind of wish the Constantine episode had more Constantine. Also I'm pretty sure they got around the difference between main show and island filming by not actually doing the Constantine scenes on "the island."

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

the darkest timeline

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

Oroborus posted:

Constantine should go onto LoT, he already knows Sara.

Oh, this. A LoT with Constantine would be wonderful, as long as they know how to write him.

mcswizzle
Jul 26, 2009

Oroborus posted:

edit: We also now show how Oliver got his chinese writing tattoo on his stomach since it didn't happen when he was in china. I wonder if that was a throw away or later Oliver will have magic powers due to it.

I get the feeling it's going to be something to help him fight Darkh - mystical energy or whatever. Assuming the tattoo disappears after use, then we know it hasn't been used yet, and Constantine did say Oliver would know what to do when the time came

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

I kinda want to retroactively think that the tattoo had something to do with the midseason finale shenanigans of season 3 (was gonna write it out but then I saw someone hadn't seen S3 yet so spoilers).

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Constantine is so weird as a non-smoker. The lighter flicking reads as pyromania.

EricFate
Aug 31, 2001

Crumpets. Glorious Crumpets.

Chokes McGee posted:

Fittingly the last nail will literally be the last nail they put in her coffin before she ends up in that grave from episode 1

Now that they have a new 'tech wizard' character in the story, she is just expendable enough for that to work.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

EricFate posted:

Now that they have a new 'tech wizard' character in the story, she is just expendable enough for that to work.

Well he's a tech wizard and a decathlete so he'll more likely be their field tech while Felicity calls the shots at the Quiver.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Golden Bee posted:

Constantine is so weird as a non-smoker. The lighter flicking reads as pyromania.

He smokes, they just are odd about him doing it on screen. His show started with a lot of him just putting out or about to start a cigarette. They eventually let him actually smoke when the writing was on the wall.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

Rhyno posted:

The 100, Vampire Diaries, the Originals, Reign, Jane the Virgin.

I'm sure I'm missing something but the producers of Arrow/Flash have said LoT will be the last comic show on the CW.

So far, Vampire Diaries has lost it's main actress and this season seems to tank in the ratings (1.24 million viewers, 0.4), so I'm thinking next season is their last. The Originals is also not very good (1.1 million viewers/0.4) even after adjusted for DVR/Hulu screenings. These may leave.

Plus, network heads of CW have stated their reneging on Supergirl was a mistake and they wouldn't be opposed to another "super" show. So there's hope yet.

From what I recall, Constantine was fine, it just kind of fell into a VERY similar formula to Supernatural, Grimm, and Sleepy Hollow, and those were already established shows.

Hatrocious
Jan 1, 2013
Interesting how Constantine chose to scratch his back with the feather of a dead peacock

wereboat
Jun 23, 2011
I loved the scene where Oliver pulls out his cell phone and calls Constantine in the GA suit. Something about it made me giggle.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
So I'm going to go against the grain and say this was a pretty weak episode, mostly because it got bogged down in setting up LoT.

Constantine was fun but sadly I think he's a one off due to rights issues.

Mortanis
Dec 28, 2005

It's your father's lightsaber. This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight.
College Slice

Hatrocious posted:

Interesting how Constantine chose to scratch his back with the feather of a dead peacock

Best bit, right here.

As an avid follower of Constantine the show, that hit the spot perfectly, but leaves me again with that hollow feeling now that Ryan's gone.

No reason they can't bring in Zatanna now, though. Magic's out of the bag in CWverse.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
The tattoo must have been John's cell number in phonetic Chinese.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

sbaldrick posted:

So I'm going to go against the grain and say this was a pretty weak episode, mostly because it got bogged down in setting up LoT.

Constantine was fun but sadly I think he's a one off due to rights issues.

He's not.

They can write him in whenever the actors schedule allows. Just depends on how much he liked it and blah blah blah.

Joe Chill
Mar 21, 2013

"What's this dance called?"

"'Radioactive Flesh.' It's the latest - and the last!"

Pan Dulce posted:

From what I recall, Constantine was fine, it just kind of fell into a VERY similar formula to Supernatural, Grimm, and Sleepy Hollow, and those were already established shows.

Yeah, surprisingly most of the episodes were mediocre and derivative from a show based on a comic with 300 plus issues. It's really depressing because Matt Ryan is good at playing Constantine. The series really needed a show runner like Bryan Fuller IMO.

I liked the crossover episode, it was really fun, though I found the pacing kinda fast.

Mortanis
Dec 28, 2005

It's your father's lightsaber. This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight.
College Slice
I enjoyed Constantine, but yeah, it suffered in a sea of other supernatural-themed shows. It would have been a good idea to go more balls to the wall with it - Swamp Thing, for starters.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Mortanis posted:

I enjoyed Constantine, but yeah, it suffered in a sea of other supernatural-themed shows. It would have been a good idea to go more balls to the wall with it - Swamp Thing, for starters.

$20 says that if they introduce Swamp Thing to the Arrow-verse he's gonna be on that fuckin' island like everything else.

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

Joe Chill posted:

Yeah, surprisingly most of the episodes were mediocre and derivative from a show based on a comic with 300 plus issues. It's really depressing because Matt Ryan is good at playing Constantine. The series really needed a show runner like Bryan Fuller IMO.

I liked the crossover episode, it was really fun, though I found the pacing kinda fast.

OHMYGOD a Bryan Fuller Hellblazer show with Matt Ryan as Constantine would be incredible

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

Hatrocious posted:

Hooooooooly poo poo I can't believe I didn't get that.

Mortanis posted:

Best bit, right here.

As an avid follower of Constantine the show, that hit the spot perfectly, but leaves me again with that hollow feeling now that Ryan's gone.

No reason they can't bring in Zatanna now, though. Magic's out of the bag in CWverse.

I've had the same thought, I'd be so drat down with Zatanna as a third pillar in the CW-verse Trinity to replace Wonder Woman. Hawkgirl works too but who knows if she's gonna actually be any good.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Hatrocious posted:

:vince:

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

No Butt Stuff posted:

He's not.

They can write him in whenever the actors schedule allows. Just depends on how much he liked it and blah blah blah.

I thought in an interview they said they only had him for a one off due to cost sharing with NBC

XboxPants posted:

Hooooooooly poo poo I can't believe I didn't get that.

I've had the same thought, I'd be so drat down with Zatanna as a third pillar in the CW-verse Trinity to replace Wonder Woman. Hawkgirl works too but who knows if she's gonna actually be any good.

Zatanna's problem is that her powers would be a lot more expensive then they generally play with FX wise. Supergirl suffers from this issue at times, and I'd say it has a bigger budget then Arrow and Flash.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
What's Matt Ryan busy doing? Is her on Broadway at the moment?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Golden Bee posted:

The mercenaries probably took his jacket where his cigs were. He was smoking halfway through his aborted series.

• Locked thread