Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

coconono posted:

I was a fan of the repeated dick kicks ending in an eyepoke. Or the extremely complicated setup to an F5 then setting the person down and poking them in the eyes.

Nothing like the SUPER version of a move. #9 starts at 23 seconds.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8V8Hmk3kqtg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Switching up entrances might be my favorite wrestling game thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VElEA7XfkDI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkJNrwAU2JU

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

triplexpac posted:

I just remembered one of the earlier Smackdown games had Create-A-Taunt, that was kind of fun to mess around with.

I'm pretty sure that was Here Comes the Pain and it was awesome.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

simosimo posted:

There is a lot of delay, and unexplained lack of action on button presses I gotta say. Particularly annoying is when you hastily try to do your signature/finisher and it does nothing - then you just get grappled/punched. Annoying!
The delay was added in last year to address the collision detection jank that had persisted in the series since the first Smackdown game. Stuff like kicking your opponent as he was getting up causing the rising animation to immediately transition to on-the-ground-and-selling, or sliding forward when you suplexed a guy near the ropes so they would have space to land, or running diagonally on the outside when coming into the ring at a weird angle. Now you can't kick someone while they're in a transition animation and wrestlers automatically move to compensate for ring space.

It's not ideal, but it's better than what we had before imo. It both slows the pace down and improves the ~*immersion*~ of the game. There's still some weirdness, like performing moves near the stairs, but 2K16 has added a lot of small environmental / physical touches that wouldn't be possible without the change, like when an opponent ducks a clothesline near the ropes and you smack into them chest-first, or how whipping an opponent into the ring from outside from any angle except straight-on will cause them to collide with it instead of changing course and rolling into it.

Stuff like that and guys falling down when whipped on the outside make the game feel a lot more "physical".

Basic Chunnel fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Nov 5, 2015

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=On4UTjcVk14
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHCcPJZvCX8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CeFjK7isSV4

The WWE even seems to be getting in on the fun a bit.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
I didn't realize you could mix up the Usos entrance with their little chant plus another theme.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
Can someone explain the differences between the current gen and last gen versions of the game? I'm holding out for the PC version but I have a Best Buy gift card sitting around doing nothing and wouldn't mind the PS3 version.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

1st AD posted:

Can someone explain the differences between the current gen and last gen versions of the game? I'm holding out for the PC version but I have a Best Buy gift card sitting around doing nothing and wouldn't mind the PS3 version.

PS3 version is literally just 2k14 with an updated roster.

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

Good people don't rip other people's arms off.
It also doesn't have career mode, I'm pretty sure. Just buy 2K14 used if you want wrasslin' on PS3

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

how much can you edit the regular roster in this game? everything from attributes and moves to appearance and entrance and poo poo? Can you even change names?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I turned John Cena heel and set his attributes to Cowardly.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

MinibarMatchman posted:

how much can you edit the regular roster in this game? everything from attributes and moves to appearance and entrance and poo poo? Can you even change names?

Aside from name changes anything goes. Though now I want name changes for gimmicks like BIG J CENA

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

MinibarMatchman posted:

You can edit clothes, but not facial features or body art. I edited my NOD Faarooq into Acolyte Faarooq. I couldn't add his chest paint though. You can change names of the alternate attire, and change attributes. I don't believe you can change moves.

This all takes up a save slot, so if it's a really radical change you want to make (like Rockers-era Shawn Michaels instead of current HBK), it makes more sense to use a CAS slot.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
I don't know if it's possible on consoles, but there's a way to mod 2k15 PC so that you can upload "CAW" versions of the face-scan wrestlers that are editable.

Lady Naga fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Nov 5, 2015

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

CopywrightMMXI posted:

I don't believe you can change moves.

You've always been able to in these games for as long as I can remember. Hell, the moves pack advertising even tells you which wrestlers the moves go with.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Tonfa posted:

You've always been able to in these games for as long as I can remember. Hell, the moves pack advertising even tells you which wrestlers the moves go with.

Oh yeah. I just meant an edited attire wouldn't have a separate move set from the original superstar.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

It's too bad you can't deform the existing bodies anymore like you could in 2K14. RIP Extremely Fat Daniel Bryan.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

If I can't make Vader break orbit than why be here. Why be here

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

coconono posted:

I turned John Cena heel and set his attributes to Cowardly.

How dare you!!!!

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

someone make an Always Give Up towel for him

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Is there a goonlist of handles on PS4? Add me if you like, I'm flashy_mcflash there as well.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

remusclaw is my handle on the ps4 and pretty much everywhere.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
It's interesting hearing pretty glowing reviews here, as opposed to the Giant Bombcast guys just burying the game.

I trust the opinions more here, but Dan is a huge wrestling fan and hates the game so it's interesting to hear the difference of opinion

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

I have seen mixed opinions elsewhere as well, and from what I can gather, some people like the old way the game played more than the more deliberate pace of this one. They dislike the new pin system and they dislike the new submission system. I dont get it myself, as this is the best wrestling game I have played in years. Caveat though, it is also the glitchiest.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
My most griping issue with the game is the inability to adjust the momentum in MyCareer. Let me speed up Raw and Superstar matches and slow down PPVs. For realism.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I don't get complaining about the pin system at all... it's the same except it's a circle now instead of a line? :confused:

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

I have heard appeals to realism here, too many 0 and 1 count kick outs.

Yeah career mode is full of issues, but they are issues that don't have much to do with the core game-play, just with the way they expect you to interact with it. The match rating system works, but is the most boring system they could have devised. Really should have made getting your rear end kicked count for rating. And yes, the match modifying options are more limited by far then they need to be, and in career mode that is the case even more so.

remusclaw fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Nov 5, 2015

Genericide
Jan 20, 2004

Stone Cold mode is a boring grind.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Showcase has been that every year to me.

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

Good people don't rip other people's arms off.

flashy_mcflash posted:

Is there a goonlist of handles on PS4? Add me if you like, I'm flashy_mcflash there as well.

Geektox is mine

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Genericide posted:

It's a little better if you do the bonus objectives in the list that let you play as Bret or Mikey in order to mix things up. But otherwise it lacks the upside of the previous ones because you're only playing as Steve.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Genericide posted:

Showcase mode has always been a piece of poo poo.

Needs More Jazz
Nov 4, 2009
Got to give Career mode credit, the authority challenges actually make things interesting.

"Have a 5 star match." My opponent? Bo Dallas.

I literally had to carry Bo Dallas to a 5 star match. This was after I pissed the Authority off by refusing to lose to Roman Reigns.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Anyone else have an issue with "losing" caw upload slots? I upload someone and they appear online in search, but the slot just forever says "empty". Worked fine first few days of the game.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Yeah, I got that too, its not really a problem though, because when I tried to fix it by uploading the same character over it again, I just ended up with two of the same character uploaded and still no indicator that I used a slot. So, infinite upload slot.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.
You know, I honestly haven't played 2K16 and unless it comes to PC? Probably never will. That said... man the vids I've seen on Youtube make the game look like a gently caress ton of fun!

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Why is it that sometimes I can't use a stored finisher? Do I need more stamina or something? What do the colors of your health bar mean and the percentage under it?

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

the color bar is your stamina which has three(?) levels: dark blue to blue to purple to empty. no stamina means no signature or finisher. you really need to pace yourself in this game, otherwise you burn out pretty quickly in a match.

percentage numbers is your momentum. 100% for a signature, 150 for a finisher.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-tywM5gr8E

This game...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

rented dis and spent an hour editing poo poo, then an error took me out of the game, loving it all up. Not to mention all the invisible wrestlers that appear. Between these loving stupid bugs and how sluggish this is, I can't believe how much better 2k14 was compared to this complete piece of poo poo. also, in the past you could put hats and jackets and crazy poo poo on your characters but now it's entrance only? gently caress off with this "no fun allowed" poo poo