Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Maybe they're actually trying to defuse the situation without unnecessary fatalities? Ditching eggs at people is, yes, still a crime but the punishment for it is also not usually capital. Generally people trained to use guns are told to only even think about touching the holster is someone's life is in danger and unlike certain newsworthy police forces they're simply following that training.

E: VVV That's what I wanted to say but I guess you're braver than me. :v:

AlphaKretin has a new favorite as of 03:01 on Nov 5, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Turtlicious posted:

Why aren't the police officers beating / shooting these people?

They're not in the US.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

AlphaKretin posted:

Maybe they're actually trying to defuse the situation without unnecessary fatalities? Ditching eggs at people is, yes, still a crime but the punishment for it is also not usually capital. Generally people trained to use guns are told to only even think about touching the holster is someone's life is in danger and unlike certain newsworthy police forces they're simply following that training.

I know I wasn't serious when I asked why they didn't shoot and I am quite certain the poster you quoted isn't serious, either. Was it that difficult to detect? :(

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Besesoth posted:

They're not in the US.

i guess European cops never learned how to assert authority.

Authority Asserted

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

TotalLossBrain posted:

I know I wasn't serious when I asked why they didn't shoot and I am quite certain the poster you quoted isn't serious, either. Was it that difficult to detect? :(

Nah that'd be my bad for being unsure and assuming the worst. :downs: Guess the 'freude's on me.

E: for content

AlphaKretin has a new favorite as of 03:12 on Nov 5, 2015

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Smushmouf throw the egg

Also, drat I kinda wanna get one of them riot shields and get my Cap America on.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

ekuNNN posted:

No thats the Dutch ones, they're still made of wicker :cop:

Leave it to the Dutch to have artisanal riot shields...

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

Wanamingo posted:

Law and fire actually really hate each other.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJUecEoj6dc

e: I know it's a hockey game and everything, but this wasn't an isolated incident. Whenever the two groups get together lots of fights tend to break out.

the goalies just hanging out watching everyone else fight

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

It's amazing how often feet get caught like that.

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost

darkwasthenight posted:

This is all just... a really loving dumb bunch of words and I hope you feel bad for typing something this stupid on a public forum. Sit over there and think about what you did for a while.

You go champion of the first amendment you. :thumbsup:

The last time I got called a human being by some random dickhead I didn't go "well that's just your opinion and I respect your right to have it!" Me and my brother bashed the poo poo out him.

Freudian
Mar 23, 2011

Slugnoid posted:

The last time I got called a human being by some random dickhead I didn't go "well that's just your opinion and I respect your right to have it!" Me and my brother bashed the poo poo out him.

*stands up and claps*

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.

Slugnoid posted:

And that brother was Einstein.

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

Parkingtigers posted:

And that brother was Einstein.

Whom he then married.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

grumplestiltzkin posted:

It's almost like the bible is an internally inconsistent mess indicative of a work cobbled together by men instead of being the work of an infallible god or something. Weird.

no you see it all makes perfect sense if you just interpret it correctly because

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006
Everyone please shut the gently caress up about: cops, how tough you are, the bible. Thanks!

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

AlphaKretin posted:

E: for content

Goddamn, that's an "...I'm going to go home and rethink my life" moment.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Apparently when electricity first started being available everywhere, there were a lot of people who didn't know how to not do bad things to get electrocuted.

I'm cracking up at the expressions they gave the people. Especially the train wire piss guy and the baby chewing on the live wire.

http://allday.com/post/6448-vintage-drawings-show-the-bizarre-ways-to-get-electrocuted-in-the-1930s/

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer

MisterBibs posted:

So here in Illinois, there was a much-loved cop that went missing and was eventually found dead. Over 300,000 bucks was spent trying to find the guy, his killers, whatever. Of course, lots of conservatives blamed Black Lives Matter for it. Lots of talk about how he was such a nice guy, totally a hero, etc.

Turns out, he killed himself because he and some other cops had been embezzling money for a while now, and he was acutely aware that the higher-ups were going to find out about it.

Just want to point out this part of the article-

quote:

At least one man paid for a tattoo to have the fallen cop memorialized.

I sincerely hope it was this photo-

Dex
May 26, 2006

Quintuple x!!!

Would not escrow again.

VERY MISLEADING!

Ariza posted:

Everyone please shut the gently caress up about : cops, how tough you are, the bible. Thanks!

i'm tougher than cops thanks to the bible

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost
Car thief caught with his pants down.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VaexS3tKYk

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Turtlicious posted:

Why aren't the police officers beating / shooting these people?

This is the weirdest way to discover you're color blind.

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

You are the first crack in the sheer face of god. From you it will spread.
Some primo schadenfreude in last night's Celtics game. Context:

C's have the ball with 1.1 seconds left before halftime. They have to get the ball from one end of the court to the other and make a basket in 1.1 seconds. So, Jae Crowder chucks the thing all the way across the floor from where he's inbounding it...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJL-D-rcd50

...And it goes in instead of getting to his man on the other end of the court. It doesn't count because he was out of bounds when he threw it. I was listening to the game on the radio in my car when it happened. The Celtics' hyperactive color commentator was literally speechless. The other broadcaster just stammered "it went in" before saying that Crowder could do that 1,000 more times and it'll never happen again.

Also, the Celtics ended up losing by 2 points. :negative:

gnapo
Mar 8, 2014
"it would be cool to get video from the woods"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HC89KRV7l9M

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Say what you will but that's an amazing shot.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

So good that it actually looks fake. Note there's a dude stood in the woods when the thing's spinning at the ground.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Slugnoid posted:

Car thief caught with his pants down.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VaexS3tKYk

I love the whimpering the thief makes once the big guy's on top of him. "You're going to jail, fucker." "a bloo bloo bloo :qq:" "Bring me my pants. And bring me a knife."

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

UraniumFuelElement posted:

I think the firefighters were protesting in that instance, I remember seeing it a while ago. The egg throwing was a different protest.
Haha, that's fantastic.

Subjunctive posted:

Goddamn some rednecks would lose their minds if you had firefighter-on-police protest action in the US.
Even better, cop vs military protests.

Hello Ketene
Dec 30, 2011

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Mistakes were made

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBVTtL5WovU

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

i flunked out posted:

the goalies just hanging out watching everyone else fight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZrdJpW3fbI&t=68s

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

:psyduck: why???

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

It almost looks like he's pissed at losing so he tries to hit the winner with the guy in the chair.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Dude just had that smug look about him.

Apocadall
Mar 25, 2010

Aren't you the guitarist for the feed dogs?

The real schadenfreude is poor parenting.

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

How not to overtake: http://i.imgur.com/AWJJH4o.gifv

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
That's some impressive air time on that roll.

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006
Someone scanned and tweeted The Fat Jew's book in its entirety.

https://twitter.com/updog7
(Likely getting killed off soon.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Ass, gas, or grass. No one rides for free.

Slugnoid posted:

Congratulations on somehow being less mature and reasonable than a literal bigot.