Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

FauxGateau posted:

Sorry friend, I gotta play fallout 4. In fact it's the only thing left to do.

how sad never sacrifice your personal health for video games no matter how excellently good they are

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Sedisp posted:

how sad never sacrifice your personal health for video games no matter how excellently good they are

Don't worry. I'm not the sacrifice, friend.

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan
always take cocaine to extend your late night gaming sesh's

Think Thin!
Sep 17, 2006
gotta lol at the three or so tryhard falseflaggers who think F4 will be "bad"

has this place really become that iinfiltrated?

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

FadedReality posted:

That's just it, though. Phantom Pain was really good but its story was nonsense and the open world was pretty much there for you to fart around in while your real world timed research timers ticked away. The gameplay just happens to be good enough that you don't mind farting around. Every game has its weak spots and why I get excited about Bethesda games is egomaniac modders come along and patch up those weak spots and take that 70% to 120%.

TPP's story is dense and self-referential, but not nonsense. That's a distraction from the conversation though, and subjective.

Obviously every game has its weak points, just like different film directors have different strengths. I can enjoy Mulholland Drive and Guardians of the Galaxy in completely different ways without saying that the visual effects in Mulholland Drive aren't good enough, or the plot of Guadians isn't complex enough.

The point that I'm making is that the low points of TPP (let's say the sparsity of the open world, which I actually do agree with you on) overall don't matter much to me, personally, in the whole experience of the rest of the game. However, the perennially poor writing and graphical abilities of Bethesda as a developer do in fact change how I enjoy their games. It's why I've played through FO3 1.5 times, and played New Vegas 3 times (and can see playing it again in the future). In that case even fixing a single aspect of the game, the story, is enough to make me want to play it more. To expand on it a little more, I would say that Bethesda's main faults are questions of craft. They're fairly good at putting together a bunch of complex systems that mostly work with one another, but extremely incompetent when it comes to giving those systems grace, meaning, or style. That's why I'm glad that they brought in outside help for the combat this time around - at least that's one area that they've decided to improve upon.

Xeremides
Feb 21, 2011

There Diomedes aimed and stabbed, he gouged him down
his glistening flesh and wrenched the spear back out
and the brazen god of war let loose a shriek, roaring,
thundering loud as nine, ten thousand combat soldiers
shriek with Ares' fury when massive armies clash.

bluewedge posted:

It's Operation Northwoods all over again.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

quote:

TPP's story is dense and self-referential, but not nonsense.

24 missions in and I'd say it's "barely there", honestly.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

sector_corrector posted:

TPP's story is dense and self-referential, but not nonsense.

hahahahaha

strong bird
May 12, 2009

bluewedge posted:

Nice meltdown

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Man just arrived home and this thread moves really loving fast, did I miss anymore leaks?

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER

Magmarashi posted:

That's really all I needed to know, plugging cables in to things I can do, I just wanted to make sure I wasn't going to fry the GPU out of the gate because of some obtuse part to buffer the power or w/e. Thanks!

If you can put Lego together, you can install a video card. I'm sure YouTube will give you a quick install tutorial video so you can monkey see, monkey do your way through it.

If you have a mid-tier system now and ever expect to get a new card in the future, you can play on medium today and ultra someday later. Plus you can choose draw distance and knock down the graphics detail or knock everything down a bit for a high framerate. You don't get those options on a console.

After not playing Skyrim for years (originally on my 560ti), I loaded it up last week (now on 970 and 16gb ram) and got a bunch of graphics mods from the workshop and it was so, so great. The version from PS3/360 still looks the way it did in 2011. And in 5 years I'll load up FO4 in 4K/ultra/60fps with mods and it will be fun all over again.

Scott Forstall fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Nov 5, 2015

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

frajaq posted:

Man just arrived home and this thread moves really loving fast, did I miss anymore leaks?

Yes but not the ones you're thinking of.

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord

strong bird posted:

No, I am not obsessed with The Product. Why do you ask?

I'm actually not, I just like trying new ideas for Halloween costumes! I know being creative can be intimidating sometimes, but with a bit of time and effort you too can make something you like. I believe in you, strong bird.

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

just gonna make this suuuper fuckin simple for you clowns

here's all the reasons SHITASS 4 is gonna be an irredeemable puddle of donkey diarrhea

ONE: lip syncing are you freaking kidding me
TWO: ugly "women" (have you even HEARD of witcher 3 the babes are SO hot in that one)
THREE: hairs
FOUR: guns are all junky
FiVE: liking stuff is gay and retarded
SIX: story is stupid as hell TRUST ME
SEVEN: plenty of other stuff im sure

any questions? :rolleyes:

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

FauxGateau posted:

Yes but not the ones you're thinking of.

That's a drat shame.

Well anyway I'm glad the best gun of Fallout 3 is coming back

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan

rap music posted:

here's all the reasons SHITASS 4 is gonna be an irredeemable puddle of donkey diarrhea

TWO: ugly "women" (have you even HEARD of witcher 3 the babes are SO hot in that one)

:pusheen:

crabcakes66
May 24, 2012

by exmarx

rap music posted:

Counterpoint.

The player characters have AAA butts.

Vhak lord of hate
Jun 6, 2008

I AM DRINK THE BLOOD OF JESUS

rap music posted:

Did anyone here order the spicy meltdown?

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Fallout 4 will have sex trading cards like The Witchers right?

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Vhak lord of hate posted:

Did anyone here order the spicy meltdown?

Hmm, it's a little too stupid. Take it back, please.

Starkk
Dec 31, 2008

rap music posted:

rebuttal on why you are wrong:

:gary: paaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarppppppppppppppppp

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

frajaq posted:

That's a drat shame.

I am also happy to see a rifle in the launch trailer that wasn't the pipe one or the big WWI era water cooled thing.

A Curvy Goonette
Jul 3, 2007

"Anyone who enjoys MWO is a shitty player. You have to hate it in order to be pro like me."

I'm actually just very good at curb stomping randoms on a team. :ssh:

frajaq posted:

That's a drat shame.

did they get non-native english speakers to write all of their flavor text

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib
Fallout 4 pros:
-Somewhat better shooting
-Somewhat better art direction

Fallout 4 cons:
-Idiotic dialogue
-Embarrassing graphics
-hosed AI
-Humiliatingly bad story
-Doofy world design
-Laser Muskets
-Radiation guns
-Downgraded gameplay systems

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Saint Freak posted:

Fallout 4 will have sex trading cards like The Witchers right?

God I hope so.

Vhak lord of hate
Jun 6, 2008

How would you know what the story is we've only been watching streams of the game constantly?

Timespy
Jul 6, 2013

No bond but to do just ones

Yeah, here's a preview

Trustworthy
Dec 28, 2004

with catte-like thread
upon our prey we steal
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat is a good post-apocalpytic game,

with lots of shadows,

that doesn't rip the camera out of first person during conversations, literally pissing in the mouth of my immersion

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan

Effectronica posted:

Fallout 4 pros:
-Somewhat better shooting
-Somewhat better art direction

Fallout 4 cons:
-Idiotic dialogue
-Embarrassing graphics
-hosed AI
-Humiliatingly bad story
-Doofy world design
-Laser Muskets
-Radiation guns
-Downgraded gameplay systems

lol rap music makes a satire post about this and your response is to make an unironic seriouspost pro/con list oh jeez

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
Wonder why skills aren't separate from perks. I don't mind making them into chunks where you put only 4 points into them altogether, but why do they have to share space with Perks? They could've had more interesting Perks if they didn't jam Skills into the same system.

The Droid
Jun 11, 2012

Deutsch Nozzle posted:

lol rap music makes a satire post about this and your response is to make an unironic seriouspost pro/con list oh jeez

Here's the thing, both you and forums poster rap music are dumb. Really loving dumb. For real.

SunAndSpring posted:

Wonder why skills aren't separate from perks. I don't mind making them into chunks where you put only 4 points into them altogether, but why do they have to share space with Perks? They could've had more interesting Perks if they didn't jam Skills into the same system.

Streamlining it for numbers hurt my brain crew.

Vhak lord of hate
Jun 6, 2008

Deutsch Nozzle posted:

His satire post was actually made up of real bad things about the game though

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Deutsch Nozzle posted:

You make posts like this, but your response isn't to saw off your own hands in horror at what you've created, so I feel I can be forgiven.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

A Curvy Goonette posted:

did they get non-native english speakers to write all of their flavor text

Forum posters

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan

The Droid posted:

Here's the thing, both you and forums poster rap music are dumb. Really loving dumb. For real.

youre right, i should categorically hate a video game because that would make me "smart"

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

Where angels and generals fear to tread.
checkmate shitters there's an rpg inside the rpg

https://vid.me/xyYA

@ 2:17

A Curvy Goonette
Jul 3, 2007

"Anyone who enjoys MWO is a shitty player. You have to hate it in order to be pro like me."

I'm actually just very good at curb stomping randoms on a team. :ssh:

Deutsch Nozzle posted:

youre right, i should categorically hate a video game because that would make me "smart"

*punches self in face* I LIKE THIS *hits knee on table corner* WHY DON"T YOU LIKE THIS *stubs toe* ENJOYMENT IS SUBJECTIVE

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I hope the rock-it launcher is back in and I can continue to murder people with dollar bills while wearing a top hat.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

A mod that makes the player bipolar by randomly picking dialogue choices for you and you have no control over it might be kind of entertaining.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan

A Curvy Goonette posted:

*punches self in face* I LIKE THIS *hits knee on table corner* WHY DON"T YOU LIKE THIS *stubs toe* ENJOYMENT IS SUBJECTIVE

youre a tremendous human being hth

• Locked thread