Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Help Im Alive posted:

I live in the UK and don't know who Jeff Dunham is + it's weird that achmed the dead terrorist and jose jalapeno are real things

You know when Hayes and Sean joke about how the "garbage fuckin' flyover states" are an awful, culturally-starved wasteland? As much as they're poking fun at NY/LA elitism...there's some truth to that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pH1Zaef7XXA&t=145s

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
The one with Peanut doing the Night Before Christmas made me chuckle so I turned it off before any more of that happened.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?
Dearest Spoon Nation,

Mitch got pranked into thinking his apartment was haunted by Jimmy Kimmel
http://youtu.be/ggMNWji6WzA

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

"the only thing that I have left is this towel upon my head."

Also, people know that Doughboys isn't an Earwolf show right. It's not even Wolfpop or Howl.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
It's Earwolf adjacent

anotherone
Feb 8, 2001
Username taken, please choose another one
I've started a Doughboys thread, please go post there:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3750020

anotherone fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Nov 4, 2015

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Drunkboxer posted:

The best part was when he was just reading that Sam Mendes articles and seemed surprised how over-the-top hollywood bullshitty it already was.

"You’re trying to surf the big wave, so be prepared to be wiped out — but when you catch it, it feels like nothing else."

Well that's just some loving good advice right there.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Help Im Alive posted:

I live in the UK and don't know who Jeff Dunham is + it's weird that achmed the dead terrorist and jose jalapeno are real things

And yet we still used to get Achmed ringtone Jamster TV adverts, despite the fact he was never popular over here at all.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

Can someone listen to Yo Is This Racist? and tell me why "Youtube makeup people" are apparently racist?

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009

piratepilates posted:

Can someone listen to Yo Is This Racist? and tell me why "Youtube makeup people" are apparently racist?

I've never listened to YITR and all I've heard from it is that time a couple of years ago when I4H played a snippet from it so I assume it's extremely bad.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Nope

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

piratepilates posted:

you have to listen and find out if the thing is racist or not, thats the magic of Yo is this racist.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

Mr. Squishy posted:

"the only thing that I have left is this towel upon my head."

Also, people know that Doughboys isn't an Earwolf show right. It's not even Wolfpop or Howl.

What's being an ear wolf or howl show got to do with whats on topic in this, the OFFICIAL fan blog for holly wood handbook.

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

manyak posted:

you have to listen and find out if the thing is racist or not, thats the magic of Yo is this racist.

that's why I like "Denzel Washington is the greatest actor of all time"

if i forget or i need a refresher, the title says it all

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

piratepilates posted:

I wouldn't even tell my worst enemy, an extremely racist person, to listen to Yo Is This Racist?

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Time to sound the "Wild Horses are on WSGLL" alarm http://earwolf.com/episode/bonus-wild-horses-the-perspective-kate-berlant/
Also, apparently a youtube makeup person applied dark makeup to resemble a meme. Neither the host nor guest had heard anything about any of this, so it resolved to the YITR default position of "Yeah, probably. Got to be, right?"

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

That's just one of the episodes of their Howl show

Fiendly
May 27, 2010

That's not right!

This is a rebroadcast of an episode of their Howl show, The Perspective, which is kinda like Spontaneanation but with Wild Horses replacing Paul and his guest improvisers. It's a solid listen if you missed it on Howl, though.

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

i4h is loving crazy good today

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Yeah, for once the musical guest was not just great, but significantly added to and elevated the scenes.

Doesn't hurt that Dan Deacon isn't just some mopey old folk musician.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i want to marry sean

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Lmao

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

This is just fantastic

anotherone
Feb 8, 2001
Username taken, please choose another one
if you haven't watched it, The Grinder is really funny and you should watch it.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
Sean is also involved with Ash vs. The Evil Dead and that is also good.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD
I thought Sean and Hayes was doing all of the movies and TV?

Shnooks
Mar 24, 2007

I'M BEING BORN D:
I4h was hilarious but the music wasn't my thing. Listened anyways and was worth it

grilldos
Mar 27, 2004

BUST A LOAF
IN THIS
YEAST CONFECTION
Grimey Drawer
Don't listen to that motherfucker, Dan Deacon is a wonderful change of musician from Generic Middle American Acoustic Dude.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Does Besser still press him with "Okay what's that song about, I mean like really specifically; share with us the exact moment that inspired that song and all the details" questions? That's what really annoys me about I4H musical episodes. If the point is to do a scene based off of the song, but all you're going to do is get the singer to break the whole story down for you like a traditional monologue, why have them play it? It's extra frustrating when the artist is singing songs with pretty direct, surface level messages and then he just starts pressing them for the really personal details that they aren't comfortable sharing.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I feel like he isn't as bad with that anymore but I dunno. I tend to like the musical episodes a lot even though I skip the songs most of the time.

If anyone skipped the Frank Turner one a few weeks ago you should definitely listen to that because I think it was one of the best episodes of the year

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
Yeah, that one was really good.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:

JethroMcB posted:

Does Besser still press him with "Okay what's that song about, I mean like really specifically; share with us the exact moment that inspired that song and all the details" questions? That's what really annoys me about I4H musical episodes. If the point is to do a scene based off of the song, but all you're going to do is get the singer to break the whole story down for you like a traditional monologue, why have them play it? It's extra frustrating when the artist is singing songs with pretty direct, surface level messages and then he just starts pressing them for the really personal details that they aren't comfortable sharing.
Haven't had time to listen to this full episode yet, but yeah he asks a little bit about the intro song which had me cracking up a bit. It was like a rad soft little edm ditty, who has ever listened to that for the deep lyrics and meaning.

UNRULY_HOUSEGUEST
Jul 19, 2006

mea culpa

EL BROMANCE posted:

And yet we still used to get Achmed ringtone Jamster TV adverts, despite the fact he was never popular over here at all.

I used to happily imagine that only the US could make Dunham a thing, but then I found out that he tours the UK every year and plays stadiums. He's obviously very good at playing to a very specific section of society.

http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/Jeff-Dunham-tickets/artist/806157 The comments section is full of total exuberance from the extremely stupid.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

piratepilates posted:

Hey guys I listened to an episode of Yo, Is This Racist?

The Youtube MakeUp People in question was an asian dude who did makeup to look like a black person. Andrew "Earwolf Boss" Ti and other guy decided that no it was not really racist in this case! It was not particularly good and I did not enjoy it that much! I hope this helps!!!

edit: well I paused it with a few minutes to go and now soundcloud won't let me resume it, so much for that

edit: nevermind, I had to close the dumb overlay it popped up, back to listening to the rest of it

edit: oh it's just 3 minutes of not show stuff, welp that was 10 minutes of Yo, Is This Racist?

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009

piratepilates posted:

You're a hero and I appreciate what you've done for us.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica

piratepilates posted:

The Youtube MakeUp People in question was an asian dude who did makeup to look like a black person. Andrew "Earwolf Boss" Ti and other guy decided that no it was not really racist in this case! It was not particularly good and I did not enjoy it that much! I hope this helps!!!

edit: well I paused it with a few minutes to go and now soundcloud won't let me resume it, so much for that

edit: nevermind, I had to close the dumb overlay it popped up, back to listening to the rest of it

edit: oh it's just 3 minutes of not show stuff, welp that was 10 minutes of Yo, Is This Racist?

Now do Denzel Washington is The Greatest Actor of All Time Period. I'm really curious what they talk about in that one.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

UP AND ADAM posted:

Now do Denzel Washington is The Greatest Actor of All Time Period. I'm really curious what they talk about in that one.

That's not an Earwolf podcast so I won't give it the time of day!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

That russian nesting doll burned slim jim sketch really went places. Lapkus had way too much fun with it.