Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

zoux posted:

How in the world could you glean that from the trailer?

Well there wasn't a single shot of meat woman so it's pretty obvious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
Flash and SHIELD were pretty cool today. Supergirl dropped 33% in the ratings. I thought the episode was good. It was nice that they said the word Superman out loud. They even said Clark Kent. It is sad that this is something that I am applauding them for doing.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

ToastyPotato posted:

Flash and SHIELD were pretty cool today. Supergirl dropped 33% in the ratings. I thought the episode was good. It was nice that they said the word Superman out loud. They even said Clark Kent. It is sad that this is something that I am applauding them for doing.

Flash was pretty neat and I was really enjoying it right up until the end when Earth-2 Wells starts babbling jargon about how to win the fight. Like, fine whatever, he's a genius, but at least in season 1 Wells had the excuse of secretly also being Reverse Flash so he kind of knew what speedsters were capable of. E2 Wells is just like "do this bullshit!" and it works because well why not. (I know the real reason is twofold: to try to make it more shocking to the heroes when Wells does his inevitable heel turn , and so they could do a neat cheap visual effect, but it was bad)

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Nov 4, 2015

ufarn
May 30, 2009
Maybe Wells has seen Zoom do it or something.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I don't think Wells is gonna do a heel turn, I think this is how they have Cavanaugh permanently. He'll be fully integrated in the team by the end of the season at the latest, imo.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Wells 2 Theory based on casting: Maybe he is a speedster, say Johnny Quick. Since the girl playing his daughter was cast as Jesse Quick.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

X-O posted:

Wells 2 Theory based on casting: Maybe he is a speedster, say Johnny Quick. Since the girl playing his daughter was cast as Jesse Quick.

That would be super cool and fine in my book.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Re: Wells chat. Wouldn't his metahuman detection watch go off on him then?

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Madkal posted:

My Guess: They don't have powers yet. When they beat Zoom/return Garrick's powers, one or both will get the speed force too. Or something along those lines.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
Alternatively it just doesn't because he made it so he can easily exclude/hide himself.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I'm finally getting around to watching Daredevil, and I really like it for the most part, but I'm pretty tired of all these scenes of Daredevil twisting someone's arm while asking for names.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

So, how was Constantine on Arrow?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

zoux posted:

Really good but not enough of him.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

zoux posted:

He really should be a recurring character. And probably have his show restarted on the CW.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Dexo posted:

He really should be a recurring character. And probably have his show restarted on the CW.

Maybe it slayed in the ratings last night and they'll take another look at it. I never watched the show because I saw it was a genre show on NBC on Friday nights and I was like, yeah that show is DOA.

I'm sure there are a lot of reasons why the CW passed on Constantine but I bet one of them was that Castiel is based on his style.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
Comic relief characters have a habit of doing well on Arrow. People just got kinda tired of Felicity doing the heavy lifting.

Probably because the show feels so cornily dark and angsty.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

zoux posted:

Pretty good, but as others said, not enough of him to really let him shine. Unfortunately, I think we won't see more of him this season, due to the actor's schedule (they barely got him for this episode as it is.) It would be cool if he can show up in Flash and Arrow a couple of times a season going forward though. CW doesn't want anymore DC shows allegedly, which is a shame, but it would be nice if his show could be resurrected if only for some closure to the initial story arc.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

zoux posted:

Maybe it slayed in the ratings last night and they'll take another look at it. I never watched the show because I saw it was a genre show on NBC on Friday nights and I was like, yeah that show is DOA.

I'm sure there are a lot of reasons why the CW passed on Constantine but I bet one of them was that Castiel is based on his style.

I watch Grimm and never gave Constantine a shot.

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

Madkal posted:

Continuing hopeful guessing Maybe in the... television universe he doesn't count as a metahuman because the speed formula actually works. It probably wouldn't detect Rex Tyler either aside from during his hour.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
THE HATE CRIME DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
or It doesn't work that well. It didn't trigger off Caitlyn after all. Maybe it only works on like 50% of metas

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I'm pretty sure the guy that made the app could exclude himself from it, guys.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

bunnyofdoom posted:

or It doesn't work that well. It didn't trigger off Caitlyn after all. Maybe it only works on like 50% of metas

Or Killer Frost is E2 Caitlin?

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

zoux posted:

I'm pretty sure the guy that made the app could exclude himself from it, guys.

He could. Or anyone else's guess might be more correct. Either way, we will find out for sure by the end of the season since it is confirmed more or less to be a plot point.

MacheteZombie posted:

Or Killer Frost is E2 Caitlin?

I didn't even consider that. Also, with Ronnie's actor saying he'd be back, I am not assuming he meant in Earth 2 form. Would be cool if he was Deathstorm via E2.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

ToastyPotato posted:

He could. Or anyone else's guess might be more correct. Either way, we will find out for sure by the end of the season since it is confirmed more or less to be a plot point.

I didn't even consider that. Also, with Ronnie's actor saying he'd be back, I am not assuming he meant in Earth 2 form. Would be cool if he was Deathstorm via E2.

I think someone else said it earlier, but I agreed with that poster that Zoom will probably start bringing more personal characters from E2 to Barry to get him to mess up. Since he did exactly that with Light.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

By "I am not assuming" I meant, I was assuming. No idea why I typed "not." :(

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
I really liked Constantine in last night's episode but I thought the whole "been on the island with Oliver thing" felt forced. I would have preferred it if Oliver could have just known John for some unexplained reason instead of shoehorning him into the whole flashback sequence.
One thing that it did get me wishing, though it will never ever come true, was to have Constantine pop up in all the DC shows as a cameo just because. Have him show up in Gotham to help Gordon solve a bunch of ritual murders. Have him show up in Supergirl to help her when she finds out about her vulnerability to magic. Have him show up in iZombie because why the gently caress not. Have him show up in Flash to deal with some magic threat or whatever.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I just read the Constantine story where he put the demon that did Jack the Ripper into a guy who ran a secret royal sex club and the demon made him bite his own dick and balls off. I'm assuming that never came up in the show?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

zoux posted:

I just read the Constantine story where he put the demon that did Jack the Ripper into a guy who ran a secret royal sex club and the demon made him bite his own dick and balls off. I'm assuming that never came up in the show?

That's almost a side plot on Grimm from last season. Maybe they intended to have a Constantine crossover at some point?

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Arrow had an 11% spike in the key demo last night, according to a report I read.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

zoux posted:

It was going to be the season opener in season 2.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Some details about the CW Riverdale show have been released.

quote:

Archie Andrews is described as "pumped and looking good after working construction for his dad during the summer," plus "harboring more than one dark, terrible secret." Consistent with classic Archie traits, he's pursuing music and playing football -- and fielding romantic interest from multiple girls.

In a move likely to raise some eyebrows, Betty Cooper is said to have "some self-esteem issues and affinity for Adderall." Less surprising, she's also said to be "eager-to-please, wholesome and studious." Betty will also have a "emotionally brittle mom" and "goth-like sister," and it's noted, ominously, that her spot on the cheerleading team comes "with certain conditions."

"Riverdale" is looking to "ideally" cast a Latina performer in the role of Veronica Lodge, TVLine reports. She's said to have recently returned to Riverdale after a scandal that saw her father go to prison, and is dubbed "extremely intelligent, self-confident and immediately popular" -- and looking to shed her Mean Girl image.

The show's Jughead Jones is called an "emo-heartthrob," and the producers are said to seek a hearing-impaired actor for the role. When the show picks up, Archie and Jughead will no longer be best friends due to an as-yet undisclosed schism, with Jughead "refusing to take the olive branch being proffered by Archie, the hurt goes that deep."

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/riverdale-looks-to-cast-pumped-archie-adderall-using-betty-and-emo-jughead

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Why make an Archie show if you're not going to make an Archie show?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

feedmyleg posted:

Yea, a heightened reality, cartoony live action teen sitcom would be pretty amusing. Nope, Archie is a buff dudebro and Jughead spends all this time wondering if Joy Division or the Cure are more depressing.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

feedmyleg posted:

Afterlife with Archie is more Archie than that show.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Codependent Poster posted:

Afterlife with Archie is more Archie than that show.

The same person wrote both of them. So I'm sure it'll be fine. Seeing a bunch of people all over the internet flip their lids about this (as if any of them actually read Archie) it's good to see that comic fans will still whine about adaptation changes even if they're not superheroes though. At least they're consistently terrible.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Madkal posted:

I really liked Constantine in last night's episode but I thought the whole "been on the island with Oliver thing" felt forced. I would have preferred it if Oliver could have just known John for some unexplained reason instead of shoehorning him into the whole flashback sequence.
One thing that it did get me wishing, though it will never ever come true, was to have Constantine pop up in all the DC shows as a cameo just because. Have him show up in Gotham to help Gordon solve a bunch of ritual murders. Have him show up in Supergirl to help her when she finds out about her vulnerability to magic. Have him show up in iZombie because why the gently caress not. Have him show up in Flash to deal with some magic threat or whatever.

I agree completely about him being shoehorned into the island. I groaned when I saw the blonde hair. I was hoping he'd end up strolling into the city because he sensed Sarah's revival, and after the mandatory hero vs hero fight he'd help restore her soul. Instead we got Deus Ex Constantina. But I got another episode of Hellblazer so I'm happy.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

X-O posted:

The same person wrote both of them. So I'm sure it'll be fine. Seeing a bunch of people all over the internet flip their lids about this (as if any of them actually read Archie) it's good to see that comic fans will still whine about adaptation changes even if they're not superheroes though. At least they're consistently terrible.

Yeah, to be honest, as someone who really likes Waid's Archie, I'm still kind of interested in this. Kids with Adderall addictions and parents in jail are, in fact, pretty 'typical teens' these days.

Still, I hope Archie and Jugs are on the outs because of a hamburger theft.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Archie is supposed to be about modern teens and always has supposed to have been about that, so good.

Nobby
Sep 10, 2006

Everyone cries when they're stabbed. There's no shame in that.
That's pretty cool that they're looking for a hearing-impaired actor for Jughead. Now I'm imagining a bunch of casting agents scouring every production of Tribes they can find.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
I'm holding out hope that next year's big crossover a la Legends of Tomorrow will be Constantine recruiting heroes to fight The Rising Darkness.

The Archie stuff sounds fairly interesting and I'm definitely gonna watch. Sacasa said it would have some influence from Twin Peaks, which is weird, but okay.