Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

El Jebus posted:

I don't know. From an outsider's perspective, I actually enjoy the poo poo show. I think Rossi had a right to push him wide just as MM had the right to go for it. I think MM's head coming into contact with Rossi should be just as egregious as Rossi pushing him wide intentionally, especially on Rossi's leg. Rossi having a points lead but starting from the rear makes it exciting enough to that I might even try to figure out when the race is and if I can watch it!

7:30 EDT, next sunday morning. It's on FS1 for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
If you're in the USA, please do me and MotoGP and yourself a favor and don't watch it on Fox Sports 1. Find a pirated stream or copy online of the BTsport coverage. Their commentators are some of the best in motorsports history and commentators make or break a sport. FS1's are some of the worst in the world.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

If you're in the USA, please do me and MotoGP and yourself a favor and don't watch it on Fox Sports 1. Find a pirated stream or copy online of the BTsport coverage. Their commentators are some of the best in motorsports history and commentators make or break a sport. FS1's are some of the worst in the world.

How can anything be worse than Nick Harris? I realise it has Fox in the name but still.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar
Heuwen is terrible. Bring back Toby #moody.

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy
Marquez assaulted by "reporters"

quote:

As Marc and his father approached the journalists, directing them to vacate the property, the racer was allegedly attacked by the journalists grabbing and shaking him by the arm and scratching his neck.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

How did you manage to quote an excerpt yet miss the best part of that ridiculous story?

quote:

When Marc refused to comment, the report claims the reporters broke open bottles of cava (Spanish wine) in a way mimicking the podium celebrations of a race, and also presented a mocked up trophy in the form of an erect penis and balls.

Italics not mine!

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

Slavvy posted:

How did you manage to quote an excerpt yet miss the best part of that ridiculous story?

Italics not mine!

Ahahaha....that was the best part. Just wanted to get to the gist of the "assault" part; I wouldn't be mad if someone came out of nowhere & presented me with a trophy like that.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

Here's the full thing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sCbJCDHVpg

karms
Jan 22, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yam Slacker
I like rossi.

Day Man
Jul 30, 2007

Champion of the Sun!

Master of karate and friendship...
for everyone!

http://m.crash.net/motogp/news/224842/1/motogp-riders-summoned-by-permanent-bureau.html

Wow

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

I predict this ends well.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

No press conference is the best thing they could've done at this point.

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

What's great about this (And Rossi is within his full rights to pursue this, and as a racer, I think he should - even if he's in the wrong) is that this basically means that most likely the winner of this years championship will be the Provisional Champion, since by Friday they make a decision whether to review the ruling (which they probably will), it means that if Rossi wins the championship (points not taken away for now), it may just be for 6 months or so till the ruling finds him at fault and it goes to Lorenzo.

Either way, this championship is tainted.

Honestly, Lorenzo was probably going to win it in the end anyway- and I hate that guy, so anything that puts an * next to his name on this championship or the words one everyone tongues ("Well, really it was Marquez that won the championship for Lorenzo...") makes me happy in a sick sort of way. Because gently caress that guy.

Best championship ever.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?

Spiffness posted:

What's great about this (And Rossi is within his full rights to pursue this, and as a racer, I think he should - even if he's in the wrong) is that this basically means that most likely the winner of this years championship will be the Provisional Champion, since by Friday they make a decision whether to review the ruling (which they probably will), it means that if Rossi wins the championship (points not taken away for now), it may just be for 6 months or so till the ruling finds him at fault and it goes to Lorenzo.

Either way, this championship is tainted.

Honestly, Lorenzo was probably going to win it in the end anyway- and I hate that guy, so anything that puts an * next to his name on this championship or the words one everyone tongues ("Well, really it was Marquez that won the championship for Lorenzo...") makes me happy in a sick sort of way. Because gently caress that guy.

Best championship ever.

It won't work like that. His penalty was 3 points, combine that with the 1 he has already and he's put at the back of the grid. If he gets a stay on this and they don't apply the points, they won't go back and alter the championship standing if they are added on later. He'll just take the penalty at whatever the next race is in 2016. I don't think I've ever heard of points being docked from a rider post-race. The closest thing would be a time penalty being added but those happen immediately. That's why it was such a big deal that they didn't penalize Rossi during the race in Sepang, he got those 16 points for 3rd and they're locked in.

It's all poo poo once lawyers get involved, they're the only ones coming out ahead in this situation.

Slavvy posted:

No press conference is the best thing they could've done at this point.

Negative. A public press conference gives them the rider's views in a public forum with a lot of recording being done. As it is now they'll just all be hounded by the journos immediately following the meeting. RD is too little/too late with this, it'll be damage control and a light telling off of the riders.

Someone uploaded Marquez onboard to facebook and I gotta agree that it seems like Marquez was messing with him, at least at first. He runs wide (no obvious cause why on the onboard) and lets JL thru the first lap that he would have seen on his pitboard that JL was behind him. Then he seems to wait just that little bit longer to get on the gas thru every turn, you hear the revs drop a bit lower than before. After Rossi goes past him then he's back on it tho and it seems like he's just back on it from that point on.

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=1681053988781735

echomadman
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost
Bit late in Jorges career for an "I'm not a dickhead, i'm just a regular bike loving guy" video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-9LUjN9yqQ

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

That was actually a pretty good video.

Barnsy
Jul 22, 2013

echomadman posted:

Bit late in Jorges career for an "I'm not a dickhead, i'm just a regular bike loving guy" video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-9LUjN9yqQ

Have you seen his house?! It's as soulless as you'd expect. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBBm0YPPsgU

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

He also wanted to intervene in the FIM/Rossi arbitration but his request just got denied. He's still a poo poo.

NeuralSpark
Apr 16, 2004

http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2015/11/05/cas-dismiss-request-by-rossi/188894

CAS dismisses Rossi's appeal. He's starting from the back.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

Completely expected and reasonable. Guess he's just gonna have to step up and show everyone why he's the GOAT.

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

Lorenzo will do excellent because he's great under pressure and he'll take home the championship, but there will always be a question of what if. But there is a chance, a teeny, eeny chance, that he has a bad race, or the weather plays havoc, or he crashes, or the Ducati's have a great race and the Hondas do their usual Valencia thing...

At least it'll be an interesting race to watch Rossi climb through the ranks. I expect 3 or 4 interesting laps then it'll be Lorenzo out front with a 2 second lead and Rossi caught up in 7th with Crutchlow and Smith infront of him then the Ducs and the Hondas and all hope will be lost and gently caress this, gently caress motogp, when does supercross start back up...

raej
Sep 25, 2003

"Being drunk is the worst feeling of all. Except for all those other feelings."
Here's a shamelessly stolen cheat sheet for a VR championship:

If Lorenzo wins the race then Rossi needs to finish second to become world champion.

If Lorenzo finishes second then Rossi needs to finish on the podium to become world champion.

If Lorenzo finishes third then Rossi needs to finish sixth or better to become world champion.

If Lorenzo finishes fourth then Rossi needs to finish ninth or better to become world champion.

If Lorenzo finishes fifth to ninth then Rossi needs to finish no more than six places further back to become world champion.

If Lorenzo finishes lower than ninth then Rossi will be world champion.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Prediction: Rossi will courageously fight his way to sixth and get held up by a ducati while Lorenzo is in third with the two Hondas in front. Then MM will run wide and Lorenzo wins the championship.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

Slavvy posted:

Prediction: Rossi will courageously fight his way to sixth and get held up by a ducati while Lorenzo is in third with the two Hondas in front. Then MM will run wide and Lorenzo wins the championship.

A story in three pictures.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

What are the chances a good amount of the field let Rossi by?

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

KidDynamite posted:

What are the chances a good amount of the field let Rossi by?

In the real world? Very little to none. Backmarkers are going to be terrified as all hell of someone like Rossi coming past them probably, but the midpack field and usual front suspects? They wont give a poo poo, they all have their own things to prove.

I've got a tenner on VL getting caught up in Jack Miller or Crutchlow's usual crash-out while he works his way forward.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
Back markers won't let him past but with the events of the last week you better believe they will give him a wide berth. Right or wrong, it'd be career suicide for then to interfere/crash out rossi

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
And Dani and Marki have been in pretty great form lately, so a Honda 1-2 is possible.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

monsterzero
May 12, 2002
-=TOPGUN=-
Boys who love airplanes :respek: Boys who love boys
Lipstick Apathy

Caption: The wizard reaches into his bag of tricks and for the first time finds only the bottom of the bag.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

builds character posted:

7:30 EDT, next sunday morning. It's on FS1 for me.

So this will be on at 4:30 in the morning pacific? Hmmm. Pretty sure I won't be waking up for this. I hope it is a great race and everyone wins and gets a participation trophy.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
And once again please don't watch on Fox Sports. Find a pirated stream of BT sport. But it'll be a poo poo race anyway, Lorenzo will take off from the lead and nothing will matter.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

I hope at least pedrosa can overtake him and get another win :unsmith:

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

Lame

Angryboot
Oct 23, 2005

Grimey Drawer
What a bunch of poo poo.

doomisland
Oct 5, 2004