Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
Also this:

is so cool I can hardly stand it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
First IBO P-Bandai kit's been previewed - it's Gaelio's Schwalbe Graze. It's literally just a recoloured SG with the lance-gun from the MS Option Set 1, but it sure is pretty.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Darth Walrus posted:

First IBO P-Bandai kit's been previewed - it's Gaelio's Schwalbe Graze. It's literally just a recoloured SG with the lance-gun from the MS Option Set 1, but it sure is pretty.

You gotta admit, they're getting their money's worth out of that Graze frame.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

They're also releasing the Ares Graze through P-Bandai. Just the basic Graze in blue.

Which, you know, is much nicer than when a whole mold is P-Bandai exclusive.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Mind you, there is something kinda neat about just how much kit support IBO is getting, especially after G-Reco. I wonder if the Hyakuri will get a recolour as well? There's two separate colour schemes in the preview images. One (which'll presumably be piloted by McGillis) is blue with blue eyes, while the other (presumably the standard production model) is grey with red eyes.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Darth Walrus posted:

Mind you, there is something kinda neat about just how much kit support IBO is getting, especially after G-Reco. I wonder if the Hyakuri will get a recolour as well? There's two separate colour schemes in the preview images. One (which'll presumably be piloted by McGillis) is blue with blue eyes, while the other (presumably the standard production model) is grey with red eyes.

It's a no-brainer when about 60-70% of the kit is an identical skeletal frame.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Neddy Seagoon posted:

It's a no-brainer when about 60-70% of the kit is an identical skeletal frame.

Sure, but even so, it's not as common as it might be. I'm remembering 00 here, where a shitload of mook-suit variants didn't get kits. Where's my Tieren High Mobility Type, Bandai? :argh:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Darth Walrus posted:

Sure, but even so, it's not as common as it might be. I'm remembering 00 here, where a shitload of mook-suit variants didn't get kits. Where's my Tieren High Mobility Type, Bandai? :argh:

No, these are more exploitable adaptable because all it probably takes is altering half a runner's worth of parts to be able to fit a completely different kit onto the frame.

Electric Lady
Mar 21, 2010

To be victorious
you must find glory
in the little things
I really like the green and white of the Graze Custom, myself.

Even though the kits are nearly identical, the reason why isn't horrible to me. I hope that inner frames for HG's continue to be a standard.

Plus with IBO it feels like they're really encouraging kitbashing, and standardizing a lot of stuff could help with that.

What's the best site to look at kitbashes and get ideas, just Gundam Kits Collection? I saw the Hi-Mock/Ball and the Hi-Mock/Nightingale earlier in the topic, plus that Over Graze, and I love them.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Droyer posted:

A good GundamGuy comment???

:shittypop:

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
This 1/100 Mobius Zero kit looks super cool, but :wtc: $30 shipping?

Reds
Jun 15, 2015

I sense someone talking about... GUNDAM!

BlitzBlast posted:

Next HG REVIVE confirmed to be the Gyan.

It's finally the Gyan Vulcan's time to shine!

Can you provide a source on that? I can't find that anywhere and I'm not trusting it until I can.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

...The latest Tamashii Nations? The HG Revive room was a no photo area IIRC so you're not going to see much, but it's been confirmed that Bandai plans to go all in on OYW stuff. They also seem to be focusing on the stuff that showed up in Build Fighters, presumably so when the OVAs hit they can reprint all the Build Boosters and sell them separately.

Gundam Guy has a closer shot of the exact same photo if you really need to see it somewhere else I suppose.

Reds
Jun 15, 2015

BlitzBlast posted:

...The latest Tamashii Nations? The HG Revive room was a no photo area IIRC so you're not going to see much, but it's been confirmed that Bandai plans to go all in on OYW stuff. They also seem to be focusing on the stuff that showed up in Build Fighters, presumably so when the OVAs hit they can reprint all the Build Boosters and sell them separately.

Gundam Guy has a closer shot of the exact same photo if you really need to see it somewhere else I suppose.

For like ten or so minutes after seeing his post I couldn't find a source anywhere, it's fine now.

Electric Lady
Mar 21, 2010

To be victorious
you must find glory
in the little things
Further progress on the GM Space Command. Priming the gun and the torso. I'm going to re-paint the yellow bits I painted for the torso after getting the purple on, because I think they'll look better fully painted, instead of just having the insides yellow. Wish I had realized that before putting them in, but it shouldn't be too bad:

(If you're going to paint over a part you've already painted, should you prime it again out of an abundance of caution? Or is it good to go?)

Seam welding ain't too bad at all. The plastic cement is a little weird to use. It's like reverse superglue...would have treated it just like superglue had I not read a post from BlitzBlast earlier in the topic. Used a bit of putty, too, with a lovely broken box cutter as a pseudo-putty knife. One of the seams didn't take too well and I had to put on some more putty before putting on the last layer of primer, too. The gun was a lot easier to seam weld, since there's only a portion that I'll be painting of that.

There were some little divets on the torso that I filled with putty, too. One side went a lot deeper than the other. So I just filled it in. Hopefully it still looks okay.

Not sure if I'm going to bother painting the anklets. I'd have to seam-weld them as I build them onto the leg, and I have no idea how I'm going to paint between the anklet and the leg. But it feels way less intimidating now.

e: I'm looking for a picture of a joke build...it's the treads of a Guntank, but instead of the body, someone put on a Gunpla's legs. I've been searching for this image for cumulative hours and can't for the life of me find it. Please...

Electric Lady fucked around with this message at 07:51 on Nov 5, 2015

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

BlitzBlast posted:

Next HG REVIVE confirmed to be the Gyan.

It's finally the Gyan Vulcan's time to shine!

Have there ever been any attempts to redesign the Gyan to make it look less... dorky? :v:

R-Gyagya excepted, of course, because that's not a Gyan.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Have there ever been any attempts to redesign the Gyan to make it look less... dorky? :v:

R-Gyagya excepted, of course, because that's not a Gyan.

I assumed the dorkiness was its selling point. You know, like how the Acguy is the world's most huggable special-forces murder-suit.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Every OYW design has gotten some kind of modern retake.

Also HG Super Fumina came out and

it's huge. That's the MG SBS it's standing next to!

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Well, that's certainly less dorky, although I'm not sure if it's any better. :v:

(It's better, it just needs less ornamental bits.)

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

BlitzBlast posted:

Every OYW design has gotten some kind of modern retake.

Also HG Super Fumina came out and

it's huge. That's the MG SBS it's standing next to!

Holy loving poo poo.

Reds
Jun 15, 2015

Look up the Gyan Krieger aometime.

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer

BlitzBlast posted:

This 1/100 Mobius Zero kit looks super cool, but :wtc: $30 shipping?

GOD DAMMIT WHY DO THEY FINALLY DO THIS AND IT'S $30 SHIPPING

I'm going to pull the trigger on this unless someone can tell me that SPL can't do styrene kits to save their rear end. I always loved the Moebius Zero.

Edit: trigger pulled, here's hoping I didn't get garbage.

MJP fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Nov 5, 2015

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

Reds posted:

It's a pretty legit design:
https://www.hlj.com/product/bcl2246/Gun

No HG kit though, right?

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

MJP posted:

GOD DAMMIT WHY DO THEY FINALLY DO THIS AND IT'S $30 SHIPPING

I'm going to pull the trigger on this unless someone can tell me that SPL can't do styrene kits to save their rear end. I always loved the Moebius Zero.

Edit: trigger pulled, here's hoping I didn't get garbage.

I guess it's too late to tell you that I checked with Samuel and he's got the same thing for $30 with $16 shipping?

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Reds posted:

The Gyan Krieger is alright, but it doesn't do anything to address how silly the head is, and also it loses the needle missile shield.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Lemon Curdistan posted:

The Gyan Krieger is alright, but it doesn't do anything to address how silly the head is, and also it loses the needle missile shield.

It does a bit. It basically gives it the Sinanju's head with a more cross-shaped monoeye track, which honestly looks pretty OK and much less weird than the standard version.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
Quit hatin on Gyan. Calling its design goofy in light of stuff from later series (and even Gyagya, which is way goofier) is crazy, and it makes sense as a suit for a ponce like M'Quve.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
No, I'm calling it dorky. It looks like the other Zeon suits beat it up and take its lunch money.

The R-Jarja is a thing of beauty and I will fight anyone who disagrees.

Darth Walrus posted:

It does a bit. It basically gives it the Sinanju's head with a more cross-shaped monoeye track, which honestly looks pretty OK and much less weird than the standard version.

The problem is it's this weird, short-but-tall design. The new mono-eye design on the Krieger is good, but the head's basic shape is still hosed.

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Grimey Drawer

BlitzBlast posted:

I guess it's too late to tell you that I checked with Samuel and he's got the same thing for $30 with $16 shipping?

Too late to auto-cancel via Ebay, I fired off a request to the seller. It would suck if it's not cancelable at this point but I made the order at around 10 PM China time, most likely, so hopefully things haven't progressed too far.

I either get a Moebius Zero for $66 or for $46 - either way, FINALLY A MOEBIUS ZERO THAT ISN'T TINY

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

MJP posted:

Too late to auto-cancel via Ebay, I fired off a request to the seller. It would suck if it's not cancelable at this point but I made the order at around 10 PM China time, most likely, so hopefully things haven't progressed too far.

I either get a Moebius Zero for $66 or for $46 - either way, FINALLY A MOEBIUS ZERO THAT ISN'T TINY

15bux, eat two fewer Chipotle burritos between now and Thanksgiving.

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

I just bought the big gunbuster figure and i am excited.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

DamnGlitch posted:

I just bought the big gunbuster figure and i am excited.

You mean the Soul of Chogokin? I've heard nothing but amazing things about that figure.

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

Yeah the rerelease just came out I guess so its at achievable prices finally.

Been lookin at it for years.

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Midjack posted:

15bux, eat two fewer Chipotle burritos between now and Thanksgiving.

Joke's on Chipotle, I don't eat 'em anyway. Cutting down on the huge lunches out is a good thing, and besides, they're carb bombs that should be regulated by treaty.

bij
Feb 24, 2007

I was just catching up with Gundam stuff and this is a tad dated, but holy poo poo I want a RE/100 Efreet Custom... or any Efreet that isn't the Scheid. There's enough pink mono-eyed grunts and the dagger-porcupine thing doesn't do it for me.

Pink's fine and all but that EXAM/Custom paint job is hot.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Lemon Curdistan posted:

No, I'm calling it dorky. It looks like the other Zeon suits beat it up and take its lunch money.

The R-Jarja is a thing of beauty and I will fight anyone who disagrees.

The problem is it's this weird, short-but-tall design. The new mono-eye design on the Krieger is good, but the head's basic shape is still hosed.

I don't really watch gundam anime but I feel compelled to post this:

Having a crusader greathelm with a jawbone seems kind of integral to the design, with the pickelhaube spike to ground it with it's imperial/nazi space-german kin.

The Missing Link
Aug 13, 2008

Should do fine against cats.
Just give it a big rear end floppy hat with a feather in it to distract from how bad the head is. Plus, it will make the Gyan a musketeer instead of a Knight. We've already got a knight gundam.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Make it a Landsknecht.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Has anybody built one of those Mechatrowego things? are they cool?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Kind of considering organizing a Secret Santa. Anyone interested?