Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
http://www.wvgazettemail.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=%2F20151104%2FGZ01%2F151109764

Meet the next governor of WV. His socks don't match.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lookoutbelow
Mar 3, 2004

Bernie's post-filing rally in Concord later today looking like a big deal.

lookoutbelow fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Nov 5, 2015

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

lookoutbelow posted:

Breaking news: people have not yet arrived for an event yet to take place

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

JT Jag posted:

Look, if the republicans can bus people in, make them wait in the cold, then not let them leave their assigned area to use the bathroom or give up and go home, we should at least be willing to do as much.

Raerlynn
Oct 28, 2007

Sorry I'm late, I'm afraid I got lost on the path of life.

duz posted:

Look, if the republicans can bus people in, make them wait in the cold, then not let them leave their assigned area to use the bathroom or give up and go home, we should at least be willing to do as much.

Not sure we should be aspiring to mimic the party that is routinely referred to as "insane", "war mongering", and "xenophobic".

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

OAquinas posted:

My War with Brian by Ben Carson.

Similar but I think there's a different motivation. This is more similar to Christine O'Donnell's "dabbling in witchcraft" thing. Evangelical Christians like to have a narrative around their born again moment, and the more sinful you were before, the better it sounds. Boring white girl -> "I was a witch". Boring black guy -> 'I was a thug'

lookoutbelow
Mar 3, 2004

JT Jag posted:

Maybe some context would help: Trump was in and out of here yesterday with no equipment set up or noticeable press arrangements, and he spoke after filing to maybe a hundred or so people. Fiorina came and went earlier this morning with a sad parade of 20 red shirted partisans.

Sorry to waste your time with this picture. Is there a minimum amount of people you'd like to see, so I'll know whether to post something later today?

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

lookoutbelow posted:

Sorry to waste your time with this picture. Is there a minimum amount of people you'd like to see, so I'll know whether to post something later today?

Post pics of dogs.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

BUBBA GAY DUDLEY posted:

Post pics of dogs.

if you're going to talk that way about the candidates you should just go back to rsf :v:

lookoutbelow
Mar 3, 2004

BUBBA GAY DUDLEY posted:

Post pics of dogs.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

quote:

"Why can’t West Virginia be known for some sort of crop or harvest, Justice asked, like Napa Valley is for wine? Why can’t we grow the world’s greatest tomatoes?""

He said he sees a “real possibility” of coal jobs coming back in large numbers.

But he also stressed the importance of a diversified economy and said he’d support President Barack Obama’s POWER Plus plan, a multi-billion dollar proposal — with little support in the Republican-led Congress — to help coalfield communities move toward new industries.

“I’d say take the money,” Justice said, before hedging. “Does that mean that we transition away from coal — you know, we say we’re going to move away from coal and everything? I think that’s a real mistake.”

Justice denies the scientific consensus that climate change is happening and is caused by human activity.

The democratic party 2015 people.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
The swing vote is in serious decline.

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2015/11/politics-where-nobody-changes-their-mind.html

quote:

Political professionals in both parties, from Matthew Dowd to Dan Pfeiffer, have noticed the withering of the swing vote. A new paper by political scientist Corwin Smidt (via John Sides) documents the decline of swing voters, or (as many political scientists call them) “floating voters,” which means voters who pull the lever for a different party than the one they supported in the previous election. From the 1950s through the 1980s, 10 to 15 percent of voters floated between the two parties in presidential elections. Recently that rate has fallen to about 5 percent:

If there are so few swing voters left though, then it seems that it doesn't make much political sense anymore to move the center, as you'd be better off motivating your base.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

lookoutbelow posted:

Maybe some context would help: Trump was in and out of here yesterday with no equipment set up or noticeable press arrangements, and he spoke after filing to maybe a hundred or so people. Fiorina came and went earlier this morning with a sad parade of 20 red shirted partisans.

I think as a defensive Bernie supporter hr was assuming you were taking a swipe at Bernie with a picture of no crowd, instead of the thing you were actually doing which was posting a picture of stuff being set up.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Mister Macys posted:

There's no medal for second place in the war for hearts and minds. If it's factually correct and cites credible sources, keep it.

Nichael posted:

That's absolutely true. The Facebook post is well written, easy to understand, and important. Don't shy away from it.

Thanks, I'll leave it up! It's already gotten support from a couple of people who have supported Scott Walker. Hopefully it gets people to think for a second

Notahippie
Feb 4, 2003

Kids, it's not cool to have Shane MacGowan teeth

pathetic little tramp posted:

The democratic party 2015 people.

Doesn't WV grow huge amounts of illegal weed right now? That's a crop, at least.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

lookoutbelow posted:

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

I will deign to allow this photo into the record.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Haha at the two press people talking to the only black person in attendance.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

As Bernie Sanders awoke one morning from uneasy dreams, he found himself transformed in his bed into a gigantic presidential candidate.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

zoux posted:

Let's play "Where's The Minority Representation?" I can spot at least two others!

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July
Here's your roundup of pundits (mostly Vox) Arzying/smugly-crowing about the impending death of the Democratic Party this week:

I thought that Slate had one too, but I think I confused it with Sargent's WaPo article.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib
Hey wait it's November 5, where's my KKK list anonymous.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Democrats just like to scare themselves about global Republican dominance, it's like the most hosed up roller coaster ride ever.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

ComradeCosmobot posted:

I thought that Slate had one too, but I think I confused it with Sargent's WaPo article.

Slate probably went with the angle: Losing Elections Helps the Democratic Party.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

pathetic little tramp posted:

Hey wait it's November 5, where's my KKK list anonymous.

here you go

lookoutbelow
Mar 3, 2004

apologies for the lovely cell phone photos -- the light is bad here in NH at this time of the day and this time of the year in NH.

lookoutbelow
Mar 3, 2004

zoux posted:

Not true. I saw two. (Give us a break, it's Concord.)

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib

ah nice, as i expected

lookoutbelow
Mar 3, 2004

Haha Joe, were you in the Statehouse with the Man himself?

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

hey he's not listed as Paul D. Ryan here

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

TheQat posted:

hey he's not listed as Paul D. Ryan here

The D stands for "Definitely a KKK member"

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer

zoux posted:

her outfit looks like a suit to me which would probably mean she's either with the press or with the campaign

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

This makes me so happy in so many ways

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
what did vitter do anyway to piss so many people off

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
:cripes:

http://forward.com/opinion/national/324013/how-i-would-rebuild-ties-to-israel-and-benjamin-neta/

Hillary Clinton posted:

We have recently marked the 20th anniversary of the assassination of then Israeli prime minister Yitzhak Rabin, a good friend, a courageous warrior and a great statesman. This somber anniversary, and Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s visit to Washington on November 9, is an opportunity to reaffirm the unbreakable bonds of friendship and unity between the people and governments of the United States and Israel.

God I hate the endless worship of Israel by American politicians.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

instituted measures to prevent trickle down from functioning correctly

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Likud is really bad, and Hillary shouldn't be taking Israel advice from Schumer.

http://news.yahoo.com/israeli-pms-media-adviser-suggested-obama-anti-semitic-173702562.html

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

to be fair rabin's death was potentially the event that really kickstarted israel into being the horror it is today, since the dude agitated for peace and whatnot

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

Human trash and also a sex baby

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Kitfox88 posted:

to be fair rabin's death was potentially the event that really kickstarted israel into being the horror it is today, since the dude agitated for peace and whatnot

Yeah. Assassinated by warmongers who basically won in the end.

• Locked thread