Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

symbolic posted:

My first goonman in forever (and 2nd overall) and I managed to get a 1v2 clutch by spraying through the mirage apartment wall. Tonight was good. :unsmith:

The boards in kitchen or one of the plaster walls? I really wish more walls were spammable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Allah allah

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

fennesz posted:

The boards in kitchen or one of the plaster walls? I really wish more walls were spammable.
One of the plaster walls. I did not expect it at all.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

symbolic posted:

One of the plaster walls. I did not expect it at all.

from A into the hallway? I've gotten a few ppl through there, too bad damage through walls sucks and you need to either hit them 15 times or get 3 headshots :(

I kind of miss the ultra spammable walls from 1.6, but at the same time it's nice not to have everything spammable with 5-7hits killing you.

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

Smol posted:

Any eurogoons playing at ~DMGish (idk what my "real" rank is, used to be DMG back in the day) level? The cyka blyat solo queue experience is getting old again, wouldn't mind some good vibes while playing.

https://steamcommunity.com/id/smoll/

Sent you a friend request from my acc called A.OK

e: qhat I would like to play with you too :)

http://steamcommunity.com/id/huleb/

Hulebr00670065006e fucked around with this message at 13:22 on Nov 4, 2015

LochNessMonster
Feb 3, 2005

I need about three fitty

Hulebr00670065006e posted:

Sent you a friend request from my acc called A.OK

e: qhat I would like to play with you too :)

http://steamcommunity.com/id/huleb/

I play at odd hours and not fairly often. Not ranked yet but consistently being put into gold nova master / mg groups.

Would love to get rid of these cyka blyat groups and queue with goons who can teach me how to properly click heads.

Disclaimer: I'm a complete noob with sucky aim and do my best to communicate properly but don't know all the callouts yet.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/lnm80

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

MF_James posted:

from A into the hallway? I've gotten a few ppl through there, too bad damage through walls sucks and you need to either hit them 15 times or get 3 headshots :(

I kind of miss the ultra spammable walls from 1.6, but at the same time it's nice not to have everything spammable with 5-7hits killing you.
Nah, It was from the B aps balcony through the walls on the right side. I got lucky and got a headshot or two on the second dude.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

symbolic posted:

Nah, It was from the B aps balcony through the walls on the right side. I got lucky and got a headshot or two on the second dude.

I've tried that so many times with no luck. You can pretty much guarantee the last T will be there if it's a 1v1 with bomb down.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
Had a few good (and lucky) solo retakes today (depths doesn't count), one 1v3 and two 1v4s. Gotta love how the MM bomb timer just goes on forever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WeE7QEAh0Qs

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

symbolic posted:

Ahhhh ok, yeah I've killed maybe 1 or 2 people through there, I have tagged a bunch of people though. Often if we have 2 at B and the other guy is doing truck, I'll have him throw a flash/HE in there and I'll spam the wall while that's happening to hopefully tag some people, it works decently, but you need to make sure you have mid-control for those 15 seconds and they can't be like pushing A or something.

conversation piece
Sep 19, 2015
Found a fun group of French Canadians who took me under their wing, got back to back surrenders. 6-0 on cobble and 9-1 on cache. I think we pulled 2 or 3 of them into LE from DMG.

It's nice when you have an "on" day immediately after an "off" day

edit: lmao who gave me bonzi buddy this rules

John DiFool
Aug 28, 2013

Took me 11 matches to get the 10 wins on my smurf and it ranked me LEM despite being matched with SMFCs and GEs the last 3 to 4 matches. One match was lost at the SMFC + GE level. I did pretty well every match except for the one loss. The last win I was matched against/with 4 SMFCs and 1 GE on each team.

Figured it would rank me at SMFC at least.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

LEM is the highest you can rank to on initial placement. Used to be Global around release.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Remember those shady websites promising a global rank for like 300 usd

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

conversation piece posted:

edit: lmao who gave me bonzi buddy this rules
It's the new Garbage Dick.

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe

Bohemian Nights posted:

Had a few good (and lucky) solo retakes today (depths doesn't count), one 1v3 and two 1v4s. Gotta love how the MM bomb timer just goes on forever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WeE7QEAh0Qs

I like that crosshair. Care to share your config? If anyone has one they would like to share let me know. I'm in the market.

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed
Settings = skill, gimme dat xhair

e: here's mine, very generic

code:
cl_crosshair_drawoutline "1"
cl_crosshair_outlinethickness "1"
cl_crosshairalpha "255"
cl_crosshaircolor "4"
cl_crosshaircolor_b "50"
cl_crosshaircolor_g "255"
cl_crosshaircolor_r "50"
cl_crosshairdot "0"
cl_crosshairgap "-1"
cl_crosshairgap_useweaponvalue "0"
cl_crosshairscale "0"

cl_crosshairsize "1.5"
cl_crosshairstyle "4"
cl_crosshairthickness "0"
cl_crosshairusealpha "1"

considering making it thinner and lowering the gap

e2: changed it

Carol Pizzamom fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Nov 5, 2015

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe

Carol Pizzamom posted:

Settings = skill, gimme dat xhair

e: here's mine, very generic

code:
cl_crosshair_drawoutline "1"
cl_crosshairalpha "255"
cl_crosshaircolor "4"
cl_crosshaircolor_b "50"
cl_crosshaircolor_g "255"
cl_crosshaircolor_r "50"
cl_crosshairdot "0"
cl_crosshairgap "-1"
cl_crosshairgap_useweaponvalue "0"
cl_crosshairscale "0"

cl_crosshairsize "1.5"
cl_crosshairstyle "4"
cl_crosshairthickness "0"
cl_crosshairusealpha "1"

considering making it thinner and lowering the gap

e2: changed it

How on earth do you contrast this against dark hallways and shadows etc. I mean I know your brain kind of just knows where you're pointing and is usually very close but it helps to see it right?

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

LE/LEM is all over the place these days, I can try hard and have the opposing team drop 30 bombs or I can not care and run around with dualies all game like such https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hi5dLeUw8Ww&feature=youtu.be and end up like 35-11

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

Photex posted:

LE/LEM is all over the place these days, I can try hard and have the opposing team drop 30 bombs or I can not care and run around with dualies all game like such https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hi5dLeUw8Ww&feature=youtu.be and end up like 35-11

That last kill was pretty sick

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Photex posted:

Congrats on having the ugliest weapon in CSGO.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

fennesz posted:

Congrats on having the ugliest weapon in CSGO.

Only cost me $20.

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

sterster posted:

How on earth do you contrast this against dark hallways and shadows etc. I mean I know your brain kind of just knows where you're pointing and is usually very close but it helps to see it right?

The cross-hair itself is bright blue and the outline is black, you should be able to see it everywhere

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

Keep in mind crosshairs look totally different at different resolutions.. My resolution is 1080p, if yours is lower than that that crosshair will be hosed up

stump collector
May 28, 2007
Your fonts are hideous lol

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

exethan posted:

Judge a man by the quality of his spray, not the content of his font folder.

conversation piece
Sep 19, 2015
No I'm judging you for that font are you 12? Comic Sans would be better honestly

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

exethan posted:

My fonts? It's the banana gaming text mod, it's ugly but it's nice for picking out grenade throws

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

conversation piece posted:

No I'm judging you for that font are you 12? Comic Sans would be better honestly

lol whatever nerd

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy
The font makes the numbers look more bouncy and friendly and I think it looks neato.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
e: Triple post, thanks server issues

nftyw fucked around with this message at 10:43 on Nov 5, 2015

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
e: rip db3

nftyw fucked around with this message at 10:43 on Nov 5, 2015

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

sterster posted:

I like that crosshair. Care to share your config? If anyone has one they would like to share let me know. I'm in the market.

Certainly! Throwing in viewmodel for good measure

code:
viewmodel_presetpos "0"
viewmodel_offset_x "0"
viewmodel_offset_y "0"
viewmodel_offset_z "-2"

cl_crosshair_drawoutline "0"
cl_crosshairalpha "200"
cl_crosshaircolor "1"
cl_crosshairdot "0"
cl_crosshairgap "-4.000000"
cl_crosshairscale "0"
cl_crosshairsize "0.500000"
cl_crosshairstyle "4"
cl_crosshairthickness "2.000000"
cl_crosshairusealpha "1"
cl_crosshaircolor 1
cl_crosshaircolor_b 1

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

Photex posted:

CT team that won pistol but didn't get rifles/SMGs second round turning a 4v2 into 4 1v1s.

Sick

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Photex posted:

it's nice for picking out grenade throws

I dont understand what this means

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Played a faceit game last night with a couple friends and a couple randoms. We just got destroyed, I was swearing they were wallhacking. They knew every spot we went, would spray through smoke just knowing someone was on the other side, it sucked.

Then after I found out one of the randoms on our team was streaming on Twitch.

gently caress you random dude.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

exethan posted:

I dont understand what this means

I can quickly glance down and just by the coloring I know whether or not my team threw a flash or a Molly

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
16 years ago today, the world was given the gift of Demolition Mode, de_dust and de_nuke. And the Scout. And HE Grenades.

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Photex posted:

I can quickly glance down and just by the coloring I know whether or not my team threw a flash or a Molly

Can you post a screen of this i have never noticed teammate nade stuff other than when buying

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Photex posted:

I was playing with some friends last night and 2 Supremes got dropped into our game. Holy poo poo they were completely awful in virtually every aspect of the game. They basically spent the entire game bottom fragging and rage calling us, the eagles who were carrying them, noobs. I'm constantly amazed at how often objectively terrible players like that are able to make it into the top ranks.

• Locked thread