Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

queserasera posted:

Is it just me or does Butterscotch's face look vaguely like Wilford Brimley's?

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Tt_AbIRGj8o

His coat is nice and soft, his butt rid of mess: DIABEETUS

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Alter Ego posted:

His coat is nice and soft, his butt rid of mess: DIABEETUS

BEETUSCOTCH :3:

More cuteness from our pal Dwayne "Dog Whisperer" Johnson

https://www.facebook.com/DwayneJohnson/videos/10153927299904384/

Tofu Terry
Oct 4, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

That looks like a hognose. They have the best snoots.

norton I
May 1, 2008

His Imperial Majesty Emperor Norton I

Emperor of these United States

Protector of Mexico
My dog had to go out in the rain for a few minutes Monday morning.

norton I has a new favorite as of 04:04 on Nov 5, 2015

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
From the schadenfreude thread :

Did you give Butterscotch a bath?

Bumblefuck!
Jan 20, 2007

This is kind of sad, but I'll ask you to bear with me.

Just today we learned that one of our favorite cats adopted from the shelter had passed away. His name was Paolo, and everyone absolutely loved him. He was one of a litter of abandoned kittens that someone had found and brought in a number of years ago. All the other kittens were nice and healthy, but Paolo was born with severe pectus excavatum, and no one was sure that he would survive more than a couple days.

He underwent multiple surgeries to correct his chest cavity. The vets were so enamored with him, that every time they had to change his chest cast, they would give the cast a fancy new design.

My mother was fostering him and his siblings at the time, and it was always fun to come by and see his new outfits

Thanks to those surgeries, he went from having days to live to living a happy life with his adopted family. :unsmith:

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer
Aw no, I remember seeing him on SA in the little shirt and tie cast. Maybe the YOSPOS thread, I don't recall :smith: I'm so sorry. At least he lived a longer and happier life than he would have otherwise.

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!

norton I posted:

My dog had to go out in the rain for a few minutes Monday morning.

#wrecked #ihatemondays #dogmaterial

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

I just want you to do one thing with Butterscotch

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

And Chili was never heard from again.

CharlieWhiskey
Aug 18, 2005

everything, all the time

this is the world

Hmm, i don't this your catbread should move like that

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

It's p cruel to remove a sea slug from its natural habitat

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
My autistic younger brother's only friend, a rescue shelter quadruple-amputee FIV+ cat named Cinderblock, was recently given untreatable bone cancer by a holocaust-denying pedophile, and we are now forced to defray the cost of his vet bills by using him as an inexpensive substitute for Christmas ham.

What I'm saying is I'm feeling kinda down, can I get some adorable hippo pics up in here?

anotherblownsave
Feb 26, 2008

The sponsors will like you better this way, trust me.

Bumblefuck! posted:

This is kind of sad, but I'll ask you to bear with me.

Just today we learned that one of our favorite cats adopted from the shelter had passed away. His name was Paolo, and everyone absolutely loved him. He was one of a litter of abandoned kittens that someone had found and brought in a number of years ago. All the other kittens were nice and healthy, but Paolo was born with severe pectus excavatum, and no one was sure that he would survive more than a couple days.

He underwent multiple surgeries to correct his chest cavity. The vets were so enamored with him, that every time they had to change his chest cast, they would give the cast a fancy new design.

My mother was fostering him and his siblings at the time, and it was always fun to come by and see his new outfits

Thanks to those surgeries, he went from having days to live to living a happy life with his adopted family. :unsmith:

This story was the best part of my day. It's amazing the lengths that veterinarians will go to save an animal, I'm really sorry to hear he passed, but man he was well loved while he was around. That's what's most important. :unsmith: now I wanna go adopt a kitten

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

ellie the beep
Jun 15, 2007

Vaginas, my subject.
Plane hulls, my medium.

Breetai posted:

My autistic younger brother's only friend, a rescue shelter quadruple-amputee FIV+ cat named Cinderblock, was recently given untreatable bone cancer by a holocaust-denying pedophile, and we are now forced to defray the cost of his vet bills by using him as an inexpensive substitute for Christmas ham.

What I'm saying is I'm feeling kinda down, can I get some adorable hippo pics up in here?

Don't have any hippos, but here's some absolutely terrible cats. They're so gross!

http://worstcats.tumblr.com/

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!

Breetai posted:

cinderblock p good name for quadruple amputee cat tho

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

I am out of state for a training, I will... give it a shot when I get home on Sunday.

ToiletOtter
Jun 18, 2007

Our Sammy singing a Serious solo Song.
My husband was inspired to create this.
"You can post it if you want."

He's working out.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT
^^^Your husband rules :)

Three words: BABY BAT BLANKIE

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=724789100987757

BOOTY-ADE has a new favorite as of 05:42 on Nov 6, 2015

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

I don't know a thing about turning things into gifs so just gonna link some vines stolen straight from twitter.

Birb https://vine.co/v/eYTxxmxDT9l

Hello https://vine.co/v/eYA53dpMLzv

Helping hand https://vine.co/v/eDeVgbFrt9L

ToiletOtter posted:

He's working out.

I think Butterscotch fanart is definitely a direction I want this thread to go in :3:

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

What does it mean when birds do this with their pupils??

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

ToiletOtter posted:

He's working out.

Oh my :woop:

So the internet at my training is utterly abysmal and you wouldn't believe how annoying and tedious it is to make simple posts and use imgur. If you all didn't enjoy him so much, I wouldn't bother going to the trouble of sending you the pictures my fiancee is sending me to cheer me up.

I told her about how one of the guys at my training is this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vpJ_k3t6s4

Literally, him. When I asked him what he did for a living, he introduced himself with that video.

And that he wasn't even the worst of the crop.

I then find out that she is on the couch, watching Netflix with Butterscotch and I became absurdly jealous:

I told her to make sure he gets all the rubbins and I was assured that would be the case:

And then, a few minutes later, I get a text and a picture that simply says "He's crushing me, I can't breathe."

It sucks being away from concentrated awesome, my fiancee, Butterscotch, Monty, and my birds... ugh. Hard three days. I'll try my best to enjoy THE HAMMER

Chili has a new favorite as of 06:40 on Nov 6, 2015

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

Chard posted:

What does it mean when birds do this with their pupils??

It means they're excited! It's called "pinning". Depending on body language, it can be either happy excited or scared excited. That birb right there is a happy bird, though! "Peek a boo!"

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

I like how her expression is 'this is painful but adorable what do I do I can't move him!'

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

How does a cat even get so spread with the frontlegs. What a supergoob :3:

Sociopastry posted:

It means they're excited! It's called "pinning". Depending on body language, it can be either happy excited or scared excited. That birb right there is a happy bird, though! "Peek a boo!"

Thanks! I moved recently and now all of a sudden there's all these cool wild birds near me , I want to know everything about all of them and also all the birds

e:
these dorks hang out all day like 30' from my office window, it's great (not my picture of course)

Chard has a new favorite as of 06:45 on Nov 6, 2015

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

Chard posted:

Thanks! I moved recently and now all of a sudden there's all these cool wild birds near me , I want to know everything about all of them and also all the birds

e:
these dorks hang out all day like 30' from my office window, it's great (not my picture of course)

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3513778

this is the bird thread in PI, it's amazing and will fill your need for birds. I haven't posted in it in a while, but I still like to read. Just a warning, though, it will make you want a tiny feather dinosaur of your own.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
Fiancee couldn't sleep. And worse yet, there was a sleeping Scotchlax blocking the path to her laptop.

She used SCRATCH

It's not very effective...

darkwasthenight
Jan 7, 2011

GENE TRAITOR

Breetai posted:

Have a baby pygmy hippo.

I was lucky enough to get to meet a pygmy hippo a few years ago. They're shiny because they secrete a lubricant like sweat to keep them moisturised, which means when you rub their backs they lather up like they're covered in shampoo. The squeakiest animals.

I also got to rub a rhino and a family of aardvarks. Baby aardvarks are obsessed with boots apparently. They grow into their paws, sort of, but not their ears.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

Chard posted:

e:

Yo that's a Great Egret, if that's what you're wondering.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

YggiDee posted:

Since we're talking about Greats...

Great Dane

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

YggiDee posted:

That is a bottle of Toilet Duck. Don't care what anyone says.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Writer Cath posted:

Since we're talking about Greats...

Great Dane

Im pretty sure this dog was a general during WWI

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Elias_Maluco posted:

Im pretty sure this dog was a general during WWI

Certainly had the right amount of brainpower to qualify.

dupersaurus
Aug 1, 2012

Futurism was an art movement where dudes were all 'CARS ARE COOL AND THE PAST IS FOR CHUMPS. LET'S DRAW SOME CARS.'

Ugh, why would you post such a terrible cat here?

Tasoth
Dec 13, 2011

Chard posted:

Because cat clavicles aren't anchored like most mammals. They're free floating which lets them fit through any hole they can stick their head into. Apparently.

Cats are weird.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
Conversations

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
Oh god that weird chittering meow :kimchi:

Here's another video from the heavy metal cover guy Leo Moracchioli, again featuring his adorable little daughter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaULR6g-EJY

Such awesome feelgood stuff :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
My friend's cat has evolved a bit.

He used to eat about half a can of food, go sit for a bit, go take a dump, and then go back to eating.

NOW, he sees him grabbing the can of food, so he immediately heads to the litter box to make sure there's room for num nums.

He's learning :catstare:

• Locked thread