Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
seizure later
Apr 18, 2007
why do people keep saying this game should look like The Witcher 3 when that game is ugly as poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Geoff Zahn posted:

The only meltdown I'll be having is the ones I'll perform with a sweet laser rifle :smug:

You've already had three pages of them in this thread

Xeremides
Feb 21, 2011

There Diomedes aimed and stabbed, he gouged him down
his glistening flesh and wrenched the spear back out
and the brazen god of war let loose a shriek, roaring,
thundering loud as nine, ten thousand combat soldiers
shriek with Ares' fury when massive armies clash.

Goddamn, that sounds cool.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

If I can baseball bat flying grenades I'm doing a loving melee playthrough first.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

FadedReality posted:

I dunno if "don't care because it doesn't make the game less fun" would count as a free pass, because that's where I and I think a lot of people stand. If the game is fun and I can come back to it in a year and install 150 mods to make it even more fun, I'm good.

I personally find that it does in fact make the game less fun,but not enough to make me not want to play it. Bethesda is a company, not my friend. I might buy a car because it does 90% of what I want it to, but still get pissed off at how they've designed the interior, or the quality of the components of the engine. A game is pretty similar. Their open world titles get most (not 90%, I would say 70%) of the way there, but it's really frustrating to see them never improve in key areas by which I judge the quality of games.

Bethesda games are great at exploration, but the fact that they can't seem to write competent stories is incredibly frustrating. These games would be a lot better with good stories, and other companies like Obsidian and CDPR actually do open world stories well. It's annoying to see low quality graphics. The graphics aren't going to stop me from getting the game or enjoying it at some level, but I definitely would enjoy it if they weren't so sludgey and low res. I play a lot of other stuff, some of it's even open world stuff, so obviously I'm going to make a comparison to the great companion AI in Phantom Pain when I see how comically bad the companion AI is in a Bethesda title. Especially so when they make the companions a key selling point of the game.

Saying, "that's just the way it is," might be true, but it doesn't make me think any better of them as a developer, or make me not want to critique their games.

dd209
Sep 21, 2015

Xeremides posted:

Goddamn, that sounds cool.

EveryBethesdagameever.png

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Geoff Zahn posted:

The only meltdown I'll be having is the ones I'll perform with a sweet laser rifle :smug:

I do wish we could get the melt animation from the original fallouts

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

The Droid posted:

The problem is people lowering their standards for "fun" to "If I can perform lovely melee attacks with a rocket launcher, then the game is good"

oh my god you sound like the least fun person

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Guess this won't really do much.

Win 7 home premium
GTX 660
intel i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz
8 GB Ram

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Just five days til fun times, friends :) :) :)

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

DARPA Dad posted:

You are by far the worst poster in this thread and your incessant use of that emote is getting out of control. Please do more of the epic condescending wonka meme face it only gets funnier after the millionth time

:allears:

The Droid
Jun 11, 2012

Sedisp posted:

oh my god you sound like the least fun person

If I all I wanted out of a game was the ability to do lovely melee attacks with a rocket launcher, I'd play the pile of poo poo that is Borderlands 2

A Curvy Goonette
Jul 3, 2007

"Anyone who enjoys MWO is a shitty player. You have to hate it in order to be pro like me."

I'm actually just very good at curb stomping randoms on a team. :ssh:

strong bird posted:

Nice meltdown

Vhak lord of hate
Jun 6, 2008

I AM DRINK THE BLOOD OF JESUS

Geoff Zahn posted:

No. It has to look real. It HAS to look REAL. WHY DOESN'T IT LOOK REAL??? *pounds desk so hard mom comes down into the basement to see if I'm alright*

You jokers are over there laughing at me while I'm over here not giving a hoot and having tons of fun with my game where they mocapped ventriloquist dummies for facial expressions.

A Curvy Goonette
Jul 3, 2007

"Anyone who enjoys MWO is a shitty player. You have to hate it in order to be pro like me."

yeah man, don't you know that companies write their EULAs for the maximum benefit of the end user? And they don't rewrite them at will to gently caress with their end users? i trust this sociopathic corporation to keep the best interests of me, a customer, in mind.

crabcakes66
May 24, 2012

by exmarx
Facial expressions are the most important aspect of any video game. Don't let anyone tell you different son.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

seizure later posted:

why do people keep saying this game should look like The Witcher 3 when that game is ugly as poo poo

Witcher had collectable cards for each lady you hosed.

Rabidredneck
Oct 30, 2010

Not pleasant when angered.
This is what I'm using now:

3.2 Ghz dual core
16Gb Ram
GTX750 w/2Gb ram
Win 7.

It was suggested I get a 970 but those cards need a power supply connection, and the power supply I have had no usable connectors. Glad I checked it beforehand.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

A Curvy Goonette posted:

easy, friend. this kind of critical viewpoint and expectation of improvement from a AAA game studio is considered toxic around these parts. best get yourself to yc...oh.

This entire thread is dedicated to pointing and laughing at screenshots of unloaded textures and how the dog doesn't stop, drop, and roll when it's on fire. Why the persecution complex?

The Droid
Jun 11, 2012

Attack of The Clones is just fun, okay? You get to see Jango Fett, which is really all I wanted out of the movie anyways. And the battles are cool Yoda is epic. You fun haters keep on saying things like "The sets are lovely, the cgi is too obvious, the plot is poorly paced, all the dialogue is terrible, and there are a number of big plotholes." but the truth is you're all a bunch of fun-hating negative nancies!!!

Vhak lord of hate
Jun 6, 2008

crabcakes66 posted:

Facial expressions are the most important aspect of any video game. Don't let anyone tell you different son.

The only facial expression I expect to have is the awesome face when I'm playing 2008's hit Fallout 4.

crabcakes66
May 24, 2012

by exmarx
HATE FACIAL EXPRESSIONS

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Rabidredneck posted:

This is what I'm using now:

3.2 Ghz dual core
16Gb Ram
GTX750 w/2Gb ram
Win 7.

It was suggested I get a 970 but those cards need a power supply connection, and the power supply I have had no usable connectors. Glad I checked it beforehand.

Yeah I was just looking over that. The power supply has a spare 6-pin and 2 spare 8-pin, which are red.

I don't know anything about doing this poo poo myself, so...is it ok to connect a card directly to those just with the proper cables? They don't need any conversion poo poo do they? I am hardware dumb.

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Vhak lord of hate posted:

You jokers are over there laughing at me while I'm over here not giving a hoot and having tons of fun with my game where they mocapped ventriloquist dummies for facial expressions.

Their dead eyes really let you know that the people working on this game actually gave a poo poo about what they were working on. There is a unified field theory of fun that Bethesda subscribes to that they have quite literally hit out of the park.

Seriously tho most of the faces are horrifying and this is the game that's supposed to be better than the Witcher 3.

Faded Mars
Jul 1, 2004

It is I, his chronicler, who alone can tell thee of his saga.
Guys, guys...

I REALLY need help figuring out if this will run on my p. sweet rig.

Check it:

Intel Pentium 100 MHz
128 MB RAM
Voodoo 2
I think my HD is like 768 MB or something don't know compluter stuff liol

Please tell me it will look at least like it does on contard PS4/Xboner?

Edit: poo poo forgot I am on Win 95 beta version. Will I need new drivers?

crabcakes66
May 24, 2012

by exmarx

The Droid posted:

Attack of The Clones is just fun, okay? You get to see Jango Fett, which is really all I wanted out of the movie anyways. And the battles are cool Yoda is epic. You fun haters keep on saying things like "The sets are lovely, the cgi is too obvious, the plot is poorly paced, all the dialogue is terrible, and there are a number of big plotholes." but the truth is you're all a bunch of fun-hating negative nancies!!!

When Fallout 4 is looked upon as universally a bad game. Let me know.

Vhak lord of hate
Jun 6, 2008

Magmarashi posted:

Yeah I was just looking over that. The power supply has a spare 6-pin and 2 spare 8-pin, which are red.

I don't know anything about doing this poo poo myself, so...is it ok to connect a card directly to those just with the proper cables? They don't need any conversion poo poo do they? I am hardware dumb.

This is like a text version of Keep Talking And Nobody Explodes

The Droid
Jun 11, 2012

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

Witcher had collectable cards for each lady you hosed.

That's the first game, the Witcher 3 has a really fun card game.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

The Droid posted:

hmmm yes lets explore videogames and how they're movies

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Magmarashi posted:

Go post in the SHSC pc parts building thread.

But yeah you put the card into the SATA lane, and then put both the cables in (from the VGA section of your PSU).

Anyways all y'all's gpus will probably play the game fine, minimum specs tend to be over-inflated anyways. I mean, you won't be able to max it out unless you have a 970 or something, but eh, not the end of the world.

The Droid
Jun 11, 2012

Sedisp posted:

"explore" the inside if your skull with a bolt of plasma

Faded Mars
Jul 1, 2004

It is I, his chronicler, who alone can tell thee of his saga.
How many cassette tapes will this game be on? Need to know because my Commodore 64 tapedeck thing is already almost full.

Vhak lord of hate
Jun 6, 2008

crabcakes66 posted:

When Fallout 4 is looked upon as universally a bad game. Let me know.

I also base my opinion on metacritic scores, that's why I always have impeccable taste and why my 5th favorite game of all time is the... ps3 port of GTA 4 well if people say it's good I guesS!!!!!

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

The Iron Rose posted:

Go post in the SHSC pc parts building thread.

But yeah you put the card into the SATA lane, and then put both the cables in (from the VGA section of your PSU).

Anyways all y'all's gpus will probably play the game fine, minimum specs tend to be over-inflated anyways. I mean, you won't be able to max it out unless you have a 970 or something, but eh, not the end of the world.

I have no idea what you just said.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

The Droid posted:

"explore" the inside if your skull with a bolt of plasma

what an extremely edgy and and not at all stupid post

crabcakes66
May 24, 2012

by exmarx

Faded Mars posted:

How many cassette tapes will this game be on? Need to know because my Commodore 64 tapedeck thing is already almost full.

It's only on laser disc, sorry man.

A Curvy Goonette
Jul 3, 2007

Deified Data posted:

This entire thread is dedicated to pointing and laughing at screenshots of unloaded textures and how the dog doesn't stop, drop, and roll when it's on fire. Why the persecution complex?

let me tell you about the dragon age 2 release thread where multiple people were banned for daring to criticize the product.

Bitter fly
Sep 25, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

The Droid posted:

HATE PREQUELS

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Sedisp posted:

You know what? gently caress it. why think about anything why not just go to Applebee's and drink yourself into relative comfort from the riggers of free thought. Lay down and let the man (t. Howard) put words about games in your mouth. I don't wanna think. I just wanna....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Magmarashi posted:

I have no idea what you just said.

Try reading.

• Locked thread