Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dresh
Jun 15, 2008

hrmph.
When Caitlin asked Jay if Tahiti was a thing on Earth-2, I was disappointed he didn't call it a magical place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Mortanis posted:

Earth 2 Aquaman should be played by Justin Hartley.

He's going to be E2 Green Arrow.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Longbaugh01 posted:

Are we forgetting that the scheme was sorta Iris' idea?

Iris's metahuman power is cockblocking Barry.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

jscolon2.0 posted:

Iris's metahuman power is cockblocking Barry.

No way, having Cisco build remote viewing Raybans was awesome.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

tsob posted:

He was definitely being very responsible about Zoom, but at the same time, it did feel more than a little contrived and childish that he felt the need to hide the fact he had been temporarily blinded for his date. Why would he not just ring and explain he's been blinded due to a problem at work and he's on his way but might just be a touch late?

The exact excuse he eventually used was what I was thinking the whole time: "just say you went to the eye doctor and had your pupils dilated".

There was no reason to do something that complicated except for comedy value. Luckily the comedy was gold so all is forgiven!

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
What is Vibe's power in the comics? I pretty much dismissed it because its current DC, but got the impression he had some kind of vibration gauntlets or something?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

twistedmentat posted:

What is Vibe's power in the comics? I pretty much dismissed it because its current DC, but got the impression he had some kind of vibration gauntlets or something?

Originally it was sound waves. The newish version has cross dimensional powers as well but his book was loving horrible so I quit after the first issue.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

Guy A. Person posted:

The exact excuse he eventually used was what I was thinking the whole time: "just say you went to the eye doctor and had your pupils dilated".

There was no reason to do something that complicated except for comedy value. Luckily the comedy was gold so all is forgiven!

Getting your pupils dilated doesn't make you completely blind though. It just makes you really really sensitive to light, and a tad blurry. a good pair of sunnies, combined with it being dinner time would have fixed it just fine.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Patty straight up said, "Hey, you aren't going to come up with some bullshit sciencey excuse to ruin this date, right?" when they planned the thing, Barry didn't want to give her the impression that he was doing anything like that which is why he tried to hide his condition for as long as he did, rather than give the dilated pupils excuse straight up and disappoint her thinking he was bullshitting her.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Dresh posted:

When Caitlin asked Jay if Tahiti was a thing on Earth-2, I was disappointed he didn't call it a magical place.

...and mean it literally, with a meta with magic powers showing up next episode.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
I like how Iris was able to stop Dr. Light by shooting her with a gun while Barry had to get peptalked into some Goku-style chicanery.

Hey maybe Barry should just carry a gun.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

BrianWilly posted:

I like how Iris was able to stop Dr. Light by shooting her with a gun while Barry had to get peptalked into some Goku-style chicanery.

Hey maybe Barry should just carry a gun.

But, like... 52 guns maaaaaaaaaan.

Also that episode was much better than the last one but man JayFlash is a biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitch

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

"I'm guessing my counterpart did something to offend her, too."
"Her fiance died because of him."
"Oh." :heel turn:

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
That "I'm out" walk back to the lab was hilarious.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

VDay posted:

Good episode but I really wish they'd spend some more time thinking of ways for Barry to deal with his enemies that didn't make him look like a pants-on-head idiot. I know it's part of the show and you just kind of have to accept it, but was there really no scenario that they could think of that would make Dr Light an actual challenge for Barry to fight? I mean hell they already had the whole blind thing, why not use that for more than a (fun) gag on a date?
Yeah, that seemed like a legitimate problem for him as the Flash, but they made it a Barry problem instead. And I can't believe the response that blind date bullshit has gotten. It was painful to watch. Just say you've been temporarily blinded but you said you wouldn't let "science stuff" get in the way so you came anyway.

Dresh posted:

That did seem like a really out-of-place reference.

Klungar posted:

Patty straight up said, "Hey, you aren't going to come up with some bullshit sciencey excuse to ruin this date, right?" when they planned the thing, Barry didn't want to give her the impression that he was doing anything like that which is why he tried to hide his condition for as long as he did, rather than give the dilated pupils excuse straight up and disappoint her thinking he was bullshitting her.
He could still go. In fact, when Iris suggested that Crisco could help I thought she meant he could drive Barry to the restaurant. That's what a normal person would do. He's seen a doctor, he knows his vision will be fine within a few hours, just go on your date.

I do agree with the general consensus on Harry though. Basically single-handedly saving this show. Oh, and I really liked the way he was clearly getting super frustrated with everyone blaming him for stuff Thawne did. I wanted him to just snap and go "Two people who look the same are not the same person! Do identical twins not exist in this world?"

Tiggum fucked around with this message at 13:23 on Nov 5, 2015

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

Tiggum posted:

when Iris suggested that Crisco could help I thought she meant he could drive Barry to the restaurant. That's what a normal person would do.
I imagine that Iris totally did mean and expect that, but the idea of not including an absurd Three's Company style scheme and high-tech surveillance equipment into this plan simply never occurred to Cisco or Barry.

Which is as it should be.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

VDay posted:

Good episode but I really wish they'd spend some more time thinking of ways for Barry to deal with his enemies that didn't make him look like a pants-on-head idiot. I know it's part of the show and you just kind of have to accept it, but was there really no scenario that they could think of that would make Dr Light an actual challenge for Barry to fight?

They missed a perfect opportunity to give Barry's mask and cowl temporary white-out-comic-style lenses under the guise of like "it'll block or reflect the light, Barry... Run!"

:flashfap: ed: drat you non img-tagging phone posting! :argh:

Duke Chin fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Nov 6, 2015

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Robot Hobo posted:

I imagine that Iris totally did mean and expect that, but the idea of not including an absurd Three's Company style scheme and high-tech surveillance equipment into this plan simply never occurred to Cisco or Barry.

Which is as it should be.

No, the best thing about the scheme was how low tech it was and how lovely the camera was.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

Duke Chin posted:

They missed a perfect opportunity to give Barry's mask and cowl temporary white-out-comic-style lenses under the guise of like "it'll block or reflect the light, Barry... Run!"

http://i.imgur.com/OHzDEW5.png

Why aren't you working for them!?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Duke Chin posted:

http://i.imgur.com/OHzDEW5.png

I was expecting this, and when he showed up the second time without even a pair of normal sun glasses my fiancee said, "he'll never learn will he?"

No honey, the writers will never learn.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
I think Barry had a hard time with Dr Light because she blinded him and that's traumatizing. It has to be hard where the first part of every encounter with a metahuman is getting your rear end whupped. (Barry even says so on the limited series Vixen.)

ComposerGuy
Jul 28, 2007

Conspicuous Absinthe
I only just started thinking about this but....Wells-2 knows an awful lot about Barry. The whole time he's berating Jay he's basically saying "Barry Allen is a better Flash than you ever were or ever could be" and acting like he knows all about Barry. How long has he been here?

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Tiggum posted:

He could still go. In fact, when Iris suggested that Crisco could help I thought she meant he could drive Barry to the restaurant. That's what a normal person would do. He's seen a doctor, he knows his vision will be fine within a few hours, just go on your date.

I was actually expecting sitcom style (which is basically where the date seems straight out of) shenanigans with Cisco going on a double date and helping Barry along.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
They all seemed to forget to ask Wells why he was spotted stealing something from Tina McGee labs.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

I think he was stealing the gun he shot Sharkdude with.

Did Jay actually go back to Earth 2? I can't remember how they left that.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Jay just walked away to be broke and homeless I think.

My current crazy speculation theory: Wells2 is Eobard 2 who traveled back in time fighting Barry Flash, and begun his plot that Eo1 did in season 1. However, his plans to accelerate the Flash's creation backfires and he ends up with Jay Flash, and Zoom instead of Barry flash.

"He made almost the exact mistake I did"

ComposerGuy
Jul 28, 2007

Conspicuous Absinthe

MacheteZombie posted:

"He made almost the exact mistake I did"

Eh, I dunno. Actual, original Wells made that mistake as well, just later. Eobard moved it up.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

ComposerGuy posted:

Eh, I dunno. Actual, original Wells made that mistake as well, just later. Eobard moved it up.

Like I said, crazy speculation lol.

Coupled with his knowledge of speedster tricks, it could be true. probably not

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I like how Flash was fast enough to make like 20 or 30 copies of himself, but not fast enough to run behind Dr. Light and knock her out.

This was after he plucked three bullets out of the air while everyone else was pretty much frozen.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Thread title is so good.

Every single line that came out of Crisco's mouth was 100% certifiable gold. I laughed out loud.

I can't even contain how much I love Carlos Valdes

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I didn't like the "what, so you can shut me down again?" line. He should have got a slap in the face for that rather than an apology. He's the one who should have apologized for asking someone out while they're at work, that's like a major faux pas.

Especially during the rush hour. The standard rule of thumb: if the person you are approaching is not allowed to leave, do not ask them out.

greatn fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Nov 5, 2015

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

greatn posted:

I didn't like the "what, so you can sit me down again?" line. He should have got a also in the face for that rather than an apology. He's the one who should have apologized for asking someone out while they're at work, that's like a major faux pas.

what

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

*alsos ur face*

DO YOU GET IT NOW??

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.

I think also is supposed to be slap? Still doesn't make much sense though.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
OK fixed it

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Kendra is hosed when Lisa finds out about this.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Lisa isn't the jealous type, she likes to make others jealous.

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."

greatn posted:

I didn't like the "what, so you can shut me down again?" line. He should have got a slap in the face for that rather than an apology. He's the one who should have apologized for asking someone out while they're at work, that's like a major faux pas.

Especially during the rush hour. The standard rule of thumb: if the person you are approaching is not allowed to leave, do not ask them out.

what

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Rurea posted:

Thread title is so good.

Every single line that came out of Crisco's mouth was 100% certifiable gold. I laughed out loud.

I can't even contain how much I love Carlos Valdes

Honestly every line reading he did had some delivery choice that improved it, he's very impressive. It seems like he's playing the character with more confidence this year as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

Mortanis posted:

Earth 2 Aquaman should be played by Justin Hartley.

I liked the Aquaman pilot too man :smith::hf::smith:

They're really pushing the Black Flash look with Zoom, aren't they? The mouth part of that mask is really distinctive.

And I knew we weren't going to get a lot more of King Shark because of FX costs, but I was still a little disappointed that after showing Wells zap him he just kind of disappears. Like, is he in no-lunch supermax now? Did Wells2 outright kill him? :ohdear:

• Locked thread