Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

tsob posted:

Who's the new cover story arc for? Can't see anything to distinguish who it's supposed to be on the front page.

I imagine it's gonna be about reactions to the new bounties

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

d[-.-]b
Aug 1, 2004

my fav champ that hero who cats a spell that make all bad guy fall down and say my dick BIG
It's Surume the kraken.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Boogaleeboo posted:

Law made an alliance with Luffy thinking that he would have any say, at all, in the insanity that was to follow this decision.

Law is clearly an idiot.

That and he didn't expect to live through Dressrosa anyway.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

"d[-.- posted:

b" post="452089127"]
It's Surume the kraken.

I like how he's holding another doomed ship happy as a clam

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Dog-girl seems to think the b-crew are dead and is wearing Nami clothes. Are we about to come across a pile of dead, naked Fakehats?

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Say Nothing posted:

Dog-girl seems to think the b-crew are dead and is wearing Nami clothes. Are we about to come across a pile of dead, naked Fakehats?

No way. This is definitely a fake out.

...that, or there's a relatively quick way to undo death. :ohdear: Either way, there's no way the b-crew would be permanently dead.

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?

frajaq posted:

I imagine it's gonna be about reactions to the new bounties

also it's a quick way to get life updates about all the side characters

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
You can't make the princess look like Nami when there's a dog face, so they did the clothes to conpensate.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

This is just probably going to lead into another Nami flashing the crew joke.

F. Lobot
Jul 6, 2010

If Carrot has a float devil fruit are we to assume Shiki is dead? Or did Shiki never have the Float Float Fruit to begin with? That wasn't ever mentioned in Chapter 0 so it's fair game to retcon?

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

bobjr posted:

This is just probably going to lead into another Nami flashing the crew joke.

I did think the one where she just gets changed in the middle of the carriage on Rocket Man was pretty funny.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

F. Lobot posted:

If Carrot has a float devil fruit are we to assume Shiki is dead? Or did Shiki never have the Float Float Fruit to begin with? That wasn't ever mentioned in Chapter 0 so it's fair game to retcon?

It might be a different class of floating fruit too, since Shiki's didn't allow him to make his own body float and Carrot definitely seems to be able to control herself.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Dunno how I feel about Luffy admitting he knows someone's name but prefers the nickname he gave them. I enjoyed thinking he couldn't be bothered to learn the names and so opted for the nicknames instead.

d[-.-]b
Aug 1, 2004

my fav champ that hero who cats a spell that make all bad guy fall down and say my dick BIG

Lpzie posted:

Dunno how I feel about Luffy admitting he knows someone's name but prefers the nickname he gave them. I enjoyed thinking he couldn't be bothered to learn the names and so opted for the nicknames instead.

That bothered me, too. All the other times, like when he called Hancock "Hammock", it was pretty clear he just called people whatever he felt like.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Luffy is smarter than he acts.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
Luffy knows the names he just can't be bothered untill the dumb bear can't figure it out

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Having a bear yelling "who the hell is Tra-guy?!" was pretty funny.

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
No the crew needs to be dead it's some bullshit if he says they're dead and they're not.

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

I'd imagine it was especially confusing on the current island, as he was actually saying "Tora-guy"/"Tiger-guy" or something like that. It's understandable that the first thing Law's crew thought of was another animal person, and not their captain's surname.

deep space nein
Aug 25, 2011
Didn't Luffy call Hancock the right name when she snuck him into Impel Down as a way of showing his gratitude?

Also the bunny person has the elevator fruit, it's so obvious

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.
Luffy is not an idiot. He's just a free spirit.

He calls people he respects by their real names.

brainSnakes
Jul 11, 2011

I'd never save you in a million years

Crazyeyes posted:

Luffy is not an idiot. He's just a free spirit.

He calls people he respects by their real names.

Yeah, often after they've won his respect by being cool pirate bros. See: Bartolomeo like two loving chapters ago?

I more see this as a different kind of hilarious, where Law is cool enough to remember but not cool enough to call by first name on a regular basis.

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011

Prison Warden posted:

I did think the one where she just gets changed in the middle of the carriage on Rocket Man was pretty funny.

That works as a gag because Nami isn't doing it to be all fan servicey, she just doesn't give a poo poo about the Galley-La Crew and what they think of her.

Man I loved Paulie being a puritan about women dressing with short skirts. What a goofball.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

At the end of the arc where everyones relaxing at the pool

"...have you ever seen a bathing suit before???"

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dog, what are you doing? Get away from there.
You don't even have thumbs.
Next chapter we learn that Rody has a half-brother who was taken away to a far-off kingdom called Dressrosa and forced to participate in colosseum fights. Rody confirmed for next crew member.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.

Awesome, I love Robin's contribution. Robin is great.

Brooke is saying "Ah, it looks like your bones will break." :yohoho:

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

It would be quite funny if Sanji is dead two chapters after a new plot thread is teased about him.

advokat
Nov 17, 2012
Looking forward to the news-around-the-world cover arc.

lowercase16
Apr 19, 2008

Cyclops actually has two eyes.

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

It would be quite funny if Sanji is dead two chapters after a new plot thread is teased about him.

Wanted: Only Alive

*immediately dies*

Adlai Stevenson
Mar 4, 2010

Making me ashamed to feel the way that I do

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

I want Sanji's real name to be Jack

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013
New chapter's out.
I can't believe Sanji is loving Dead.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

So Sanji's corp somehow saved the Minkmen (possibly from Jack), got flowered with gifts, but!

DID HE JUST KICK IT!? :holymoley:

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

dordreff posted:

I can't believe Sanji is loving Dead.

It's ok just replace him with Sai

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
You'd think people would be more concerned with the revelation of who's the father of Makino's baby

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007
Luffy as a chew toy was pretty inspired.

I think Sanji got kidnapped along with Caesar, Momo and Brooke

Advice
Feb 17, 2007

Je veux ton amour
Et je veux ton revanche
Je veux ton amour
I don't wanna be friends
I don't really appreciate the multi-chapter fakeout because everyone knows Sanji is alive but I'm just so enchanted by Zou I can't get upset.

Robin continues to shine with her internal thoughts, adorable elephant is great.

Is that the joke? That the animal girls can't resist chewing on Luffy because he's rubbery? That's funny I guess.

So is Sabo the father or what? Dadan's buddy appears to be wearing his hat, so does that mean he came back to the island? Or did they just get it from the wreckage of his ship, and he never wore it before now?

And what is this cover arc, anyway? People responding to Luffy's bounty? Didn't we have that exact thing already?

I dunno this arc rules and unless they're pulling a Whiskey Peak it's pretty awesome to have an island's inhabitants love the Strawhats from the start. There's plenty of conflict from Kaido and whatever anyway, no need to waste time with the whole, "misunderstanding puts the crew in bad graces until the end of the arc" stuff.

Okay so Jack is "no longer alive" but then on the next page he's "definitely still alive out there" and he's looking for something he thought was on Zou but nobody even knew about? Can we get a translation clarification?

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Ask me about being a racist piece of shit with a racist gimmick

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dog, what are you doing? Get away from there.
You don't even have thumbs.
I think we're overlooking the best character introduced this chapter.

Nekozaemon :kimchi: I hope he survives long enough for Robin to lose herself over him. Though knowing Kanjuurou's artistic ineptitude, he's gonna bite the dust as soon as he makes it to the top too. :saddowns:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

Advice posted:

Okay so Jack is "no longer alive" but then on the next page he's "definitely still alive out there" and he's looking for something he thought was on Zou but nobody even knew about? Can we get a translation clarification?

Most likely he was officially declared dead in the newspapers, but Dog-Nami doesn't believe it.